Photo

A sad day..

506 replies to this topic
japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

People who did not expect this are stupid.

Every single game does this today.

Stop crying and just realise this is how the market is today.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

The stunt plane trials included in the Special Edition is the only thing that annoys me. I want that too, but I'm not willing to buy the Special Edition just for that. confused.gif

People will buy it nevertheless. Just because of the name alone...
"Oh it says Special Edition, so it must be a lot better"
It's a ripoff.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 21:00)
Is it REALLY Rockstar that is doing this out of their own way? Or is it their publisher begging them to do this? We've seen this already with Metro Last Light's difficulty DLC, they said their publisher made them push it out as a DLC.

Can't really blame them, it was going to happen eventually, actually they've been doing this for years already. L.A Noire, Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption, V.

Might be it. Either way. I am disapsointed. But, well, I will have to suck it up though, for I - along with a ton more people - am not rich enough like the others who "bitch" about us "bitching".

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Look, after 5 years & god knows how much in development costs, I'm not going to denounce R* as greedy, when we're getting so much content in the vanilla game. If they want to sell an overpriced collector's edition to a few idiots with more money than sense, they have more right to do it than most.

I wouldn't even want the stats boost cheat.

Ryoshami
  • Ryoshami

Crackhead

• Members

That "special ability boost" is actually a cheat.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:21)
May 23, 2013 marks the day when RockstarGames put their first foot forward in the direction that EA has been going in.

One of the last few consumer friendly companies, RockstarGames, has disgraced itself on this day. A day when they made it official that they have cut content from the original game.

The contents cut aren't just cosmetic stuff either. There are two gameplay elements cut:
  • Stunt challenges
  • Cars and other vehicles
  • Classic multiplayer characters.
  • Weapons.
Who knows how much more they have blatantly cut from the vanilla game?

This is just..sad.

1. Just one ADDITIONAL stunt challenge.
2. In multiplayer.
3. You'll probably be able to get those as DLC, something very cheap and not $30 like EA's
4. They'll be available, difference is you have ti pay for them in Ammunation. The Special Edition just makes them free.

Call me a Rockstar fanboy as much as you want for defending this, but I don't see anything EA here, it's just some things that aren't that game changing. If this were EA we'd probably have to pay $50 for a mission and a weapon.

gtagirl69
  • gtagirl69

• Members

OP is the voice in this video:

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

• Members

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 21:02)
QUOTE (Pwned. @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:23)
Yes, it is such a disaster, omg like seriously they took out 1 car omg and a few challenges omg.

Anyways, why EA's direction? Dude this is the new STANDARD in gaming. Deal with it, you may not like it all but you cant change it.

Sorry were not all 12 years old to enjoy this sh*tty ass "STANDARD".
"Back in my day" you got what you f*cking payed for. No installments, no extra fee. 'Get your sh*t and get out'.

It's like you'd have to pay $10 when you go to see the original Mona Lisa painting.

But her nose is covered up with a napkin, and a dude is standing beside the painting going: "Wanna see her nose? Gotta pay extra!"

"new STANDARD" my ass. More like BULL-f*ckING-HORSEsh*t.

I was about to write something like this. But you beat me to it. icon14.gif

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

None of this is "Cut Content" Otherwise we would've been told this sh*t was cut, Then they added it in as DLC.
The thing EA does, Involves taking the full game and disc locking content that requires a DLC pass to use, You already own the DLC, But you have to buy it again in order to have Access. Rockstar is actually ADDING sh*t in.

Stop bitching please.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

R* goes EA.

Killerdude8 > You don't get it. Of course they cut it out for selling it on an extra way.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:32)
Yes, it is such a disaster, omg like seriously they took out 1 car omg and a few challenges omg.

Anyways, why EA's direction? Dude this is the new STANDARD in gaming. Deal with it, you may not like it all but you cant change it.

"Back in my day" you got what you f*cking payed for. No installments, no extra fee. 'Get your sh*t and get out'.

It's like you'd have to pay $10 when you go to see the original Mona Lisa painting.

But her nose is covered up with a napkin, and a dude is standing beside the painting going: "Wanna see her nose? Gotta pay extra!"

I'm with you man. It's a sh*tty new standard if you ask me.

Day one DLC makes me sick.

losSantosGang
  • losSantosGang

Player Hater

• Members

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:25)
QUOTE (Pwned. @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 20:53)

Yes, I can't change it. I can also not change the fact that this is sad.

People who are paying 60$ are paying for an incomplete version of the game.

it aint a incomplete game, jeez c'mone bro, R* is just trying to make the game as good as it could get these last days of the current gen consoles, and if they think removing some parts like some cars, MP elements and characters/weapons then i'm okay with that, i mean rockstar is realy trying to give us the best game possible these days so don't start crying if they remove some parts, and who knows maybe they are removing some stuff to put some better stuff in, and personaly i dont care about the MP, Gta has always been a SP game for me..

Get over it..

EDIT: oh and if the game isnt gone GOLD yet the game isnt complete so in fact the complete game is when the game gone GOLD...

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

I remember when I only had to pay for a game once to get the entire version... ahhh those were the days.

mobe
  • mobe

Peon

• Members

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:21)
May 23, 2013 marks the day when RockstarGames put their first foot forward in the direction that EA has been going in.

One of the last few consumer friendly companies, RockstarGames, has disgraced itself on this day. A day when they made it official that they have cut content from the original game.

The contents cut aren't just cosmetic stuff either. There are two gameplay elements cut:

• Stunt challenges
  • Weapons.

This is just..sad.

