184 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

That's sad.. Don't disagree with NFS Rivals y'all, you'll get a posting ban. Later smile.gif

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

Oh cool, can't wait, I loved Most Wanted, so I have high hopes for this

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by Sgt. Foley, 24 May 2013 - 05:03 AM.

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, May 24 2013, 00:48)
That's sad.. Don't disagree with NFS Rivals y'all, you'll get a posting ban. Later smile.gif

Nah, it's simple; you came barging into this topic, saying

@Foley, how do you know the roots of NFS? You were barely born or not born at all when the first NFS' came out, lol. It's not about customization, it's about NFS being NFS for what it was in those years. You must of not played the firsts.

That's really disrespectful, how do you come into the topic saying sh*t like this? It's not bad, but you're telling me that it's pretty much impossible for a person/gamer my age to play classic NFS games. It makes no sense.

Then, you continue to say;
You can't even tie your shoes on without someone.. so how you going to lecture others on a game? NFS of all things too.. your most coveted game man. Should have harder viewpoints than that. We're discussing what NFS was in those times compared to what it is now.. it's like putting in .50 cents and playing an arcade game rather than a fully developed title

You're assuming things because of my age, AGAIN. You clearly don't understand where I'm coming from on this right now. Maybe it's because you're too old... (see what i did there)

BTW, original post will be updated this weekend.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

Never said impossible.. but I know you haven't because you never talk of those man. Quit trying to act like you're big or something dude.

You obviously have no idea of NFS to even counter-argue my opinions based on 'well they had customisations in Underground' .. where did I mention anything that Rivals will be sh*t because of customisations?

Also, how was the first quote disrespectful.. you weren't born when it first came out, lol. That's not disrespect, that's truth. So how do you even know about the game? I doubt you have a copy of it. I still have mine and it was for PS1. I think I have abit more experience in NFS than you though.. You're just a fan of NFS so much that anyone who dislikes it, you have a disliking to. I'm purely getting into this with you because you claim to know the roots and all of a game you really know nothing about. Same goes for a number of other games you've mentioned before in the past, like your disliking for Max Payne 3 but never played the others.

Now if you want to man up, then quit arguing and continue with the topic. Allow others to express their opinions, that's what this topic is for.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Friday, May 24 2013, 04:44)
I don't want you in my topic right now lol. Leave or I'll tell a mod.

I'm not dealing with your bullsh*t. BTW, never said I knew more than anyone else, please learn to read. Thanks.

I'm sorry but I can't stand when people bullsh*t.

and the funny thing is, I'm probably way younger than every single person that says "go back to ur rootz lul"

Sad thing is, I'm and I know more about the roots of NFS more than anybody

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

Yeah, it's the truth... who gives a damn? Honestly, it's not that hard to find a download for any of the NFS games. icon14.gif

It's ridiculous how you try and piss me off! You do it on purpose and I look like a dumbass when you do, just stop man. If you really want to have a respectable conversation, do it and don't bring anything else into the conversation unless it actually matters in the conversation. mad.gif

Southern Comfort
  • Southern Comfort

GFX Hero

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

If anyone is interested I've found a way so we can all know the roots of Need for Speed. You might not have heard of the site but I can assure you it's legit, I knew the roots of NFS before it was cool.

http://en.wikipedia..../Need_for_Speed

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Friday, May 24 2013, 00:15)
Yeah, it's the truth... who gives a damn? Honestly, it's not that hard to find a download for any of the NFS games. icon14.gif

It's ridiculous how you try and piss me off! You do it on purpose and I look like a dumbass when you do, just stop man. If you really want to have a respectable conversation, do it and don't bring anything else into the conversation unless it actually matters in the conversation.  mad.gif

I have been having a conversation. I would highly suggest you download the originals then.. play them and then figure out if you think Rivals is BADASS! Yeah, it's cool, the graphics nowadays it has.. but the gameplay is horrible, just horrible compared to older NFS and I'm not saying it should be like the old days, but the atmosphere could be. Criterion are pumping out titles to raise profits rather than focus on keeping NFS as a classic.

I'm not trying to piss you off dude.. I was trying to learn how you knew the 'roots' of a game that was before your time is all. I'm on this topic because I was curious to see what the new NFS had to offer and noticed it looks just like MW 2012.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

NFS MW 2012 was not really bad, it was ok, but it felt like a childs game to be honest. the handling was very loose and I'm pretty sure cars in real life or in any other game aren't like that. we don't even know what it could possibly be turned into. some people need to give chances

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

I just know what they're capable of right now.. I don't see Rivals being a big improvement since their last, I honestly don't. But if they do make it better, then good. One thing that stood out though, the picture of the pursuit car. That thing is uggglllyyyy.. whew. That alone bothers me for the hope of that game. Just wait until E3, they may suprise you, they may not.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

Hopefully they blow our minds at the show, I'm interested in the "All Drive" feature (I think it's alldrive lol)

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

The thing that bothers me with the NFS franchise is that each games goes in it's own thematic/gameplay direction. It is never directly clear how the gameplay is going to be based on the title, everyone has different opinions on the NFS series, but I haven't heard of anyone liking each individual game. Everyone has their own tastes, NFS: Underground and NFS: Hot Pursuit are like night and day.

