Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Map Partly Revealed + New Screenshots

1,102 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of the city? (1500 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of the city?

1. It's small! (414 votes [30.94%])

Percentage of vote: 30.94%

2. It's big! (924 votes [69.06%])

Percentage of vote: 69.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Cysiek
  • Cysiek

1+1=69

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:31 PM Edited by Cysiek, 06 June 2013 - 12:34 PM.

QUOTE (ShadowKillerITA @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 19:55)
QUOTE (Fabio206 @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 17:48)
I hope you will enjoy our work smile.gif
Click on the image for full resolution:

user posted image

f*ck watermarks angry.gif
small inscription on the bottom right wasn't enough?

whoever did this screwed up the stadium.

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Glenni91 @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 20:50)
If you compare this to True Crime: Streets of LA, True Crime: NYC, or Just cause, and Just Cause 2's landmass.. Then yes, you could say Los Santos will be pretty small, even with the countryside.

But when you think about it, what was the main jarring thing with all these games?

Lifeless, bland, repetive maps. Sure, you could drive for forever around Manhattan in True Crime: NYC. But was it fun? Not really, every street felt the same, you'd get lost, and with so many streets; the city map was hopeless as a guide.

You could drive/fly/sail for forever in Just Cause 2, but did the map feel very immersive? Some parts yes, but for most parts it felt quite bland.

What all these games have in common is that they put too much focus on giving you the most size, over quality.

I'd much rather see R* doing what they do now, than an overly huge city, that felt huge - but boring.

Think about it, is it really that fun to drive around endless neighbourhoods of the same houses, for street upon street, upon street, upon street?

Maybe I'm one of the crazy ones, but all though GTA IV could have been more exciting story wise, at least Liberty City felt really immersive, the layout, the streets, everything down to the occasional cobblestone showing through the asphalt showed such dedication to detail, I've yet to see in any other game city, sure the size was smaller than GTA SA, but in comparison the cities in those games just felt like a hodgepodge of buildings littered around roads.

I kept my expectations for Los Santos itself realistic. A city roughly the size of GTA IV's landmass, or playable area, with a little more sprawl, I'm perfectly happy with that, judging by the map revealed so far, it mostly just looks like the main streets are that visible anyway.

Yes, I know Los Angeles is f*cking huge in real life, but 60% of it isn't very interesting. Unless you really have a fetish for houses looking the same everywhere, and cookie cutter monotony?

With our current gen graphics, GTA V's map, as it looks will be just within reason, if they made it bigger, they'd have to remove a lot of the detail, and things that actually add visual interest to the cities, and surrounding countryside. You could also end up with an incredibly laggy, and buggy map.

You know this is one of the better posts I have read on the subject.

Quality > Quantity

What we do know is that it's going to be bigger than what we have experienced before. We also know it's going to be highly detailed. People need to ease up on pooping their pants.
Makes me wish that R* would just unveil the map and be done with it.

Mr.Paper
  • Mr.Paper

hello

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

this is fking gay bro, rockstar showing us little snippets of map like that dangling it in our faces. They're probably laughing right now at the chaos they just stirred up on the web about the size of the city. THis is really bumming me out I wanted a big city, san fierro, and las venturas and a big desert to play around in, but now i have feeling that we're not gonna get any of that. just a whole bunch of fking desert and one small city. i mean wtf am i going to do with so much countryside? asnd whats the point of even putting airplanes in the games if the ere is only going to be one airport? what are they going to put an airport in the middle of fking nowhere in the countryside? it's official gta V is going to be a flop, Im not going to buy this, imma wait till it's 30 bucks at walmart. I mean it was a fking lie, just a bunch of lies, telling us that the game will exceed our expectations and sh*t. man i fking hate it when companies do that. Man f*ck rockstar and f*ck GTA I f*cking hate this bullsh*t.

LibSity
  • LibSity

Genetically Superior

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Paper @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 03:00)
this is fking gay bro, rockstar showing us little snippets of map like that dangling it in our faces. They're probably laughing right now at the chaos they just stirred up on the web about the size of the city. THis is really bumming me out I wanted a big city, san fierro, and las venturas and a big desert to play around in, but now i have feeling that we're not gonna get any of that. just a whole bunch of fking desert and one small city. i mean wtf am i going to do with so much countryside? asnd whats the point of even putting airplanes in the games if the ere is only going to be one airport? what are they going to put an airport in the middle of fking nowhere in the countryside? it's official gta V is going to be a flop, Im not going to buy this, imma wait till it's 30 bucks at walmart. I mean it was a fking lie, just a bunch of lies, telling us that the game will exceed our expectations and sh*t. man i fking hate it when companies do that. Man f*ck rockstar and f*ck GTA I f*cking hate this bullsh*t.

