Need for Speed Rivals

184 replies to this topic
GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 05:47)

That's what I'm talking about Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Lol that game was realistic as hell, indivual parts got damaged, and the prices to repair them were realistic.

The upgrades were realistic too, like a Supercharger on a 944, or a Turbo on a 993.

Physics were abit wonky on some cars, but alot of cars had them spot on.

My rating:
20/10, that game was a masterpiece.

OT:
Can't wait to see the car list, wonder if EA added some great Ferrari's, like the Enzo, F50, F40 and 250.
No wait. monocle.gif
250 Wouldn't work in NFS. whatsthat.gif

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Monday, May 27 2013, 12:12)
QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 18:22)
I know it's hard to predict yet, but an NFS title for Next gen might have only few differences compared to the latest PS3 releases.
NFS titles from 2006 onwards seemed to have no differences at all.

Are you on crack?

People mainly seem to "complain" about the mixing it up too much, which I like actually, keeps the franchise fresh IMO.

I'm honestly not sure if you are serious or what, have you ever even actually played a NFS game?

That's not my point. I didn't even say there was no difference at all.
IDK if you're educated about metaphors or not.

My point was there was VERY LITTLE difference at all. And most of it was graphical. Happy?
My mistake on that sentence is that I didn't say that it was in comparison to PS2 titles from 2006.
I was not saying NFS didn't improve on the PS3.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

The whole Ferrari won't allow damage tale is a myth. It's just that their license to have cars in a video game is insanely expensive. All I want to do is add some black alloys on my cars, but they won't even try to do that. I won't judge it yet though, but I was disappointed with Most Wanted (2012), so I won't be setting the bar high.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 23:12)
I know it's hard to predict yet, but an NFS title for Next gen might have only few differences compared to the latest PS3 releases.

Are you on crack?

People mainly seem to "complain" about the mixing it up too much, which I like actually, keeps the franchise fresh IMO.

I'm honestly not sure if you are serious or what, have you ever even actually played a NFS game?

So people should conform to your opinion and if not, they're on crack. catspider.gif

You're getting way too aggressive over any negative post. Chill out, hombre.

I don't see much difference either other than Frostbite 2 and that came out with The RUN yeah? Other than that, it's basically the same gameplay for the last few titles other than Shift, which is an entirely different aspect of racing.

This game could be the go to for some NFS fans but the fans from the originals won't like this too much I don't think. Atleast they're bringing Ferrari into it again.. so I don't see too much damage to cars but perhaps more of their older style racing, which was always glorious in earlier NFS titles. I don't think I'll buy this one but I may try it out.. we'll see what E3 offers and if some gameplay of it happens there.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Just hope the cars have better handling than The Run.

I swear, I rage quitted so many times because of that game, the cars handled like they were made with bricks and sh*t. bored.gif suicidal.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, I played Run for about 30mins before giving up on it. Handled like NASCAR lol.gif

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Monday, May 27 2013, 03:49)
OT:
Can't wait to see the car list, wonder if EA added some great Ferrari's, like the Enzo, F50, F40 and 250.
No wait. monocle.gif
250 Wouldn't work in NFS. whatsthat.gif

I'm personally hoping for the F40, Testarosa, GTO (Any of them), Dino, and the Daytona. I'd be estatic if any combo of those made it in.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by corvettelover, 27 May 2013 - 07:59 PM.

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, May 27 2013, 13:41)
QUOTE (corvettelover @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 23:12)

Are you on crack?

So people should conform to your opinion and if not, they're on crack. catspider.gif

You're getting way too aggressive over any negative post. Chill out, hombre.

I don't see much difference either other than Frostbite 2 and that came out with The RUN yeah? Other than that, it's basically the same gameplay for the last few titles other than Shift, which is an entirely different aspect of racing.

