Need for Speed Rivals

182 replies to this topic
Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

user posted image

Electronic Arts has posted up a screenshot of a Koenigseggon on the official Need for Speed Facebook page, which appears to be teasing a reveal of the next Need for Speed game for next generation consoles.

The image comes with the caption ”Have no rules, show no mercy,” and the car has the words ”Police Pursuit” written across the side. EA is set to reveal the next generation of its Need for Speed franchise during its E3 press conference on June 10.

https://www.facebook...62668721&type=1

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:05)
user posted image

Electronic Arts has posted up a screenshot of a Koenigseggon on the official Need for Speed Facebook page, which appears to be teasing a reveal of the next Need for Speed game for next generation consoles.

The image comes with the caption ”Have no rules, show no mercy,” and the car has the words ”Police Pursuit” written across the side. EA is set to reveal the next generation of its Need for Speed franchise during its E3 press conference on June 10.

https://www.facebook...62668721&type=1

Looks absolutely awesome. icon14.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hopefully it's for both next gen and current gen.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Well I hope it's as food as Most Wanted 2012 was.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Well, I hope they make a good NFS game for once...

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 18:10)
Hopefully it's for both next gen and current gen.

Doubt it.

which appears to be teasing a reveal of the next Need for Speed game for next generation consoles.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Dat Most Wanted 1 vibe.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 13:26)
Dat Most Wanted 1 vibe.

Yeah, I feel it too...

The way it looks, the gloomyness, the dust particles... it screams Most Wanted 1

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Anyone else get a feeling we may be able to play as cops again like in the HP games?

Dunno it seems weird that they'd put in a Koeinsegg cop car (an likely other exotic cop cars) and not let us play as cops.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

I hope they dont f*ck up like they did with Most Wanted 2012, or The Run or Hot Pursion or..... whatever. Since MW1 it went downhill and didnt enjoy any of the new series (maybe Pro Street a bit).

Since a new studio is making this I have some hope.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Just A Stupid Kid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 10:29)
Dat Most Wanted 1 vibe.

Yeah, I feel it too...

The way it looks, the gloomyness, the dust particles... it screams Most Wanted 1

I want to see a sequel to the Most Wanted / Carbon storyline. I want a REAL Most Wanted 2, not a new Burnout game with "NFS" over top of it.

Or Underground 3, I wouldn't mind that at all unless they royally f*ck up AGAIN.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

All I need is customization, that is all.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

Looks awesome, I hope Criterion keeps away from it. (I believe they said they aren't doing racing games anymore, but who knows)

The Criterion NFS games were good, but they (HP and MW) both kinda feel too similar.

Better come out for PC. (All have so far, but again, who knows)

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 09:51)
Looks awesome, I hope Criterion keeps away from it. (I believe they said they aren't doing racing games anymore, but who knows)

The Criterion NFS games were good, but they (HP and MW) both kinda feel too similar.

Better come out for PC. (All have so far, but again, who knows)

Yeah while I liked HP2010 and MW2012 I'd be more than glad to see a non Critirion NFS.

Granted, they're the only two that in the time since Carbon have IMO been good. Not counting Shift which was okay but I see it as more of an off-shoot/spin off.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

This member title is 100% renewable

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:39)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 10:29)
Dat Most Wanted 1 vibe.

Yeah, I feel it too...

I want to see a sequel to the Most Wanted / Carbon storyline. I want a REAL Most Wanted 2, not a new Burnout game with "NFS" over top of it.

Or Underground 3, I wouldn't mind that at all unless they royally f*ck up AGAIN.

This icon14.gif
I really want to know what happens after the protagonist takes over Palmont City.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hope they have a good car list, all these Hypercars get boring after awhile, some JDM cars or Classic Exotics could work in NFS. confused.gif

But I can see where people are coming from with the MW1 Vibe.......

All will be forgiven if EA made a NFS that was a Hybrid of PU (Detailed tuning and damage), HS (Varied but rivaling car list, cars that made since) and MW1 (Freeroam and Tuning).

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by JBanton, 22 May 2013 - 06:15 PM.

EA are a deadout company and so is the Need for Speed Franchise if you ask me.

U3 or a proper sequel to MW (2005) or no sale.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Please let this be a new Hot Pursuit game.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

I already foresee this as a mishmash of recent NFS (HP+MW+UC)

Why did I come to this conclusion?

First screenshot: Koenigsegg police car. Because f*ck logic.

I want a real sequel to Most Wanted/Carbon. A real story mode that continues the canon of Carbon. What would be awesome, is a game that takes place in Palmont, before the player fled to Rockport. His rise to stardom in Palmont the first time. Then, the end of the story, where the player is in the race with the three bosses, and how it was a setup. The ensuing crazy final police chase, then the player makes it to Rockport, and the player can free roam after the story in Rockport or Palmont.