For me Hot Pursuit was a breath of fresh air, the game could have used a lot more content and gameplay modes, but overall it was nice to see the series going back to its roots (PS1) days.

I don't car too much for the street racing NFS games (Underground, etc) but it is only a matter of personal taste, they are very far from the worst in the series. Car customizations don't matter to me so much, since customizing an Italian sports car and customizing a Japanese import are two totally different things. Ferrari wouldn't take too kindly to seeing one of their cars with tribal decals and underglow.

Every other game seems to be a mixed bag (Most Wanted, The Run, Undercover, Carbon).

Is anyone else annoyed by this? I have a feeling Rivals is going to be one of those "mixed bag" games, conceptually similar to other NFS games, but with its own gameplay mechanics, for better or worse.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

Criterion will f*ck this one up beautifully.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 06:40)
Criterion will f*ck this one up beautifully.

Criterion is not developing it ...

It's Ghost Games.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

car customization!
I used to love it. I spent 60% off my time in costuming my cars.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

user posted image
CODE
[img]http://i.imgur.com/wWg9hNo.jpg[/img]

user posted image
CODE
[img]http://i.imgur.com/nW73Kxo.png[/img]

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Is anyone else kind of hoping this won't be an open-world game? I miss driving through varied exotic environments, like the Mediterranean, rocky deserts, etcs. I really hope this isn't going to just take place in another generic city.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (agent17 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 01:22)
Is anyone else kind of hoping this won't be an open-world game? I miss driving through varied exotic environments, like the Mediterranean, rocky deserts, etcs. I really hope this isn't going to just take place in another generic city.

I think its stated already that its open road. someone posted a link about it

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

I wouldn't mind if it was open-world or track only.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Need for Speed: Rivals is in the works at Ghost Games, EA’s newest studio, in partnership with Criterion Games.

It uses Frostbite 3 and combines the “intensity of the street’s ultimate rivalry between cops and racers,” in an open road environment where players can choose between being a police officer or a racer.

http://www.vg247.com...4-and-xbox-one/

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

I say the hell with NFS, bring Burnout back!

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (agent17 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 23:22)

While I agree on this statement we should also remember that this is a game, everything is possible if developers are ambitious.
Hot Pursuit had a pretty good environmental variety.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:56)

Amen to that!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (Eagles @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:21)

Amen to that!

Burnout Paradise inlove.gif

I miss Burnout so much man and the multiplayer interactions were amazing.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:30)

Amen to that!

icon14.gif I have some awesome memories of me playing that game. It was so awesome and I loved it's soundtrack too. I stopped playing when my PS3 gave-out back in 2010. sad.gif I lost everything.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:34 AM Edited by GunWrath, 25 May 2013 - 02:38 AM.

Yeah, no doubt. I hate to be off-topic but it popped in my head while thinking of NFS. I really much rather see that than this.

Also, I browsed up Burnout as possible release and came across this; http://www.gamespot....ut-game-6398409
Creative director Craig Sullivan confirms studio will "at some point" make new entry in series; teases company may develop Road Rash game next.

Road Rash, omfg.. I played that on SEGA over and god damn over and fkn over. BRING THAT BACK TOO!

Them young'n's don't know about that Road Rash
user posted image

Yeah, that's right. f*ck the pooooleeeceee. Smash smash
user posted image

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:36 AM

what the case would look like on 360. apologies for terrible quality

user posted image

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 15:32)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:30)

Amen to that!

icon14.gif I have some awesome memories of me playing that game. It was so awesome and I loved it's soundtrack too. I stopped playing when my PS3 gave-out back in 2010. sad.gif I lost everything.

Screw that game, bring me back to the days of Burnout 3 or Revenge, now THAT was the real Burnout sh*t. Great racing, great cars, great crashes.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, May 24 2013, 18:34)
Yeah, no doubt. I hate to be off-topic but it popped in my head while thinking of NFS. I really much rather see that than this.

Also, I browsed up Burnout as possible release and came across this; http://www.gamespot....ut-game-6398409
Creative director Craig Sullivan confirms studio will "at some point" make new entry in series; teases company may develop Road Rash game next.

Road Rash, omfg.. I played that on SEGA over and god damn over and fkn over. BRING THAT BACK TOO!

Them young'n's don't know about that Road Rash
user posted image

Yeah, that's right. f*ck the pooooleeeceee. Smash smash
user posted image

f*cking Road Rash man icon14.gif Now that was a fun ass game. When I saw bats in bike races in TLAD in previews and such all I said was 'GTA meets road rash...take my money Rockstar!'

Second best motorcycle racing game I've ever played. First is Speed Kings which
is kind of like Road Rash with more stunts and less beating people up side the head with a bat. But both are bloody awesome.

Anyhow seems this will be open world, open world as a cop in SP or Multiplayer should be fun as hell. Imagine sitting on the couch park your Koeinsegg or whatever other cop car you have on the side of the road, and just eat a donut waiting for someone to blow by you while you fumble the donut in the scramble for the controller lol. orly.gif

@Sgt. Foley not a bad looking case man, I'm thinking it'll look something like that my self.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

It's tons of fun, making game cases. As of tomorrow, I'll be creating a Xbox One game case templated for Photoshop.

OT: I've heard of Road Rash but never played it. If Criterion is going to recreate that then hell yeah, I'll buy it. Haven't played a video game with bikes in years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users