Dreaming of something not known to you yet

32 replies to this topic
GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Okay, I was, like, 7 or 8 years old... I was playing Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (or Locked and Loaded) on my PS2, not knowing that this was the second game of the series, so I thought it was the first one. After a while, I had a dream, that I was playing Ratchet and Clank and I reached the final planet in the game, and I saw what it was like, but then I woke up. After a long time, I found out that Going Commando was not the first game in the series, and that there was another game before this, so I bought it. To my surprise, when I reached the final planet of that game, I noticed that it was EXACTLY THE SAME as I dreamt about it!!!

How is this even possible? Dreaming of something that you don't even know about?

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Perhaps it was just a big deja vu. But if you say it was a dream and that you fully remember dreaming it, I guess... It's possible. smile.gif

KiiWiiDeee
  • KiiWiiDeee

Liberty City's finest.

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'd probably say that this is either

a) a coincidence
Or
b) you have a creative idea of the developer's style of graphics.

I'd say that B is likely icon14.gif

I'm really in to stuff like this, I find it so cool! I had a dream about playing as Franklin on GTA V and I was walking next to Lamar and Lamar looked exactly the same! (This was before Lamar's appearance was revealed).

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

@GTAfear: Nope man, this wasn't a deja vu, I remember it being a dream... The question is HOW is this possible, as it is a fact that you can only dream of something that you have seen before and is "recorded" in your subconscious...

@KiiWiiDeee: It's highly unlikely that it's a coincidence...
Haha, I wish B was true, man... icon14.gif
I'm also into stuff like this, and I'm somewhat relieved to see that I'm not the only one with an experience like that.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

I too am keen on this kind of stuff, as well as sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming, etc., etc., but that's off-topic now...

I don't know, maybe the answer is: it simply is possible. If not, Google it. There's got to be some information about this, as well as other people who've experienced it.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

So basically, you have the gift of precognition and it's wasted on predicting environments in a Ratchet and Clank game. tounge.gif
  • Forty, F4L?, GroundZero and 1 other like this

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

It's not really the exact thing you saw in the dream. Your brain played a trick on you, putting the memory of the last scene of the game you're actually playing into your long-term memory instead of short-term and convincing you that you had seen that exact image in the past. In other words, your brain erased what the actually imagery of the dream was and replaced it with what you were currently viewing, so it only seems like a real memory but really isn't.

This is the same way they think de ja vu works actually. I've had dreams like this before a lot too, but with it being such a common phenomenon we can't all be seeing the future in our dreams or remembering stuff as if it had already happened... So there's gotta be another explanation.
  • F4L? and kipakolonyasi like this

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

*Oops, wrong thread. blush.gif

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

I thought I was psychic when I had a dream that my Grandpa would visit, and then he did the same day. I mean, I thought for certain I knew what would happen if I dreamed it.

Now I think it was a coincidence, like the time I dreamed about rain, and it had rained that morning, which could easily be attributed to hearing the rain in my sleep.

I dreamed once of being stabbed, and another time I was shot, but I've never actually had that happen to me, yet I could feel the pain in the dream. I don't know what it was, and probably never will, but I do remember feeling horrible pain both times.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:43 AM Edited by Lightning Strike, 23 May 2013 - 05:07 PM.

QUOTE (Bull12345Bull @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 20:15)
@GTAfear: Nope man, this wasn't a deja vu, I remember it being a dream... The question is HOW is this possible, as it is a fact that you can only dream of something that you have seen before and is "recorded" in your subconscious...

@KiiWiiDeee: It's highly unlikely that it's a coincidence...
Haha, I wish B was true, man... icon14.gif

Yes because when people have dreams where they explore the very cosmos, speak to Gods and stride through an ethereal dreamscape made up entirely of a person's imagination is stuff that they've seen before. Though some dreams are based off of the things that you've seen and the fact that they often take the shape of the world and the people around you, it does not mean this is the case all the time; for example I myself have had dreams where I was omnipotent and I could create entire multiverses at will, I very much doubt that in my life I've ever uncovered the secret to making a human an all powerful being.

It's highly likely that B was in fact the case, your brain might have created this slightly warped version of the world you originally remember from the game and instead of storing it in your short-term memory it may have placed this strange alien session of your first time with the game into your long term memory. Then when you began to play the newer game it's highly likely that your brain decided to erase parts of the memory to fit into what you were viewing.

Therefore giving you the illusion of de ja vu. This is quite common and it's what many scientists believe is the prime cause for someone feeling like they've done something before, you need to remember that although the human mind is a magical menagerie of thought and imagination it's not perfect and is liable to at some point make a few mistakes here and there. Regardless that's most likely the reason why you were dreaming of game that hadn't even been made yet at that point.
  • F4L? likes this

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

I just had deja vu about seeing a piece of paper stuck to the bottom of a plate. Can someone please explain this to me?

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Supreme Gentleman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:28 AM

Maybe you saw a picture of it in a gaming magazine or preview and had forgotten about it.

