» «
Photo

GTA IV Fatal Error RESC10

7 replies to this topic
likuliku
  • likuliku

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:19 PM Edited by likuliku, 23 May 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Hello all, having a problems after i add " -memrestrict 629145600 " commandline text in commandline.txt . The problem is i can't change to medium setting anymore, it will crashed if i lower the setting, i don't know how to fix it. It forced to set high setting everytime i start the game. i only can load save game or play it if i didn't lower the setting. Before this, i don't have this issue, until i added the commandline. i tried to reinstall GTA IV game/ delete settingcfg /remove commandline.txt and start new game, it won't work at all only work with high setting.

Anyone know how to solve the problem, please guide me.

Sorry for my poor english.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Where do you have the game from? Are you playing with the original DVD in your Drive? Do you use any kind of mods?
Try to install the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0 & .NET Framework 3.5. Maybe even xliveless might fix it, though you'll lose the online play by installing this. You could also try this very solution in case not of the above ones worked.

likuliku
  • likuliku

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:14)
Where do you have the game from? Are you playing with the original DVD in your Drive? Do you use any kind of mods?
Try to install the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0 & .NET Framework 3.5. Maybe even xliveless might fix it, though you'll lose the online play by installing this. You could also try this very solution in case not of the above ones worked.

Hello , thank you for your reply. Sorry i don't own the GTA IV DVD. i already completed the game, i have installed some mods without any problems and my GTA IV game version is 1.0.4.0 . i heard is the best version for modding. Now i start again the game, the fatal error resc10 occur after i added -memrestrict629145600 commandline text in commandline.txt when i lower the texture setting to medium. I have installed NET Framework 3.5 and xliveless. T_T

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

I suggest you to get rid of the mods. I can't help but tell you that mods can seriously affect your game, even if you don't expect it. Remove all mods and try again. And what do you mean with not owning the GTA IV DVD? Where do you have the game from actually? Is it downloaded or something? If yes, from where?

likuliku
  • likuliku

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:38)
I suggest you to get rid of the mods. I can't help but tell you that mods can seriously affect your game, even if you don't expect it. Remove all mods and try again. And what do you mean with not owning the GTA IV DVD? Where do you have the game from actually? Is it downloaded or something? If yes, from where?

Hello, thank you again for your reply. Now i only have install ENB series. No other mod install. Yup, i downloaded GTA IV game from piratebay. Can you tell me where's the problem from?? If it's because of mods, why i don't have error before i add the commandline?

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I don't know, I'm really unsure, maybe the mod isn't compatible with the commandline?
Or, surely, it's because you're using a pirated version of the game. We can't help you on this matter. If you wish to seek any other help from us, please return after you've bought the game! icon14.gif

likuliku
  • likuliku

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 13:47)
I don't know, I'm really unsure, maybe the mod isn't compatible with the commandline?
Or, surely, it's because you're using a pirated version of the game. We can't help you on this matter. If you wish to seek any other help from us, please return after you've bought the game! icon14.gif

i remove the commandline.txt ..i still can't lower the setting. the commandline -memrestrict xxx only work for GTA IV game?? Will it change my pc setting too??

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

You're missing the point-the problem is caused by you owning a illegal game version-you need to BUY the Original game if you want it to work right. It is less than $15 now a days, so it is dirt cheap. There is NO reason to NOT BUY the game. Plus, there is a strong rule on these forums about illegal game copies(Warez).

Buy the LEGAL Download from Steam/D2D/Amazon OR get a DVD copy from a actual store and the problem WILL go away. Both are same price(Legal download AND DVD copies). smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users