Photo

A sad day..

506 replies to this topic
YoungChrist
  • YoungChrist

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

I dont see why classic characters should be included in the game tbh. Im a little put off by them asking to pay extra for exclusive weapons though. And I doubt the only stunt challenges in the game will be in the special edition versions...

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (stee_vo @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:08)

R* has never done this before.

I think this is the real grievance here. R* was an oasis away from the typical marketing crap.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (stee_vo @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:08)

They did, with RDR.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Staten @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 18:12)

They did, with RDR.

No they didn't. It was with Max Payne 3. They didn't cut anything out of RDR other than the MP maps.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 19:15)

They did, with RDR.

No they didn't. It was with Max Payne 3. They didn't cut anything out of RDR other than the MP maps.

Then what about the Deadly Assassin, Savvy Merchant and Expert Hunter outfits, the War Horse, and the Golden Guns?

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (damian001 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 18:00)
Jesus f*cking Christ people, stop complaining about the blimp. Anyone remember the pre-order incentives from Red Dead Redemption? THEY WERE ALL RELEASED AS DLC LATER ON. How much are they each? One measly dollar guys. (80 pts MS store)

user posted image

If you don't pre-order the blimp on time, you'll be able to rebuy it in the future for $1 online.

Want to know the best part guys? I never used the Deadly Assassin or the Golden Guns pack either; even after I bought them. The blimp is gonna be slow as f*ck, everyone's gonna want to fly a faster plane anyways in V.

But you did use the war horse. The war horse was the best Pre-order DLC for Red Dead Redemption. Cause it really does help you. Deadly Assassin is good for people who need a little more help. Golden guns I feel is useless.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Staten @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 18:19)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 19:15)

They did, with RDR.

Then what about the Deadly Assassin, Savvy Merchant and Expert Hunter outfits, the War Horse, and the Golden Guns?

icon14.gif
People should have seen this coming.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

RDR's costumes were a neat little bonus, but nothing like the mess of content for MP3 and now this.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 19:47)
RDR's costumes were a neat little bonus, but nothing like the mess of content for MP3 and now this.

No, these are neat little bonuses too.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Rockstar turned heel.

Crowd: "BOoooooo..!! *You sold out!* *You sold out!* *You sold out!*.

R*: "I did not sell out.... I bought IN!"

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:14 PM Edited by damian001, 26 May 2013 - 07:47 PM.

QUOTE (redx165 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 10:22)
QUOTE (damian001 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 18:00)
Jesus f*cking Christ people, stop complaining about the blimp. Anyone remember the pre-order incentives from Red Dead Redemption? THEY WERE ALL RELEASED AS DLC LATER ON. How much are they each? One measly dollar guys. (80 pts MS store)

user posted image

If you don't pre-order the blimp on time, you'll be able to rebuy it in the future for $1 online.

Want to know the best part guys? I never used the Deadly Assassin or the Golden Guns pack either; even after I bought them. The blimp is gonna be slow as f*ck, everyone's gonna want to fly a faster plane anyways in V.

But you did use the war horse. The war horse was the best Pre-order DLC for Red Dead Redemption. Cause it really does help you. Deadly Assassin is good for people who need a little more help. Golden guns I feel is useless.

Even though the War Horse was the best overall horse in the game, there were still three top-tier horses you can use in Red Dead Redemption. You weren't really missing out. Besides, the American Standardbred was the fastest horse in the game, faster than the War Horse DLC.

Anyways the points I'm making are: The game was just as playable with or without the horse. And it was released later online for $1. Compare the War Horse to a Blimp. I don't really think anyone's going to miss out on the blimp THAT much.

ForumName
  • ForumName

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

I love how everyone hates EA for doing this kind of thing and everyone shouts they are selling an incomplete game yet when R* does it it is perfectly fine and all of the additional stuff is "post-development." In reality they are all one and the same.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by redx165, 26 May 2013 - 07:58 PM.

QUOTE (ForumName @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 19:53)
I love how everyone hates EA for doing this kind of thing and everyone shouts they are selling an incomplete game yet when R* does it it is perfectly fine and all of the additional stuff is "post-development." In reality they are all one and the same.

