Photo

A sad day..

506 replies to this topic
Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:21 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 23 May 2013 - 06:27 PM.

May 23, 2013 marks the day when RockstarGames put their first foot forward in the direction that EA has been going in.

One of the last few consumer friendly companies, RockstarGames, has disgraced itself on this day. A day when they made it official that they have cut content from the original game.

The contents cut aren't just cosmetic stuff either. There are two gameplay elements cut:
  • Stunt challenges
  • Cars and other vehicles
  • Classic multiplayer characters.
  • Weapons.
Who knows how much more they have blatantly cut from the vanilla game?

This is just..sad.

@The butthurt dwellers who are butthurt due to my post:
  • I will buy the game. So stop saying, "OMG DONT BUY DA GAEME!!!11" crap.
  • Stop talking about the humanitarian issues ffs. I am talking about videogames. Might I remind you about the fact that we or on a gameforum?

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Max Payne 3 would like a word with you.

BattleExel
  • BattleExel

New account: Valwin

• Members

Why is everyone saying that they have actually ''cut'' parts from the game?
Maybe they are just adding stuff.

whatsthat.gif

Pwned.
  • Pwned.

Official newbie

• Members

Yes, it is such a disaster, omg like seriously they took out 1 car omg and a few challenges omg.

Anyways, why EA's direction? Dude this is the new STANDARD in gaming. Deal with it, you may not like it all but you cant change it.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:23)

Exactly, this isn't new.

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

A little bit overreacting?? confused.gif

Act like your signature dude! biggrin.gif

UncleD
  • UncleD

Don't worry guys, soon the wait will be all Ogre

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by UncleD, 23 May 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Completely agree.

Although I still love GTA and will still buy GTA 5, I'm disappointed they're not giving people who pay 60 books for a game the entire game. Special addition should include cosmetic stuff and real life merchandise. Hopefully these things will be part of some sh*tty future DLC.

EDIT: Sad thing is I'm probably going to be seduced by the special addition. I heard its only 30 euro more.

The Milkman
  • The Milkman

"I'm just picking mushrooms and berries."

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Red Dead Redemption, too.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Pwned. @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 20:53)
Yes, it is such a disaster, omg like seriously they took out 1 car omg and a few challenges omg.

Anyways, why EA's direction? Dude this is the new STANDARD in gaming. Deal with it, you may not like it all but you cant change it.

Yes, I can't change it. I can also not change the fact that this is sad.

People who are paying 60$ are paying for an incomplete version of the game.

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

I agree.

Next thing is that when you driving down the highway in GTA untill suddely the game stop and places you in the DLC store to pay for that part of the map. tounge.gif :p

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

QUOTE (renourish @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 17:23)
Why is everyone saying that they have actually ''cut'' parts from the game?
Maybe they are just adding stuff.

whatsthat.gif

Yeah, but you have to be honest that it looks like that. If these additions were added later in a DLC, sure. But they are gonna be on Day one as well.. only if you pay more for these extras.

Not really a good move by R* - at least other publishers are even worse I would say.

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers

• Members
  • Netherlands

I don't really like it, but as long as they keep making awesome games I'm ok with it. I'm hoping we are not getting 'stuff' packs like Saints Row or Just Cause

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Drama queen.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Right, because it's not like most if not all special/collectors editions of games contain some extra in-game content.

DuPz0r
  • DuPz0r

The One & Only

• Members
  • None

These things will all be available after the initial release anyway, so what's the point in bitching? RDR had it, and i had no problem downloading the extra things afterwards.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

The stupidness here is so damn high...

They are not cutting content from the game. This is ADDITIONAL content, you won't miss it if you buy the standard edition. You buy it if you f*cking WANT IT. No one is pointing a gun at your head telling you to buy it.

If you don't like Rockstar anymore because they are not a friendly-company, go play some flash games. They are for free. icon14.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Come on guys, if you couldn't see this coming then I've no sympathy.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (The Milkman @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:24)

Red Dead Redemption, too.

Yep. All the in game items will be avaible to everyone at some point. Don't like it? Wait for a game of the year version or buy the game in a sale and then buy the in-game items later. This isn't a problem or anything new.