150 million dollar games don't just pay for themselves you know. With almost a thousand highly skilled people working over time to get this game finished there's a lot of high end wages to pay

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Its irrelevant to say "it could of been in the vanilla game". Your spending more money on a special edition, you expect to get more than what's in the standard edition.

haarp
  • haarp

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Was only a matter of time till some idiot made a 'this is unfair' topic

jolzew1
  • jolzew1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:29)
QUOTE (Eagles @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:27)
The stupidness here is so damn high...

They are not cutting content from the game. This is ADDITIONAL content, you won't miss it if you buy the standard edition. You buy it if you f*cking WANT IT. No one is pointing a gun at your head telling you to buy it.

If you don't like Rockstar anymore because they are not a friendly-company, go play some flash games. They are for free.  icon14.gif

You beat me to it!

OP is clearly one of the biggest retards on these fourms.

OP stated that 10% of the game is cut from the game, because of additional DLC added POST development(most likely)

I LAUGH AT YOU, YOU DUMB f*ck

I guess the OP also thinks it's unfair that when you purchase a car at a dealership that's it BS to pay extra for sun roof, V8, Navigation system etc...because you know, all cars should come with this at the same lower price... dozingoff.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:33)
The stunt plane trials included in the Special Edition is the only thing that annoys me. I want that too, but I'm not willing to buy the Special Edition just for that. confused.gif

They are still in the game this just adds one or two more.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 07:37)
QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:32)

I'm with you man. It's a sh*tty new standard if you ask me.

Day one DLC makes me sick.

Gotta agree with you there, Day 1 DLC is awful. R* didn't do that with IV or RDR, but I'm sure it started with LA Noire and probably MP3. DLC should be released months after the vanilla game so we can still continue to enjoy it.

roym899
  • roym899

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:35)
None of this is "Cut Content" Otherwise we would've been told this sh*t was cut, Then they added it in as DLC.
The thing EA does, Involves taking the full game and disc locking content that requires a DLC pass to use, You already own the DLC, But you have to buy it again in order to have Access. Rockstar is actually ADDING sh*t in.

Stop bitching please.

This is just not true. They definitly do the exact same thing EA does.
Every day one dlc which is available for people which pay more could have been added for everyone.

I really wonder how dumb you are to say "we woul've been told this sh*t was cut"? Are you serious? So the difference between EA and R* is that EA tells us that they cutted it to release it as a DLC and R* is adding things? This is just hilarious. How can you be such a blind fanboy.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

QUOTE (jolzew1 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:38)

They are not cutting content from the game. This is ADDITIONAL content, you won't miss it if you buy the standard edition. You buy it if you f*cking WANT IT. No one is pointing a gun at your head telling you to buy it.

If you don't like Rockstar anymore because they are not a friendly-company, go play some flash games. They are for free.  icon14.gif

You beat me to it!

OP stated that 10% of the game is cut from the game, because of additional DLC added POST development(most likely)

I guess the OP also thinks it's unfair that when you purchase a car at a dealership that's it BS to pay extra for sun roof, V8, Navigation system etc...because you know, all cars should come with this at the same lower price... dozingoff.gif

You can use the same example when buying a house.

Jordan_Philip
  • Jordan_Philip

"Dimitri, I took care of that thing for you."

• BUSTED!

GTA IV should have came with tbogt and tlad for free. RDR should have been a free add on to Red Dead Revolver. And why did i pay for manhunt 2 when i already paid for manhunt 1??? As a matter of fact every Rockstar game and add on content ever created should have been just one big game. Its bullsh*t how we have to pay more than once

dontdieb4september
  • dontdieb4september

Trick

• Members

QUOTE (mobe @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:37)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:21)

• Stunt challenges

• Weapons.

This is just..sad.

150 million dollar games don't just pay for themselves you know. With almost a thousand highly skilled people working over time to get this game finished there's a lot of high end wages to pay

lol give it a rest, They will pay for the games production in the first week of sales.

For me this isnt a big deal but It could be a sign that thy will be going in the wrong direction a few years into the future. They introduce this kinda thing in small steps until another game is destroyed by DLC. Not this time round but it seems to be headed that way. icon14.gif icon13.gif

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (jolzew1 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 21:08)

You beat me to it!

Yeah, vehicles and stuntplane challenges are sooo very similar to "sun roof, V8, and Navigation system ". Dude, this is clear ripoff.

I am not saying that things like bags and caps should have been in the vanilla game. Get that into your titanium thick skulls.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (renourish @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:23)
Why is everyone saying that they have actually ''cut'' parts from the game?
Maybe they are just adding stuff.

whatsthat.gif

You're right

As stated before there are people who look at things from the wrong side and that's why they can not look at it as a bonus
Or as another comment here saying this bonus could be in the DLC that comes out in 10 months
So my suggestion if you do not want to buy the package Enjoy the game as it is, believe me you will enjoy it wink.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

QUOTE (renourish @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:23)
Why is everyone saying that they have actually ''cut'' parts from the game?
Maybe they are just adding stuff.

whatsthat.gif

Oh yeah, I'm sure Rockstar just recently added in the Hotknife. sarcasm.gif

I feel ya' man. I would have never thought Rckstar would turn into a greedy company. And they knew we were not going to like this. As if the map size of Los Santos wasn't bad enough. Now we have to pre-order and purchase special versions of the game to get certain content. This is unacceptable. I will buy the special edition, but I am so disgustes in Rockstar right now.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

• Members

I guess they first started this with GTA IV itself. Parachutes being absent in the vanilla game ( a GTA game where we could be be on top of any building ) anyone?

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

sad thread, I'm going to cry..

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

user posted image

Seriously though I don't agree with the route they're taking, but I'll still spend 99,- euros on my CE. Just because I want the complete product.

NonToXIC
  • NonToXIC

GTA V.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:32)

I couldn't agree more. Here, have a cookie: cookie.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users