This Sign

33 replies to this topic
Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

user posted image

Through reading a bunch of speculation in other topics for wishes or R* hiding things or whatever, I've picked this to focus on (this particular pic).
All just thoughts = no need to get your panties in a bunch arguing on this one.

Anyone go here with this yet:

1. Perhaps it's just just the name of the highway?

As in: "Downtown/ Little Seoul" is an EXIT sign & the other is just simply the name of the highway.
Such as the real life named highways that still are allocated NHS or Interstate system #(part of I5 is Sierra HWY)

2. Now I know the in game world is based on LA (SoCal) but i real life the 5 does go places, from Tiajuana up to Oregon
So "IF" it does connect to another city & since it's NB in the pic it could (hypothetically) be coming from SD, or lead to
Sacramento. But it does not go to San Fran (San Fierro)

3. If it's a R* take on I15...well in real life that leads to Vegas & South to SD, but then why wouldn't they
just call it I15

4. "Little Seoul" in real life can be reached by exiting the I5 onto R22

5. Since it's a NB pic & it's obviously coming from the south. What if the freeway is coming from Tiajuana?
A small R* take on Tiajuana anyway. It's a smaller city & R* has dabbled in Mexican culture (RDR).

Again: just thoughts & speculation.
I think Tiajuana would be the coolest to escape to after a huge heist & hide out for a bit.
Though, My honest opinion is that it's just the name of the freeway.

What are your thoughts & other speculation based on the I5 Los Puerta Freeway?

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

It's hard to say, very interesting though. My f*ck wouldn't it be awesome to hide out in Tijuana...

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Kind of pointless to speculate anything about "Los Puerta" because we know nothing about it. Going "I think it's gonna be San Diego" is as good of an assumption as saying that Jimmy, Michael's son has one nut, which is later revealed to be a major plot key figure.
confused.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:12)
Kind of pointless to speculate anything about "Los Puerta" because we know nothing about it. Going "I think it's gonna be San Diego" is as good of an assumption as saying that Jimmy, Michael's son has one nut, which is later revealed to be a major plot key figure.
confused.gif

Not really.
The Del Perro Fwy is named off of something significant, the Del Perro Pier. So one can only assume that Los Puerta has to be something of significance too. I-5 (Los Puerta Fwy) heads from south to north. We know it just turns into a countryside freeway when it heads out of northern Los Santos, but where does it head south of Los Santos?
The freeway proceeds south pass downtown and turns into the VT Bridge, then the Gerald Bridge. From there, we don't know. I think there are two big possibilities:
  • It heads to Long Beach or Orange County suburbia, which could be named Los Puerta
  • It heads to San Diego which could be named Los Puerta.

You never know.

October16th
  • October16th

Gamertag: X5R

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 16:42)
user posted image

Through reading a bunch of speculation in other topics for wishes or R* hiding things or whatever, I've picked this to focus on (this particular pic).
All just thoughts = no need to get your panties in a bunch arguing on this one.

Anyone go here with this yet:

1. Perhaps it's just just the name of the highway?

As in: "Downtown/ Little Seoul" is an EXIT sign & the other is just simply the name of the highway.
    Such as the real life named highways that still are allocated NHS or Interstate system #(part of I5 is Sierra HWY)

2. Now I know the in game world is based on LA (SoCal) but i real life the 5 does go places, from Tiajuana up to Oregon
    So "IF" it does connect to another city & since it's NB in the pic it could (hypothetically) be coming from SD, or lead to 
    Sacramento. But it does not go to San Fran (San Fierro)

3. If it's a R* take on I15...well in real life that leads to Vegas & South to SD, but then why wouldn't they
    just call it I15

4. "Little Seoul" in real life can be reached by exiting the I5 onto R22

5. Since it's a NB pic & it's obviously coming from the south. What if the freeway is coming from Tiajuana?
    A small R* take on Tiajuana anyway. It's a smaller city & R* has dabbled in Mexican culture (RDR).

Again: just thoughts & speculation.
I think Tiajuana would be the coolest to escape to after a huge heist & hide out for a bit.
Though, My honest opinion is that it's just the name of the freeway.

What are your thoughts & other speculation based on the I5 Los Puerta Freeway?

