Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the point of having a electric car?

229 replies to this topic
ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Bantri @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 03:29)
QUOTE (ryuclan @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 03:19)
Swipe card, pull nozzle, place in car, sit and wait, take receipt... bored.gif   I understand the need for people who roleplay to have a feature such as this but to people who do not act like they are living out real lives in a video game it's just tedious.

Roleplay that... in bed Hehe

As long as it doesn't end up being self service.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 03:40)
QUOTE (Bantri @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 03:29)
QUOTE (ryuclan @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 03:19)
Swipe card, pull nozzle, place in car, sit and wait, take receipt... bored.gif   I understand the need for people who roleplay to have a feature such as this but to people who do not act like they are living out real lives in a video game it's just tedious.

Roleplay that... in bed Hehe

As long as it doesn't end up being self service.

Dangggg, that's a good one! It's different now than the old days though when you had service boys to come do all this for you and even maybe wash it for you at the same time.

Passwrd
  • Passwrd

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

Maybe since it's a sport car we could get some performance out of it. Sacrifice top speed for mad torque and acceleration.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

I hope it looks like Eddie's car from that show "Grounded For Life". He bought an electric car, and the episode started with him walking through his brother's house to plug his car into the kitchen outlet. Then when he was driving away, his brother could walk faster than this thing went, and only had to grab on to it to stop it. Haha. Would be so funny in GTA

user posted image

That looks sporty enough right?

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

my assumption for electric cars is just to keep the game realistic with the times. hybrids and electric cars are becoming more and more popular, and R* wants to illistrate this. this doesnt confirm there will be fuel in the game, in fact i HIGHLY doubt it will be. i just think R* wants to keep the game as up-to-date with the times as possible.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 03:50)
... it's about the majority and I'm not sure who's in favor here.

Who's in the majority? See the Poll on this thread here: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=555738

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (Bantri @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 21:15)
I hope it looks like Eddie's car from that show "Grounded For Life". He bought an electric car, and the episode started with him walking through his brother's house to plug his car into the kitchen outlet. Then when he was driving away, his brother could walk faster than this thing went, and only had to grab on to it to stop it. Haha. Would be so funny in GTA

user posted image

That looks sporty enough right?

ROFL. I rember that.

Why not? I would be down for it being in the game, maybe call it the Eddie no reason we can't have a fast Sexy EV and a slow one like that lol.

CrazedGaming
  • CrazedGaming

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 03:16)
It might be a parady of a new sports car that is electric. If I recall correctly, it is made by Lamborghini or Ferrari.

There is one made by Tesla, I think that is the one you are on about. biggrin.gif

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

f*ck the electric car, I want that hot rod. It looks like sh*t in r*s pic. Give it to me to pimp that Schlut biggrin.gif

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:17 AM Edited by kudoboi, 26 May 2013 - 07:19 AM.

i guess its similar to NFS most wanted. NFS most wanted also had an electric car (tesla roadster) but no fuel system. its just faster acceleration and different engine noise

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

In GTA 5oclock they brought up the subject of the electric car and it being available in multiplayer.

Didn't think much of it. Then I had a brain storm. alien.gif

What's the most frustrating thing that happens in GTA IV races. You're in the lead and you've
got one lap to go. Then some cheating b**** camps near the finishing line and shoots out your
gas tank causing your car to explode and you loosing the race.

Now what if you had a car where there's no gas tank to shoot? Now mod that car and add
run flat tyres...

Now try and shoot me b****es devil.gif

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (AlienWillHeMonsta @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 20:21)
In GTA 5oclock they brought up the subject of the electric car and it being available in multiplayer.

Didn't think much of it. Then I had a brain storm. alien.gif

What's the most frustrating thing that happens in GTA IV races. You're in the lead and you've
got one lap to go. Then some cheating b**** camps near the finishing line and shoots out your

Now what if you had a car where there's no gas tank to shoot? Now mod that car and add
run flat tyres...

Now try and shoot me b****es devil.gif

GTA IV cars didn't have gas tanks like in SA which would instantly blow up if shot at...

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

Cracker

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

I hope it has a lot of torque like real electric cars do. Good thing it's gonna be in the standard game, I would hate exclusive vehicles bored.gif

Supercrammer
  • Supercrammer

'Merica

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

High end electric car? Sounds like a Tesla Model S knock off to me.

http://www.teslamotors.com/models

No gas amigo. Just a different feel and engine noise. Variety of vehicles.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Supercrammer @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 19:29)
High end electric car? Sounds like a Tesla Model S knock off to me.

http://www.teslamotors.com/models

No gas amigo. Just a different feel and engine noise. Variety of vehicles.