I remember when I was younger, I had a dream about being chased through Central Park by a murderer. When I woke up and told my Grandma, she said she had the exact same dream.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:29 AM Edited by Myron, 01 March 2014 - 01:29 AM.

I just had deja vu about seeing a piece of paper stuck to the bottom of a plate. Can someone please explain this to me?

Well this was a worthwhile bump.

Wait, how the f*ck did you even find this topic?

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:31 AM Edited by JIMHO, 01 March 2014 - 01:31 AM.

I searched deja vu. Should I have made my own topic to collect all of my deja vu instances? I can do that. I have a lot of content to share with you guys on this subject.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

I searched deja vu. Should I have made my own topic to collect all of my deja vu instances? I can do that. I have a lot of content to share with you guys on this subject.

You should definitely do that, I am personally vested in your experiences of Deja Vu.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

You should definitely do that, I am personally vested in your experiences of Deja Vu.

Are you sure you're not going to report me for spam?

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:58 AM Edited by Myron, 01 March 2014 - 01:59 AM.

I only ever report people for my own amusement and you amuse me much more than reporting you ever would.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:02 AM

I only ever report people for my own amusement and you amuse me much more than reporting you ever would.

I'm a little bit concerned by this post and considering reporting it.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:05 AM

and here I thought we were friends.

• Vlynor likes this

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

I'm still in disbelief that I have four stars here. I'm trying to fight the thought you guys have accepted me into this place.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:48 AM

I'm still in disbelief that I have four stars here. I'm trying to fight the thought you guys have accepted me into this place.

Well we can't all be as cool as me and have two stars.

• JIMHO likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:05 AM

I once dreamed, before GTA 4 got released, that there was going to be some road running along a cliff and under the cliff was some sort of harbor. Cut about a year later when I get GTA 4, and I find out something like that was actually in Broker.

Holy damn I must be psychic.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:34 AM

Remember that plane crash at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan last year? Well when I was leaving Afghanistan back in 2012, we stopped at a base in Kyrzigstan(sp?) and when I was sleeping, I had a nightmare about my group walking to the airfield about to load up on the C17 and we see a previous group's plane taking off and the plane stalled and crashed on the airfield. Fast forward to the news in 2013 and I see the 747 crash from take off the EXACT same way I dreamt it. Except IRL it was a 747 not a C17 and there were civilian contractors on board not soldiers and it happened in Bagram, Afghanistan not Manas.
It freaked me the f*ck out.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

Before scuba diving was even announced as a feature in GTA V I had a dream that I was playing a mission where I had to guide Ned Luke through the wreckage of a sunken ship and into a drainage tunnel. One very similar to the mission "Monkey Business". So thats my big "HOLY sh*t" moment when it comes to dreaming. 

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cnt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

I once dreamt I masturbated several hours into the future. When I found myself spontaneously wanking a few hours later, I almost had a heart-attack!

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

I had a similar experience. I'm just going to copy and paste a thread I made on another forum because I cbf explaining it again.

So this hell creepy thing just happened to me today.

You all remember Courage The Cowardly Dog? It was that kids show that wasnt really meant for kids. If you don't remember it, that's not important.

First off, let me say I never watched this show during my childhood. Like, I only watched 1 or 2 episodes.

Anyway, I was watching some cartoons today because I was bored. Turns out Courage was actually a pretty interesting show so I watched some episodes online. I came across this episode called "Courage In The Big Stinkin' City" The episode was about Courage and the parents are in a big city, and they are taken into a dungeon-like room by a giant cockroach looking thing.

Now here's the weird part. When I was a kid, I had these recurring nightmares where I would be kidnapped by a giant cockroach and taken into a dungeon in a city. The dreams would either end in the dungeon, or after the cockroach had taken me. The dungeon looked exactly like the one in the episode as well. Along with the cockroach.

Here's where it gets weider. I never f*cking saw this episode as a kid. Like, no memories. So there's no way I would of got these nightmares from the episode.

So this could be a really weird coincidence, or maybe the creators of Courage could of been taking ideas for episodes from my dreams?

Nah, I'm joking. Still, it was pretty spooky when I found out. Just felt like sharing.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

I had some similar dreams.

One time, it was almost time to wake up. I was dreaming about my uncle with my little sister. In the dream my sister said something. The weird part was that I heard that in real life. My mother was holding my little sister in her hands when she said something at the same time that in my dream and woke me up.

It happened two more time, none similar to this one.

Rented
  • Rented

GTA Vet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

This happened to me a lot of times, most recently(a few months before GTA V got released) I had a dream about shooting at a helicopter(which now I know that it's the "Frogger") near a jewelry store(which turned out to be Rockford Hills) everything is just as it is now in GTA V except I had a revolver and there was a park in front of the staircase leading to the alley wher Vangelico is located.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

You're getting the stimuli and then creating a dream around it. It is impressive how this can seem to be precognizant, but it really isn't.

I am a pussy lover, and pussy loves me.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

You're getting the stimuli and then creating a dream around it. It is impressive how this can seem to be precognizant, but it really isn't.

I am a pussy lover, and pussy loves me.

What kind of gang are you trying out for here that makes you post about cats? Can I join?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users