This game could be the go to for some NFS fans but the fans from the originals won't like this too much I don't think. Atleast they're bringing Ferrari into it again.. so I don't see too much damage to cars but perhaps more of their older style racing, which was always glorious in earlier NFS titles. I don't think I'll buy this one but I may try it out.. we'll see what E3 offers and if some gameplay of it happens there.

No, the original post of
is a completely ridiculous statement.

If I said, GTA has been the same since it came out, wouldn't you think it was ridiculous? If you look around, the main complaints are that it switches it up too much, not that they are too similar.

And anyways, he cleared up what he meant (graphically, they haven't improved much on PS3) I did not see how that was "way too aggressive", he didn't seem to take offence from it lmao.

Watching YouTube videos doesn't count, you have to actually play the games. But anyhow, if you seriously think they are the same, whatever I guess.

Ontopic: Can't wait for this, looks like it'll be good. Hopefully they loose the Criterion handling though, since it mentions Criterion in the trailer.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

You are being abit aggressive, especially being he meant a simple and no offense statement. No need to react like 'Are you on crack?' .. It's his opinion. There really aren't alot of differences in NFS bro, and I have played every single NFS since '94. Even the god forsaken Pro Street. I have to agree with that statement, only thing that changes is the screenplay/background of the title and graphics, being it went from whatever to FB2. Gameplay is still the same, Cars look the same, mechanics are the same, yada yada yada. Rivals will be another MOST WANTED man, I'm telling you. This time it's just what? Cops and Racers? How different is that from Hot Pursuit?

NFS has jumped on the annual release train like COD and all the other games of this time. It's sad.. companies lost what they were founded for, games that are valued for years, not a acouple months.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

It's just amazing how almost every game gets compared to COD... dozingoff.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, especially when NFS had been an annual game long before CoD.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by corvettelover, 27 May 2013 - 09:55 PM.

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, May 27 2013, 20:20)
You are being abit aggressive, especially being he meant a simple and no offense statement. No need to react like 'Are you on crack?' .. It's his opinion. There really aren't alot of differences in NFS bro, and I have played every single NFS since '94. Even the god forsaken Pro Street. I have to agree with that statement, only thing that changes is the screenplay/background of the title and graphics, being it went from whatever to FB2. Gameplay is still the same, Cars look the same, mechanics are the same, yada yada yada. Rivals will be another MOST WANTED man, I'm telling you. This time it's just what? Cops and Racers? How different is that from Hot Pursuit?

NFS has jumped on the annual release train like COD and all the other games of this time. It's sad.. companies lost what they were founded for, games that are valued for years, not a acouple months.

Well, different people.

Of course the gameplay will be similar, they're racing games, you can't change driving a whole lot without it being ridiculous or insanely hard.

With your rationale though, GTA has been the same since 2001, police chases? check. Carjacking? check, gunplay? check. But they're obviously not the same. Again though, I didn't see how I was aggressive, I don't think anyone takes "are you on crack?" to be a serious insult, atleast I wouldn't.

And they didn't jump on the annual release train like COD, they've had annual releases practically the entire time. I still play the older NFS games, so I'd say they accomplished the valued for years portion too. Just go back a page or two, I actually posted a release chart EA released showing annual releases with the exception of the time between NFS1 and NFS2, and between PU and HP2.

Again, not being aggressive, just clearing some of the rampant misinformation here, but at the end of the day they're just 1 and 0's, so who really cares I guess.

And the cars look the same because we're hitting a barrier on graphics, atleast carwise, you can blame car manufacturers if you think they all look the same, not EA's fault.

-----------------

But whatever, ontopic again, I hope Frostbite 3 is as optimized at FB2, from the BF4 trailer FB3 doesn't look that much different though. Hopefully they release a Carlist soon, nice to see Ferarri back again, I think HP2 was the last NFS game to feature them with the exception of SHIFT console DLC.

