Russian Previews

287 replies to this topic
Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 23:02)
QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Friday, May 24 2013, 22:50)
Despite the total apparent finality, the game is clearly far from completion.However, even now game looks like 100% hit

What?

What exactly?

First the say it looks finished then they say its clearly far from completion. What does that mean?that rockstar has a lot of work to do or what?

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Despite the total apparent finality, the game is clearly far from completion.However, even now game looks like 100% hit

What?

What exactly?

Author believes that there are many things in the game over which Rockstar is still working, thus "the game is clearly far from completion"

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Friday, May 24 2013, 23:05)

What?

What exactly?

First the say it looks finished then they say its clearly far from completion. What does that mean?that rockstar has a lot of work to do or what?

Maybe I translated it wrong.

Author had in mind that in many aspects, and at first glance the game looks like a finished game. But if you look closer, it becomes clear that there is a lot of things over which Rockstar is still working

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by Game2048, 24 May 2013 - 11:43 PM.

The whole demo and presentation were planned carefully by Rockstar. They tried to make it in such a way, that everything looked very impressive.

However, there were small incidents that were destroying this idyll.

For example, in Franklin part, there were tourists who stopped to say hello to him. It was impressive and it was planned.

Bun in Michael part there was unexpected incident, when Michael was crossing the road. Michael didn't react to this incident and it wasn't planned.

Or another example. When paparazzi pursued Michael on motorbikes, they crashed into the pillars but they didn't fall from motorbikes. It was a bit unrealistic, according to journalists. They said that it looked like asses of paparazzi were glued to motorcycles

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

I have a question.

I read they said the game was from PS3 but was shown in a projector, so was it running from a PS3 and being projected or was a projection of an allegedly PS3 footage?

I mean they said all NPC's looked differently, there are a lot of details in these previews that seem to be pointing to something scripted and not exactly how it will work in game, just for the show of. confused.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:19 AM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 25 May 2013 - 12:31 AM.

QUOTE (GunSmith118 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 07:15)
Overall, nothing new. Disappointed. sad.gif Here's what piqued my interest the most:

However, this is only a general positive paints. On some controversial moments I will now. First, it was demonstrated deformation physics machines. Rockstar employee intentionally crashed into any obstacles, and when touched the bar, it was clear that the car was left without a scratch. Therefore, we can conclude that on this element of the game is still intense work and they are not yet ready to show it. Perhaps we are in for something even more ambitious?

Secondly, it is extremely unusual and uncomfortable new mini-map. It is made in the style of GPS, with an arrangement of three lights of different colors (red, blue and yellow), which may be used to display the level of health (red), armor (blue) and special abilities (or yellow). However, this is just a guess, the developers did not describe the card. And if driving a car mini-map looks more appropriate, when walking the walk is a little strange. By the way, the map shows the nearest location is not a classic view from the top, but again, as in the GPS-navigators, at a slant.

Third, to blow up the car, it was necessary to shoot her entire 10 rounds (no matter where), and it immediately exploded. And these explosions were similar to the undermining of defective fireworks (light cotton and flash). Again, I think that is still being finalized and the destruction of transport with explosions was not the main purpose of the presentation.

I'm slightly worried. Not about the things they didn't like, cause i'll judge that for myself. But how the hell are damage models/physics not fully developed yet? Less than 4 months to go.........just odd really.

Goddamn man. I scrolled through the thread and one source actually says it seems far from completion? What the hell is that? I sure do hope this was a very old buid they shown, otherwise my fears for yet ANOTHER delay.....are becoming bigger by the minute. So was CVG just too positive then? Were they giving what they had seen too much credit? Or are these new sources just very hard to please? Still...really not happy about the many tings they are still working on. Doesn't sound hopeful sadly......

However...would they have gone out and announced the SE and CE's for Sep 17th if it wasn't going to happen?

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 00:19)
QUOTE (GunSmith118 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 07:15)
Overall, nothing new. Disappointed. sad.gif Here's what piqued my interest the most:

However, this is only a general positive paints. On some controversial moments I will now. First, it was demonstrated deformation physics machines. Rockstar employee intentionally crashed into any obstacles, and when touched the bar, it was clear that the car was left without a scratch. Therefore, we can conclude that on this element of the game is still intense work and they are not yet ready to show it. Perhaps we are in for something even more ambitious?