Half of these people are Rockstar fan boys that would suck Rockstar's d*ck if they told them too. There are a few here that are real gamers and know that this is wrong.

ALeSsAnDrO
  • ALeSsAnDrO

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (ForumName @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 20:53)

EA has been sh*tty in many more ways than this.
But really, who the hell cares about some extra weapon or mission or whatever?

This depends on the notion that people have of what's the finished game and what isn't.
I don't give a sh*t about DLC content. If the original game works without it, then THAT is the actual finished product, not some extra BS not required to anything.

People get way too worked up over this, because they see it as the developer withholding more content that should be there when the game goes gold.
To me, it's really extra content, that I won't want, because it never adds any significant change or relevance to the final product.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 19:07)
QUOTE (stee_vo @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:08)

I think this is the real grievance here. R* was an oasis away from the typical marketing crap.

Mmmmm, to be fair, they already did some "crap" with GTA. But AT LEAST they put effort and time in that "crap".

2001 - In GTA III they cut motorbike and airplanes... you really want to use them? well, with 60-70, you can have them back... in VICE CITY!

2008 - In GTA IV they cut half of the ending... no, I'm serious, if you just play the vanilla game , the diamond storyline and Bulgarin had no endings. And some people just appear out of nowhere with no backstory, to "force"you to buy the DLC... Wanna know the whole plot? Pay 30 and buy...EFLC! A (half)-FULL game with new storyline, music, cars, weapons etc...

2013 - In GTA V, you want the Full experience? Say goodbye to (something between 30 to 80...I don't know the price of the CE in Europe yet) and you can have... a couple of weapon, tattoos, 2 special veichles, 1 cheat and a bunch of old protagonist in multiplayer... and a bunch of stuffs not gameplay-related

You see the difference? They did some "cut" before, but the result was a totally new experience for less than the price of the Collector edition.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Group: Epsilonist

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (ALeSsAnDrO @ Monday, May 27 2013, 01:33)
QUOTE (ForumName @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 20:53)

EA has been sh*tty in many more ways than this.
But really, who the hell cares about some extra weapon or mission or whatever?

Half the forum does, as seen in the poll thread.

Zoidbergs_LV
  • Zoidbergs_LV

GTA5 >>> PC!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

OMG we will get them later with maybe some extra stuff for 5$. Big deal.

Hotband
  • Hotband

Loner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

And how is is this even surprising? We all knew this would happen.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (ForumName @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 19:53)

Egg-zackly! But in all fairness this is a GTA forum. It'd be like going to a Catholic forum and complaining about the inquisition: "OMG! zits not even like all the heretics r dead u whiners! If you don't like it then convert!"

Meezarawcks
  • Meezarawcks

You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

The way I see it:

This is a company that has given me great game oriented experiences time and time again. If they decide to package some extra stuff and charge me for it I am sure it will be of some worth. It took me forever to get Episodes DLC and I am ecstatically happy with them.

Yes yes I know the episodes were special and they wont do that again. I get that. My point is R* RARELY let me down so if they are trying to make a little money here....so be it.

Supernutz40
  • Supernutz40

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

After Max Payne 3 I fully expected this. It does suck IMO, DLC should be something to extend the life of the game in a new way or story. EFLC were the best DLC ever (for any game) IMO. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon wasn't exactly a DLC, but for about the same price you got a really great game. R* did release all the "exclusives" and DLC content for free to people who got the R* pass, might keep that in mind for V.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

I've just got one thing to say: WHO GIVES A sh*t? They paid more money for their edition, they get more things. I mean, I'd expect in-game content if I was putting down $150 on a video game. Besides, it wasn't cut from the game. They're adding content for the people who want the special and collector's editions. If they cut it, and were like EA, then it would be day 1 DLC, not packaged in with the better editions.

ALeSsAnDrO
  • ALeSsAnDrO

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (thatstupidbug @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 21:05)
2001 - In GTA III they cut motorbike and airplanes... you really want to use them? well, with 60-70, you can have them back... in VICE CITY!