SOCIAL DARWINISM TAKE THIS SACRIFICE

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Actually this is a pure opinion. But I think the game will be great. Even without Fierro or Venturas.
That's the thing with a monopoly like Rockstar. They dominate the market considering an outstanding series like GTA. And they do what THEY want, not what we want.
They might consider some ideas, then again, we're all humans and might share some ideas.

I'm glad some competitor like Watch Dogs came up and might offer a little diversity.
We'll see.

Rios44
  • Rios44

Worth the wait

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

I think the city is actually the perfect size but the size of the map is going to make the city looks smaller than it actually does. People who have played the demo all have said the city felt huge. Add to the fact that we will probably have way more interactive buildings in V than IV did.. it's going to feel even bigger. The land mass of the mountains and all that is going to make the city look smaller too once we see the entire map but I have no problem with non-city land. Just look at RDR.

We don't know how the map compares to in-game - small roads on the map can look like endless roads in game.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm confused. Am I on the forum for GTAV or GTA V San Andreas. Cause I'm pretty sure only one exists.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Yes, because a game with a city in it the size of GTA IV, and a total map 3.5 times the size of RDR (5 with water), is very small. Current gen could definitely handle something 100 times RDR. That would only take 40 XBOX HD DVD's.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Paper @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 05:00)

Dude... the game is called GTA Los Santos, not GTA San Andreas 2... I know what you're talking about tho, I too want to revisit those cities again but come on, it's been ages since we know it's "just" LS... But I am totally happy with that now, I bet... this game will become the best GTA till date till now.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

Wow...just wow.

Talking about jumping to conclusions without even having played a second of it. How do you if there aren't plenty of activities in the city and in the countryside? How coud you possibly know if this game will or will not exceed our expectations? Jesus dude, just chill and relax and wait and see. But that sh*t about it being a flop....yeah......ok. dozingoff.gif

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Where's South Los Santos on the Map?

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:36 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 09 June 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Including the south central dlc.

user posted image

If this is the case, LS Iago going to feel gigantic!

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

Seeing this map, I'm now totally convinced there is more than just one city in this map.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:08 AM

You're kidding right

...next few weeks or so...
  • ...next few weeks or so...

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

Wtf this is so small!! My d*ck is bigger than this map! And I have more veins on it than this map has roads wtf ROCK* you fail. 😭

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (omer19992010 @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 18:31)
Where's South Los Santos on the Map?

My question too. South central/comptom doesn't seem to be on the map that we've seen. Something tells me there's's more to the south of the bridge, south of the map that we can't see. All the pictures so far have that area fogged out, or the camera angles deliberately avoid showing us that area.

We haven't really even seen the ghetto in the screenshots, yet we've seen like 20 Vinewood pictures taken from every conceivable angle...

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Capitalism is a dirty business

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Paper @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 14:00)

I'm curious, but what "lies" are you talking about? It's been in the official press release statement since GTA V was announced that it would be heading to LS and as far as the city size goes please provide some evidence from R* themselves that LS was going to be significantly bigger than what's shown here?

I'm sorry, but swearing and saying senseless bullsh*t like the game will flop (you know it wont) doesn't hold your frustration together very well. confused.gif

driftnslide
  • driftnslide

Not a Player Hater.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

In regards to what's south geographically:
Across from san pedro and the vincent thomas bridge is terminal island and past that is Long Beach.

Hopefully some sort of rendition of Long Beach is south and not just terminal island, which people are automatically assuming.

5000 Staples
  • 5000 Staples

Skadooooosh

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 07:49)

I'm curious, but what "lies" are you talking about? It's been in the official press release statement since GTA V was announced that it would be heading to LS and as far as the city size goes please provide some evidence from R* themselves that LS was going to be significantly bigger than what's shown here?

I'm sorry, but swearing and saying senseless bullsh*t like the game will flop (you know it wont) doesn't hold your frustration together very well. confused.gif

What I'm more curious about is to why R* would care if he doesn't buy it? like it's them that misses out lol.

Even funnier is tell us he isn't going to buy it, knowing full well when 17th Sept gets here he will be one of the first in line to purchase the game.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Can everyone PLEASE consider that this a blue print of the map. And not the actual map? Most gta games come with a map inside the box. If you look at the blue print all it shows is main roads!

trevors685
  • trevors685

poo poo head

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (5000 Staples @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 15:06)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 07:49)

What I'm more curious about is to why R* would care if he doesn't buy it? like it's them that misses out lol.