Secondly, it is extremely unusual and uncomfortable new mini-map. It is made in the style of GPS, with an arrangement of three lights of different colors (red, blue and yellow), which may be used to display the level of health (red), armor (blue) and special abilities (or yellow). However, this is just a guess, the developers did not describe the card. And if driving a car mini-map looks more appropriate, when walking the walk is a little strange. By the way, the map shows the nearest location is not a classic view from the top, but again, as in the GPS-navigators, at a slant.

Third, to blow up the car, it was necessary to shoot her entire 10 rounds (no matter where), and it immediately exploded. And these explosions were similar to the undermining of defective fireworks (light cotton and flash). Again, I think that is still being finalized and the destruction of transport with explosions was not the main purpose of the presentation.

I scrolled through the thread and one source actually says it seems far from completion?

Not one, at least several previews mentioned it. To be more specific, they mentioned several things that looked unfinished and some things that Rockstar tried to hide.

XxPhillies26xX
  • XxPhillies26xX

"The future is in your hands"

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

MosquitoSmasher
I'm slightly worried. Not about the things they didn't like, cause i'll judge that for myself. But how the hell are damage models/physics not fully developed yet? Less than 4 months to go.........just odd really.

I agree but R* could've should the press a old build of the game. I wouldn't mind if R* delayed the game again because I want R* to make the best open world game they can possibly make.

I really enjoyed the previews and I respect the Russian previews they were honest about everything they saw. This really will help R* address issues they are currently having with GTA V.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

As you guys say, it's perfectly possible that this is indeed an older build. Someone in the thread said that it makes sense to show an older build that is known to be stable and won't give problems, instead of showing a build they are working on. I guess that makes sense yeah. I do know one thing though, i'll just go with the wait and see approach. No expectations and ready for any kind of news, meaning a delay. If it happens, there's nothing we can do about it. Just really odd though that NO source from the UK and US spoke about this and god knows we received a boatload of UK and US previews. One thing is for sure...until we FINALLY get the 'gone gold' news...we should expect the unexpected.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:46 AM Edited by Game2048, 25 May 2013 - 12:49 AM.

Yes, I'm inclined to think that Rockstar showed an old build and they'll finish and change, maybe not all, but most of those things

What is a bit bother me, it's a possible delay. But I very doubt that they'll do this again

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 00:46)
Yes, I'm inclined to think that Rockstar showed an old build and they'll finish and change, maybe not all, but most of those things

What is a bit bother me, it's a possible delay. But I very doubt that they'll do this again

I'm gonna be honest. If there's only a bit of aliasing and texture loading at times and that's it, release the game. If they can patch that with updates, i really don't mind. But another delay, and possibly into 2014......i don't even want to start imagining that.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 00:52)

I'm gonna be honest. If there's only a bit of aliasing and texture loading at times and that's it, release the game. If they can patch that with updates, i really don't mind. But another delay, and possibly into 2014......i don't even want to start imagining that.

Actually, I think that, most likely, they'll not fix problems with aliasing and texture loading. Because, it seems that the game is already uses all available resources on PS3.

Regarding everything else - I want to note, that none of the previewers mentioned the delay. And none of them considered those things as so important, big that they may affect the release date.

They actually normally perceived those "problematic" things. Just mentioned that they exist in the current demo

twistedweather
  • twistedweather

dust in the wind

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:04 AM Edited by twistedweather, 25 May 2013 - 01:09 AM.

I found those previews interesting, its obvious gaining multiple perspectives helps us gather what to expect from the finished game. A clearer picture is emerging. The game sounds huge with lots of character.

The last preview stated something about not showing any missions like in GTAiv. I definitely think there will be missions but not a huge story or plot thread. From what I gather, Instead it will be like one of the previews said -->like a tv series. Lots of little stories/missions about the characters personal lives

The heists will draw all the main characters together in their common pursuit to get more money. Because all the characters share "the love for money" and spending it.

