Photo

One New Screenshot

606 replies to this topic
Teh Edgiest Man on Earth
  • Teh Edgiest Man on Earth

2edgy5u #TeamMichael

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 22:53)
QUOTE (brwhizz @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 19:48)
QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 01:17)
QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Friday, May 24 2013, 13:18)
This is clearly fake.

The timecyc is f*cked up, the submarine colors do not match up with the ambient lighting.

Lock.

It's real, which is why this thread is still open. Idiot.

The only reason it's still open it's because there are too many ill people in serious denial here.

Rational beings who use common sense can easily realize how fake this screenshot is.

You must have down's syndrome to not notice that California is not always gloomy and it has it's gray times of the day too. Do you not know what the f*ck a fog is?

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Teh Edgiest Man on Earth @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 22:58)
QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 22:53)
QUOTE (brwhizz @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 19:48)
This is clearly fake.

The timecyc is f*cked up, the submarine colors do not match up with the ambient lighting.

Lock.

It's real, which is why this thread is still open. Idiot.

The only reason it's still open it's because there are too many ill people in serious denial here.

Rational beings who use common sense can easily realize how fake this screenshot is.

You must have down's syndrome to not notice that California is not always gloomy and it has it's gray times of the day too. Do you not know what the f*ck a fog is?

Funny that he talks about rational beings when he himself sounds completely delusional.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz)
Please do explain. You've already provided us with your expert analysis of the ambient lighting and 'timecyc', whatever the hell that is.

Go educate yourself, then.
If you want to be plated with even more common sense, just look at the water, and you -may- realize it was made in MS Paint.

QUOTE (Teh Edgiest Man on Earth)

I'm baffled by the level of your ignorance, sir.
You are making a counter argument, to a point that was never made. Who here said that Los Angeles is all sunny and gloomy?
That's right, no one did.

I implore you, go home, have a hot bath and think of what you did here today.

QUOTE (brwhizz)
Funny that he talks about rational beings when he himself sounds completely delusional.

Oh, please, stop, the irony is killing me.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 23:12)
QUOTE (brwhizz)
Please do explain. You've already provided us with your expert analysis of the ambient lighting and 'timecyc', whatever the hell that is.

If you want to be plated with even more common sense, just look at the water, and you -may- realize it was made in MS Paint.

You are making a counter argument, to a point that was never made. Who here said that Los Angeles is all sunny and gloomy?

QUOTE (brwhizz)

I can't wait for the opportunity to say 'I told you so' in regards to the image's authenticity. What a plonker you are!

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (brwhizz)

QUOTE (brwhizz)

Actually the water looks quite similar to the water in Franklin's screenshot....

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Haakontje @ Friday, May 24 2013, 07:21)
QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, May 24 2013, 11:19)
You know this is most likely a fake?

http://i.imgur.com/L38faD5.jpg

Not quite sure..

*Sigh*. You CANNOT use Error Level Analysis to spot fakes in screenshots. A rendered scene is inherently pasted together from a bunch of different images. That's how 3D engines work. Error Level Analysis should only be used to analyze photographs.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

Sub looks awesome

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:29)
QUOTE (Afusensi @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:29)
IMO this looks like a modded GTA IV.

It looks like every other gta 5 screen.

Thats not true.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Everytime I see this I think it's a new screenshot.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (Afusensi @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 13:39)
QUOTE (brwhizz @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:29)
QUOTE (Afusensi @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:29)
IMO this looks like a modded GTA IV.

It looks like every other gta 5 screen.

Thats not true.

It is true.

Palm3
  • Palm3

I will laugh at the giant beaver!!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Why is this thread still open?

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Why should it be locked.. just let it "die" like all other topics. There is nothing much more to discuss about it. Fake or not.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 19:52)
Why should it be locked.. just let it "die" like all other topics. There is nothing much more to discuss about it. Fake or not.

You've got to be a bit special to think that the image is in any way fake.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

This is clearly fake.

Lock.

You really need professional help.

Not the first stupid thing i have noticed you post, either.

Teh Edgiest Man on Earth

2edgy5u #TeamMichael

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:30 PM Edited by Teh Edgiest Man on Earth, 30 May 2013 - 09:33 PM.

QUOTE (brwhizz)

QUOTE (brwhizz)

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez)
The timecyc is f*cked up

Nice, using modding language on a forum section where modding is a totally f*cking forbidden word, this has to be the most idiotic thing you have ever said. For those who SHOULD NOT KNOW, timecyc is basically the codes for weather colors and gloominess in GTA.

So what if the weather is not gloomy? By saying the "timecyc" (f*ckING WEATHER for common sense) is f*cked, that means that in your terms, the weather is f*cked, which is totally wrong, you basically said the weather is f*cked because it's not as colorful as all the other screens, which are photoshopped to have gloominess and catch the SoCal feeling btw.

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

You know you're retarded when people can't tell if you're trolling or just stupid.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (gtasadude @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:22)
You know you're retarded when people can't tell if you're trolling or just stupid.

What? He is retarded because other people can't tell if he is trolling or stupid? That makes no sense.

Topsu
  • Topsu

A man who takes his time waiting

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Accept it, it's a leaked in-game shot. There's nothing that looks fake in it.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

why does this have 28 pages?

why did i just post to increase the number of replies further?