2008 - In GTA IV they cut half of the ending... no, I'm serious, if you just play the vanilla game , the diamond storyline and Bulgarin had no endings. And some people just appear out of nowhere with no backstory, to "force"you to buy the DLC... Wanna know the whole plot? Pay 30 and buy...EFLC! A (half)-FULL game with new storyline, music, cars, weapons etc...

2013 - In GTA V, you want the Full experience? Say goodbye to (something between 30 to 80...I don't know the price of the CE in Europe yet) and you can have... a couple of weapon, tattoos, 2 special veichles, 1 cheat and a bunch of old protagonist in multiplayer... and a bunch of stuffs not gameplay-related

You see the difference? They did some "cut" before, but the result was a totally new experience for less than the price of the Collector edition.

That's extremely flawed logic.

Most sequels in the videogame industry expand upon the previous game, improve mechanics and add content. Are you somehow implying that R* should just cram in Vice City in GTA3 instead of releasing a new game?

It's not like i enjoy DLC, it's just that i don't see it as content cut out of the game, i see it as bonus content and that's it.
As long as it doesn't interfere with the main content (the game that i bought) i have no problem with it existing.

With each new console generation, videogames get more expensive to make. Many now have several multi-million budgets, similar to a big hollywood movie.

And the challenge for companies like R* (that isn't a juggernaut like EA is) is how to find revenue to cope with that. I'm ok with these "collector editions" because the content is generally irrelevant, i'm not missing out on much.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 20:55)
Half of these people are Rockstar fan boys that would suck Rockstar's d*ck if they told them too. There are a few here that are real gamers and know that this is wrong.

It's wrong yes however I'm going to support the thing I hate by buying them at a later date just because I want a "complete" game. The alternative? I don't buy the content and miss out just because of my pride.

For the record I'm a "real gamer". I've been gaming 20+ years but can't blame R* for the way they do this. R* are a business and if people buy the content then it's only common sense from a business standpoint to do this.

You are been ripped off you're completely right. You can always wait for the game of the year version to get the "full game" at a price you would be paying for a normal game. Personally I don't want to do that.

BeardedxMic
  • BeardedxMic

The Bearded Bastich.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:23)
QUOTE (wwinterj @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:23)
Max Payne 3 would like a word with you.

Exactly, this isn't new.

John Marston agrees. Or did no one play RDR, and its four DLC packs?

joyrider00
  • joyrider00

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

I don't care about that pre-order bulls*it. So what i dont get some extra stunt crap or get to fly a blimp?

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:25)
QUOTE (Pwned. @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 20:53)
Yes, it is such a disaster, omg like seriously they took out 1 car omg and a few challenges omg.

Anyways, why EA's direction? Dude this is the new STANDARD in gaming. Deal with it, you may not like it all but you cant change it.

Yes, I can't change it. I can also not change the fact that this is sad.

People who are paying 60$ are paying for an incomplete version of the game.

Define incomplete?
Define taking out?
What of stuff that gets taken out and never makes it back in?

Let's turn the argument around. People that pay for the special edition pay tens of dollars/euros extra for:
-access to a blimp (aka the slowest vehicle in game)
-a few slightly tweaked guns given a different model they had floating around (tons of content gets created that never makes the cut)
-a couple of extra stunt challenges (make up your own)
-a couple throwaway character models (same as with guns)
-useless promotional trinkets
-on the expensive one they usually throw in something of value, in this case the cap. But objects like that, deliberately made as collectibles suck anyway.

How is that, apart from the blimp, missing out on anything? Variety for the sake of variety doesn't add value. Stuff gets 'taken out' during design and development all the time. And that's a good thing.

That's real sh*tty value. It's more like a handout that rockstar gives to the people that are stupid enough to pay over twice the suggested retail value. They are like the people that win a fake gold watch at the fun fair and strut around with it like it's a rolex. And that's at launch.. the game's gonna be half price within a year.

Also, you're talking a couple of tenners.. that's one trip to the grocery store, half a night out..so what are you bitching about if you feel you're missing out?
And that same amount of money can send an aids orphan in africa to school for years or provide a village with water.. what the f*ck do you have to bitch about anyways barf8bd.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users