This is my take on the main mission story plot thingy :-/

IMO Rockstar obviously doesn't want to ruin any story missions by showing them. This is why they didn't focus on any missions regarding the characters personal lives.

I ts a new spin on Grand Theft Auto. I am sure all the awesome detail will be there. Along with new and familiar gameplay elements that have been enhanced and fine tuned, shared from other Rockstar games.

thanks for putting this together Ravii! great thread

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 00:59)

Actually, I think that, most likely, they'll not fix problems with aliasing and texture loading. Because, it seems that the game is already uses all available resources on PS3.

Regarding everything else - I want to note, that none of the previewers mentioned the delay. And none of them considered those things as so important, big that they may affect the release date.

They actually normally perceived those "problematic" things. Just mentioned that they exist in the current demo

I keep finding it odd that sources like CVG, Gamesradar, IGN AU, Kotaku, Destructoid, several Dutch previews and so on, did not mention these unfinished things. I think it was Tweakers.net actually that said the game looked very finished. Ah well....we can't do anything else but wait and hope for the best. They could be releasing boatloads of screenshots and what not, having us believe that they are ready, done and no more delays...but it can happen when you least expect it. Old build makes sense, and maybe all the UK and US, other Language previews didn't speak about little errors, because they knew full well that this was an old build and didn't think it was needed to mention. Just guessing here...ah well, time will tell.

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

Has anyone read all the previews? I read the first one, i couldn't do anymore, i'm tired. Is there anything noteworthy in the remaining previews?

Their only complaint was that the cops never pursued them after they finished off the initial waves. If that's their only gripe then that's good news to me.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (DirtyHarry44 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 01:16)
Has anyone read all the previews? I read the first one, i couldn't do anymore, i'm tired. Is there anything noteworthy in the remaining previews?

Their only complaint was that the cops never pursued them after they finished off the initial waves. If that's their only gripe then that's good news to me.

You can read key info in later posts in this topic

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

I find it interesting how one source can say it really doesn't look too good, something along those lines and the other source says the exact opposite and speaks of a beautiful looking game. September can't come soon enough, or hopefully August when they should announce it's gold.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by Game2048, 25 May 2013 - 01:25 AM.

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 01:06)

I keep finding it odd that sources like CVG, Gamesradar, IGN AU, Kotaku, Destructoid, several Dutch previews and so on, did not mention these unfinished things. I think it was Tweakers.net actually that said the game looked very finished. Ah well....we can't do anything else but wait and hope for the best. They could be releasing boatloads of screenshots and what not, having us believe that they are ready, done and no more delays...but it can happen when you least expect it. Old build makes sense, and maybe all the UK and US, other Language previews didn't speak about little errors, because they knew full well that this was an old build and didn't think it was needed to mention. Just guessing here...ah well, time will tell.

Who knows...

Maybe those previewers felt some gratitude for the fact that Rockstar gave them the opportunity to do an exclusive material.

And they decided not to destroy this celebration, considering that:

1. In general, the game is amazing. Most of the Russian previewers also think so.

2. It's a demo, not finished game.

3. Rockstar said that mission with heist is unfinished. They're still working on such aspects as Wanted Level system. Russian IGN didn't mention that fact

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

Great.. not only do I get to read the same details for the hundredth time, now I also get to have it written by Borat.. Yakshemash!!

user posted image

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 01:23)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 01:06)

Who knows...

Maybe those previewers felt some gratitude for the fact that Rockstar gave them the opportunity to do an exclusive material.

And they decided not to destroy this celebration, considering that:

1. In general, the game is amazing. Most of the Russian previewers also think so.

2. It's a demo, not finished game.

3. Rockstar said that mission with heist is unfinished. They're still working on such aspects as Wanted Level system. Russian IGN didn't mention that fact

Good points there. We'll just wait and see now. If we are to believe these previews, MP info isn't far away. But i don't find that any wonder, E3 is close and Take Two already spoke about an 'innovative marketing campaign' around the time of E3. If they do all that, so much marketing again...you'd think they are finally confident that it will release in September.

