E3 June 11-13, 2013

338 replies to this topic
Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (YukiEiri @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:41)
QUOTE (SausageInACan @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 15:57)
I believe that Sony isn't forcing game companies to make the games have DMR but they are allowing them to have it if they want.
And a little video.
youtubefyUJIQBMna4/youtube

Yeah, that's Ubisoft for you..
Have not gotten around to play AC3 'cos it is buggy and .. well .. boring.

I can't even run it on my PC, at lowest. When in fact I ran Brotherhood and Revelations at lowest at 60fps. confused.gif
They didn't optimize it for weaker PCs.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

So, what have we got to look forward to? Do the individual game companies have their own shows coming up?

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Honestly, AC IV was embarrassing for them. Have they STILL not learnt from AC3? biggrin.gif

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:03)
I believe that Sony isn't forcing game companies to make the games have DMR but they are allowing them to have it if they want.
And a little video.

I can't even run it on my PC, at lowest. When in fact I ran Brotherhood and Revelations at lowest at 60fps. confused.gif

I maxed all the AC games through Revelations then couldn't run 3 on the lowest settings. Well, rather, the second I got off the boat I couldn't play anymore because of massive frame-rate drops everywhere in Boston and just uninstalled.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:48)
QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:03)
And a little video.

I maxed all the AC games through Revelations then couldn't run 3 on the lowest settings. Well, rather, the second I got off the boat I couldn't play anymore because of massive frame-rate drops everywhere in Boston and just uninstalled.

Luckily I bought a pirated version 'cause the genuine copy is too damn expensive at launch.

upyoustolemylungs
  • upyoustolemylungs

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

Quick question about ps4 online. So if you do not own a PS+ account, you can't play any type of multiplayer, but do have access to the internet? (Not complaining just curious)

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (upyoustolemylungs @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 04:27)
Quick question about ps4 online. So if you do not own a PS+ account, you can't play any type of multiplayer, but do have access to the internet? (Not complaining just curious)

You can play the Free-2-Play multiplater games.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Ryse is the most frustrating game at E3.
Ryse, Microsoftís Xbox One exclusive and answer to PlayStationís God of War has apparently been the most frustrating game to play at E3 according to a Kotaku journalist, who said that the gameís QTEs (Quick Time Events) just happens. Yes, even if you fail to press the right buttons, the event gets completed without your input.
Itís pretty hilarious to be honest. Hereís the full event in quick time. Forgive the pun.

Iím on the battlefield. Iím stomping through the corpses of my comrades swinging my sword at anything that moves. I begin a combo, I slash twice and then whooom slow motion is initiated, sh*t is about to get Ďcinematicí. A button prompt hovers elusively above the sword Iím about to drive into the throat of my enemyÖ argh Iím too slow! The prompt flickers, disappears.
I missed it. Damn.
But then somehow, for some reason, I still complete the cinematic Ďkillí.
What?
Maybe itís a bug I think, but no. Next time I deliberately press the wrong button. The kill goes ahead, no consequences. Then I try hitting no buttons whatsoever. The kill goes ahead. I put the controller on the table in front of me, the kill goes ahead.
What is going on here?
I ask one of the Crytek people hovering at the booth Ė is this a bug? Why am I completing kills when I hit the wrong button prompt? Or, worse, no button at all. Turns out it was a deliberate design choice.
ďWe donít want the player to feel frustrated,Ē I am told.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

That's just sad. :-/
Slowdown breaks the immersion of epic battle and .. actually does not do anything else? :-/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users