184 replies to this topic
UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

No Cockpit view = No buy for Me. It's 2013 ffs

FYI I saw a rumour somewhere on the net, that the both the screenshots and the trailer are CGI suicidal.gif

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'm liking that it looks to be mainly countryside. I love to just open up on those open roads.

About the customization iNero mentioned, I hope by Tires you meant rims and not just tires (which if visuals make it in so will proformance so we'd get both). If so I'm fine, I usually keep things plain.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 17:54)

FYI I saw a rumour somewhere on the net, that the both the screenshots and the trailer are CGI suicidal.gif

LOL. then you should read what written in the trailer

( all footage from game engine ) .

who talks that BS...

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

i dont know much bout nfs games last that i like was U2 and last game that i play was Shift.
I just came to say i like the old school logo of the new game reminds me of first nfs game.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:54)

Pretty much this, maybe if its very very good I would consider it (which I doubt).

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Never really cared for cockpit view, but hey, if that's what you like that's what you like.

I just want an actual free roam to return. MW 2012 gave a lot of that, but it didn't feel right.

And car customization. Damn. If games that aren't even centered around racing have deeper customization than an actual racing game, that's pathetic.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Nice! I don't understand why people are so angry at the fact that there's no customization, and that they should go back to their "roots". The first NFS had no customization at all...

Get over yourselves. BTW, XBOX 360 CONFIRMED!

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

I don't understand the hate on "No cockpit view" really, I don't care about the Cockpit view at all tbh.

Never played an NFS game since Most Wanted but I might give this a check but I suck at Racing games sadly.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Friday, May 24 2013, 07:52)
Nice! I don't understand why people are so angry at the fact that there's no customization, and that they should go back to their "roots". The first NFS had no customization at all...

They didn't have customization (except colour change) until Underground, you had this thing where you could add body kits and basic paint in High Stakes but I think that was it. I mean, I like customization but its not a deal breaker.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Concept is taken from Hot Pursuit 3.

I expected urban setting, a nice night city. sad.gif sad.gif

As for cockpit - not a big deal, it's not GRID2, it's an arcade racing.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 18:52)

Exactly.

First game (and most afterwards) had NO freeroam, NO customization, NO storyline. Yet everyone goes "I WANT A STORY AND CUSTOMIZATION AND FREEROAM JUST LIKE THE FIRST GAME!!!11!!! BACK TO THEIR ROOTS!!11!!"

If anything, Shift 1/2 were the closest newer games to their "roots", closed tracks..ect. The Run was somewhat similar to the older games, but not their "roots" either.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

I would like to thank you.

I would like to thank you for one reason. You actually agree with me on this, people are really f*cking brainless about this "back to NFS roots" thing. Shift 1 & 2 were amazing in my opinion. I hope they're planning a 3rd one. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by corvettelover, 24 May 2013 - 12:30 AM.

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:20)
QUOTE (corvettelover @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 08:29)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 11:01)
Another NFS?  sneaky2.gif   They need to let it die and wait until they come up with an actually decent background/story. NFS has turned into abit of a Call of Duty the last 'couple years.

NFS has always had yearly releases since Need For Speed 2.

And please, no story! I don't see why anyone would want a damn storyline in a NFS game, whats the point?

They only skipped one year, between NFS PU and HP2.

(offtopic, look at HS's boxart, why did they cut the Ferrari 550 Maranello out and put a Murcilago in its place?)

And how well has that turned out for the NFS series? I don't mean an award-winning story but something other than, 'Hey, you're an agent undercover, beat the main racer and finish the story!' .. We need something with some backbone. Each year, NFS looks like it's last predecessor. Time to evolve and change abit, don't ya think? This looks exactly like Most Wanted but hey, let's call it RIVALS!

NFS is nothing compared to it's past. When NFS stood above the rest, now it's just another thrown together play-doh game.

Actually, the NFS games without stories were the best IMHO, and most all of them did very good in the sales department. (IIRC MW2012 and HP2010 did very well with sales too). If you want racing and a story, go play/watch Fast and the Furious.

