Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Map Partly Revealed + New Screenshots

1,102 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of the city? (1500 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of the city?

1. It's small! (414 votes [30.94%])

Percentage of vote: 30.94%

2. It's big! (924 votes [69.06%])

Percentage of vote: 69.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote
RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 12:58)
The map looks huge and that's not all of it.

There is a road going south from the city so there is something further down there....

That's what has mostly attracted my attention, wondering what can be found there smile.gif

Alastair Smyth
  • Alastair Smyth

Kifflom, brother-uncle!

• Members
  • Greece

You guys keep getting confused at the difference of Los Santos' size VS. the entire map's size. You have seen nothing! If you want to complain about something, then it should be their newly-found DLC campaign.

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Disappointingly small indeed. At first glance, I thought it looked very similar to GTA San Andreas' Los Santos. It can't be much bigger, and it definitely isn't as big as Liberty City.

I was gutted when we learnt that the whole of San Andreas wasn't going to be included (i.e. no LV/SF), but I got over that when it became clear that R* wanted to make a more accurate representation of Los Angeles (i.e. one of the largest cities in the world. and an urban jungle that goes on for miles). I assumed that because it was only LS, it would be massive. Based on these images I'm not so sure. Obviously I could be wrong, and it might be a case of misinterpreting the scale of the map, but as it stands, its not looking very promising.

Perhaps they've spent too much time developing the underwater world? or the storyline.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Wheatley @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:22)
[QUOTE=Pegerino,Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:18] GTA V map 3.5 times the map of RDR.
Blaine County must be massive compared to Los Santos and CVG said along the lines that Los Santos only took up about 1/4 of the map that they saw.

I thought they said the city of LS took about 1/8 ~ 1/10 map size *searching for it now

himalayanflash
  • himalayanflash

Let's go Heat!

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Full map ll be real huge. I'm waitin for it

LA CLIPPERS
  • LA CLIPPERS

What up, blood? What up, cause? What up, blood? What up, Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (cheetah_7 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:43)
Disappointingly small indeed. At first glance, I thought it looked very similar to GTA San Andreas' Los Santos. It can't be much bigger, and it definitely isn't as big as Liberty City.

I was gutted when we learnt that the whole of San Andreas wasn't going to be included (i.e. no LV/SF), but I got over that when it became clear that R* wanted to make a more accurate representation of Los Angeles (i.e. one of the largest cities in the world. and an urban jungle that goes on for miles). I assumed that because it was only LS, it would be massive. Based on these images I'm not so sure. Obviously I could be wrong, and it might be a case of misinterpreting the scale of the map, but as it stands, its not looking very promising.

Perhaps they've spent too much time developing the underwater world? or the storyline.

your an idiot, its the samel size of liberty city and their not even showed half of the map yet.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (GTA Adicted @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:45)
[QUOTE=Wheatley,Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:22] [QUOTE=Pegerino,Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:18] GTA V map 3.5 times the map of RDR.
Blaine County must be massive compared to Los Santos and CVG said along the lines that Los Santos only took up about 1/4 of the map that they saw. [/QUOTE]
I thought they said the city of LS took about 1/8 ~ 1/10 map size *searching for it now

They said that too.
I think their guesses went from 1/8 to 1/4. Either way, it's fair to say the whole map is going to be big.

matthiewcorner
  • matthiewcorner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Everybody whining about the map not being SA+RDR+IV is obviously forgetting the fact that actually GTA V map + indoor spaces + underwater spaces was supposed to be SA+RDR+IV.

It's Rockstar, it's bound to be great!

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Shut up, sit down and relax...

Stoic Intrusion
  • Stoic Intrusion

Nietzschean

• Members

i knew it. All this talk about how huge the city will be lol. As i supected the city will be smaller than Liberty City. You already could tell from the Screens and the Trailers that the City is not gonna be huge. But no, the Inspector Smartypants GTA Fangirls knew it better lol.

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Exciting... The game will be here before we know it.

DrewyR
  • DrewyR

DrewyR

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 12:48)
Is that seriously how big they could make the city? I'm disappointed in that. I thought they'd at least make it bigger than Los Santos in GTA SA. It's weird because the city looks fairly big in screenshots like this.

user posted image

This isn't the full map.

StepY0gameUP
  • StepY0gameUP

Overdose on Confidence

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Who said this was LS? oh that's right no one did. OP just combined what we saw of the map. That being said this can be any part of blaine county. So before we make judgement let's wait till the map is actually revealed. This complaining on how big the map is, is just retarded b.c we don't know but what I do know is rockstar doesn't disappoint. They may make changes and tells us no customization and then later add it but if the map is said to be huge or bigger than rdr and liberty city than it will be. It's not like they will downsize the map for any reason. And honestly does it matter were going to still buy the game and enjoy it regardless how big or small.

line of chop
  • line of chop

Homeboy

• Members

i reckon you have to fly to another island because it looks too small.