Teh Edgiest Man on Earth

2edgy5u #TeamMichael

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

It's the other way around, you are too mentally retarded to understand me.

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Teh Edgiest Man on Earth @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:15)

I wasn't talking about you, I was referring to the larger argument at hand. I know that most people don't know what a timecyc is, it's not what I'm talking about. The whole argument that this screenshot is faked is so ridiculous that I don't even know where to start.

Teh Edgiest Man on Earth

2edgy5u #TeamMichael

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (gtasadude @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:07)
QUOTE (Teh Edgiest Man on Earth @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:15)

I wasn't talking about you, I was referring to the larger argument at hand. I know that most people don't know what a timecyc is, it's not what I'm talking about. The whole argument that this screenshot is faked is so ridiculous that I don't even know where to start.

Oh then, I am sorry.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeedRulez, 31 May 2013 - 07:07 PM.

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher)
Actually the water looks quite similar to the water in Franklin's screenshot....

No.

QUOTE (Darrel)

Yes, and your post is clearly contributing with the forums and/or the thread.

timecyc is basically the codes for weather colors and gloominess in GTA.

That's right, but it's incomplete.
The timecyc not only determines the weather or the time of day, it is also responsible to set the shadows intensity according to the time of day, the cast light alpha on traffic signals and lamp posts, the amount of ambient color on static map objects, such as most buildings, structures and landmasses and it also controls the amount of ambient light on dynamic objects, such pedestrians and vehicles.
You'll notice how the submarine colors are weird and unfitting, that's why I said it's f*cked up.

So what if the weather is not gloomy? By saying the "timecyc" (f*ckING WEATHER for common sense) is f*cked, that means that in your terms, the weather is f*cked, which is totally wrong, you basically said the weather is f*cked because it's not as colorful as all the other screens, which are photoshopped to have gloominess and catch the SoCal feeling btw.

Again, you are putting words in my mouth, I said none of this.

Nice, using modding language on a forum section where modding is a totally f*cking forbidden word

Since when? Why?

Please, enlighten me.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Teh Edgiest Man on Earth @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 23:30)
Nice, using modding language on a forum section where modding is a totally f*cking forbidden word [...]

I don't want to get involved in your argument, but that's not true. Modding is not forbidden on any part of the forum, it just doesn't fit everywhere; it belongs to the Modding forums. However, when it comes to discussions as for example the timecyc, then you can discuss it everywhere if it is needed/wanted. It's a valid part of the discussion about the colour of in-game objects so why should it be forbidden?

Teh Edgiest Man on Earth

2edgy5u #TeamMichael

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Friday, May 31 2013, 19:45)
QUOTE (Teh Edgiest Man on Earth @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 23:30)
Nice, using modding language on a forum section where modding is a totally f*cking forbidden word [...]

I don't want to get involved in your argument, but that's not true. Modding is not forbidden on any part of the forum, it just doesn't fit everywhere; it belongs to the Modding forums. However, when it comes to discussions as for example the timecyc, then you can discuss it everywhere if it is needed/wanted. It's a valid part of the discussion about the colour of in-game objects so why should it be forbidden?

Because when someone says modding in the V section the first thing that comes to their minds is hack, and over 50 pages of arguing would come up as a consequence.

rocks_d89
  • rocks_d89

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

It isn't fake.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Friday, May 31 2013, 19:04)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher)

No.

QUOTE (Darrel)

Yes, and your post is clearly contributing with the forums and/or the thread.

timecyc is basically the codes for weather colors and gloominess in GTA.

The timecyc not only determines the weather or the time of day, it is also responsible to set the shadows intensity according to the time of day, the cast light alpha on traffic signals and lamp posts, the amount of ambient color on static map objects, such as most buildings, structures and landmasses and it also controls the amount of ambient light on dynamic objects, such pedestrians and vehicles.
You'll notice how the submarine colors are weird and unfitting, that's why I said it's f*cked up.

Again, you are putting words in my mouth, I said none of this.

Nice, using modding language on a forum section where modding is a totally f*cking forbidden word

Since when? Why?

Please, enlighten me.

Your knowledge of modding aside, the image to which you refer is 100% real. Only somebody with serious mental problems would think otherwise - are you currently a psychiatric patient of some description?

GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:46 AM

You'd think by now someone would have claimed responsibility for this picture, whether it be Rockstar or some gaming magazine. Even though no one has claimed responsibility, I still think it's real

rader1
  • rader1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (GTAfiveFAN @ Friday, May 31 2013, 20:46)
You'd think by now someone would have claimed responsibility for this picture, whether it be Rockstar or some gaming magazine. Even though no one has claimed responsibility, I still think it's real

No one is claiming ownership or responsibility of the photo because no-one outside this little thread knows or gives a f*ck that there is a raging debate as to authenticity lol

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Friday, May 31 2013, 19:04)

Hmm you may be right about the sub, the specular reflection is a bit too green. In GTA IV specular reflection color was controlled by the color of the sun, not the lighting but we can't judge since we can't see the sun or anything else shiny. The paint could also be iridescent which appeared on some cars in IV. So the "weird" lighting on the sub could be explained by that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users