Photo

The "Exclusives"

81 replies to this topic
simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:12)
QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:48)
I'll be buying the standard version and then waiting on the GOTY/COMPLETE edition to get all DLC/patches in one package.

Im leaning also to this conclusion.

That would be an extremely dumb move. Everything in the SE and CE will be availible as DLC soon enough.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:16)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:02)
I'm confused. Are the special/collectors edition have features that will be for Multiplayer or Single player?

Both. In the collectors edition you get a classic GTA characters pack for the online, a car and a garage. The rest of the stuff is for single player.

That confirms the bonus outfits and tattoo's, and additional weapons are BONUSES after all. Nothing has been cut out from the game. I'm really not sure about the garages and car for the MP though.

Marlo-Lionches
  • Marlo-Lionches

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

Marketing scam

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Rockstar Support on Twitter just told me that "This is currently only announced for the Collector's Edition." When I asked if the cars would be exclusives or if they will also be available for all players (later unlock).

slumdunder
  • slumdunder

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

I'm pretty confident that they will sell a Rockstar Pass, just as they did for LA Noire and MP3. Gets you all the DLC you want for a price that is reasonable. Knowing this, I would make my purchase decision solely off the physical stuff.

They may wait a few weeks to release to let the Rockstar Pass people download anything, but I plan on playing this game for many months anyways so I won't be bothered by that.

Plus they always release so much content that even IF you were to buy the special or collectors editions, you would probably STILL find it cheaper to buy the rockstar pass than to buy every newly released DLC separately.

Just my speculation based off the last few Rockstar games.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (SimsDaniel916 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:35)
Rockstar Support on Twitter just told me that "This is currently only announced for the Collector's Edition." When I asked if the cars would be exclusives or if they will also be available for all players (later unlock).

Bummer. dozingoff.gif

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:12)

Bummer. dozingoff.gif

They have to say that. If they cAAme out now and saID "Oh all this stuff you just paid $60 for, is gonna be availible soon for a much smaller price. " It would piss SE and CE buyers complely off.

meowstache
  • meowstache

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

I agree with you 100% OP exactly my thoughts

UberVIIX
  • UberVIIX

I got your girl sucking on that kumquat juice...

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Tony_Florence @ Friday, May 24 2013, 04:19)
If you want to poke holes in this, feel free.

Poke. poke....

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

My take on the weapons...

What if the hammer is a sledge hammer. Also what if Rockstar by saying "special weapons for free", meant it as in "certain weapons." Like saying special weapons out of the store will be free to start with. That's how I see it.

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

I've been drinking green tea all goddamn day!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (UberVIIX @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:44)

Poke. poke....

Oh ha ha.

Well, I'm glad some people are rational on this forum, still. Even if all of this does end up being exclusive, we'll get it eventually. As it is, though, one thing is for certain... that electric car on MP is most certainly NOT exclusive. We can just steal it from the people that get it. tounge.gif

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

If you can save vehicles for MP I'll drive around in my Khamelion and hopefully others will spawn so y'all can pick one up and save it.

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Tony_Florence @ Friday, May 24 2013, 22:22)

Poke. poke....

Oh ha ha.

Well, I'm glad some people are rational on this forum, still. Even if all of this does end up being exclusive, we'll get it eventually. As it is, though, one thing is for certain... that electric car on MP is most certainly NOT exclusive. We can just steal it from the people that get it. tounge.gif

I'll let you sit in the passenger seat and that's it tounge.gif

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (solofme @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:34)
QUOTE (Tony_Florence @ Friday, May 24 2013, 22:22)

Poke. poke....

Oh ha ha.

I'll let you sit in the passenger seat and that's it tounge.gif

Thanks! That's fine! biggrin.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:20)
That confirms the bonus outfits and tattoo's, and additional weapons are BONUSES after all. Nothing has been cut out from the game. I'm really not sure about the garages and car for the MP though.

IF these are in-game unlocks then yes no content has been cut from the game. If however they are not then they are been created as a incentive for people to buy these editions rather than been in the game from the start thus "cut" from the game.