Carmelo2
  • Carmelo2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Its just the way how the industry is, times change and companies need to adapt to the market.

End of the day R* are a business first, with a main goal of generating revenue. If every other company is charging for extra gameplay content and R* isnt, they will fall behind. It's just a case of keeping up.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

QUOTE (Eagles @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:27)

They are not cutting content from the game. This is ADDITIONAL content, you won't miss it if you buy the standard edition. You buy it if you f*cking WANT IT. No one is pointing a gun at your head telling you to buy it.

If you don't like Rockstar anymore because they are not a friendly-company, go play some flash games. They are for free. icon14.gif

You beat me to it!

OP is clearly one of the biggest retards on these fourms.

OP stated that 10% of the game is cut from the game, because of additional DLC added POST development(most likely)

I LAUGH AT YOU, YOU DUMB f*ck

BattleExel
  • BattleExel

New account: Valwin

• Members

QUOTE (Maglev @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:25)
I agree.

Next thing is that when you driving down the highway in GTA untill suddely the game stop and places you in the DLC store to pay for that part of the map. tounge.gif :p

That would be the most f*cked up thing I've ever experienced.

Pwned.
  • Pwned.

Official newbie

• Members

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:25)
QUOTE (Pwned. @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 20:53)

Yes, I can't change it. I can also not change the fact that this is sad.

People who are paying 60$ are paying for an incomplete version of the game.

What I was trying to say is that every game does this and they will continue to do it; be happy they didnt make extra missions or sh*t you can only get by pre ordering. Also it's additional content they could have just not made it and you wouldnt have noticed shizzle.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Eagles @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 20:57)

Yes. I "f*cking want it".

I sure as sh*t will get the "Damn, I could have got a lot more features too. But it is not for the 60$ I paid.." feeling when I play it. I mean, yes, the aren't that big. But neither is a usual itch, for example, of the skin. But isn't that irritating?

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Is it REALLY Rockstar that is doing this out of their own way? Or is it their publisher begging them to do this? We've seen this already with Metro Last Light's difficulty DLC, they said their publisher made them push it out as a DLC.

Can't really blame them, it was going to happen eventually, actually they've been doing this for years already. L.A Noire, Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption, V.

LA CLIPPERS
  • LA CLIPPERS

What up, blood? What up, cause? What up, blood? What up, Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

cry me a f*cking river.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:31 PM Edited by damian001, 23 May 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Did OP never play GTA IV? He seems to forgot we had 2 CHARACTERS as DLC, including an attack chopper, more cars, more weapons, the parachute, a few more races, NOS, the list could go on.

user posted image

user posted image

Vortexz0r
  • Vortexz0r

I dont care.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

first they kiss Rockstargames Asses now they hating? Whats happening lol?

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Pwned. @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:23)

Sorry were not all 12 years old to enjoy this sh*tty ass "STANDARD".
"Back in my day" you got what you f*cking payed for. No installments, no extra fee. 'Get your sh*t and get out'.

It's like you'd have to pay $10 when you go to see the original Mona Lisa painting.

But her nose is covered up with a napkin, and a dude is standing beside the painting going: "Wanna see her nose? Gotta pay extra!"

"new STANDARD" my ass. More like BULL-f*ckING-HORSEsh*t.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

This list looks familiar. I think they leaked this awhile ago so I'm not surprised.

Elyobo893
  • Elyobo893

Good Catholic Boy

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:21)
May 23, 2013 marks the day when RockstarGames put their first foot forward in the direction that EA has been going in.

One of the last few consumer friendly companies, RockstarGames, has disgraced itself on this day. A day when they made it official that they have cut content from the original game.

The contents cut aren't just cosmetic stuff either. There are two gameplay elements cut:
  • Stunt challenges
  • Cars and other vehicles
  • Classic multiplayer characters.
  • Weapons.
Who knows how much more they have blatantly cut from the vanilla game?

This is just..sad.

They actually said additional stunt challenges. So there will still be stunt challenges in the retail version. There is only one car as a bonus. Also, it will all be DLC two months after the release date. It is not a sad day for R*. They did this with LA Noire, RDR, and MP3. It's the norm with R*.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users