Is this the Khamelion?

61 replies to this topic
MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (johncs154 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 11:13)
Possible that its the car but that car was shown twice before the SE and CE was announced so I doubt that's it. Also the Fisker Karma has 4 doors. Rockstar rarely changes models from 2door to 4door and vice versa. So if that's the Khamelion is most likely not based on the Karma.

This is the Fisker Sunset. I know it's a Convertable but the Convertable to coupe jump is more beleiveable. It's a two door Fisker Karma pretty much, the Karma is more known which is why more people point to it.

user posted image

I mean look at that, just put a roof on it and we have an eere resemblance.

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Friday, May 24 2013, 19:19)
Possible that its the car but that car was shown twice before the SE and CE was announced so I doubt that's it. Also the Fisker Karma has 4 doors. Rockstar rarely changes models from 2door to 4door and vice versa. So if that's the Khamelion is most likely not based on the Karma.

This is the Fisker Sunset. I know it's a Convertable but the Convertable to coupe jump is more beleiveable. It's a two door Fisker Karma pretty much, the Karma is more known which is why more people point to it.

user posted image

That's definitely the same car, whether it's the khamelion or not is the question.

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yep Definitely the Karma S(Sunset) I forgot to add that to my post..

Liudeius
  • Liudeius

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Friday, May 24 2013, 06:37)
God, I hope so!  That's one electric car that doesn't look like a pussy (not talking about the good kind).  I'm hoping it doesn't sound like a queef though.

Must resist insulting other users... (My poster rank "player hater" is quite accurate.)

Electric cars don't make much noise at all. They are silent enough to be a hazard to the blind.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (GTAforthe21thcentury @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:12)
Obviously based off the fisker karma,which is an electric car. The name is probably based off the song karma chemelon by culture club.

Ive never heard of it myself, but i'd lay money on it being based on that car, it's a very R* name change for a car.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 11:21)

user posted image

That's definitely the same car, whether it's the khamelion or not is the question.

Yes, it could very well not be the Khamelion.

But there's more signs pointing to it than not, the mentioned the Khamelion was electic, as is the Karma/Sunset, which this car is based off of, then you have the possible song refrence which seems like something they'd do in my eyes at least.

It could very well be something else though but this is the best match we have. Who knows we could get more than one Electric car.

Semi related note, I hope there's a convertable version of that car either way, as I think it, and by extenstion the Sunset are one of the few cars out there I really like with the top down. I'd also allow more people to see my Smug face while I'm saving the enviroment.

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:26)

user posted image

But there's more signs pointing to it than not, the mentioned the Khamelion was electic, as is the Karma/Sunset, which this car is based off of, then you have the possible song refrence which seems like something they'd do in my eyes at least.

It could very well be something else though but this is the best match we have. Who knows we could get more than one Electric car.

Semi related note, I hope there's a convertable version of that car either way, as I think it, and by extenstion the Sunset are one of the few cars out there I really like with the top down. I'd also allow more people to see my Smug face while I'm saving the enviroment.

At the very least it should be mentioned as a possibility in the vehicle database (i.e.: titling the images "Khamelion?" and mentioning the name reference, that car is definitely based on the Karma Sunset, be it the Khamelion or not though).

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

It has been mentioned since the car was first shown last November people have been saying Karma/Sunset allot, as well as a few other cars.

Now with the news of Khamelion allot of people are agreeing about it likely being the car.

7REW7
  • 7REW7

Psycho Psychos

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hey guys.

i dont thinks it the Fisker Sunset that is the Khamelion

i think it may be a Jaguar C-X75, which is a concept electric car and if you look at it the lights look like
the eyes of a Chameleon

user posted image

user posted image

dee8ball
  • dee8ball

*clap... *clap... *clap...

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Friday, May 24 2013, 19:30)
QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:26)

user posted image

At the very least it should be mentioned as a possibility in the vehicle database (i.e.: titling the images "Khamelion?" and mentioning the name reference, that car is definitely based on the Karma Sunset, be it the Khamelion or not though).

Yeah the Karma/Sunset is our best bet for the Khamelion.

Rjeev142
  • Rjeev142

Snitches get stitches

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

What if rockstar is trolling us and the Khamelion is really a gta parody of the nissan leaf! lol.gif

user posted image

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

Did they seriously name a car "Leaf"? Good god.
Anyway, it was said it was a high end electric car, so most likely not.