Stoic Intrusion
  • Stoic Intrusion

Nietzschean

• Members

QUOTE (matthiewcorner @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:48)
Everybody whining about the map not being SA+RDR+IV is obviously forgetting the fact that actually GTA V map + indoor spaces + underwater spaces was supposed to be SA+RDR+IV.

It's Rockstar, it's bound to be great!

and of course you have to flatten out the mountains as well.

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

QUOTE (StepY0gameUP @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:51)
Who said this was LS? oh that's right no one did. OP just combined what we saw of the map. That being said this can be any part of blaine county. So before we make judgement let's wait till the map is actually revealed. This complaining on how big the map is, is just retarded b.c we don't know but what I do know is rockstar doesn't disappoint. They may make changes and tells us no customization and then later add it but if the map is said to be huge or bigger than rdr and liberty city than it will be. It's not like they will downsize the map for any reason. And honestly does it matter were going to still buy the game and enjoy it regardless how big or small.

That is LS dude, not even a slight chance its not.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'm still baffled. Los Santos looks pretty small. And it's not only the size that annoys me. Look at the size of East Los Santos and South Los Santos. I- I... I'm lost for words. cryani.gif I'm pretty disappointed. I know the map is big with the countryside, but the city is the soul of a GTA for me. This is too small, even if it is detailed. No Orange County, no huge suburbs, crappy freeways, small downtown, smaller than believable East Los Santos...
Rockstar, I'm disappointed.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Also, we don't know if the scale of the blueprint map is the correct size, it could be zoomed in on LS. To not give away too much details

psybient
  • psybient

Player Hater

• Members

haven't you guys noticed this area on the atomic blimp new screen: the lake with small island in it

user posted image

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

FourTwoZero

• Members
  • None

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 12:48)
Is that seriously how big they could make the city? I'm disappointed in that. I thought they'd at least make it bigger than Los Santos in GTA SA. It's weird because the city looks fairly big in screenshots like this.

user posted image

You cant judge a cities size by a map. It looks fairly big in the screenshots because it is fairly big. Look at England, a little dot on the map but it is 50,346 sq miles

Dr. Zoidberg
  • Dr. Zoidberg

Im a Doctor!

• Members

Map was reverse, kinda bothered me so i flipped it lol

user posted image

We need to figure out, how many inches per mile/kilometer according to the airstrip that the person before compared with GTAIV

ZNP
  • ZNP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (gorgeprofondegta4 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 12:28)
EDIT2 : according to Rockstar, this printed map is 21.5" x 26.75"
After doing a very quick and dirty resizing, I get something like this:
user posted image

You do realize that the portion of the map showed in the special edition image is zoomed,right? So your comparison is wrong.The real life blueprint has a bit more zoomed out look of the map and believe me the whole map is HUGE and Los Santos isn't small at all !

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (GTA Adicted @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:54)
Also, we don't know if the scale of the blueprint map is the correct size, it could be zoomed in on LS. To not give away too much details

Enough with the "ZOOM OUT" bullsh*t

Los santos is smaller than LC , so deal with it.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (StepY0gameUP @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 08:51)

D- wow! rolleyes.gif What the hell are you smoking? Okay, whatever you say.

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

So I've just cancelled my pre-order because I don't want this game anymore. The map is too f*cking small and I'm not a dlc slave. Roctivision sad.gif

stux56
  • stux56

Vice City Busdriver

• Members

QUOTE (Memphys @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:42)
QUOTE (stux56 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:35)
QUOTE (Memphys @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:30)
City is so small. I just remember when people were laughing at me when I was saying the V's map will be small.  lol.gif

Please define small? I'm looking at this map (realizing it's zoomed out) and I honestly believe this is freaking huge!

Small = Not that big as they promised. Size more or less like Liberty City.

What did they promise? I think you set yourself up for disappointment..

And a city that's nearly as large and dense as GTA IV combined with countryside that's almost 7-8 times the city, I truly don't understand why you people complain..

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:56)

No it's not, it is the same size as LC!!!

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

• Members
  • Netherlands

QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:56)

Stop trolling and browse a few pages back, someone already posted a comparison with IV in it, and it's actually around the same size

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (gta_rulez @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:57)
So I've just cancelled my pre-order because I don't want this game anymore. The map is too f*cking small and I'm not a dlc slave. Roctivision sad.gif

Ok, everyone cares that you wont get this great game.

No, no one cares and you will miss out on a lot of fun, stop trying to attention seek by doing this because no one gives a sh*t, we are still going to buy this game.

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (LA CLIPPERS @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:47)
QUOTE (cheetah_7 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:43)

your an idiot, its the samel size of liberty city and their not even showed half of the map yet.

I'm not talking about the whole map. The whole map could still be a decent size. However, based on what R* made out, Los Santos in V would be a lot closer to the size of real life LA than the Los Santos on PS2. It doesn't seem to have had that same upgrade in size that Liberty City had in IV. The new Liberty City seemed like it was much closer to NYC in terms of realism and being to scale. But like I said, just a first impression.

And based on your spelling/grammar, I think you'll find it's you who is the idiot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users