Am i the only one upset about

121 replies to this topic
John Marston
  • John Marston

Rat

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:47)

You come here, throw your pants in the garbage and type away hating on Rockstar for doing something as small as that.

yeah, and then it starts to grow. from a small seed.

Trevor_Phillips.
  • Trevor_Phillips.

I live for this sh*t!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:48)
QUOTE (Trevor_Phillips. @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:46)
QUOTE (man dragon @ Friday, May 24 2013, 14:11)
QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, May 24 2013, 13:29)
This is how gullible the GTA community is.
They flat out assume that any pre-order bonus is cut from the game.

Four months before the game comes out, yeah, this content has been cut. If the game had already gone gold you may have a point, but it hasn't.

Man dont bother with these guys they just talk about things they dont know sh*t about like

Enlighten me.

What do I not know sh*t about like that you know sh*t about like?

Im not even gonna bother with you

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (John Marston @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:52)

You come here, throw your pants in the garbage and type away hating on Rockstar for doing something as small as that.

So you're the farmer that threw a seed in the ground, then immediately dug it up to look for its apples, then called it rotten?

ProTrainFollower
  • ProTrainFollower

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

People who order the special & collectors editions are getting a little bit extra with the final game as a sort of thank you, none of which is game breaking, like RDR all the stuff will become available after a few months.

People are crying as if this is like when Bioware took the Prometheans out of ME3.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Trevor_Phillips. @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:52)
QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:48)
QUOTE (Trevor_Phillips. @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:46)

Four months before the game comes out, yeah, this content has been cut. If the game had already gone gold you may have a point, but it hasn't.

Man dont bother with these guys they just talk about things they dont know sh*t about like

Enlighten me.

What do I not know sh*t about like that you know sh*t about like?

Im not even gonna bother with you

You're just being selfish.

Expecting Rockstar to work on this for 5 years and not want some extra money.

Trevor_Phillips.
  • Trevor_Phillips.

I live for this sh*t!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Its because i want all the contents on the disc to be playable for all players you dig? im not a fan of all this DLC stuff but if you got something against me send me a PM

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Trevor_Phillips. @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:03)
Its because i want all the contents on the disc to be playable for all players you dig? im not a fan of all this DLC stuff but if you got something against me send me a PM

Why would I have something against you?
You have the right to say your opinion.
And I have the right to say mine.

I can't prove they didn't take these out of the game.
And you definitely can't prove they did.
But 3 weapons and 2 vehicles are nothing compared to the things that are already on the disc(s) and we shouldn't act like they are.

If the cops had that mindset, every guy that punches someone would get the chair.
Because lots and lots of more punches COULD kill him.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

These aren't cut from the game, these are BONUSES and ADDITIONS. They did the exact same thing with RDR, and nothing was cut from the game. They just added different costumes and even FREE packs.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:08)
These aren't cut from the game, these are BONUSES and ADDITIONS. They did the exact same thing with RDR, and nothing was cut from the game. They just added different costumes and even FREE packs.

How is not having access to the blimp we've seen since trailer 1 unless you pay extra an addition?

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

I don't give a f*ck. ill buy it all. except for clothing because i do not care.

Trevor_Phillips.
  • Trevor_Phillips.

I live for this sh*t!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:07)

But 3 weapons and 2 vehicles are nothing compared to the things that are already on the disc(s) and we shouldn't act like they are.

If the cops had that mindset, every guy that punches someone would get the chair.

lol so police brutality ?

Catwalk
  • Catwalk

Catch You At The Crossroads

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:20 PM Edited by Catwalk, 24 May 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Really what R* (and other companies) that do this type of stuff are doing is screwing the early buyers of the game because ALL of the in game stuff in the special + collectors + future dlc will eventually come out in a complete edition anyways which will retail at about 60-80. So if you are patient (which none on this forum, myself included, are and R* knows this) then you will pay less yet receive more IN GAME CONTENT than anyone who bought it on release day. Just look at what EA did with BF3 Premium, early adopters paid 120 for everything and late comers paid 60 for everything. It's this method that punishes the true fans that have been dying to get this game for years that pisses me off. I would still prefer that everything is included for everybody on day 1 and that SE/CE just have swag however if we had a guarantee that the in the in game content included in the SE/CE would never be available in any other way it would actually be something special and worth buying. This way it's just another ploy by a company (and one that I love) to pull as much money out of its customers as possible.
'

Trevor_Phillips.
  • Trevor_Phillips.