And most of the NFS games have been fairly different from the last, High Stakes to Porsche Unleashed?, Porsche Unleashed to Hot Pursuit 2? Hot Pursuit 2 to Underground? Underground to Underground 2? Underground 2 to Most Wanted? ProStreet to Undercover? Undercover to SHIFT? HP2010 to The Run? The Run to Most Wanted 2012?

Play them for a minute in order and come back and say they are all the same/look the same.

And this won't be the same as Most Wanted 2012, completely different developers, Criterion was responsible for HP2010 and MW2012. And Criterion have stated they are not working on another NFS title again, or any racing games for that matter. Also different engine, I think MW2012 and HP2010 were on Chameleon Engine (or whatever they call it) and this will be on Frostbite.

Only NFS game that is actually bad is Undercover, I don't know how they screwed it up so bad, but that game is atrocious, atleast on PC.

And Sgt. Foley, I agree, I am so sick of people talking about the roots of NFS, It really seems like people think Most Wanted/Underground 2 were the first NFS games.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

and the funny thing is, I'm probably way younger than every single person that says "go back to ur rootz lul"

Sad thing is, I'm and I know more about the roots of NFS more than anybody

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

I don't know about you all, but I don't give a damn about customization. All I want is Ferrari, a huge countryside based map, a wonderful amount of cars, better handling, and fun career races. Interior view would be great but I'm not going to die if it's not added.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

Another NFS? sneaky2.gif They need to let it die and wait until they come up with an actually decent background/story. NFS has turned into abit of a Call of Duty the last 'couple years.

F*cking this. 100%.

Need for Speed has become the CoD of racing games. Great games from 2005-2008, then just downhill yearly releases with bad ideas...

Hot Pursuit was OK, but it had no story. I want a real story mode. Undercover was OK, I didn't think it was as bad as reviews made it out to be. More of the CGI/greenscreen of MW and Carbon (with better acting). I don't know what kind of story to ask for, but if they can recreate another Most Wanted'05, they have a returning customer in me.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced Need for Speed™ Rivals, an action/racing game created by an inspired new development team, using a powerful engine and delivering next-generation gameplay. Need for Speed Rivals is being developed by EA’s newest studio, Ghost Games, who bring new thinking and innovation to the Need for Speed franchise in partnership with the expert racing team at Criterion Games. Built on the Frostbite™ 3 game engine, Need for Speed Rivals captures the adrenaline and intensity of the street’s ultimate rivalry between cops and racers in a stunning open road environment. Need for Speed Rivals is coming to Xbox 360® game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC on November 19, 2013 and will also be released on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation 4 later this year.

In Need for Speed Rivals, gamers play as either a cop or racer, where each side of the law has its own set of high stakes challenges, rewards and consequences. As a racer, the goal is to become infamous for taking risks behind the wheel and capturing your most intense escapes on video for the world to see. The more cops players evade, the more Speed Points they collect, enabling them to unlock new cars and items. Keep raising the stakes race after race to become an ever-more valuable target to the cops – but risk losing it all if busted. As a cop, players work together as part of a team in pursuit of racers, earning prominence and rising in the ranks of the Police Force with every bust. Achieving higher ranks unlocks new police-only cars and more powerful pursuit tech.

Ghost Games also announced today the long-awaited return of Ferrari to the Need for Speed franchise. For the first time in seven years, gamers can get behind the wheel of some of the most luxurious, desirable automobiles on the planet, including the F12berlinetta. Spokesperson Stefano Saporetti, Head of Brand Operations in Ferrari, added, “We are back in the Need For Speed franchise, starting with Need for Speed Rivals, as we want the fans of this world famous and award-winning racing game saga to be able again to feel the excitement of the Ferrari Brand and cars.”

