LS TLAD Chapter

41 replies to this topic
DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (GTASeriesFan @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 09:04)
QUOTE (RichyB @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 00:57)
I think TLaD was one of the worst DLCs I have ever seen on a 360 game.

BoGT was great, but after I completed TLaD, I never played it again. Total garbage and I sincerely hope any V DLC completely and utterly disregards any kind of TLaD reference in any which way possible.

It was absolutely terrible.

I agree. Extremely boring. No action and the story was so dark. There was no humor. TBoGT was an amazing DLC though. Amazing story and cool characters

GTASeriesFan

I have seen that coming years ago, so that's why I have never played TLAD, yet. And probably won't. I don't care if any of the TLAD characters are returning, but I highly doubt it.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Monday, May 27 2013, 09:17)
QUOTE (GTASeriesFan @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 09:04)

BoGT was great, but after I completed TLaD, I never played it again. Total garbage and I sincerely hope any V DLC completely and utterly disregards any kind of TLaD reference in any which way possible.

I agree. Extremely boring. No action and the story was so dark. There was no humor. TBoGT was an amazing DLC though. Amazing story and cool characters

GTASeriesFan

I have seen that coming years ago, so that's why I have never played TLAD, yet. And probably won't. I don't care if any of the TLAD characters are returning, but I highly doubt it.

You make me sick.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:04 AM Edited by man dragon, 27 May 2013 - 09:07 AM.

I already said it in this thread, but I need to reiterate. The Lost and Damned is really, really good. One of the flaws of GTA IV is that it's a slow building story with too many characters and awkward pacing. TLaD did not have this problem. It's a confined story with only a few separate threads (the heroin, the diamonds, and the club) and they all tie together very well to make one coherent and action-packed game. It was dark, and wasn't overly humorous, but I fail to see how that is necessarily a bad thing. If I watched comedies all the time, I'd get bored of them. That's not even to say the story isn't injected with some humour; it just wasn't raucous "ni**er, I lost my pants," Yusuf Amir type humour. It was better placed, relevant and far more subtle.

Apex.
  • Apex.

I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hahaha to be honest, I don't think anyone liked Ashley, I can see her coming back in GTA V and Trevor dealing to her at some point.

And Chris Mathers you said exactly what I was thinking in response to that comment, I was going to put that but you got to it first hehe! tounge.gif

As for TLAD, I've been re-playing it lately (Actually got the idea for it from a thread similar to this) and I've been sort of soaking in the biker atmosphere, and it's making me appreciate it a lot more than my first playthrough, I've never really been a 'biker' person, too gritty for me, but I'm really enjoying it. TBOGT is my favourite though, infact I'm on it right now, just as I always am.

But anyway I really hope we get some Alderney chapter members returning in GTA V, and I'm very sure we will to be honest.

Teh Edgiest Man on Earth
  • Teh Edgiest Man on Earth

2edgy5u #TeamMichael

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:19 AM Edited by Teh Edgiest Man on Earth, 27 May 2013 - 11:25 AM.

QUOTE (GTASeriesFan @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 08:04)

GTASeriesFan

TBOGT story amazing, characters amazing? The only f*cking thing fun in TBOGT was the gameplay, the story is something any 12 year old with autism could come with, it's f*cking retarded as sh*t. And the only amazing character in TBOGT was Rocco, then turn a out to be the most ~pieceofshiet~, this is a character that should return in GTA V or future titles.

TLAD's story is the best story of the three. You are not a real fan, you are just a bandwagon retard.

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

I think only minor characters return, like Marta or something.

BeardedxMic
  • BeardedxMic

The Bearded Bastich.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 07:24)
TLaD was streets ahead of TBoGT. It had a likable lead protagonist, a plethora of new weapons/vehicles and a tight-knit, well-defined story with good pacing. TBoGT was an absolute mess and had very little new content that changed how we approach/played the game; it's storyline was all over the place, never quite finding the right direction, not to mention the hypocritical mess that was Luis Lopez.

I'd love to see returning characters from the Alderney chapter of The Lost. I think it's perfectly set up for us to see one or two of them.

Johnny was a puss. After playing as Niko "I dont want to be doing dis" Bellic, I thought R* would give us a protag who actually liked his job. But no. I get Johnny "Man, this life just aint for me anymore" Klebitz. I loved the Bikes, and the weapons, but I'd of much rather played as Billy. At least he was a bad ass who didn't get screwed with. Which is what Lou from TBoGT was.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

How on earth could you consider Johnny a pussy and not Luis? That literally makes zero sense. The first time we meet Luis, an IT consultant has more courage than him. He constantly takes sh*t from Armando, Rocco, Bulgarin, Mori and his mother; he's Tony's errand boy, supposed "partner" but still gets kept out of important business. He constantly bitches and moans about how Armando and Henrique are f*cking up their lives, while his own life is a whirlpool of f*ck-ups. But I suppose I won't be able to convince you, seeing as you clearly overlooked it all.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

TLAD wasn't awful, but it offered more of the same of what we got from IV.

Ride here, kill him. Lose the heat, stay in formation, ride here, kill him, lose the heat.

Rinse and repeat, got a little silly to me really, but that doesn't mean it was awful. The story was great

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

It would be cool if Johnny made a return in V and ended up coming to blows with Trevor.

I also liked Malc from TLAD.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Jakee. @ Monday, May 27 2013, 14:15)
TLAD wasn't awful, but it offered more of the same of what we got from IV.

Ride here, kill him. Lose the heat, stay in formation, ride here, kill him, lose the heat.

Rinse and repeat, got a little silly to me really, but that doesn't mean it was awful. The story was great

Staying in formation was new, actually. Never seen before or since. Unique to TLAD.

Miami-Florida.
  • Miami-Florida.

Grande Italia

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

I think i seen Ashley in Trailer 2. when Trevor is kicking a "Lost member?" on the ground in the Desert.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users