It doesn't mater either way to me as I'll buy the normal edition and either unlock the content in the game or download them once on the PSN. Free or paid. It's not a hard concept to grasp been as R* have done this with Red Dead Redemption, L.A Noire and Max Payne 3.

If people want to cry about it then they should buy the game of the year version at a later date or buy this game in a sale and use the money they "saved" to buy the extra content. Sure it sucks to wait but that how games are these days. GTA V is no exception.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Friday, May 24 2013, 22:47)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:20)

IF these are in-game unlocks then yes no content has been cut from the game. If however they are not then they are been created as a incentive for people to buy these editions rather than been in the game from the start thus "cut" from the game.

It doesn't mater either way to me as I'll buy the normal edition and either unlock the content in the game or download them once on the PSN. Free or paid. It's not a hard concept to grasp been as R* have done this with Red Dead Redemption, L.A Noire and Max Payne 3.

If people want to cry about it then they should buy the game of the year version at a later date or buy this game in a sale and use the money they "saved" to buy the extra content. Sure it sucks to wait but that how games are these days. GTA V is no exception.

Exactly.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Tony_Florence @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:22)

Poke. poke....

Oh ha ha.

thats not entirely true. it could possibly be that they will have seperate lobbies - collectors and standard. it could also be that as in certain modded cars in GTA IV, only the ''host'' can enter the car, it is visible but not driveable to other players. theres plenty of possibilities in which the multiplayer car could still be exclusive.

personally, i hope none of the content is exclusive, that its just early access. i also hope R* confirms it either way soon, that way i can go back to gamestop and change my preorder from collectors to special edition. as much as i hate it, i cant imagine playing the game without everything it could possibly offer..... so im spending $70 extra bucks just for the ingame content. im that stupid.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

None of these are exclusive cars, they are just rare and are given to you for free at the beginning of the game.

That's what i'm hoping, i've been waiting too damn long to drive a Hotknife again.

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Nemesis2252 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:03)
QUOTE (Tony_Florence @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:22)

Poke. poke....

Oh ha ha.

thats not entirely true. it could possibly be that they will have seperate lobbies - collectors and standard. it could also be that as in certain modded cars in GTA IV, only the ''host'' can enter the car, it is visible but not driveable to other players. theres plenty of possibilities in which the multiplayer car could still be exclusive.

personally, i hope none of the content is exclusive, that its just early access. i also hope R* confirms it either way soon, that way i can go back to gamestop and change my preorder from collectors to special edition. as much as i hate it, i cant imagine playing the game without everything it could possibly offer..... so im spending $70 extra bucks just for the ingame content. im that stupid.

If they had separate lobbies, that would be pretty bad for them. The Collectors Edition is limited, so not many people would be able to play with them. Not as many as if they played in a general lobby. And I very seriously doubt they would lock other players out of a certain car in MP.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

No offense to any of you, but this whole thread just sounds like a gathering of all the people who aren't getting the SE/CE to circlejerk - it seems like you guys are trying to find loopholes in R*s words, or making baseless assumptions to comfort yourself. Best case scenario, the items release on the PSN store a few months later. The likely scenario? Everything exclusive is just that - exclusive. Even the blimp - I highly doubt R* would troll us by making multiple blimps. Sorry! confused.gif

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:38)
No offense to any of you, but this whole thread just sounds like a gathering of all the people who aren't getting the SE/CE to circlejerk - it seems like you guys are trying to find loopholes in R*s words, or making baseless assumptions to comfort yourself. Best case scenario, the items release on the PSN store a few months later. The likely scenario? Everything exclusive is just that - exclusive. Even the blimp - I highly doubt R* would troll us by making multiple blimps. Sorry!  confused.gif