I live for this sh*t!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Im gonna crash the Blimp in the biggest building i see lol

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Trevor_Phillips. @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:20)
QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:07)

lol so police brutality ?

Not knowing the context...
One could think DLC is police brutality.

Trevor_Phillips.
  • Trevor_Phillips.

I live for this sh*t!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

DLC is the devils plan its the root of all evil !

IronZombie
  • IronZombie

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Friday, May 24 2013, 02:07)
Just like most "Am I the only one" threads, no you're not.. ever since 9AM EST when they announced it I've seen nothing but hate from almost 95% of the members here and I don't see a problem with them

You don't? Let me explain it to you. The problem isn't the actual content itself, it's the fact that Rockstar has already created in-game content, and then ripped it out of the game in order to sell it at a premium. We call this launch-day DLC. Nobody likes it. It's not even anything major that they put a lot of thought into. It's extra clothing, extra tattoos, extra multiplayer skins, extra vehicles and guns.. it's all stuff they've been working on throughout the development process.

You know what a true DLC expansion is? What they did with Episodes from Liberty City. That I could see justifying spending extra cash on. That was a proper DLC release. What they're doing for GTA V is not. It's kind of a slap in the face to the fans. They actually took content out of the main game so that they could sell it to you. Doesn't that annoy you just a little bit?

Trevor_Phillips.
  • Trevor_Phillips.

I live for this sh*t!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (IronZombie @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:46)
Just like most "Am I the only one" threads, no you're not.. ever since 9AM EST when they announced it I've seen nothing but hate from almost 95% of the members here and I don't see a problem with them

You don't? Let me explain it to you. The problem isn't the actual content itself, it's the fact that Rockstar has already created in-game content, and then ripped it out of the game in order to sell it at a premium. We call this launch-day DLC. Nobody likes it. It's not even anything major that they put a lot of thought into. It's extra clothing, extra tattoos, extra multiplayer skins, extra vehicles and guns.. it's all stuff they've been working on throughout the development process.

You know what a true DLC expansion is? What they did with Episodes from Liberty City. That I could see justifying spending extra cash on. That was a proper DLC release. What they're doing for GTA V is not. It's kind of a slap in the face to the fans. They actually took content out of the main game so that they could sell it to you. Doesn't that annoy you just a little bit?

This i agree with all you said episodes from LC was amazing DLC so is the undead nightmare for RDR

Cybot1911
  • Cybot1911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by Cybot1911, 24 May 2013 - 05:57 PM.

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, May 24 2013, 08:47)

They did the slightest thing and you people are being real assholes about it.
Jumping to conclusions and comparing Rockstar to EA.

"What are they gonna cut next ...The jet?"

Jesus you people are such hypocritical assholes.

No one did that when they did the exact same f*cking thing will all of Rockstar's other games.

I love Rockstar bro, they create the best games on the planet, but it doesn't change the fact that this whole thing is f*cking retarded and greedy. It's very obvious that they are doing this because they know for a fact we'll pay the extra money because they know how bad we all want the game with the extra content.

Kurropt Antagonist
  • Kurropt Antagonist

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by Kurropt Antagonist, 24 May 2013 - 06:01 PM.

QUOTE (IronZombie @ Friday, May 24 2013, 11:46)

This.

Day 1 DLC (especially these preorder bonuses) is also frustrating for those of us without broadband access.

aLeeJj
  • aLeeJj

few weeks or so

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Those things isn't worth to discuss with. Just chill... It's all marketing stuff...

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by harry246, 24 May 2013 - 06:25 PM.

I imagine eventually there will be a proper DLC expansion for GTA V. Something similar to episodes of liberty city.

Anyway the fact of the matter is that Rockstar are a company, a company needs to make a profit. A simple way to make a little extra profit is with DLC. Rockstar know that fans WILL buy it and thats why they can do it. They also don't care if a few thousand fans aren't happy because it's GTA V and there going to make millions and millions.

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

I've been drinking green tea all goddamn day!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Kurropt Antagonist @ Friday, May 24 2013, 12:58)
QUOTE (IronZombie @ Friday, May 24 2013, 11:46)

This.