Sgt. Foley :

That's what I'm talking about  Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Fixed! tounge2.gif

I wish they'd annouce they're releasing a "HD" (HD is thrown around too much, but the only word I can think of) remake of High Stakes, right down to the soundtrack, tracks and carlist.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

I posted the video to show the snowy track, and how I said it would be great if there was seasonal weather.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Corvette, what I mean by annual train, is that they release a 'New and Improved' version of the game each year though it's exactly the same as last. You can't deny that.. what has NFS done in the last let's say 4yrs that has blown your mind? I can't think of one single thing honestly. As far as GTA, yeah, it's highly repetitive as well but it's more valuable than that of NFS. GTA has a wide spectrum of things to do, while NFS you can only do one thing, hit the gas and hope for the best. Which they are different genre's.. so there's really no debate there. So your point on that is abit irrelevant. I'm not trying to argue with you.. I'm just trying to let you see outside the box alittle bit for what a game is actually about.. You're basing your opinions because you like the series.. not from a future perspective to help the series grow.

Also, the EA line, c'mon now. It's entirely EA's/Criterion's fault. How can you tell me the cars are at a barrier? That's makes absolutely no sense at all. I don't expect Forza graphics nor GT graphics nor Driveclub graphics but I expect something better than what they had for the last 2-3yrs man. There's no excuse to have the sh*t looking the same. No excuse at all.. that's developers fault absolutely. How can other games accomplish a Ferrari perfectly (though others are more realistic) but NFS' Ferrari looks like Lego Star Wars game type sh*t.. atleast polish it up abit ffs.

Done with the debate, all it's doing is derailing the topic. If you want to continue your movement.. take it to PM.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by corvettelover, 27 May 2013 - 11:00 PM.

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, May 27 2013, 22:35)
Corvette, what I mean by annual train, is that they release a 'New and Improved' version of the game each year though it's exactly the same as last. You can't deny that.. what has NFS done in the last let's say 4yrs that has blown your mind? I can't think of one single thing honestly. As far as GTA, yeah, it's highly repetitive as well but it's more valuable than that of NFS. GTA has a wide spectrum of things to do, while NFS you can only do one thing, hit the gas and hope for the best. Which they are different genre's.. so there's really no debate there. So your point on that is abit irrelevant. I'm not trying to argue with you.. I'm just trying to let you see outside the box alittle bit for what a game is actually about.. You're basing your opinions because you like the series.. not from a future perspective to help the series grow.

Also, the EA line, c'mon now. It's entirely EA's/Criterion's fault. How can you tell me the cars are at a barrier? That's makes absolutely no sense at all. I don't expect Forza graphics nor GT graphics nor Driveclub graphics but I expect something better than what they had for the last 2-3yrs man. There's no excuse to have the sh*t looking the same. No excuse at all.. that's developers fault absolutely. How can other games accomplish a Ferrari perfectly (though others are more realistic) but NFS' Ferrari looks like Lego Star Wars game type sh*t.. atleast polish it up abit ffs.

Done with the debate, all it's doing is derailing the topic. If you want to continue your movement.. take it to PM.

Well, you obviously have a wildly different oppionion of the game, I'm not gonna argue either, I like the games, I don't think they're all the same and I think the cars look fine, not a whole lot more we can model exterior wise on cars in games now.

I agree with the last part, back ontopic now. This is a NFS topic afterall, for people who enjoy the games, so lets talk about the game now.

Only thing I will say is, the car is blocky, or lego like as you put it, in real life too. Just the way it's style'd.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Hoping, not not holding my breath, for a in car view this time around.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Never gonna happen with the First person view in the car. I can imagine only the early NFS games and the simulators (Shift and Shift 2) will only have that.

Anyway, I think they did a good job on modeling the car. Sure, it doesn't have EVERY detail, but it still looks good!

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, May 27 2013, 23:03)
Never gonna happen with the First person view in the car. I can imagine only the early NFS games and the simulators (Shift and Shift 2) will only have that.

Anyway, I think they did a good job on modeling the car. Sure, it doesn't have EVERY detail, but it still looks good!