I think it leads to a different dimension. Prove me wrong.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 22:19)
QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:12)
confused.gif

Not really.
The Del Perro Fwy is named off of something significant, the Del Perro Pier. So one can only assume that Los Puerta has to be something of significance too. I-5 (Los Puerta Fwy) heads from south to north. We know it just turns into a countryside freeway when it heads out of northern Los Santos, but where does it head south of Los Santos?
The freeway proceeds south pass downtown and turns into the VT Bridge, then the Gerald Bridge. From there, we don't know. I think there are two big possibilities:
  • It heads to Long Beach or Orange County suburbia, which could be named Los Puerta
  • It heads to San Diego which could be named Los Puerta.
You never know.

Agreed.

Also wanted to add:
~'Los Puerta" is another example of incorrect Spanish in a GTA game, as it should either be "Los Puertos" (masculine plural for "the ports") or "La Puerta" (feminine singular for "the door").

becasue I get that San Diego is "the door to the US" for many Mexican folks & that someone will inevitably bring it up.
But...on the other side of SD is Tiajuana & that's not a guess or prediction for V, just a dream.

saul stein
  • saul stein

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by saul stein, 22 May 2013 - 11:01 PM.

i think its pretty plausible really. trevor is a big drug dealer? getting drugs across the border in a plane or submarine would be better then "these drugs have to get from los santos,to the desert,to the mountain." theres more they arent showing us,maybe no more large cities,but small ones for sure. tijuana and a small piece of mexico is entirely do-able,and happens to be in the direction they seem to be hiding.it would be great for variety of the map as well.the border is a large and important part of southern california.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

I like how there's still speculation on the first trailer.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (October16th @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 22:24)
I think it leads to a different dimension. Prove me wrong.

I can't. But since thisn't meant to prove anything, I thank you for your creative idea.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

Didn't they see the south of the map in the previews? None of them mentioned seeing anything else besides Los Santos down there. I don't think they saw the entire northern end of the map though.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

Perhaps it leads to Rockstar NORTH studios: I'm pretty sure that Scotland borders Southern California, if you discount the little bit of land and ocean between them. The Los Puerta Freeway is also known as the Mc Ramsey Motorway, and features roadside eateries ranging from Up-n-atom burger to the fictional Little Chef. Didn't Scott's Memorial feature somewhere in the second trailer, close to the Grauman's Chinese Theatre?

saul stein
  • saul stein

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

if scotland is in the game,im not buying it.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (saul stein @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 00:40)

If Scotland hadn't made the game, you wouldn't be playing it wink.gif

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

Well from the looks of the partial map out today,
I'd say the I5 just loops the map

Cyberzone2
  • Cyberzone2

Zee's assistant and Resident Troll

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

San Diego is south ,the picture you gave was north.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 23:43)

huh, what are talking about?

Liberty2k7
  • Liberty2k7

Welcome to Burger Shot, Mo' F**kaa!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 22:12)
confused.gif

Lol Michael's motivation for doing heists is not because he is fed up with life/has a loveless marriage or whatever. Actually, he is doing it to finance a series of intensive testicular reconstruction operations for his ailing son lol.gif

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 17:51)

San Diego is south of Los Angeles and in the picture it says 'North' so it's not San Diego.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Friday, May 24 2013, 00:44)

San Diego is south of Los Angeles and in the picture it says 'North' so it's not San Diego.

You know exactly that in a GTA world it doesn't matter if it's south or north. They can put Vice City in the west coast if they want or north.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

No kiddin! wholey crap you must have aced geography class.
Read the beginning of post: if a sign says North then its above a road that's coming from the south.
If the road is coming from the south then there must be something in the south...logical enough for you to follow?

besides that? you said it's not SD, what's not? the pic? well no duh
add some context so people know what the hell your talkin bout

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 18:43)

sigh.gif Um, okay? Have you never been on or seen an American freeway before? Above the symbol that shows what number of freeway you're driving on is a name. That name is the name of the freeway. It doesn't matter if the sign say north-south-west-east-up my bum, it's the official name of the freeway and we're speculating that name is an important location.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 01:01)
QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 18:43)

sigh.gif Um, okay? Have you never been on or seen an American freeway before? Above the symbol that shows what number of freeway you're driving on is a name. That name is the name of the freeway. It doesn't matter if the sign say north-south-west-east-up my bum, it's the official name of the freeway and we're speculating that name is an important location.

