Quantcast

» «
Photo

The "Exclusives"

81 replies to this topic
Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

I've been drinking green tea all goddamn day!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

So, I know a lot of people are posting about all of this special edition stuff (mostly to just complain), but I have a thought that really I should make known.

First of all, this entire thing is based on assumptions. Just assumptions. There is no hard evidence to any of this stuff being purely exclusive, other than the airplane challenges and the character additions (clothing, tattoos, classic MP character), and there is no evidence to it not being. But lets take a look at some facts.

The weapons:
What kind of exclusive, special weapon is a hammer? I mean... a HAMMER?? Why not a sword or something? I can't see a hammer being much more special than a baseball bat. So why would they make THAT the "exclusive" weapon?

My theory? It isn't exclusive. It's merely given to you for free at an Ammunation. If that is the case, then I'm going to assume the other two weapons are also in-game, but given early/free if you buy the special edition.

The vehicles:
So they give you a garage stocked with two cool vehicles: The Hotknife and the CarbonRS sports bike. "Aw! That sucks!", I hear you say. "I want that in the base game!", I also hear you say. But look at the fact that they also add a multiplayer vehicle. "Wait a second! GTA stands for Grand Theft Auto, which means to steal a car. So that must mean the game lets you steal cars!" That's right! So how could they add an exclusive car to multiplayer when you can steal cars from other players? It wouldn't be exclusive anymore, because anyone could steal it from you.

My theory on this one? It also isn't. None of these are exclusive cars, they are just rare and are given to you for free at the beginning of the game.

So that's all I really have to say. If you want to poke holes in this, feel free. Again, at this point, all of it is based on assumptions. Until R* flat out says that these are exclusive to that edition of the game, we can't know for sure.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

I agree, they are basically giving it freee from the start, but all of this stuff should be in the game. You probably have to wrok harder for it though.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

It's possible, though more likely you'll be able to buy this "exclusive" stuff over PSN/XBL a few months after release.

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 23:27)
It's possible, though more likely you'll be able to buy this "exclusive" stuff over PSN/XBL a few months after release.

Possibly. If any of the weapons or vehicles are exclusive, you probably will be able to get them later. I'm not complaining that they are in the special editions, I'm just telling my theory on why I think none of the weapons or vehicles are actually exclusive, and why I think they are in the base game, just harder to get.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

god i hope your right about the cars not being exclusive. all i want in the collectors edition is the Hotknife, CarbonRS, and the garage. the rest of the digital stuff i can get in the special edition. dont care about the bag or the hat.... just the little extra in game stuff. i hope they clarify in the coming weeks if it IS exclusive. it will detemine which edition i get.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

i hate the exclusives. Before I say what I'm about to say, everyone needs to know that I love R* games. With that being said, I respect them a little less.

I feel the game should be the game, no additions to people who spend more money.
I can understand adding DLC later on, but to specifically add more content to people who buy the more expensive editions is just disappointing.

grozza
  • grozza

Cars n sh*t

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Nemesis2252 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 14:39)
god i hope your right about the cars not being exclusive. all i want in the collectors edition is the Hotknife, CarbonRS, and the garage. the rest of the digital stuff i can get in the special edition. dont care about the bag or the hat.... just the little extra in game stuff. i hope they clarify in the coming weeks if it IS exclusive. it will detemine which edition i get.

Im with this guy, all I want is the cars and garage. Better still be available at some point in game or at least downloadable later on

Lucky32
  • Lucky32

Official spaghetti wizard

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

This just makes me sadder that i don't have a console.

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

Hopefully we can get the exclusive in-game stuff after beating the game smile.gif
But I doubt that the bonuses can be obtained without buying the SE/CE

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (killahmatic @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 23:45)
i hate the exclusives. Before I say what I'm about to say, everyone needs to know that I love R* games. With that being said, I respect them a little less.

I feel the game should be the game, no additions to people who spend more money.
I can understand adding DLC later on, but to specifically add more content to people who buy the more expensive editions is just disappointing.