XxPhillies26xX
  • XxPhillies26xX

"The future is in your hands"

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:21 AM Edited by XxPhillies26xX, 25 May 2013 - 02:37 AM.

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:19)
I find it interesting how one source can say it really doesn't look too good, something along those lines and the other source says the exact opposite and speaks of a beautiful looking game. September can't come soon enough, or hopefully August when they should announce it's gold.

Don't worry MosquitoSmasher R* are aware of these problems. I'm sure they talk to the team who is in charge the of RAGE engine everyday. Which is located at R* san diego. During a interview a few years back on 1up.com R* did a interview about the RAGE engine here is a quote from the article:

Are there any advantages to the fact that Rockstar have developed and own the engine?

AF: The main advantage is we have control over the direction the engine takes. If we need something for our game we have a direct connection with the guys who would be developing it. We get early access to systems which might not be completely finished but are ready for development use. Bugs get fixed in days, not weeks or months. This has been especially important as we reached the end of the project. We talk to the RAGE guys every day. We know what is happening with RAGE on a day to day basis.

Sandy Roger: Definitely, working with guys in house gave us much more input into the development of the RAGE engine, and gave us direct access to the guys who made it which has helped enormously.

Anybody shouldn't have no worries about the graphics of GTA V. Im am positive that everything will look improved as we draw closer to release.

If anyone is interested in the interview, here it is: 1up Rage engine interview.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (XxPhillies26xX @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 02:21)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:19)

Don't worry MosquitoSmasher R* are aware of these problems. I'm sure they talk to the team who is in charge the of RAGE engine everyday. Which is located at R* san diego. During a interview a few years back on 1up.com R* did a interview about the RAGE engine here is a quote from the article:

Are there any advantages to the fact that Rockstar have developed and own the engine?

AF: The main advantage is we have control over the direction the engine takes. If we need something for our game we have a direct connection with the guys who would be developing it. We get early access to systems which might not be completely finished but are ready for development use. Bugs get fixed in days, not weeks or months. This has been especially important as we reached the end of the project. We talk to the RAGE guys every day. We know what is happening with RAGE on a day to day basis.

Sandy Roger: Definitely, working with guys in house gave us much more input into the development of the RAGE engine, and gave us direct access to the guys who made it which has helped enormously.

Anybody shouldn't have no worries about the graphics of GTA V. Im am positive that everything will look improved as we draw closer to release.

If anyone is interested in the interview, here it is: 1up Rage engine interview.

Thanks for that man. That quote about the hardware was quite interesting and that does sound good. Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Another preview

http://read-this-tex...eft-auto-v.html

1. Among secondary activities:

- Hunting on pumas and coyotes;
- Ride a bike in the park;
- Playing golf.

2. Under water: sunken ships and oil rigs that were destroyed by storms.

3. Properties: you can buy hangars for the fighters. But they will be very expensive and you'll need to work hard in order to gather the required amount

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hangers for fighter jets? How cool is that! So that means there has to be a landingstrip somewhere in the Alamo Sea?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 16:07)
Hangers for fighter jets? How cool is that! So that means there has to be a landingstrip somewhere in the Alamo Sea?

Maybe even on LSX or another airport? I'm just really excited thanks to these Russian previews. 114 days away.

dimassss
  • dimassss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

Preview from Riot Pixels:
http://riotpixels.co...uto-5-v-moskve/
Use Google Translate smile.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 15:13)

Maybe even on LSX or another airport? I'm just really excited thanks to these Russian previews. 114 days away.

LSX was the major one right?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 20:11)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 15:13)

LSX was the major one right?

Yes based of off LAX.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by Game2048, 26 May 2013 - 07:10 PM.

I saw Russian preview today on Youtube. Author mentioned that there is a lot of sarcasm in trio's conversations.

It seems that Trevor will irritate Franklin and Michael on a permanent basis)))

There was funny and comic scene when Trevor came in monkey mask and it was unexpectedly for Michael and Franklin)

Their reaction was: "Wtf are you doing? Are you normal? You bugged us"))

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

What was the point of the mod's deleting the thread if they were bringing it back anyway?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users