Day 1 DLC (especially these preorder bonuses) is also frustrating for those of us without broadband access.

No, see this isn't "launch-day DLC", this is extra content in a SPECIAL EDITION. This isn't for you if you don't want the CE or the SE. This is a bonus for those that DO buy it. GTA:SA had a Special Edition that had that Introduction movie thing. 20 minutes of in-game story! No one ever complains about that. They are complaining about this because instead of it being a movie/cutscene, it's a few clothing items, guns, cars, and a few airplane challenges. This isn't launch-day DLC, this is simply an added bonus to collectors that buy that edition. This isn't R* trying to scam you, or trying to force you to fork out $150. If you feel the need to buy the CE, then that's your problem. R* is just giving those people some extras, and all of you are complaining and comparing it to something completely different.

John Marston
  • John Marston

Rat

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:53)
QUOTE (John Marston @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:52)

So you're the farmer that threw a seed in the ground, then immediately dug it up to look for its apples, then called it rotten?

No, I am the farmer who dug it up to see if the seed itself is rotten, after nothing grows out of it.

Catwalk
  • Catwalk

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Tony_Florence @ Friday, May 24 2013, 14:59)
No, see this isn't "launch-day DLC", this is extra content in a SPECIAL EDITION. This isn't for you if you don't want the CE or the SE. This is a bonus for those that DO buy it. GTA:SA had a Special Edition that had that Introduction movie thing. 20 minutes of in-game story! No one ever complains about that. They are complaining about this because instead of it being a movie/cutscene, it's a few clothing items, guns, cars, and a few airplane challenges. This isn't launch-day DLC, this is simply an added bonus to collectors that buy that edition. This isn't R* trying to scam you, or trying to force you to fork out $150. If you feel the need to buy the CE, then that's your problem. R* is just giving those people some extras, and all of you are complaining and comparing it to something completely different.

Of course it's day one DLC, it might be packaged differently but it's still the same stuff EA and other companies do. The fact of the matter is the weapons/cars/airplane challenges/clothes/etc are on the disc for EVERYBODY regardless of what edition you bought. However you can't unlock it unless you have the code from R*. This means that there is content on the disc yet it is purposely cut out on day one unless you spend extra cash. Also an introduction video is far different than actual in game cars/weapons/challenges. And to those that say R* is a company and companies need to make money, no doubt about that and I personally want R* to make tons of cash so they can keep producing amazing games. However had R* gone and put all these things in the Vanilla game and then offered swag only for the SE & CE (like they did with IV) than they still would have made their extra cash without pissing any fans off. This way they make extra cash and piss off a portion of their fan base, that shows that making money is now more important to them than pleasing the fans and that has fans fearing what lies ahead with future dlc and GTA VI. I guess we always thought of R* as kind of a rebel company, still caring more about pleasing the fans than squeezing every last cent out of us and now with this they've show that V will be an absolute awesome game and will please the fans but they'll also try to squeeze every cent out of it that they can.

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Catwalk @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:01)
QUOTE (Tony_Florence @ Friday, May 24 2013, 14:59)

Of course it's day one DLC, it might be packaged differently but it's still the same stuff EA and other companies do. The fact of the matter is the weapons/cars/airplane challenges/clothes/etc are on the disc for EVERYBODY regardless of what edition you bought. However you can't unlock it unless you have the code from R*. This means that there is content on the disc yet it is purposely cut out on day one unless you spend extra cash. Also an introduction video is far different than actual in game cars/weapons/challenges. And to those that say R* is a company and companies need to make money, no doubt about that and I personally want R* to make tons of cash so they can keep producing amazing games. However had R* gone and put all these things in the Vanilla game and then offered swag only for the SE & CE (like they did with IV) than they still would have made their extra cash without pissing any fans off. This way they make extra cash and piss off a portion of their fan base, that shows that making money is now more important to them than pleasing the fans and that has fans fearing what lies ahead with future dlc and GTA VI. I guess we always thought of R* as kind of a rebel company, still caring more about pleasing the fans than squeezing every last cent out of us and now with this they've show that V will be an absolute awesome game and will please the fans but they'll also try to squeeze every cent out of it that they can.