Blood_Money
  • Blood_Money

Cártel de Los Santos

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

It could be based on the Fisker Karma.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

I'm hoping for something like this...

user posted image

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

Well we do have an SLS AMG based car called the Surano, maybe we’ll get an Electric
version based on the Electric Drive called the Surano EV or something to that degree
as a special car that spawns at one or two points on the map? I'm not against more
than one electric car, one or two or so could add some variety to the car list. icon14.gif

Thecrazypolak
  • Thecrazypolak

Future Nobody

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

i think it might be the tesla tounge.gif who knows ? I'm probably wrong

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (boxmonster @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:49)
I thought it was a Tesla of some sort. Maybe a Roadster.
user posted image

The Lotus Elise/Tesla Roadster (Lotus makes the car for Tesla, Tesla then puts their electric drivetrain in it & sells it as a Tesla. Sort of the same thing that RUF does to Porsche except in this case it involves batteries & an electric motor) is in the game as seen in an earlier screenshot.
user posted image

Niick99
  • Niick99

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

Kama kama kama kama kama kamelionnnnnn! Lol im too baked right now I apoligize

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

What I don't understand, why does it matter if it's an electric car. Why did they need to emphasize the electric part and not just say an exotic car, or anything else.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Bantri @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 04:58)
What I don't understand, why does it matter if it's an electric car. Why did they need to emphasize the electric part and not just say an exotic car, or anything else.

Because you have to fill it once in a while!

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Bantri @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 04:58)

In real life Electric cars have no Torque Curve like regular cars do (well unless the manufacture builds one into the system which wouldn't be the case in a "Sportscar"), meaning they accelerate way better then combustion engine cars.

nortex010
  • nortex010

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

We already have the SSC Ultimate Aero in the game. This has been confirmed to be the Cheetah, which we saw in action in trailer 2.
It could also be a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Electric Drive, but the SLS is also already in the game as the Benefactor Surano.
I rather think the Khamelion is a Tesla Model S or a Fisker Karma.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (nortex010 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 16:32)
We already have the SSC Ultimate Aero in the game. This has been confirmed to be the Cheetah, which we saw in action in trailer 2.
It could also be a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Electric Drive, but the SLS is also already in the game as the Benefactor Surano.
I rather think the Khamelion is a Tesla Model S or a Fisker Karma.

Cheetah is a Enzo. monocle.gif

Azazel
  • Azazel

Rhododendron.

• None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:35)
QUOTE (meson1 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 14:46)
QUOTE (GTAforthe21thcentury @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:12)
Obviously based off the Fisker Karma, which is an electric car. The name is probably based off the song Karma Chemelon by Culture Club.

This! icon14.gif

I thought of the Fisker Karma when I first saw mention of the Khamelion.

But what sells this notion is what you've said there. Because that is exactly the kind of wordplay Rockstar use to name almost everything in GTA.

Fisker Karma -> Karma Chameleon (Culture Club song) -> Khamelion

That is definitely it exactly.

*snip*

Yeah, that seems to make the most sense.

Or the Fisker Karma Sunset:

user posted image

Which would probably make it this.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 09:25)
QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:35)
QUOTE (meson1 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 14:46)
Obviously based off the Fisker Karma, which is an electric car. The name is probably based off the song Karma Chemelon by Culture Club.

This! icon14.gif

But what sells this notion is what you've said there. Because that is exactly the kind of wordplay Rockstar use to name almost everything in GTA.

*snip*

Yeah, that seems to make the most sense.

Or the Fisker Karma Sunset:

*Snip*

Which would probably make it this.

I allready posted the Sunset last page.

But yeah that's what I think it'll be is the sunset since we've allready seen a car that looks
allot like it. I.E the one in the link you posted.

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

I sure as hope it not the Justin Beiber chrome Tesla.

Our lord Steve Jobs
  • Our lord Steve Jobs

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

user posted image

Here's a shot of the rear of the Khamelion. You can read the badge.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (meson1 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:46)

This! icon14.gif

user posted image

very clever! good find guys icon14.gif

qBIRD
  • qBIRD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (GTAforthe21thcentury @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:12)
Obviously based off the fisker karma,which is an electric car. The name is probably based off the song karma chemelon by culture club.

Hmmm. I remember saying that Here. thanks for the credit though.

LackedMushroom0
  • LackedMushroom0

Steenster Spellen

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (FacebookStalkerJustKidding @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 06:00)
user posted image

Here's a shot of the rear of the Khamelion. You can read the badge.

Daaammmnn...
I was just going to post this picture. But nice man! I think the same!
If you look at the letters on the back of the car you can make up the word 'Khameleon'

I also think it's this car. It has the same curves.
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users