At the heart of Need for Speed Rivals is AllDrive, an innovative new online feature that allows gamers to seamlessly transition from playing alone to playing with friends, eliminating the line between single player and multiplayer. Players will have to keep one eye on their rearview mirror as friends will be able to enter and exit races on-the-fly, creating a world where no two events will ever be the same.

“The Need for Speed franchise has been an industry leader bringing social competition to the forefront in games,” said Marcus Nilsson, Executive Producer, Ghost Games. “For the first time, players will have the freedom to seamlessly go from single player to co-op to multiplayer. In Need for Speed Rivals we are creating one game experience with one progression, where the freedom to play with friends is more fluid and accessible than ever before.”

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:13 AM Edited by Kifflom112, 24 May 2013 - 01:18 AM.

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 19:52)
Need for Speed has become the CoD of racing games. Great games from 2005-2008

For me it was 2001-2007. The stories wasn't when Need for Speed got excited and 2008 wasn't a good year for Need for Speed. Just look at how horrible Undercover was. Hot Pursuit was okay but forgettable. Most Wanted 2012 wasn't that bad though and that is why I'm not looking down on the new game yet.
"eliminating the line between single player and multiplayer"
I hate it when game developers do this crap. Even GTA V is doing this and it drives me nuts. Just let me enjoy single player without any of this annoying multiplayer crap, please?

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

I haven't played NFS since Most Wanted/Carbon. From an outside perspective, I've heard about the series going downhill and I've seen it switch from street to track racing. To anyone who's played the most recent iterations, how have they developed from the releases on the PS2? Is the core gameplay the same i.e. driving mechanics/physics? How has customization developed?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 22:30)
I haven't played NFS since Most Wanted/Carbon. From an outside perspective, I've heard about the series going downhill and I've seen it switch from street to track racing. To anyone who's played the most recent iterations, how have they developed from the releases on the PS2? Is the core gameplay the same i.e. driving mechanics/physics? How has customization developed?

Well, first of all, they're using a new game engine (Frostbite) which is the same engine used in Medal of Honor, and Battlefield. It feels way better than anything on the PS2. Customization is down a bit, there hasn't been a ton of customization in the last few games.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Friday, May 24 2013, 02:39)

Well, first of all, they're using a new game engine (Frostbite) which is the same engine used in Medal of Honor, and Battlefield. It feels way better than anything on the PS2. Customization is down a bit, there hasn't been a ton of customization in the last few games.

Carbon/ProStreet had the AutoSculpt, which was actually a very cool feature, but other than that it's basically been pick your color, which is fine by me, no need for ricey widebody kits, or 26's, or split opening hoods, or putting a sound system in your ingame car that doesn't affect anything whatsoever, or 10 inch exhaust tips..

And to everyone saying it has turned into a yearly COD fest, take a look at the release schedule for the game series, almost yearly the entire time, and they are actually different from each other, I've never had a NFS game feel anything at all like a DLC, which you cannot say the same for COD anymore.

The Run was also Frostbite, I think Frostbite 2?

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Friday, May 24 2013, 02:43)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Friday, May 24 2013, 02:39)

Carbon/ProStreet had the AutoSculpt, which was actually a very cool feature, but other than that it's basically been pick your color, which is fine by me, no need for ricey widebody kits, or 26's, or split opening hoods, or putting a sound system in your ingame car that doesn't affect anything whatsoever, or 10 inch exhaust tips..

And to everyone saying it has turned into a yearly COD fest, take a look at the release schedule for the game series, almost yearly the entire time, and they are actually different from each other, I've never had a NFS game feel anything at all like a DLC, which you cannot say the same for COD anymore.

The Run was also Frostbite, I think Frostbite 2?

Thanks for the response guys. I'm feeling like I might jump back on the NFS bandwagon, its certainly been a while and the preview I read earlier sounds very promising indeed.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

I was thinking of customization from The Run and up. Most Wanted was alright, or maybe cause I don't like customizing my cars a lot.

Yes, The Run ran on Frostbite 2

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:52)
I don't know about you all, but I don't give a damn about customization. All I want is Ferrari, a huge countryside based map, a wonderful amount of cars, better handling, and fun career races. Interior view would be great but I'm not going to die if it's not added.

