Quantcast

» «
Photo

Ok, so which edition are you gonna get?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
567 replies to this topic

Poll: Which version are you gonna buy? (1488 member(s) have cast votes)

Which version are you gonna buy?

1. Standard ($60) (386 votes [28.30%])

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

2. Special ($80) (428 votes [31.38%])

Percentage of vote: 31.38%

3. Collectors ($150) (550 votes [40.32%])

Percentage of vote: 40.32%

Vote
ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

I did

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:15)
Too many kids on here upset that their mommy won't buy the CE for them so they bash who can afford it.

Obvious troll is obvious. lol.gif

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (shadyslady @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:20)
QUOTE (Zancudo @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:09)
I'm gonna go Standard. Special and Collector's Editions are for idiots.

I'm looking forward to see how people will talk about it once this sh*t is out.
I'm going standard, too. And I'll bet it will be satisfying.
So anyone who wants the bag, cap and map, etc shall go and buy this.
And I'm looking forward for ya'll to come here and say that the f*cking blimp or jet trials, or, the ridiculous flame-shirt Trevor wears are making the game better. lol.gif

Same for the multiplayer skins. I mean, sure, funny to have Niko Bellic as a multiplayer skin. But I don't need that.
I remember getting that exclusive multiplayer skin when hitting RANK10 in GTA IV...but I never use it. Same in Max Payne 3.
Also, I think Rockstar will heavily put additional stuff online, cars, clothes, weapons.

I don't agree with the absurd price of the Collector's edition but it's clear you're using your posts make everyone feel like sh*t for buying what they want because YOU can't afford it. Get over yourself and give up. You're not fooling anyone, so stop spamming with your bullsh*t.

Johan
  • Johan

Keep it 8 more than 92, 100.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:08)
QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:03)
Anyone who does get the CE is a idiot, pathetic child that doesn't know the value of money.

Fixed biggrin.gif

Just for that I'll buy 2 more copies of the Collectors Edition with my birthday money, just because you hate seeing people "waste" their money without thinking wink.gif

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:19)
Too many kids on here upset that their mommy won't buy the CE for them so they bash who can afford it.

Nope, I bet the majority of people are in this predicament.

Kwabs
  • Kwabs

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

I just pre-ordered the Special Edition. I wanted the CE, but let's be honest, it's just too damn expensive and so not worth the money. Unless you really are a collector ofcourse.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:35 PM Edited by Audiophile, 31 May 2013 - 09:40 PM.

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:21)
QUOTE (Audiophile @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:19)

Nope, I bet the majority of people are in this predicament.

I'm not. I'm 20 years old and live on my own. I don't depend on my "mommy" for anything.

I could have bought the CE but I've already purchased Rome 2 for September and to be honest I don't need the hat or the duffel bag. I don't see myself wearing any of that in public. Went with the SE simply because it suits my needs better and I don't see the point in paying $50 + more if I won't even give a second look to the hat and so forth. I was tempted by the CE but I didn't go for it simply because I don't need it and already have a number of games on pre-order for September which I'd rather spend my money on than dishing out money for stuff I won't need.

The guys in this thread bashing people because those people have decided to buy the non-standard editions need to STFU. It's none of your business how people spend their money.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:35)
The guys in this thread bashing people because those people have decided to buy the non-standard editions need to STFU. It's none of your business how people spend their money.

Right but that goes both ways...don't bash me for buying the CE and I won't bash your for buying the standard.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Friday, May 31 2013, 23:24)
QUOTE (Audiophile @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:35)

Right but that goes both ways...don't bash me for buying the CE and I won't bash your for buying the standard.

Dude I was saying the same thing. You misunderstood me probably because I wasn't that clear and classed the SE and CE as "special editions" AKA "non-standard" so basically the SE and CE.

I was saying that that those people who bought the standard need to leave the people who bought the special editions alone. By special editions I meant the special edition and the collectors. I wasn't bashing you, bro. Was just saying that the people that didn't buy the other editions and went with the standard need to leave the others alone because it's none of their business how people spend their money.

And I agree it does go both ways. People shouldn't bash each other for what edition of the game they decided to buy.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

Agreed...I am not buying the CE because of a hat...I don't wear hats...I am getting it for the custom online stuff.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 01:24)
Agreed...I am not buying the CE because of a hat...I don't wear hats...I am getting it for the custom online stuff.

yeah cool. get it. and everyone else who wants it should get it, too. But I definitely won't. And guess what? I'm not dependant on my mommy and actually got enough paper to purchase that sh*t. Still, I won't.

Niko Bellic and others as a multiplayer skin? Hell I don't need it. If I cause mayhem as some random multiplayer character or someone familiar, who gives a f*ck?

The Hotrod? Please. I've already seen more cars than I can probably store in my garage.
The blimp? lol. Definitely not needed.
Guns? Have you seen them guns in the videos and screens? Already enough.

Plane trials? dozingoff.gif

And the map, bag, hat...I wouldn't run around with that sh*t.
Further I believe all that online sh*t will be available via PSN later anyway. Despite I wouldn't want it even then.

S.A. Lowell
  • S.A. Lowell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

I almost always buy special and collectors editions and have both preordered but they look extremely underwhelming for the prices. Seems like they'll be the most disappointing CEs/SEs I've ever bought D=. I might end up cancelling and replacing one or both of them with the regular edition since they won't really be adding anything of interest to my collection.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (shadyslady @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 14:23)
QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 01:24)

yeah cool. get it. and everyone else who wants it should get it, too. But I definitely won't. And guess what? I'm not dependant on my mommy and actually got enough paper to purchase that sh*t. Still, I won't.

