• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

are we all going die?

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

A majority of the replies in this topic show me why the developers think that this is ok and why this type of "bonus" and "DLC" has become the norm in the industry.

Nuts, now I'm depressed again sad.gif

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 17:21)
The contents cut aren't just cosmetic stuff either. There are two gameplay elements cut:

• Stunt challenges
  • Cars and other vehicles
  • Classic multiplayer characters.
  • Weapons.

Who says those two elements are not present in the standard edition? The announcement only says that certain weapons are right away available for free at AmmuNation shops and you'll have access to a garage right at the beginning with special vehicles.

I can well imagine that those weapons/vehicles will be also available in the standard edition, but they'll be very well hidden in Los Santos or only available later in the game (after completing 100 % for example).

I could be wrong though but I really hope R* will go this way.
It's a shame though that the stunt challenges are clearly not present in the standard edition. I hope they'll release them as a DLC later on (for a reasonable price like 1-2 ).

roym899
  • roym899

Player Hater

• Members

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:43)
I guess they first started this with GTA IV itself. Parachutes being absent in the vanilla game ( a GTA game where we could be be on top of any building ) anyone?

I kinda disagree. (not with your main point though)
TLAD and TBOGT both were add-ons including a story, new weapons, new cars and new features.
The amount of programming needed to add all of this is so much higher then just adding a single car. So it's not really comparable imho.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (iFight @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 21:14)
sad thread, I'm going to cry..

Go cry if you want to. How can you guys be hugging Rockstars balls this tightly?

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:42)
QUOTE (jolzew1 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 21:08)
QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:29)
QUOTE (Eagles @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:27)
The stupidness here is so damn high...

They are not cutting content from the game. This is ADDITIONAL content, you won't miss it if you buy the standard edition. You buy it if you f*cking WANT IT. No one is pointing a gun at your head telling you to buy it.

If you don't like Rockstar anymore because they are not a friendly-company, go play some flash games. They are for free. icon14.gif

You beat me to it!

OP is clearly one of the biggest retards on these fourms.

OP stated that 10% of the game is cut from the game, because of additional DLC added POST development(most likely)

I LAUGH AT YOU, YOU DUMB f*ck

I guess the OP also thinks it's unfair that when you purchase a car at a dealership that's it BS to pay extra for sun roof, V8, Navigation system etc...because you know, all cars should come with this at the same lower price... dozingoff.gif

Yeah, vehicles and stuntplane challenges are sooo very similar to "sun roof, V8, and Navigation system ". Dude, this is clear ripoff.

I am not saying that things like bags and caps should have been in the vanilla game. Get that into your titanium thick skulls.

It's a sad day, to be Ferocious Banger.

I understand that most people don't like day one DLC, and in some cases they are rip-offs.

But given everything you get in the retail copy? Are you really going to complaint about some special/collector edition DLC?

The game will be so rich, and full of fun that you will never even think about the "few" extra DLC items you get when buying these editions.

If you are really sad about not getting the DLC, I suggest saving up some money.

mobe
  • mobe

Peon

• Members

QUOTE (dontdieb4september @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:41)
QUOTE (mobe @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:37)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:21)
May 23, 2013 marks the day when RockstarGames put their first foot forward in the direction that EA has been going in.

One of the last few consumer friendly companies, RockstarGames, has disgraced itself on this day. A day when they made it official that they have cut content from the original game.

The contents cut aren't just cosmetic stuff either. There are two gameplay elements cut:

• Stunt challenges

• Cars and other vehicles

• Classic multiplayer characters.

• Weapons.

Who knows how much more they have blatantly cut from the vanilla game?

This is just..sad.

150 million dollar games don't just pay for themselves you know. With almost a thousand highly skilled people working over time to get this game finished there's a lot of high end wages to pay

lol give it a rest, They will pay for the games production in the first week of sales.

Actually they won't. You clearly don't understand much of the economics of the games industry. How much cut do you think Sony and MS take of the game sales? How much do you think goes towards marketing etc? From what I've heard Rockstar are seriously worried about not even breaking even with GTAV. Hence another reason why I think it'll come out on next gen consoles.

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

I bought none of the bonus content from Max Payne. I've still had a wonderful time playing the game.

I will get GTA V. Without bonus content. I will still have a wonderful time.

Self control is on the buyer, not the company.

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers - Leader - PS3

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:47)

Go cry if you want to. How can you guys be hugging Rockstars balls this tightly?

Cause it's nice and warm

roym899
  • roym899

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (GTA564 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:43)
QUOTE (renourish @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:23)
Why is everyone saying that they have actually ''cut'' parts from the game?
Maybe they are just adding stuff.

whatsthat.gif

You're right

As stated before there are people who look at things from the wrong side and that's why they can not look at it as a bonus
Or as another comment here saying this bonus could be in the DLC that comes out in 10 months
So my suggestion if you do not want to buy the package Enjoy the game as it is, believe me you will enjoy it wink.gif

You can turn everything around so it looks ok.

But the thing is that for example the custom characters for mp or the stunt challenges: they will be there from the beginning for everyone paying more. Although it would have been NO additional cost for R* to implement it into every game.

It's the same day-one DLC sh*t EA pulls off with every game they release.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Waingro @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:47)
I bought none of the bonus content from Max Payne. I've still had a wonderful time playing the game.

I will get GTA V. Without bonus content. I will still have a wonderful time.