No, EA would REALLY kick you in the balls and say you can't have any machine gun weapons unless you buy the $10 DLC on launch day. R* added petty stuff to a collectors edition. Your complaints really make no sense. If they were keeping more from you than three cars and three weapons, and a few challenges, then sure. Complain all day long. But they aren't. They are keeping some small petty stuff for the SE and CE, petty stuff that just makes the game easier, and you all are flipping your sh*t. This game already has the biggest arsenal of weapons in any GTA game, and the biggest selection of vehicles. But noooooo, you guys are gonna cry and whine over three of each. Suddenly jump to the conclusion that next R* is gonna have day one DLC of Niko Bellic in Vice City, pulling heists with Tommy or something, all locked on the disc and kept away unless you buy that DLC. I'm more ashamed to be apart of this fanbase with each day that passes.

Also, do you really think R* intends to get many sales with this $150 package? I mean, REALLY? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. They aren't stupid people, I'm sure they know how limited these sales will be. Aside from that, these editions are limited themselves, so it's not like they are planning for all of their fans to buy it.

I'll just say this last bit and stop bothering with trying to explain to you all: It's not Rockstar's fault that you all decided to look at it in the wrong light. If anything, it's every other game company out there that DOES pull that day one DLC sh*t, because they actually screw people over, so now you can't tell when a game company adds a bonus to a certain edition and when they are using greed to get more money from the sheep that will buy their stuff. Yes, the stuff in the CE and the SE is very appealing. Thing is, those are not the main items on show. Those are BONUSES. Things thrown in to give the buyer an extra something. But you all feel like they are intentionally trying to get more money out of you. That isn't their fault. You'll all feel how you will feel about it, though. So go ahead and whine about it. Personally, I'll just be enjoying my blimp and wait for the other stuff to be released down the road. This game is already packed with content, and I won't miss some weapons, some cars, and some airplane challenges.

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (IronZombie @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:46)

You should make a podcast

Catwalk
  • Catwalk

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Tony_Florence @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:55)
QUOTE (Catwalk @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:01)

No, EA would REALLY kick you in the balls and say you can't have any machine gun weapons unless you buy the $10 DLC on launch day. R* added petty stuff to a collectors edition. Your complaints really make no sense. If they were keeping more from you than three cars and three weapons, and a few challenges, then sure. Complain all day long. But they aren't. They are keeping some small petty stuff for the SE and CE, petty stuff that just makes the game easier, and you all are flipping your sh*t. This game already has the biggest arsenal of weapons in any GTA game, and the biggest selection of vehicles. But noooooo, you guys are gonna cry and whine over three of each. Suddenly jump to the conclusion that next R* is gonna have day one DLC of Niko Bellic in Vice City, pulling heists with Tommy or something, all locked on the disc and kept away unless you buy that DLC. I'm more ashamed to be apart of this fanbase with each day that passes.

Also, do you really think R* intends to get many sales with this $150 package? I mean, REALLY? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. They aren't stupid people, I'm sure they know how limited these sales will be. Aside from that, these editions are limited themselves, so it's not like they are planning for all of their fans to buy it.

I'll just say this last bit and stop bothering with trying to explain to you all: It's not Rockstar's fault that you all decided to look at it in the wrong light. If anything, it's every other game company out there that DOES pull that day one DLC sh*t, because they actually screw people over, so now you can't tell when a game company adds a bonus to a certain edition and when they are using greed to get more money from the sheep that will buy their stuff. Yes, the stuff in the CE and the SE is very appealing. Thing is, those are not the main items on show. Those are BONUSES. Things thrown in to give the buyer an extra something. But you all feel like they are intentionally trying to get more money out of you. That isn't their fault. You'll all feel how you will feel about it, though. So go ahead and whine about it. Personally, I'll just be enjoying my blimp and wait for the other stuff to be released down the road. This game is already packed with content, and I won't miss some weapons, some cars, and some airplane challenges.