Yeah, won't happen, but doesn't hurt to hope.

As odd as it may sound, I hope they have the "Orange Peel" effect on the cars The Run had, only game I've ever seen where they actually replicated the orange peel effect car paint has, really adds to the little neat details.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Corvette, what I mean by annual train, is that they release a 'New and Improved' version of the game each year though it's exactly the same as last. You can't deny that.. what has NFS done in the last let's say 4yrs that has blown your mind? I can't think of one single thing honestly.

Agreed, NFS hasn't stood out for me since Most Wanted 1. I loved Pro-Street and the Shift series too, but the last NFS that I really loved was Most Wanted. Most Wanted (2012) is basically Burnout Paradise with police.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 13:12)
Most Wanted (2012) is basically Burnout Paradise with police.

I have to agree with that. They didn't even need to call it most wanted because it had not much similarities as the original one.

BTW, I will only buy the game if it has car customization back. That was my favourite part in Carbon, Pro street, etc... smile.gif

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:59 PM Edited by ainsz, 29 May 2013 - 05:27 PM.

Totally agree. The last good NFS for me was Carbon, it wasn't much of a step up from Most Wanted but the whole street racing era of NFS really was the peak of the series. Today, NFS is bland and directionless. All Criterion did was make two two watered down Burnout games under popular NFS titles. And it seemed Black Box forgot what they were meant to do. Or it was just EA interfering with the devs too much.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

If this is just another Burnout game under the name NFS I'll pass. The Run really turned me away from NFS. Most Wanted 2012 gave me hope that at some point NFS would be revived. If this new game is just the same repackaged game that Most Wanted 2012 was in the first place, I'm done with NFS. I'll give my hard earned bucks to Polyphony Digital instead, GT6 here I come.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:36 PM Edited by corvettelover, 29 May 2013 - 05:39 PM.

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 16:41)
If this is just another Burnout game under the name NFS I'll pass. The Run really turned me away from NFS. Most Wanted 2012 gave me hope that at some point NFS would be revived. If this new game is just the same repackaged game that Most Wanted 2012 was in the first place, I'm done with NFS. I'll give my hard earned bucks to Polyphony Digital instead, GT6 here I come.

Did you play Most Wanted? It isn't nearly as similar to Burnout as people say, all real cars (including Traffic), gorgeous graphics [atleast on PC], police chases, great car sounds, and just plain fun to play, steering is heavier than Burnout too, but still has the Criterion steering-feel unfortuantly.

I think this one is done in-house, so no need to be worried, the Criterion sourced ones were very similar to each other, mostly car handling/feeling wise.

Also, you shouldn't have to choose between GT and NFS, with the exceptions of Shift/Shift 2 they are all Arcade racer/cruiser. Just wait for a price drop on it then, usually happens in a timely manner with how EA's been of late. Or it'll go on sale very cheap, got MW and all the DLC for around $30 a few months back.

And it seemed Black Box forgot what they were meant to do. Or it was just EA interfering with the devs too much.

I think EA actually said they worked them too hard, so the games did not come out nearly as polished as before, I believe that was the reason for the Criterion NFS's, to give Black Box a break, unfortunantly it appears they (BB) aren't working on it anymore, or atleast not this one.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:17 AM Edited by kudoboi, 06 June 2013 - 02:59 PM.

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 10:38)
QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 09:48)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 11:00)
What is that supposed to mean? sh*tty damage?

I really hope you're not referring to the old games that had bad damage due to their time, are you?

means almost no damage cause Ferarri and all these luxury brands dont sell licenses without being sure that Devs wont let players destroy their cars or customize them too much

That might explain why the damage is so sh*tty on Forza aswell then.
I was going about 260 when i hit this...Thing.

bugatti can take a lot of DMG in grid 2

took some pics http://imgur.com/a/SrXci

but i guess it could be a reason why cars like lambos and porches and MIA in the game

OT:
Full career path for Cops and Racers

Both sides can wager speed points you have earned, the results/winnings tie to the scoring system

Takes place in fictional Redview County, containing over 100 miles of roads

Varied weather (snow, hail, fog, dust storms) are dynamic and change globally not race to race.