Thank You Kifflom112 for also noticing the idiocy of his post.
I applaud you & you may have a cookie.gif , make it cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Hilldog39
  • Hilldog39

The Beast

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 00:58)

Read the beginning of post: if a sign says North then its above a road that's coming from the south.
If the road is coming from the south then there must be something in the south...logical enough for you to follow?

i knew exactly what he is talking about, you just gotta read into things a little better. he made perfect sense in his post, dont go bashing him if you cant under stand jack sh*t

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Hilldog39 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 20:27)
QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 00:58)

i knew exactly what he is talking about, you just gotta read into things a little better. he made perfect sense in his post, dont go bashing him if you cant under stand jack sh*t

yawn.gif I can't tell if you're defending the original potato poster or the CyberZone troll who started this whole misunderstanding.

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

It would be pretty sweet to have a few mexican towns just across the border. Get into some wars with the mexican cartel/try to escape the border cops.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

What puzzles me is the location of the surrounding buildings in the trailer during that shot @ 00:31 - 00:33 seconds. Still have no idea where exactly that shot is. I also don't know where that broad south bound freeway heads to on the map...
user posted image

...I mean, if it goes no where significant, then what's with it being so thick. It looks like it's built for heavy traffic. To make matters stranger, it starts rather abruptly at the south end of the map. Could be anything really.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Friday, May 24 2013, 02:48)
What puzzles me is the location of the surrounding buildings in the trailer during that shot @ 00:31 - 00:33 seconds. Still have no idea where exactly that shot is. I also don't know where that broad south bound freeway heads to on the map...
user posted image

...I mean, if it goes no where significant, then what's with it being so thick. It looks like it's built for heavy traffic. To make matters stranger, it starts rather abruptly at the south end of the map. Could be anything really.

I agree. It's wierd.
But I think there's going to be far more to the North of the map than the south, after seein this partial map

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 12:01)
What puzzles me is the location of the surrounding buildings in the trailer during that shot @ 00:31 - 00:33 seconds.  Still have no idea where exactly that shot is.  I also don't know where that broad south bound freeway heads to on the map...

...I mean, if it goes no where significant, then what's with it being so thick.  It looks like it's built for heavy traffic.  To make matters stranger, it starts rather abruptly at the south end of the map.  Could be anything really.

I agree. It's wierd.
But I think there's going to be far more to the North of the map than the south, after seein this partial map

Yeah same here. My sentiment on another city hasn't changed since the map was partially released, but my whole perception of it's location has significantly changed. The freeway going south may just lead to more of the LS Port.

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 19:41)
QUOTE (saul stein @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 00:40)

If Scotland hadn't made the game, you wouldn't be playing it wink.gif

Now that my friends is a retort! well played icon14.gif

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:34 PM Edited by E1999Eternal, 24 May 2013 - 05:39 PM.

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 17:01)
What puzzles me is the location of the surrounding buildings in the trailer during that shot @ 00:31 - 00:33 seconds.  Still have no idea where exactly that shot is.  I also don't know where that broad south bound freeway heads to on the map...
user posted image

...I mean, if it goes no where significant, then what's with it being so thick.  It looks like it's built for heavy traffic.  To make matters stranger, it starts rather abruptly at the south end of the map.  Could be anything really.

I agree. It's wierd.

does everyone think that airport has two runways, similar to the LC airport from IV? If so, planes taking off from the runway not shown in the blueprint map would be heading to the southeast, which tells me some of the map must exist south of Los Santos.

It doesn't tell me that there's anything significant to the southeast, it just tells me there's playable map area (land or water) because they wouldn't want you to take off and be out of bounds shortly thereafter.

So, if this is the case, what would R* make south of LA that's both interesting and somewhat realistic? I'd have to guess Mexico or just a small town. I don't expect any more "big cities." A town in Mexico, even if tiny, would be awesome. I could see you trying to bust through immigration and getting 5 stars immediately or something like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users