None of this sh*t:

user posted image

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by Sgt. Foley, 23 May 2013 - 02:08 AM.

MAJOR UPDATE:

user posted image

"The Rivalry Begins.
Learn more on May 23rd."

https://www.facebook...tif_t=notify_me

YES

HOLY sh*t, JUST NOTICED, A FERRARI IN A NFS GAME. WHAT.
http://gyazo.com/c22...61dbe3cbc9a4216

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Just A Stupid Kid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

Please let there be an actual storyline this time, not just cars driving around, and no reference to drivers.

MW/C sequel / prequel. Whichever, I don't mind.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 18:03)
MAJOR UPDATE:

user posted image

"The Rivalry Begins.
Learn more on May 23rd."

https://www.facebook...tif_t=notify_me

YES

HOLY sh*t, JUST NOTICED, A FERRARI IN A NFS GAME. WHAT.

Mind=Blown.

I just hope they have some old Ferraris, I want to be a Conisueer not a self endulgent weiner with to much BLOOODY MONEY! Gone in Sixty Seconds refrence I like new Ferraris as well it's okay. When I found out there was a
DB5 added to Most Wanted I nearly sh*t a twinkie.

But anyways it's about time, they've liscinced cars from Fiat Co. (Lancia Delta, Alfa Romeo, Masarati etc.) about time they let
the holy grail of Ferrari go into a street racing game which dosen't happen often.

@fatal1ty619 Who needs logic? Anyhow there's an acutal Veyron Police car in Dubai that I saw on the net. Though
IIRC it was used for a Charity type deal but still. There was also an Avendador...only in Dubai.

Anyhow as for what I want out of this, I want something between, Old Most Wanted, and old HP, with some elements from the new stuff. No over the top Burnout stuff or handleing (It was fun while it lasted but something diffrent could work as well), Customization, and no real Storyline, in my opinion Story lines in most racing games, NFS included, aren't exactly great, and overall have no real reason to be there. Though...I won't lie fatal1ty619...I'd be down for your idea in a heart beat, maybe have somesort of filler map between the two cities as well? Something similar to the HP games, wide open country, I'd love to have a giant ass area of forest and desert to take the cars to their real limit.

That said my main want is customization to return, okay it was in MW2012 but something more indepth, more than normal, mainly because then we could have more non Super/Hyper cars in the car list and still be able to compete unless they break it up into car classes like they did in MW2012. (Then again especially with AI...you could win in just about anything)

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

so more news today? I really hope they go back to Underground stuff but as it looks it will again be no focus on tuning and customization sad.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

All aboard the hype train!!

Can't wait, this makes tomorrow even BETTER !

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 04:17)

I wont be hyped until they announce tuning and customization is back in a proper way. thats what I want from a NFS

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

I'm just excited that a new NFS is on the way! I don't really care about customization because I keep my cars plain. I wish the best of luck to those who want it back though, hopefully it's bigger than the scale on MW.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 18:17)

I'm intrested. Hyped? Not yet at least.

It's the only EA/Annual franchise I'm intrested in. Yeah I know shady stuff, but they've been in my life since childhood, and
as of recently the franchise has been geting better again after the disapointment of Pro Street, Undercover and a few others.

Main reason I got MW2012 so early was I was able to get it on Black Friday for $25, and was able to get the DLC cheaper than normal as I went halfies with a friend. Was totally worth it IMO, though I haven't played it in a long while.

@iNero Well since Critierion is no longer at the helm apparently since they said they were done with racing games it could return the last non Criterion NFS The Run had it so who knows? I'm with you in wanting it to return as well.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 04:21)
I'm just excited that a new NFS is on the way! I don't really care about customization because I keep my cars plain. I wish the best of luck to those who want it back though, hopefully it's bigger than the scale on MW.

NFS MW (2012) was a pain...

boring as f*ck. no story, small scale, only few content, only few variety,

I still hope for a new MC from R*

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

http://en.wikipedia....using_Frostbite

Ghost Games is developing the next generation NFS. Using Frostbite engine too... this may be a good sign, but let's just play it safe. Let's try not to get our hopes up when they'll just be f*cked sad.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:28 AM Edited by iNero, 23 May 2013 - 02:30 AM.

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 04:27)
http://en.wikipedia....using_Frostbite

Ghost Games is developing the next generation NFS. Using Frostbite engine too... this may be a good sign, but let's just play it safe. Let's try not to get our hopes up when they'll just be f*cked sad.gif

well. new approach could be refreshing. and as they f*cked up FB on "The Run" they now probably can handle it for racing games

Edit: i searched for Ghost Games. seems like this studio doesnt exists at all. could be fake as everyone can post on wikipedia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users