Niko Bellic and others as a multiplayer skin? Hell I don't need it. If I cause mayhem as some random multiplayer character or someone familiar, who gives a f*ck?

The Hotrod? Please. I've already seen more cars than I can probably store in my garage.
The blimp? lol. Definitely not needed.
Guns? Have you seen them guns in the videos and screens? Already enough.

Plane trials? dozingoff.gif

And the map, bag, hat...I wouldn't run around with that sh*t.
Further I believe all that online sh*t will be available via PSN later anyway. Despite I wouldn't want it even then.

Do you hate puppies and sunshine also?

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

== Angels of Death - Founder

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'm gettin' the CE, 'cause it's really not that much money if you ain't a welfare bum

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Big_Mitch_Baker @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 11:00)
I'm gettin' the CE, 'cause it's really not that much money if you ain't a welfare bum

I agree with this, I have a job, I get paid. My wife and I are going to see Superman in 2 weeks and we will spend around $60-70 and that is only 2 hrs of entertainment. V will be 4-5 yrs of entertainment so dropping $150 is a no brainer.

SmithInGtaV
  • SmithInGtaV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

Personally im getting the standerd one as i think the collectors are rather pricey and im just to poor to get them lol moto_whistle.gif

feestaap1
  • feestaap1

the son I always wanted

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

special edition! CE costs too much for what you get in return in my opinion

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 14:20)
QUOTE (Big_Mitch_Baker @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 11:00)

I agree with this, I have a job, I get paid. My wife and I are going to see Superman in 2 weeks and we will spend around $60-70 and that is only 2 hrs of entertainment. V will be 4-5 yrs of entertainment so dropping $150 is a no brainer.

Yeah have fun, we don't give a sh*t what you and your wife will do. :-) We're talking about the CE/SE/Standard Edition here, not your personal life.

Have fun throwing money uselessly around. smile.gif I am not jealous by the way, I was on the verge of ordering the CE, but then I opened my eyes and realised, it's not worth the sh*t they put in. Good job. (Y) I hope the gaming industry will fail soon.

diss86
  • diss86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

I always want the full of the full the collector's edition man!

DerpErDerp
  • DerpErDerp

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Getting ce.. don't care because I never pay for games. I'm a pirate...and Im still going to pirate gta v. Affer Paying 149.99 I have no guilt about doing it.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Went into EB yesterday to preorder the Special Edition, and that they only had ordered 50 of them. So anyone who had already ordered the Collector's and couldn't get it (they're operating by an "first in best dressed" policy) would be offered the Special. Supposedly I'm number 2 on the list for Special's if they're not all sold. Oh god I hope that someone doesn't get their's.

Development
  • Development

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Standard

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Bull12345Bull @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 12:55)
I'm getting the Special Edition... The Collector's is totally not worth the money

exactly this. The blue print I will frame and hang, the lockbox I can put on a shelf. Dont know what Id do with a bank pouch and though the hat is cool those two things are not worth an extra $70 to me. The in-game stuff the CE gives I dont care about.

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (EDSTEROK @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 13:56)
I'm getting the Special Edition... The Collector's is totally not worth the money

exactly this. The blue print I will frame and hang, the lockbox I can put on a shelf. Dont know what Id do with a bank pouch and though the hat is cool those two things are not worth an extra $70 to me. The in-game stuff the CE gives I dont care about.

Ooow frame the blueprint map, good idea tounge.gif icon14.gif

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

So, this poll says most of the people will get Collectors Edition more than Standard, what the hell? So the standard edition is not standard anymore, because then the Collectors Edition is the standard one !

Gunjahfarma
  • Gunjahfarma

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

I hate this special/Colectors edition crap, why you do that R*... anyway i bought the SE

TripleRob
  • TripleRob

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

The standard edition is for the rest of the world, that are not members of a gta forum. It's for the people that hear about the game the week of release. For the the people that just don't care about the CE edition or SE. It's for the people that just can't see spending more then 60 dollars for a game.

Bonfy
  • Bonfy

Friendly Neighborhood Super-Mario

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

At first I wanted to get the Special Edition, but then I realized that having the special ability boost and free weapons at stores would feel a bit like cheating, so I decided to get the standard edition and get the other stuff later when it will be released as DLC.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (TripleRob @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 14:28)
The standard edition is for the rest of the world, that are not members of a gta forum. It's for the people that hear about the game the week of release. For the the people that just don't care about the CE edition or SE. It's for the people that just can't see spending more then 60 dollars for a game.

Or for the people who do not like being f*cked. $80 for the SE and $120 for the CE is a rip off. All the DLC will be availiable on XBM and PSN, at a late date, for a much more reasonable price.

Fraizer
  • Fraizer

inconsistent prick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (EDSTEROK @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 09:56)

I am now feeling the same. I have the CE pre-ordered and paid for at Gamestop, but after the initial wow factor wore off, I kept questioning whether it is actually worth it and came to the conclusion that it is not. I can live without the physical stuff as I have no idea what I would do with that stuff cause anytime I try to collect stuff and display it somehow it just ends up sitting in a cabinet gathering dust. The digital content just isn't that great to me once I start thinking about everything else that will be in single player and multiplayer, the vehicles, the guns, the customizable multiplayer character items, etc... that will all be brand new to me anyway.

I am gonna switch my preorder from the CE to the special edition, pay $10 more and get a 2nd special edition for my brother so we can shoot the sh*t out of each other online. So thats +1 to the special edition and -1 from the collectors edition on the poll. lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users