Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Map Partly Revealed + New Screenshots

1,102 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of the city? (1500 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of the city?

1. It's small! (414 votes [30.94%])

Percentage of vote: 30.94%

2. It's big! (924 votes [69.06%])

Percentage of vote: 69.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Steven Ride
  • Steven Ride

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Almost certainly not the entire city and definitely not the whole map. Why are we all so upset again?

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (gta_rulez @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:57)
So I've just cancelled my pre-order because I don't want this game anymore. The map is too f*cking small and I'm not a dlc slave. Roctivision sad.gif

you just went full retard.

Stoic Intrusion
  • Stoic Intrusion

Nietzschean

• Members

QUOTE (GTA Adicted @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:57)
QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:56)
QUOTE (GTA Adicted @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:54)
Also, we don't know if the scale of the blueprint map is the correct size, it could be zoomed in on LS. To not give away too much details

Enough with the "ZOOM OUT" bullsh*t

Los santos is smaller than LC , so deal with it.

Stop trolling and browse a few pages back, someone already posted a comparison with IV in it, and it's actually around the same size

yea around the same size just smaller so he is right.

stux56
  • stux56

Vice City Busdriver

• Members

QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:56)
QUOTE (GTA Adicted @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:54)
Also, we don't know if the scale of the blueprint map is the correct size, it could be zoomed in on LS. To not give away too much details

Enough with the "ZOOM OUT" bullsh*t

Los santos is smaller than LC , so deal with it.

Pure speculation on your part... We have no idea what the scale is in this image. Please don't pass off your opinion as fact.

totalbender
  • totalbender

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

hmm looks big enough for a what will probably be quite a detailed environment filled with ai life all streaming in at the same time on old hardware. i think i see a dick shape in the roads.

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:52)
I'm still baffled. Los Santos looks pretty small. And it's not only the size that annoys me. Look at the size of East Los Santos and South Los Santos. I- I... I'm lost for words. cryani.gif I'm pretty disappointed. I know the map is big with the countryside, but the city is the soul of a GTA for me. This is too small, even if it is detailed. No Orange County, no huge suburbs, crappy freeways, small downtown, smaller than believable East Los Santos...
Rockstar, I'm disappointed.

Exactly, east LA goes on for miles. I imagined they would try to recreate more of the residential areas and the suburbs. Instead, the urban area just seems to come to an abrupt stop. It just all feels a little bit PS2, a city that could be crossed in a matter of minutes, and no residential areas (just making massive assumptions/guesses though!!)

psybient
  • psybient

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (psybient @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:54)
haven't you guys noticed this area on the atomic blimp new screen: the lake with small island in it

user posted image

up!

StepY0gameUP
  • StepY0gameUP

Overdose on Confidence

• Members

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:57)
QUOTE (StepY0gameUP @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 08:51)
Who said this was LS? oh that's right no one did. OP just combined what we saw of the map. That being said this can be any part of blaine county. So before we make judgement let's wait till the map is actually revealed. This complaining on how big the map is, is just retarded b.c we don't know but what I do know is rockstar doesn't disappoint. They may make changes and tells us no customization and then later add it but if the map is said to be huge or bigger than rdr and liberty city than it will be. It's not like they will downsize the map for any reason. And honestly does it matter were going to still buy the game and enjoy it regardless how big or small.

D- wow! rolleyes.gif What the hell are you smoking? Okay, whatever you say.

Can you do me a favor since I'm smoking lol what's other cities are part of blaine county do you know.? Can you confirm to me that L.S is the only city I know it's the major one. And can you give me the source like everyone else asks for that states that map that op combine is all of LS. Like I said you don't know a Damn thing. So instead of being so gullible have an open mind. what are you on crack?

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

I dont get any of this complaining.

First of all I knew it wasn't going to be HUGE, but large enough.

And if the city is detailed and looks pretty, the size doesn't matter to much then.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Lol.. why the F did R* reveal the entire LS......... confused.gif

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

FourTwoZero

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (zainzombie @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:09)

That's what I'm thinking too. There has to be something else BIG that rockstar is hiding, not necessarily another city but there is something...

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

they didnt scale it properly on the collectors/special edition role up image. its computer generated and not a photo taking of the rolled up map.

and who on earth rolls up a map with the actual map on the outside?

i dont even think that its Los santos they're showing. likely to be another town in V. i mean 3 x RDR its meant to be... this doesnt look like. R* are confusing us.

psybient
  • psybient

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (kb2084 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:14)
they didnt scale it properly on the collectors/special edition role up image. its computer generated and not a photo taking of the rolled up map.

i dont even think that its Los santos they're showing. likely to be another town in V. i mean 3 x RDR its meant to be... this doesnt look like. R* are confusing us.

hey did any one seen my post??? wth! look its real
user posted image

LeeH1989
  • LeeH1989

Ex Crew Member Of Micheal's...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Lmfao at these people complaining about the map size, which isnt the full map !