That doesn't make much sense, though. Most entertainment products have special editions with more content. CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, so on and so forth. That's not unreasonable at all, in my book. Now, if they added a whole new mission-line for the special editions, I could understand that. That would be a reason to be upset. But this is petty stuff, and we'll likely get all of it later in one way or another.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

Um yea I think they are "Exclusives". Rockstar charging extra money for those who bought a CE and SE when those people can unlock all the digital stuff in the game sounds stupid.

It will not be in the game, the only way to get them will be to buy SE, CE or wait for them to release that as DLC for a reasonable price a few months later.

I dont think the hammer, extra clothes, A car and a bike in an already owned garage will be in the vanilla game (even if its in, we will only get it via DLC at a later date). Because if thats not the case, people who are paying more than double for CE or SE are then getting a bad deal. Why give money for things (only to get them early) you will be able to get in the game yourself.

I think someone should email R* for the clarification but Im 100% sure it will be like I said, Like every other game does this.

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:02 AM Edited by Tony_Florence, 24 May 2013 - 05:09 AM.

QUOTE (zainzombie @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 23:59)
Um yea I think they are "Exclusives". Rockstar charging extra money for those who bought a CE and SE when those people can unlock all the digital stuff in the game sounds stupid.

It will not be in the game, the only way to get them will be to buy SE, CE or wait for them to release that as DLC for a reasonable price a few months later.

I dont think the hammer, extra clothes, A car and a bike in an already owned garage will be in the vanilla game (even if its in, we will only get it via DLC at a later date). Because if thats not the case, people who are paying more than double for CE or SE are then getting a bad deal. Why give money for things (only to get them early) you will be able to get in the game yourself.

I think someone should email R* for the clarification but Im 100% sure it will be like I said, Like every other game does this.

You seem to forget that the CE and SE have PHYSICAL ITEMS with them. Expensive ones at that. You aren't just paying for DLC. And aside from that, they ARE getting exclusive stuff. I'm just talking about the three cars and the three weapons. But I agree, we should email the Mouthoff to see if they will answer this question.

EDIT: I mailed the Mouthoff asking about it. I guess we'll wait to see if we can get an answer.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (Tony_Florence @ Friday, May 24 2013, 05:02)
QUOTE (zainzombie @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 23:59)

You seem to forget that the CE and SE have PHYSICAL ITEMS with them. Expensive ones at that. You aren't just paying for DLC. And aside from that, they ARE getting exclusive stuff. I'm just talking about the three cars and the three weapons. But I agree, we should email the Mouthoff to see if they will answer this question.

I know, I said "digital stuff" as in digital content. I know there will be other physical stuff (map is the only thing I love in it btw).

No matter how much physical stuff they are getting, they will be paying for both physical and digital contents of the SE/CE. Its not like R* is giving away the digital content away for free to the SE/CE buyers.

So it only seems right to assume that if half of the buyers are buying that digital stuff, rest of us will also have to buy that stuff from PSN. Why would R* sell something twice, just because it can be available from the beginning? That doesnt make any sense.

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

I've actually seen game companies give DLC that unlocks certain aspects early in the game before, rather than the player having to work to unlock them. It's silly, but it happens.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

yea I know, WWE 13 is one of those games. Like pay $1 to unlock all stuff from the very beginning.

Lets see what happens. I hope they do reply to your email.

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

Yeah, WWE 13 did that. Anyway, I'll check my email in the morning. I'm pretty tired, so I'm gonna head to sleep. I will update if there is anything sent back to me.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (grozza @ Friday, May 24 2013, 04:46)
QUOTE (Nemesis2252 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 14:39)

Im with this guy, all I want is the cars and garage. Better still be available at some point in game or at least downloadable later on

I'm with these guys. I'm not really into the gear that comes with it, but if I couldn't get the fastest bike in the game because I didn't shell out 60 more, I'd be a bit annoyed. I prefer playing to unlock, so much more satisfying.

GTA_La_Costra_Nostra
  • GTA_La_Costra_Nostra

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

I'm sure if the Hotknife is collectors edition only, they will have 2-4 more nice hot-rod type cars for you to drive.