Wisdom.

Waingro
  • Waingro

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

I'm going to assume all of you pay for cable TV shows and purchase your music to support those bands too.

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Honestly could not care less. If there is extra content above the massive supply we're already getting with the game, I do not mind.

I will be purchasing the Collectors Edition to show my support for Rockstar.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

• Members

QUOTE (roym899 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 21:16)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:43)
I guess they first started this with GTA IV itself. Parachutes being absent in the vanilla game ( a GTA game where we could be be on top of any building ) anyone?

I kinda disagree. (not with your main point though)
TLAD and TBOGT both were add-ons including a story, new weapons, new cars and new features.
The amount of programming needed to add all of this is so much higher then just adding a single car. So it's not really comparable imho.

I'm not talking about the whole DLC's themselves. Just the parachute feature.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

I have to agree with this thread. Though, as long as it all becomes available digitally (like it has in every other Rockstar game this generation), I don't really see a problem with it.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Waingro @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:47)

This. I love how people complain about this yet then go on to say "I'll be buying it anyway".

Tobias_Rieper
  • Tobias_Rieper

Silent Assassin

• Members

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:21)
Waaah

Would you like a tissue?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:47)

Its not that its just we don't really care and have real stuff to be sad about. If your ass hurts that much then don't buy the game, its simple really.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

QUOTE (krammkracker @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:46)
A majority of the replies in this topic show me why the developers think that this is ok and why this type of "bonus" and "DLC" has become the norm in the industry.

Nuts, now I'm depressed again sad.gif

From any other developer, it isn't acceptable. For Max Payne 3 it wasn't acceptable but a game this huge & loaded with content? I feel they are justified. Still, I'm not rich or dumb enough to buy it.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

In the land of the skunks, he who has half a nose is king

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

1994 called, they want the day you were born back.

jolzew1
  • jolzew1

Mark Chump

• Members

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:42)

They are not cutting content from the game. This is ADDITIONAL content, you won't miss it if you buy the standard edition. You buy it if you f*cking WANT IT. No one is pointing a gun at your head telling you to buy it.

If you don't like Rockstar anymore because they are not a friendly-company, go play some flash games. They are for free. icon14.gif

You beat me to it!

OP stated that 10% of the game is cut from the game, because of additional DLC added POST development(most likely)

I guess the OP also thinks it's unfair that when you purchase a car at a dealership that's it BS to pay extra for sun roof, V8, Navigation system etc...because you know, all cars should come with this at the same lower price... dozingoff.gif

Yeah, vehicles and stuntplane challenges are sooo very similar to "sun roof, V8, and Navigation system ". Dude, this is clear ripoff.

I am not saying that things like bags and caps should have been in the vanilla game. Get that into your titanium thick skulls.

Ummmm....lol.... it's a parallel to the logic the OP is using, not an equal comparison to the argument... it's not a rip off. It's something called capitalism and the free market. They have every right to charge whatever they want and throw in "extra's" for an additional price. Just like many other commodities and markets. You aren't forced to buy the game or pay for the extra's. It's just that simple. You are either A) very young or B) somewhat challenged to not understand the basic concepts of how business operates. Consumers speak with their wallets. Don't like it, don't buy the game. Or, better yet, go out and start your own company and develop games and show us all how it's done stud rolleyes.gif

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers - Leader - PS3

• Members

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:51)

This. I love how people complain about this yet then go on to say "I'll be buying it anyway".

Well it is not bad to hope for more, is it?!

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

• Members

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 21:21)

I'll actually "buy it anyway". But, my views on Rockstar has forever changed. I'm sure there are plenty more people who think like it.

Waingro
  • Waingro

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

I currently work in the music industry, love seeing how people bitch about day 1 stuff. They don't understand how expensive marketing, licensing, everythign beyond actual game creation costs. Yes it's bonus content. You don't need it to play the game, but if you'd like something additional there it is. You don't have to buy it. It's on you. Not Rockstar.

It's a f*cking game, go be upset about US drone strikes.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

I can understand the feeling of angst against this form of collectors edition, but alot of people are being babies about it.

Cue the baby pic at the top

roym899
  • roym899

Player Hater

• Members

QUOTE (jolzew1 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:52)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:42)

You beat me to it!

Ummmm....lol.... it's a parallel to the logic the OP is using, not an equal comparison to the argument... it's not a rip off. It's something called capitalism and the free market. They have every right to charge whatever they want and throw in "extra's" for an additional price. Just like many other commodities and markets. You aren't forced to buy the game or pay for the extra's. It's just that simple. You are either A) very young or B) somewhat challenged to not understand the basic concepts of how business operates. Consumers speak with their wallets. Don't like it, don't buy the game. Or, better yet, go out and start your own company and develop games and show us all how it's done stud rolleyes.gif

I think the OP kinda understands the market he's just thought that R* is somehow better then EA but this thing shows they are obviously not.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:52)
1994 called, they want the day you were born back.

I lol'ed ph34r.gif

ALeSsAnDrO
  • ALeSsAnDrO

Peon

• Members

user posted image

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Man so f*cking lame..Sad day because of a video game lol. It's just add ons not like it was going to be in the game anyways, so they made it bonus content, not a big deal at all.

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (mobe @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:47)
From what I've heard Rockstar are seriously worried about not even breaking even with GTAV.

This made me laugh more than OP's post did suicidal.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users