Even funnier is tell us he isn't going to buy it, knowing full well when 17th Sept gets here he will be one of the first in line to purchase the game.

nop
das me

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (driftnslide @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 07:57)
In regards to what's south geographically:
Across from san pedro and the vincent thomas bridge is terminal island and past that is Long Beach.

Hopefully some sort of rendition of Long Beach is south and not just terminal island, which people are automatically assuming.

Therefore, if Long Beach is there, Compton is close to it.

Legendary912
  • Legendary912

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

This is just a partial reveal, it's going to be much bigger.
North with be San Fierro and North East will be Las Venturas. Then of course south of Los Santos will be Mexico. icon14.gif

menny
  • menny

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Ehy guys, I have a problem preordering my Collectors Edition for PS3 copy from Rockstar Warehouse.

I've done anything,but,once I click the BUY NOW button,the site send me to the Payment Information page.

I don't know. They've finished the copies in the stock or it is a problem with my card? I'm using Paypal with no money in it at the moment. Could be this?

Thanks.

confused.gif

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

looks like lc in size

Mr.Paper
  • Mr.Paper

hello

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

alright look, this is really bothering me because when you look at gta san andreas, it is HUGE, I mean it has huge countryside, AND 3 CITIES. AND LET ME REMIND YOU THAT IT CAME OUT IN 2004 FOR THE PS2 AND XBOX. if these old gen console could handle such a massive world why not gta V on the ps3 and xbox360???? IT'S GOING TO BE A FLOP BECAUSE ROCKSTAR ARE FOOLS AND DON'T THINK ABOUT THE GAMER AND HOW BORING IT REALLY IS TO ONLY HAVE ONE CITY IN A GTA GAME. i mean come on people what is rockstar thinking.

NEONPOWER2
  • NEONPOWER2

███ The Last Genius ███

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Paper @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 22:39)
alright look, this is really bothering me because when you look at gta san andreas, it is HUGE, I mean it has huge countryside, AND 3 CITIES. AND LET ME REMIND YOU THAT IT CAME OUT IN 2004 FOR THE PS2 AND XBOX. if these old gen console could handle such a massive world why not gta V on the ps3 and xbox360???? IT'S GOING TO BE A FLOP BECAUSE ROCKSTAR ARE FOOLS AND DON'T THINK ABOUT THE GAMER AND HOW BORING IT REALLY IS TO ONLY HAVE ONE CITY IN A GTA GAME. i mean come on people what is rockstar thinking.

even if it is just as big as san andreas , thatīs more than enough ... the map will be very detailed and beutiful , so i can live with a " small " map , which it will not be , because juding from what i have seen the map has a good size indeed

OliRow
  • OliRow

Eater of Worlds

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

Huge map that was nowhere near as detailed as GTA V will be, I'm sure that most people would rather have 1 incredibly detailed City filled with interiors and stuff than 3 cities with hardly any interiors and not very detailed.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

It won't flop. Definitely not. And San Andreas was good in its time, no doubt.
You think San Andreas is big because it has three "cities" and many towns, landscape and desert.

But that's superficial. To drive from LS to LV or Fierro doesn't take you long. There isn't much to do. Stores are repetitive and only offer the same sh*t. Also, the "cities" are really small themselves. And there is nothing to do in these small towns. You can't even get a decent safehouse with a garage.

The only thing that stood out was the customization component. Cars, tattoos, clothes, hairstyle.
The interior aspect comes in, too. Hardly any buildings to enter. Apart from braking into houses and even this feature gets obsolete because you make a sh*tload of money anyway.

Just place a bet on horse races and you're good for the rest of the game.

GTA V will be the best GTA. My opinion. And it will top any sales of previous GTAs, I'm sure.

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

True, you had 3 cities in San Andreas, but they were also just the size of what.. Dukes + Broker in GTA IV, roughly? They had hardly any interiors, and when they did,they used interiors from the same interior cells, over and over, and over. it's probably longer from the north tip of Algonquin, to the south tip, than it was to drive to Las Venturas from, Los Santos in III-universe.

Are you still going to say GTA V's Los Santos will be small as these cities..? Just the one pic where you can see the suspension bridge to the docks of Los Santos, from the beach, is roughly the distance of Los santos + countryside + San Andreas Inlet + Las Venturas strip.

Case in point, this picture:

http://gamingbolt.co...05/GTA-V-14.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users