A Fisker seems much more likely as it is an electric sports car. I personally think this does hint at gas.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

I don't really want gas. It would make those night time road trips through the desert amazing, but there is nothing stopping you from parking up your car next to the pump and going into the store to get a sprunk or whatever.

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:25)
QUOTE (AlienWillHeMonsta @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 20:21)

Didn't think much of it. Then I had a brain storm.  alien.gif

run flat tyres...

Now try and shoot me b****es  devil.gif

GTA IV cars didn't have gas tanks like in SA which would instantly blow up if shot at...

But they still blew up if you repeatedly shot the rear end of the vehicle - just above the wheel arch.
That can't happen with an electric car.

So owning an electric car may not be as dumb as some people think.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Nicaragua
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

That's a huge leap in logic to assume this hints at fuel stations being included in the game. Everything in the GTA games have been caricatures/parodies of real things in pop culture, so it's no big step that electric cars will be in the fleet of vehicles included in the game - especially in Rockstar's California wasteland.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Could be that we can use it for stealth in certain missions, being how they are super quiet

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (TakinThyBacon @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:47)
Could be that we can use it for stealth in certain missions, being how they are super quiet

I couldn't imagine the SAS using a Tesla for stealth

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (SuperDuperGta @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:50)

Me neither.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by TakinThyBacon, 03 July 2013 - 07:00 PM.

QUOTE (SuperDuperGta @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:50)

Well I could not imagine them using a double sided dildo to kill someone either, but we had that in San Andreas lol

user posted image

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Micheals wife and daughter are probably liberal yuppies. So they want an electric car.

I'm gonna drive it to the desert and blow holes into with Trevor's unregistered guns.

slogan-killer1
  • slogan-killer1

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Friday, May 24 2013, 06:15)
I'm guessing the engine will make a different noise.

Do you really want to sit through this?

No, don't skip it, watch it. Then when you're done, watch it again and again and again. Why? Because that is what that'll add to the game. It could take six years to run out and that wouldn't matter to me, because you still have to sit through that or lose your favorite car to the desert that everyone apparently loves running out of gas in.

Seriously, keep watching this video. Ask yourself if you really want this.

"But health and armor and ammo and stuff!"

And yet you want yet another annoying thing to keep track of on top of that and you want everyone else to deal with that extra annoying thing. I just don't get it. Sure, uninhibited fantasy can be boring, as dick valor told me, but fantasy that's too inhibited can be boring as well.

It sells me and you are always involved in these arguments involving fuel xD

lolphil
  • lolphil

Same as everyone here

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Dude, am i the only one that would love fuel in the game as much as transit laws? confused.gif

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

They should have an electric police car variant so that they can creep up on you. That's about the only use other than getting driven into without any warning.

Black Ninja
  • Black Ninja

Ninja of PlayStation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

No, don't skip it, watch it. Then when you're done, watch it again and again and again. Why? Because that is what that'll add to the game. It could take six years to run out and that wouldn't matter to me, because you still have to sit through that or lose your favorite car to the desert that everyone apparently loves running out of gas in.

And yet you want yet another annoying thing to keep track of on top of that and you want everyone else to deal with that extra annoying thing. I just don't get it. Sure, uninhibited fantasy can be boring, as dick valor told me, but fantasy that's too inhibited can be boring as well.

Bro shut the f*ck up seriously fuel isn't even confirmed so why you trippin just chill relax and take a hit of the bong

slogan-killer1
  • slogan-killer1

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Brad Maddox @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 20:24)

Bro shut the f*ck up seriously fuel isn't even confirmed so why you trippin just chill relax and take a hit of the bong

Yo shut up, he's making a valid point which clearly you don't understand so back off and stop trying to create a fight.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (slogan-killer1 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 12:25)

It sells me and you are always involved in these arguments involving fuel xD

Yes I am. Because that video is what getting gas is like. And there's nothing stopping these people from doing desert survival challenges anyways. Just stop or wreck the car. That's it.

It's just sitting there and waiting for the tank to fill up. There's nothing fun about it. Yet people want me to have to do it. I've seen people argue against it even being optional. Because apparently I should be forced to role play because others wanted to role play. Sure, I could just play saints row, but it would have to be 2. I found 3 to be fun but not nearly as deep as 2.

I want another san andreas. On RAGE. And I can't just mod IV because I don't have IV PC because this is not a gaming PC. I want to enjoy planes and beaches and mansions and sports cars. But no, with some of these people it's either get virtual gas or kill aliens with mech suits. No middle ground. I don't want to give up on GTA just because someone else wanted virtual gas. I don't. That's why I fight. Because I don't want to play SR2 for the rest of my life.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

Diversity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users