Erm you're in Australia...

...Ford Falcon or Holden Commodore?

LOL @ wanting a 1.8 C Class over a V8 Aussie lol.gif

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:43 AM Edited by finn4life, 07 June 2013 - 03:47 AM.

QUOTE (visionist @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 01:18)
Erm you're in Australia...

...Ford Falcon or Holden Commodore?

LOL @ wanting a 1.8 C Class over a V8 Aussie lol.gif

There's a few reasons I don't want a Ford or Holden, and would rather a C class/BMW, also if your flag is anything to judge, you live in India, I don't see how you could really comment.

1. Every 2nd person has one, I am in one of those at least on a weekly basis and have driven them on many occasions, I don't like them for how they drive..
2. They're boring, boring and ugly interior, boring features, they don't look as nice, and again, everyone has them, they're also really bogan and make me a target for police when i'm "Probably droppin skidz in the commy!"
3. The use twice as much fuel for no reason, it's like 12-14 litres per hundred for a performance boost that isn't exactly gigantic, if I am going to spend that much on fuel, I want a sports car so I can hoon around and have fun using it while using less fuel still, not some falcon.
4. Price. I am paying more for a Falcon performace just because it's loud and has a bit more power even though it's ugly (interior), has bad fuel economy and every second person has it/a very similar model, when for a lesser price I could get something quiet, a little bit more unique, with plenty of features that looks nice. Or something just as powerful, but is small and fast that I can race around and have fun in that isn't ridiculously loud turning heads and making me a target.

Here's a perfect example of sh*tty interior, this is what the interior of all the Ford Performance cars look like.

user posted image

And here is what the regular Ford Falcons look like, which are significantly cheaper at the 40-55K mark but these are ultimately boring.

user posted image

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 04:43)
also if your flag is anything to judge, you live in India, I don't see how you could really comment.

user posted image

Yeah, look at these Indians, I don't think they have a clue about cars.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by finn4life, 07 June 2013 - 03:29 PM.

QUOTE (epoxi @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 02:11)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 04:43)
also if your flag is anything to judge, you live in India, I don't see how you could really comment.

user posted image

Yeah, look at these Indians, I don't think they have a clue about cars.

Haha sorry, I'm bad with flags and I only really glanced at it, As it turns out, it's an Italian flag, nice to see I made the notables anyway.

I wasn't saying that Indians know nothing about cars like you're implying, I was trying to state how he is in India, so it's a bit odd that he is insulting me for not driving and Aussie car, and yeah, I know he's not actually Indian haha, so let me rephrase that to say that it's odd that he lives in Italy and is bagging me out for not driving an aussie car.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

visionist doesn't live in Italy, he lives in the UK. Still, I don't see how it makes his opinion any less valid where he lives given FPV and Holden are world famous brands.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (epoxi @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 07:24)
visionist doesn't live in Italy, he lives in the UK. Still, I don't see how it makes his opinion any less valid where he lives given FPV and Holden are world famous brands.

Well there you go,I thought Holden and Ford were pretty much only known in Australia, it's not about the brands being.famous or not, it's just he seemed to be insulting me about the bogan-as-f*ck ford and commy.culture here and how I'm not taking part, but whatever it doesn't matter, that doesn't bother me I just thought it odd someone from a different country was so aware of it, Australia isn't exactly interesting, so I didn't think anyone outside it knew about it,.I stated my reasons for not liking the cars haha.

Also I'm pretty sure one of them already stopped producing cars here and the other is in the process of closing down their Australian manufacturing.
Sorry about the random commas, the browser I use is buggy and adds them in while not letting me delete them, the official browser is unuseable, for some reason every time I scroll it just bounces back to the top.

If you could help me out and choose a car you would like based on the options, that'd be just brilliant, right now I'm leaning towards the Toyota 86.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

Heavy Mercs with underpowered tiny engines aren't all that interesting either really.

I'm surprised the domestics there are still that expensive. Considering our dollars aren't all that different, I consider 40-55k to be quite a large sum for what's basically your Aus equivalent of a Crown Vic/Taurus love child.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 13:14)
Heavy Mercs with underpowered tiny engines aren't all that interesting either really.

I'm surprised the domestics there are still that expensive. Considering our dollars aren't all that different, I consider 40-55k to be quite a large sum for what's basically your Aus equivalent of a Crown Vic/Taurus love child.

True point, i'm not going with the merc, i'd go for the BMW equivalent, but I mean at least i'm going to be in a nice interior with some cool features, 6 speaker stereo, leather seats ect. And while it's not interesting, there is at least 5 times less BMW's and mercs going around than Ford's and Holden's, i've driven fords and Holden's many times, and I just don't like the ride, I've driven a BMW probably 7-8 times times (2002-2004 M3.) and gotten to ride in one of the 2007-2008 ones a bunch of times, one of my friends parents have a chunk of money, he got the old car the 2002/2004 (I forget which year) and his parents have the newer one, which I think they've upgraded again now, and I can say, while the BMW is certainly not as powerful, it's a nice ride.
However at this point, at you guys suggestions, I am thinking of the Toyota 86,