My bet is, like someone pointed out, they will be available in-game just not accessible through cheats or spawning on the street.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

This whole thread is full of reason.

you're not getting anything ADDED to the game, You just get to unlock it much ealier. Oh and the Blimp, They said you get the ATOMIC BLIMP, not THE blimp, So it's highly likely there's another blimp, but the pre-order blimp is just a reskinned blimp.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

I don't care if I have to break into a garage with Fort Knox security (just an expression), as long as I can get it.

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (GTA_La_Costra_Nostra @ Friday, May 24 2013, 01:52)
I'm sure if the Hotknife is collectors edition only, they will have 2-4 more nice hot-rod type cars for you to drive.

My bet is, like someone pointed out, they will be available in-game just not accessible through cheats or spawning on the street.

Yeah, there probably will be, but the Hotknife is one of those cars from SA that I loved. It'd be a damn shame if it was exclusive, even if only temporary.

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 04:28)
This whole thread is full of reason.

you're not getting anything ADDED to the game, You just get to unlock it much ealier. Oh and the Blimp, They said you get the ATOMIC BLIMP, not THE blimp, So it's highly likely there's another blimp, but the pre-order blimp is just a reskinned blimp.

I've been suggesting that for a while now. It doesn't seem like the only blimp in the game would have "ATOMIC" written on it. That seems silly to me.

As for that email, I haven't gotten one back. I've decided I'll try different methods of contacting them if I still don't get a response by tonight. Hopefully they will answer, because this sort of thing is kind of a dealbreaker for those who think this stuff is exclusive.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Special Ed is the best bet imo

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (ed72o @ Friday, May 24 2013, 04:48)
Hopefully we can get the exclusive in-game stuff after beating the game smile.gif
But I doubt that the bonuses can be obtained without buying the SE/CE

It's probably a timed exclusive and (I hope I don't sound like a jerk) I hope it takes a while before they are released on live or psn (otherwise the ce and se seems a lot less appealing)

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Red Dead Redemption had similar exclusives and they were made available to purchase a few months later and since it is classified as DLC it will also appear in the GOTY/COMPLETE edition which is the game with all DLC and patches.

The physical items are the only exclusives unless Rockstar put them on their website for sale at a later date. The blimp access, ability boosts, weapons, vehicles, trials, online characters, clothes, and tattoos will be made available for everyone eventually. Just think of these SE/CE editions as timed DLC.

I'll be buying the standard version and then waiting on the GOTY/COMPLETE edition to get all DLC/patches in one package.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Friday, May 24 2013, 05:21)
I agree, they are basically giving it freee from the start, but all of this stuff should be in the game. You probably have to wrok harder for it though.

This or they will be on PSN/Marketplace for everyone to download for free or paid. Paid been the ones like the classic multiplayer pack.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:51)
QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Friday, May 24 2013, 05:21)

This or they will be on PSN/Marketplace for everyone to download for free or paid. Paid been the ones like the classic multiplayer pack.

If it turns out like this, then its going to be free because they done the same thing with RDR, free packs released as well as paid one's with extra stuff in it.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:52)
If it turns out like this, then its going to be free because they done the same thing with RDR, free packs released as well as paid one's with extra stuff in it.

I believe you had to pay for the classic multiplayer pack for Max Payne 3 that you got free with special editions. Still I agree. Nobody will be missing out on anything if you don't get these editions save for the physical items.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:59)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:52)

I believe you had to pay for the classic multiplayer pack for Max Payne 3 that you got free with special editions. Still I agree. Nobody will be missing out on anything if you don't get these editions save for the physical items.

I'm confused. Are the special/collectors edition have features that will be for Multiplayer or Single player? If its single player, then we pretty much have all this stuff already. They probably won't let you drive the blimp in MP, but the clothes and tattoo's are just bonuses.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:48)
I'll be buying the standard version and then waiting on the GOTY/COMPLETE edition to get all DLC/patches in one package.

Im leaning also to this conclusion.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:02)
I'm confused. Are the special/collectors edition have features that will be for Multiplayer or Single player?

Both. In the collectors edition you get a classic GTA characters pack for the online, a car and a garage. The rest of the stuff is for single player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users