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:13)
QUOTE (zainzombie @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:09)

That's what I'm thinking too. There has to be something else BIG that rockstar is hiding, not necessarily another city but there is something...

[speculate modus]Or what if this isn't the true map at all but a placeholder.... Meh, on the other hand... One preview said the map in our mapping thread did look a lot at the true V map, and to be honest... I can see the similarities in this blueprint map

metalphill
  • metalphill

Player Hater

• Members

It's like no one has ever seen a real life map of Los Angeles... It's very similar just in case you were wondering, and Los Angles is HUGE.

"Never go full retard".

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Los Santos is big Enough for me.

MetalGrand
  • MetalGrand

Hail To The King

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Some of you are guys are stupid as sh*t. The map is about the same size as Liberty City, and thats not small compared to how little of the map they revealed. Stop your bitching.

jolzew1
  • jolzew1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Some of the responses in this thread are hysterical...R* are liars, the map is tiny etc etc lololol..... Do you really think they would go on record too many times to count giving the specific size of the map in comparison to the other games, touting how big it is as one of the highlights of their accomplishments just to lie and be proven liars when the game gets released?????????????? LOLOLOL....yep, you must be right, I'm sure they did that lolol.... suicidal.gif

StepY0gameUP
  • StepY0gameUP

Overdose on Confidence

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (kb2084 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:14)

Exactly ppl think the map is the only city/town and the rest will be all mountains. And I'm not here to say that it might just be but understand rockstar isn't going to reveal everything especially not on a collector's edition poster. If it was liberty city u think they would display all of broker dukes Algonquin and alderney and happiness island no it would prob display just Algonquin. Relax the map will be like they said huge and bigger 3.5times. I take their word before anyone here that hasn't made a game before who isn't exactly sure what the proper scale is or how to read maps since most sh*t today is gps. Lol no one here is a professional geographic reader.

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by CalgaryJay, 23 May 2013 - 02:36 PM.

You guys are crazy! That map looks awesome! I love the detail and look of the map itself too, it pretty much makes my pants tight. Gamers (at least the internets version) are so funny, just never happy, ever.

Also keep in mind how spread out L.A. is. To get to Santa Monica from say, Hollywood or Beverly Hills, you're on coastal highways for a long time, the city is incredibly spread out with lots of rural areas in between. In other words, we're not seeing all of the L.S. part of the map there methinks. This game is going to be huge!

EDIT: And as mentioned no-one has any idea what the scale of the map is.

SNIT01
  • SNIT01

MR

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Looks like the blue print map only shows main roads.

BiggieSmalls
  • BiggieSmalls

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

looking good.

5000 Staples
  • 5000 Staples

Skadooooosh

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

When you're standing on a road while playing the game that's when you will truly see the size of the map.

You can look at a map in real life of London and say its small because it fits in your back pocket - doesn't mean London is small. Some comments on this thread are baffling.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

Now i see a part of the map,i wanna see the whole map.

It's such a tease. For me personally it won't ruin the surprise for me.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (LA CLIPPERS @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 09:20)
QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:16)
This looks small. All this time and this' what we gwt? Then, they charge us to fly the blimp? small map = shooting the sheep in a barrel = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If it's really small, this game will flop. Now I'm worried. What the hell has happened to these people? Oh yeah. greed.

wow you'r an complete idiot how is this small? its pretty much the same size as liberty city? you have absolutely no clue what your talking about at all.

Idiot? lol.gif No, I live in reality.
For what is known, it's small. Take away the huge mountains and water and it can get really small fast. Unless R* are hiding something, it isn't gonna be that huge.

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Lol, now you guys want to complain about the map size. Remember that thread I created saying that Rockstar should have focused more on the land content instead of adding the underwater part?

Well I am guessing that you guys are wishing that what they added to the underwater should have been added to the land.

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (MajesticJazz @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:36)
Lol, now you guys want to complain about the map size. Remember that thread I created saying that Rockstar should have focused more on the land content instead of adding the underwater part?

Well I am guessing that you guys are wishing that what they added to the underwater should have been added to the land.

No thanks I'm absolutely fine with it

GTAV92
  • GTAV92

Gamemaster

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:33)

TBH they have ruined it already for me, i am very disappointed and because we have to still wait a couple of months what are the bets we will see the rest of the map, ( maybe getting leaked , or rockstar just showing the whole map! )

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (GTAV92 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:39)
QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:33)

TBH they have ruined it already for me, i am very disappointed and because we have to still wait a couple of months what are the bets we will see the rest of the map, ( maybe getting leaked , or rockstar just showing the whole map! )

You ruin it for yourself, you know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users