Will use PS4's ability to post videos

Will use Kinect

Features AllDrive, which allows your friends to play in your world simultaniously (no lobbies)

PS4, XboxOne, PS3, Xbox360, PC
Edit: more details

Both sides have tools: Jammers, electromagnetic pulses, shockwaves, roadblocks, and helicopter patrols

from the leaked GI

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Damn, this looks like another Hot Pursuit game under a different name. Not that it's a bad thing, but Hot Pursuit 2010 got on my nerves all the time. Zero customization, longest loading screens in NFS history (besides maybe the PS1 games), and if you stopped playing for too long, you lose your touch with the drifting, and the game becomes that much more difficult until you relearn it.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 10:17)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 10:38)
QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 09:48)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 11:00)
What is that supposed to mean? sh*tty damage?

I really hope you're not referring to the old games that had bad damage due to their time, are you?

means almost no damage cause Ferarri and all these luxury brands dont sell licenses without being sure that Devs wont let players destroy their cars or customize them too much

That might explain why the damage is so sh*tty on Forza aswell then.
I was going about 260 when i hit this...Thing.

bugatti can take a lot of DMG in grid 2

took some pics http://imgur.com/a/SrXci

but i guess it could be a reason why cars like lambos and porches and MIA in the game

OT:
Full career path for Cops and Racers

Both sides can wager speed points you have earned, the results/winnings tie to the scoring system

Takes place in fictional Redview County, containing over 100 miles of roads

Varied weather (snow, hail, fog, dust storms) are dynamic and change globally not race to race.

Will use PS4's ability to post videos

Will use Kinect

Features AllDrive, which allows your friends to play in your world simultaniously (no lobbies)

PS4, XboxOne, PS3, Xbox360, PC
Edit: more details

Both sides have tools: Jammers, electromagnetic pulses, shockwaves, roadblocks, and helicopter patrols

from the leaked GI

you have a link to the leak? I only got the TitanFall Leak link from the GI

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

I just pre-ordered this and the guy said if I would of paid in full, I would of got the first DLC for free.

wat. GameStop thing or what?

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:17 PM Edited by kudoboi, 23 August 2013 - 12:23 PM.

The game will be 30fps on all platforms. First battlefield 4 only runs at 720p on ps4 and now this. Next gen needs to die within 5 years

Dead rising 3 will also only be at 30fps

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

its locked at 30 on PC too.
only because of something like AllDrive...

pretty annoying

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 13:38)
its locked at 30 on PC too.
only because of something like AllDrive...

pretty annoying

Definitely.

Upcoming racing game Need for Speed: Rivals outputs at 30 frames per second across all platforms, Ghost has confirmed to Eurogamer.

Ghost founder and Rivals executive producer Marcus Nilsson said the development team opted to target 30fps instead of 60fps because of the racing game's new AllDrive feature.

AllDrive is the system used to seamlessly matchmake players within the same open world city. In the game, players can bump into each other whether they're completing Assignments as a cop, Speed Lists as a Racer, or just exploring.
"Anything can happen in AllDrive. That's the key innovation with this game. You don't have single-player, co-op or multiplayer. It just happens seamlessly.

"I could be playing the game, setting a time, and all of a sudden you could come into that world, and you could be carrying AI, I could be carrying AI, and all of a sudden, on that screen, there are a lot of cars. We always have to budget for the worst case scenario.
The cap on the number of players able to be in the same city at the same time is currently six on current-gen platforms, but this may change before release, Nilsson said. And, it may be possible to up the multiplayer player count for the PC and next-gen versions.

http://www.eurogamer...ames-per-second

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

What does that feature have to do with the fps lock though. It doesn't make sense

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users