I'm good with customization ethier way. If it's in, cool, if it's not, cool. I usually don't go mindblowingly over the top, especially with Super cars and the like, maybe some rims and a diffrent color and I'm good.

I'm just glad that it looks to be country side or have more of it, personally I'd love a huge wide open country and then a minor city somewhere as well. MW2012's map was nice but I wish it had more of the country side we saw in the northern end of the map.

I'm excited to play as a cop again, that was fun as hell in HP2010 and such.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 19:52)
Another NFS?  sneaky2.gif   They need to let it die and wait until they come up with an actually decent background/story. NFS has turned into abit of a Call of Duty the last 'couple years.

F*cking this. 100%.

Need for Speed has become the CoD of racing games. Great games from 2005-2008, then just downhill yearly releases with bad ideas...

Hot Pursuit was OK, but it had no story. I want a real story mode. Undercover was OK, I didn't think it was as bad as reviews made it out to be. More of the CGI/greenscreen of MW and Carbon (with better acting). I don't know what kind of story to ask for, but if they can recreate another Most Wanted'05, they have a returning customer in me.

Absolutely. The last NFS I had fun with was NFS Underground and the Shift titles. But now they're just throwing out games with their name on them 'NFS ON FROSTBITE 2!' .. but looks exactly the same as other NFS'. It's sad man.. I wouldn't blame the company but the new minds behind the games now.. when you lose original designers and developers, things always go to worse. It's time they go back to their 'roots' and develop something that makes NFS stand back on top. Especially when you have Forza, Driveclub, GT6 and Grid2 coming .. you need to be able to compete. Yeah, NFS isn't a simulator nor the more realistic route but it's still a favorite racing game of anyone who grew up with it. I won't buy this, if anything, I'll try a demo or wait for reviews. I can already tell you the future for this one though..

@Foley, how do you know the roots of NFS? You were barely born or not born at all when the first NFS' came out, lol. It's not about customization, it's about NFS being NFS for what it was in those years. You must of not played the firsts.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:52)

Quoting this for you GW, since you would like to be a smartass.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not talking about customizations. Just because you know the originals didn't have it doesn't mean you 'know the roots'

You can't even tie your shoes on without someone.. so how you going to lecture others on a game? NFS of all things too.. your most coveted game man. Should have harder viewpoints than that. We're discussing what NFS was in those times compared to what it is now.. it's like putting in .50 cents and playing an arcade game rather than a fully developed title.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

You know GW, there's not much more I can take from you. I'm getting pissed off real quick, and I'm really trying my best to be mature as possible here. Haven't lost my cool in a while, then you come out of the big "GANG" section and post in Gaming Chat... I don't really understand what you're trying to do, but it's getting me irritated.

OT: The first NFS games were strictly ON TRACK only. There was no customization until NFS Underground. Underground changed NFS in a big way. People/Players could make their dream car if they really wanted too! I Know I did when I was younger. Please don't tell me I don't know NFS roots when I clearly do.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

Then get pissed bro.. lol That's what you're known for smile.gif

You know Underground and up and what it involved game wise, big whoop. Do you honestly think NFS now is anything compared to it's past? Mr. NFS Know it all? I'm talking about my opinions on the game and what I think they should do to make it better for actual NFS fans. Then you want to 'herr derr roots lolz i know more den all them kids', when clearly you don't. You shouldn't make a topic and NOT expect counter-opinions, you little rager.

OT: This might be the game for some of you.. since y'all are conformed to playing NFS for any title they release but for an actual NFS fan, I don't see this as a glorious moment for NFS. It will end up with the same praise as Most Wanted, sadly. Even the screenshots are just CGI. sneaky2.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

I don't want you in my topic right now lol. Leave or I'll tell a mod.

I'm not dealing with your bullsh*t. BTW, never said I knew more than anyone else, please learn to read. Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users