And yeah, like I said, there's not much use in whining, but I will definitely say that what we are charged is stupid, the Aussie dollar is higher than the US and has been dropping above and below for the last 3-4 years now, averaging around the same, yet we pay 300-400 bucks more for the latest Ipad, and various other bits of technology, we pay much more for cars (Partly due to taxation reasons.) Now I could see some of this being justified because we are a smaller market and shipping fees and taxes like I mentioned, but when we pay twice as much for songs on Itunes, and digital movie streaming and downloads, that's just dumb, it's digital, there is no reason to charge more. There was recently (Man, musta been 12 months now) where they did a governmental enquiry into IT prices and asked major companies why we were charged more, the government wasn't really impressed with the answers given. I found an article actually, it says consumers here are charged up to 88% more for IT related products, Microsoft said their prices were set, consumers should vote with their wallet, Apple blamed local copyright holders, which they claimed they had no control over Itunes prices, and Adobe said they charged more for the local experience. What a load of bollocks.

http://www.abc.net.a...-prices/4624376

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Just to go off-topic, I certainly didn't know that stuff like that was so much more expensive in Australia. It's one of the places I have never been to (though I have family there). But that is absolutely bollocks tbh, even I would balk at buying tech stuff there if you really do pay AU$300-400 more for something like an iPad. I suppose I'm spoiled as I'm in Hong Kong quite often and most tech there are cheap as chips. I'm regularly saving 200-300 per gadget (larger purchases like Macbook Pros). Even more if I get some friends to order for me from their campus network so I can get the education discount. It's unfathomable how you guys pay so much more for the same sh*t (especially digital content as you've said).

On-topic. Yes, GT86. icon14.gif

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:44 AM Edited by Stefche, 09 June 2013 - 06:46 AM.

It's shocking here, Outcast. Foreign cars over $45,000 have a 25% luxury import tariff, another reason why prices are inflated.

Given that Ford and Holden are both currently going down the toilet (with Ford shutting down manufacturing in Australia in 2016), I can see that changing in the next decade as it become more obvious that financially subsidizing a failing car industry year after year becomes more unfeasible. So, hopefully, these crappy luxury tariffs will be reduced, and Australian consumers can actually buy something more worthwhile brand new with the money they have.

On-topic: C-Class is a lovely car, sure, I mean it's a Merc, but you'd be an idiot to skimp on the 370Z/86 imo. My dad bought a new C200 Kompressor in 2009, paid $73,000 for it, sold it at the end of 2011 after it had done 7,000km and he got $45,000 for it lmao... Please, please, please, please do not buy it.

If you really want one, take $40,000 and buy one which has done sub 20,000km, since the market is saturated with them. Why anyone buys new cars in Australia, I don't know.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Here in China we're paying 145% on cars with 4.0L and above. I never really understood it when Americans complain about how expensive the price of this and that are. Come live in Asia Pacific for awhile and I guarantee it'll shut you right up. lol.gif

Michaś
  • Michaś

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 16:08)
Just to go off-topic, I certainly didn't know that stuff like that was so much more expensive in Australia. It's one of the places I have never been to (though I have family there). But that is absolutely bollocks tbh, even I would balk at buying tech stuff there if you really do pay AU$300-400 more for something like an iPad. I suppose I'm spoiled as I'm in Hong Kong quite often and most tech there are cheap as chips. I'm regularly saving 200-300 per gadget (larger purchases like Macbook Pros). Even more if I get some friends to order for me from their campus network so I can get the education discount. It's unfathomable how you guys pay so much more for the same sh*t (especially digital content as you've said).

On-topic. Yes, GT86. icon14.gif

Have you ever been to Ireland? tounge.gif

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:52 AM

^ Nope, doesn't sound good the way you put it haha. I might research that a bit once I get home.
Also Lurch, sorry if I was a little hostile towards Ford and Holden haha, I just really don't like them/the culture that revolves around them.

Anyway I've decided which car I want, it was difficult choosing between the Toyota or the Nissan. I went the Nissan, it's more powerful by like 120hp and it has better features. Also after thinking about prices, well it works out the same in this competition.

The gt86 is like 50k I get 25000 dollars cash, in one years time I can sell it for 35K, overall that's 60K total.

The 370z is 76k new I get 4k cash and in a year can sell the car off for about 50k, which equates to $54000.

The Nissan will end up with me losing out 6k over the gt86, but it's a bit of a better more fun car, also my mate beat a gt86 in a sprint with his 95 commodore station wagon...The gt86 driver probably had down syndrome, but I dunno, that looks bad haha. No way I'm losing to my mates station wagon, I would never hear the end of that, he already rants about how well it runs with nearly 400 000 kilometres on the clock.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:57 AM

To put it in perspective, the GT86 is p-legal in Victoria, whereas the 370Z is p-illegal. I think you've made the right choice.

95 commodore station wagon

Actually, nah, this is the direction you want to be heading in. icon14.gif icon14.gif

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 14:57)
To put it in perspective, the GT86 is p-legal in Victoria, whereas the 370Z is p-illegal. I think you've made the right choice.

95 commodore station wagon

Actually, nah, this is the direction you want to be heading in. icon14.gif icon14.gif

Haha yes, I won't have some 17 year old Asian guy with the same damn car as me.

I could actually get a station wagon, i'll have to look into that more, perhaps my first judgement was in haste.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users