» «
Photo

Deleted GTA IV Folder

11 replies to this topic
HoboCasual
  • HoboCasual

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:38 AM Edited by HoboCasual, 25 May 2013 - 10:47 PM.

My gta4 would not uninstall so i had to delete it manually and there is no option to install when i launch disc 1 or 2

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

Have you uninstalled it from controlpanel/programs and features, or did you just throw the game directory in the trash?

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

he already said it wouldnt uninstall so he deleted, so DE4TH, i am so glad you have basic comprehension skills.

op you should not have done that, now you cant revoke that activation... also to your computer the game is still installed. try removing it in programs in control panel.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

If what SlaveZerO posted doesn't work, try doing a System Restore to a point BEFORE you deleted the game wrongly. Then do a PROPER Revocation of the license and a proper un-install. IF you do not have a System Restore point, you will have to restore the computer to factory settings via System Restore. Let this be a hard lesson learned to NOT delete programs that way again.

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:44)
If what SlaveZerO posted doesn't work, try doing a System Restore to a point BEFORE you deleted the game wrongly. Then do a PROPER Revocation of the license and a proper un-install. IF you do not have a System Restore point, you will have to restore the computer to factory settings via System Restore. Let this be a hard lesson learned to NOT delete programs that way again.

the system restore does not have a complete backup of the game, system restore wont bring it back properly. you may need to remove some registry keys to fix it, but i ddont know which ones.

HoboCasual
  • HoboCasual

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

I deleted every single file of gta 4 on my computer and gta 4 codes can be used multiple times

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (HoboCasual @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 17:43)
I deleted every single file of gta 4 on my computer and gta 4 codes can be used multiple times

Only IF you revoke the license properly each time...Also, for Live there is a limit to how many times you can use the code(without having to go through tech support to revoke last code after limit reached)..Since you did not revoke and un-install properly, you are having problems now.

the system restore does not have a complete backup of the game, system restore wont bring it back properly. you may need to remove some registry keys to fix it, but i ddont know which ones.

That's why I said if worse comes to worse, he *may* have to do a complete system restore-ie. where it puts the PC back to factory default status...?

HoboCasual
  • HoboCasual

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

And also when I try to uninstall it, it sais "Failed to release securom lisence"

HoboCasual
  • HoboCasual

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

And trying to uninstall it off control panel is same as uninstalling it off the game uninstaller.

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:32 AM Edited by luceberg, 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM.

You could try using an uninstaller program like this. In future though, use "start menu/ programs/ rockstar games/ Grand Theft Auto IV/ revoke licence" to uninstall.

Or just uninstall from programs and features and the revoke licence will come up.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

@op

Which operating system are you using?

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

You probably didn't delete all the right folders so the installer.exe might be somewhere on your PC, if its already there then it won't let you install from disc again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users