First of all I'll be right there along with you enjoying the blimp and everything else in this amazing game while waiting for the other stuff to be released later (which it will). Now on to your points. Nowhere did I state anything about Niko Bellic in Vice City with Tommy pulling heists or anything like that so take a deep breath, relax, and stop exaggerating. Do I think R* intends to get many sales with the CE? No. But in case you have not noticed the board is full of posts about the CEs already being sold out (granted they are very limited). Do I think they would have sold the same (or damn near the same) of CEs without including any In Game Content as they did with IV? Yes I do. The main point I was trying to make is that by doing these micro DLCs they are starting to go down a slippery path set forth mainly by EA and have upset a portion of their fan base (no matter how large or small) for at best a minimal profit over a solution which would have upset none of their fans. I'm fully anticipating DLCs of Car Packs, Cloth Packs, Multiplayer Skins etc. now and the shame of it is that R* set the precedent of amazing DLC with Episodes. However instead of setting a new standard again for what DLC should be it appears they have decided to fall in line with the industry. I honestly hope to be proven wrong and see them put forth amazing groundbreaking DLC...I just now have no reason to believe they will.

Trevor_Phillips.
  • Trevor_Phillips.

I live for this sh*t!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

Capcom is even worse than EA

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Catwalk @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:49)
First of all I'll be right there along with you enjoying the blimp and everything else in this amazing game while waiting for the other stuff to be released later (which it will). Now on to your points. Nowhere did I state anything about Niko Bellic in Vice City with Tommy pulling heists or anything like that so take a deep breath, relax, and stop exaggerating. Do I think R* intends to get many sales with the CE? No. But in case you have not noticed the board is full of posts about the CEs already being sold out (granted they are very limited). Do I think they would have sold the same (or damn near the same) of CEs without including any In Game Content as they did with IV? Yes I do. The main point I was trying to make is that by doing these micro DLCs they are starting to go down a slippery path set forth mainly by EA and have upset a portion of their fan base (no matter how large or small) for at best a minimal profit over a solution which would have upset none of their fans. I'm fully anticipating DLCs of Car Packs, Cloth Packs, Multiplayer Skins etc. now and the shame of it is that R* set the precedent of amazing DLC with Episodes. However instead of setting a new standard again for what DLC should be it appears they have decided to fall in line with the industry. I honestly hope to be proven wrong and see them put forth amazing groundbreaking DLC...I just now have no reason to believe they will.

First, I wasn't just talking to you with that. It was a general response to all of this whining. Now, my whole point was that these are not the main attraction to the Collectors' Edition. Collectors are after that physical stuff. The in-game content is a BONUS. Rockstar is not selling you small DLCs (as of this moment). And you act like Rockstar is attempting to get more fans to buy the CE by including the in-game content. That's not quite the case here. They are adding bonuses. They are not flashing it in your face "LOOK HERE, GET THE EXCLUSIVE VEHICLE PACK! ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE COLLECTORS EDITION" Not to say they aren't including those DLCs in the price, but that stuff is not the main selling point, yet you act as if it is. Regardless, I am wasting my time trying to explain any of this to any of you. You will see it how you will, and no one can change your mind on it.

Catwalk
  • Catwalk

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Tony_Florence @ Friday, May 24 2013, 19:08)
First, I wasn't just talking to you with that. It was a general response to all of this whining. Now, my whole point was that these are not the main attraction to the Collectors' Edition. Collectors are after that physical stuff. The in-game content is a BONUS. Rockstar is not selling you small DLCs (as of this moment). And you act like Rockstar is attempting to get more fans to buy the CE by including the in-game content. That's not quite the case here. They are adding bonuses. They are not flashing it in your face "LOOK HERE, GET THE EXCLUSIVE VEHICLE PACK! ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE COLLECTORS EDITION" Not to say they aren't including those DLCs in the price, but that stuff is not the main selling point, yet you act as if it is. Regardless, I am wasting my time trying to explain any of this to any of you. You will see it how you will, and no one can change your mind on it.

I think you may have misunderstood my post a little. My point is exactly what you are saying, that they wouldn't sell more or at best only marginally more CEs with In Game Content included because the people who buy CEs are buying it for as you said the swag. However by including In Game Content they have alienated a portion of their fan base (which I have to believe they knew would happen) while gaining at best a marginal profit by doing so. It's the fact that they would risk alienating a portion of the fan base for the reward of an at best marginal increase in profit and the precedent they've set by doing this that worries me. Anyways I feel like we've talked this thing to death, we'll both agree to disagree on this but I'm sure come Sep 17th we'll both agree how amazing V is (with or without the bonus content wink.gif )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users