Quantcast

» «
Photo

So I decided to get a console for GTAV...

47 replies to this topic
TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

With the fumes of a tomb, I consume all the light in the day.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by the7ftmidget, 25 May 2013 - 11:00 PM.

It really doesnt matter, you wont see a difference in gameplay, graphics, or framerate. Its the same on both. I have GTA 4 on both consoles, and i have no preference.

HOWEVER: Please note that the PS3 version of gta4 allows you to drive using the six axis, which is very inefective, and when you bring up your ingame cellphone and scroll down, at the very botom you will have the option to do the six axis tutorial... This became very annoying when in the middle of a long drive and my car is about to explode, so i scroll down and accidently select the six axis tutorial instead of cheats, and i lose my car, and teleport to the damn airport... Very f*cking annoying

Also, i prefer he XBOX 360 controller's triggers, which are easier to use and more responsive than the ps3.

In conclusion, you should buy the one you think you will use the most. If the six axis controls make a comeback in gta5, prepare to be mildely annoyed with the ps3. However, you can always just connect a 360 controller via a converter and use that with the ps3, which i do.

Wait and see if there are any console exclusives. Dont decide yet bro. Also take into account that the 360 version might require more than one disc, which may be a deal breaker if you need to switch out. But if you can install the second disc and just play the whole game with one disc and not needing to switch, you'll be fine.
Either console is great, as long as u can use the 360 controller, which is superior. The sixaxis is very flawed. And the unrealistic triggers of the ps3 controller are annoying to use, your fingers will always slip when your fingers get sweaty.

Edit: ps3 plays bluerays, so if you like warching HD movies and dont have a blueray player yet, you should get the ps3.
But keep in mind that xbox live is superior to the playstation network, but you do have to pay for it. Still, you pay for what you get, which is the best.

Good luck with whatever you pick.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (NonToXIC @ Friday, May 24 2013, 11:21)
So I bought a PS3 Slim 160GB.  smile.gif   I also preordered GTAV already.

Tally:

- PS3 Slim 160GB for $211,67 USD
- GTAV PS3 for $67,90 USD.

Thank you very much once again, hope it's going to be a good machine.  icon14.gif

I recommend getting Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted 2/3 while you wait for GTA V. The Last of Us would be a good choice as well but it isn't available at the moment; will be released in June. Have fun, mate. smile.gif

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

I was going to tell you to get a PS3 because it has free online and so on. I have both consoles and to be honest both are good in their own way but PS3 has the benefit of free online.

Also as a few others have said....get RDR...it will prepare your body for V and it's an amazing game. I am replaying it right now.

NTxC
  • NTxC

GTA V.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

So the console froze on me during the second hour of playing Heavy Rain (great game, by the way). No idea why.
Also got IV, and I must say that the PS3 version feels... superior to the PC version. Again, I can't rationally explain why.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (NonToXIC @ Friday, May 31 2013, 20:50)
So the console froze on me during the second hour of playing Heavy Rain (great game, by the way). No idea why.
Also got IV, and I must say that the PS3 version feels... superior to the PC version. Again, I can't rationally explain why.

Consoles randomly freeze anytime they want, you'll never be rid of that.

Ps 3 version feels superior? And I take it you don't have a console because you're a PC gamer?

Must have a poor PC, no?

NTxC
  • NTxC

GTA V.

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by NonToXIC, 02 June 2013 - 11:56 PM.

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 05:39)

Ps 3 version feels superior? And I take it you don't have a console because you're a PC gamer?

Must have a poor PC, no?

Read my signature, nowhere close to a poor PC that one.

I'm a PC gamer yes, but I decided to get a console so that I can play V on release date.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

Pick up the first uncharted title.

You'll be hooked once you play that through I thinkit'll be in the bargain bin somewhere, nice and cheap

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (NonToXIC @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 23:53)
QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 05:39)

Must have a poor PC, no?

Read my signature, nowhere close to a poor PC that one.

I'm a PC gamer yes, but I decided to get a console so that I can play V on release date.

IV was badly ported on to the PC.

That is why.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:30 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 28 August 2014 - 02:43 AM.

Stop looking at my old posts you stalkin' bastard.

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

Xbox. Although you have to pay for live, I believe it's still better.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 21:12)
PS3. Blu-ray drive, free PSN, hackers don't arrive as early as on 360.

Are you kidding me, Hackers arrive faster on the PS3 !!! I'm not saying they don't arrive on the 360 but I play on my PS3 and what to say is that hackers arrive faster on the PS3

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 09:34)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 21:12)
PS3. Blu-ray drive, free PSN, hackers don't arrive as early as on 360.

Are you kidding me, Hackers arrive faster on the PS3 !!! I'm not saying they don't arrive on the 360 but I play on my PS3 and what to say is that hackers arrive faster on the PS3

And although psn is free they got hacked and people had their credit card info stolen.

Saliva
  • Saliva

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 09:52)
people had their credit card info stolen.

It was encrypted.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Saliva @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 21:08)
QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 09:52)
people had their credit card info stolen.

It was encrypted.

I am pretty confident with sony after that, they had a cyber security team monitoring accounts and such after the incident and they increased their security, I have no doubt it was by quite a lot, they don't want another incident.

For actual account security I think PSN is far better, getting into an XBL account is too easy. I remember a kid gave his password to me and a friend so we could level his account, we told him not to give his password out and he was lucky we weren't hackers. He ignored the advice and sent it a few more times because he was an idiot, so we decided the best way for him to learn would be if we just f*cked his account up, I do feel a little bad for him, but then again, he was really really stupid, even when I was a youngster I didn't even give out passwords. Here's what went down, might as well outline it.

So we took the account, reset his Black Ops 2 stats all the way to zero, deleted his friends list, then he changed the password, however the hotmail account it was linked to was still on and we had his last 4 credit card digits, so we got some more information from there, faked a few emails, and then used the information to get the password again which Microsoft prompty sent out, we tried it with fewer and fewer details each time, it was astonishingly easy to get a password reset sent out, we could have gotten his account just by knowing his email address and a couple other odds and ends, we did this over and over until he said he had learned his lesson via an XBL, by that point we had his Facebook account through his email address, after we'd been on the account Facebook shut it down haha, so he probably had to make a new Facebook as well.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Ouch man haha you f*cked him over big time tounge.gif
My friends account was hacked, and this was literally 3-4 months ago. Since then i have had every type of security Xbox offer put on my account. I changed my password of my hotmail account to something that would be much, much harder to hack into, i have security questions with ridiculous answers, and i have a 4 digit passcode that needs to be entered everytime i connect to Xbox Live. I also have a linked hotmail and Xbox account to provide as proof if i ever get hacked, although I'm not entirely sure how useful that is.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 11:49)
my hotmail account

Bro...

What the f*ck?

Hotmail practically sells your account password and info for $4,-.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 11:51)
my hotmail account

Bro...

What the f*ck?

Now this, i did not know! Hotmail was the only email service i used so when i signed up for Xbox Live originally, it was the only email i had.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:14 AM Edited by Fireman, 04 June 2013 - 11:58 AM.

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 10:34)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 11:51)
my hotmail account

Bro...

What the f*ck?

Now this, i did not know! Hotmail was the only email service i used so when i signed up for Xbox Live originally, it was the only email i had.

You should really change it, the amount of spam you get that isn't filtered is crazy and Hotmail is probably the most unprotected site on the entire internet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users