I am wondering if my pc is good enough.

4 replies to this topic
GTAclown
  • GTAclown

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hello everybody here!
I am wondering if my pc is high, mid or low end because I have absolutely no clue and would appreciate if someone could tell me.
When that question is answered I would like to know what would be my best settings and/or the best enb/timecyc mod.

Now my pc that the GTA IV benchmark told me I have
Hardware
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Video Driver version: 320.00
Audio Adapter: Speakers (2- C-Media USB Audio Device )
Intel® Celeron® CPU G530 @ 2.40GHz

Thanks in advance,

GTAclown

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

What is your Ram?
Is that a 32-bit OS OR a 64-bit OS?

However, your processor is below minimum for the game, as it is single-core(a weak processor at that) and the game needs at least a strong Dual Core(Core2Duo) Or better. Video card is fine for the game.

However, IF you wish to upgrade, you *might* have to upgrade the motherboard as well(which would more than likely mean you would have to upgrade the ram too-if you have DDR1 or DDr2 ram) as DDr3 is pretty much what the motherboards use now a days.?

GTAclown
  • GTAclown

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 19:39)
What is your Ram?
Is that a 32-bit OS OR a 64-bit OS?

However, your processor is below minimum for the game, as it is single-core(a weak processor at that) and the game needs at least a strong Dual Core(Core2Duo) Or better. Video card is fine for the game.

However, IF you wish to upgrade, you *might* have to upgrade the motherboard as well(which would more than likely mean you would have to upgrade the ram too-if you have DDR1 or DDr2 ram) as DDr3 is pretty much what the motherboards use now a days.?

Thanks replying smile.gif

RAM is 8GB and it is a 64-bit OS.

Upgrading is not a choice since it's my dad's pc and I'm 16 so I haven't got the money to buy and/or upgrade to a better pc.

But do you have any tips like on what settings I should play and maybe a enb or visual mod? I would love to play GTA smooth with good looks because I'm ALL about graphics. But I guess my pc can't run GTA IV smooth WITH kinda good graphics?

Thanks a lot man!

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Mods add extra resource usage to the PC, so on that Processor, it is not a good idea to use mods..

About the settings, low to medium should give around 20-25 fps...? You can try commandlines-more about that Here in this Pinned topic.. IF you can get 25fps without mods, you are lucky, as IV is very processor intensive game...

Alternatively, IF you wish to have mods AND smooth gameplay, go for GTA III(same city-Liberty City), just a little older game..OR try Vice City OR San Andreas..those will work great on that PC with mods. smile.gif

GTAclown
  • GTAclown

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, May 24 2013, 19:44)
Mods add extra resource usage to the PC, so on that Processor, it is not a good idea to use mods..

About the settings, low to medium should give around 20-25 fps...? You can try commandlines-more about that Here in this Pinned topic.. IF you can get 25fps without mods, you are lucky, as IV is very processor intensive game...

Alternatively, IF you wish to have mods AND smooth gameplay, go for GTA III(same city-Liberty City), just a little older game..OR try Vice City OR San Andreas..those will work great on that PC with mods. smile.gif

I am now running with some scripts an enb and some stock gta iv vehicles modded like the ones from Cromchen en Niada (I think it was)

I'm also running on textures high and i get like 20-25 fps so I'm happy now. I am jusing a commandline.

Going back to those games is not a choice I love San Andreas a lot but I don't really like it since the cars drive almost the same as every other car in that game.

Do you maybe have some more car mod tips like the one from Cromchen?

Anyway thanks a lot for your help!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users