Oh yeah, the first thing you do before saying a group of people are in a circlejerk is say "no offense". That's nice. Don't drop in here and say we're all in a circlejerk, because regardless of if you say "No offense", you will still offend. No, we're not trying to comfort ourselves. We're looking at facts here and making theories. Not necessarily comforting ourselves. And the likely scenario is it WILL be released later.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Tony_Florence @ Friday, May 24 2013, 19:50)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:38)
No offense to any of you, but this whole thread just sounds like a gathering of all the people who aren't getting the SE/CE to circlejerk - it seems like you guys are trying to find loopholes in R*s words, or making baseless assumptions to comfort yourself. Best case scenario, the items release on the PSN store a few months later. The likely scenario? Everything exclusive is just that - exclusive. Even the blimp - I highly doubt R* would troll us by making multiple blimps. Sorry!  confused.gif

Oh yeah, the first thing you do before saying a group of people are in a circlejerk is say "no offense". That's nice. Don't drop in here and say we're all in a circlejerk, because regardless of if you say "No offense", you will still offend. No, we're not trying to comfort ourselves. We're looking at facts here and making theories. Not necessarily comforting ourselves. And the likely scenario is it WILL be released later.

I'm not doubting that the DLC will be released at a later date, I'm just saying that you guys seem to be too hopeful, that's all.

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

Maybe so, but I'd rather be hopeful than be whining and complaining all over the forum. Just saying. Either way, I'm stuck with the standard game, and I don't really care if I miss out on the stuff included in the CE and the SE. I'll survive. I was just looking at facts and making a theory. Nothing more.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

Why would they not release it later?

How does not selling content they've already created benefit them?

What board meeting proposes that they spend the money and time to develop extra content, but then only make it available for purchase for a brief period of time and to a small number of customers?

Let's not sell millions of this, let's just sell thousands and then lock it away forever.

It'll be available. Either immediately by earning it via SP unlocks or MP purchase....or later on via download.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:35)
QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:12)

Bummer. dozingoff.gif

They have to say that. If they cAAme out now and saID "Oh all this stuff you just paid $60 for, is gonna be availible soon for a much smaller price. " It would piss SE and CE buyers complely off.

Thats what Activision did. They advertised NukeTown Zombies as exclusive to buyers of the hardened/Care Package edition and a week before the game came out they said it will be available for season pass holders and I canceled the pre-order. Rockstar better not pull this.

MAJORMANN
  • MAJORMANN

GTA MOTHA F*CKA

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

It'll probably be like the DLC gun in Black Ops 2. Anyone can use it, but only Collector's Edition buyers will "own" the car, meaning they can spawn with it or something

gtaman533
  • gtaman533

Midget

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

The Hammer is definitely special, think Vice City smile.gif

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

The online cars doors will probably be locked if you get shot out to prevent others from stealing it. Maybe the doors would be unlocked for those who own the same copy. I'll probably buy the SE rather than the CE. I don't really care for the physical items in the CE and the additional stuff is very likely to end up being DLC at a later date, maybe 3 months, maybe a year.

Oh and about the weapons, I'm sure you will be able to find them in spawn points, get them from NPCs, or buy them from the shop. Buying the SE will just make them free, rather than actually paying for them.

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

The "extra" digital items will be on the store of your console of choice eventually!

I got the special edition of Red Dead Redemption (golden guns, assassin outfit and warhorse). I got good value out of it, It came to the online stores, but it was a good while (months) afterwards from what I remember.

Like I say, it'll arrive just don't expect it within a few weeks or a month or two after release.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Friday, May 24 2013, 19:54)
The online cars doors will probably be locked if you get shot out to prevent others from stealing it. Maybe the doors would be unlocked for those who own the same copy. I'll probably buy the SE rather than the CE. I don't really care for the physical items in the CE and the additional stuff is very likely to end up being DLC at a later date, maybe 3 months, maybe a year.

Oh and about the weapons, I'm sure you will be able to find them in spawn points, get them from NPCs, or buy them from the shop. Buying the SE will just make them free, rather than actually paying for them.

i was trying to say that earlier about the multiplayer car. that only the collectors edition owners will be able to access the car and standard/special edition users would be locked out. i honestly think thats how they will make it ''exclusive''

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users