Photo

GTA V Early Release

44 replies to this topic
asian man dan
  • asian man dan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Mr Makaveli @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 05:18)
Not to brag or anything, but there's a local independant game shop down here in Scotland, Glasgow that sell game's as soon as they get them in stock. I've been getting game's from there a few days or even a week earlier than the official release date. So i'll be getting GTA V on the 15th the latest.

I'll make another thread nearer to the release to prove i'm not bullsh*tting wink.gif

Does anyone else have a local game shop like this in their area?

Hey, I'm also from Glasgow. Could you let me know what shop this is? Or even PM me it

Thanks!

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Nice I'm pretty jealous OP. Game usually delivers the game a day or two earlier for me so I hope that continues with GTAV's release.

Mr Makaveli
  • Mr Makaveli

Expect me nigga, I'm Comin'

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (asian man dan @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 14:29)
Not to brag or anything, but there's a local independant game shop down here in Scotland, Glasgow that sell game's as soon as they get them in stock. I've been getting game's from there a few days or even a week earlier than the official release date. So i'll be getting GTA V on the 15th the latest.

I'll make another thread nearer to the release to prove i'm not bullsh*tting  wink.gif

Hey, I'm also from Glasgow. Could you let me know what shop this is? Or even PM me it

Thanks!

It's a shop called G Force in Union Street, Town.

Go to the store a few weeks before the release and ask the guys that work there when they'll be getting the game in. if you ask over the phone, they say they don't sell games early, for obvious reasons. I'm surprised they've still not been caught. they're risking over a £1000 fine just to make a quick few extra bucks lol

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Mr Makaveli @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 00:11)
QUOTE (asian man dan @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 14:29)

I'll make another thread nearer to the release to prove i'm not bullsh*tting  wink.gif

Thanks!

It's a shop called G Force in Union Street, Town.

Go to the store a few weeks before the release and ask the guys that work there when they'll be getting the game in. if you ask over the phone, they say they don't sell games early, for obvious reasons. I'm surprised they've still not been caught. they're risking over a £1000 fine just to make a quick few extra bucks lol

I was gonna email them since I can't just pop into the shop.

It would be great to get it early but I don't even know if I'll be in Glasgow when the game comes out. I guess I could always jump a train over on the Saturday before and spend the day there if I have nothing planned. I don't mind paying an extra tenner and train fare if it means I get the game early!

Korisselys
  • Korisselys

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

thx now to report this so they get fined and you dont get your game early

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by RichyB, 23 May 2013 - 12:26 AM.

I'm not sad enough to call around all my local game shops to ask if they will be selling it early, anyone on here who wanted it early could probably waste their time calling around all the game stores if they could be bothered, the difference is - most of us simply can't be assed to waste out time just to get the game a few hours/days early.

oblivionskate
  • oblivionskate

Ghettotech

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

I got L.A. Noire at 10:00pm instead of 12:00am if that counts :-)

Mr Makaveli
  • Mr Makaveli

Expect me nigga, I'm Comin'

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 00:21)
I'm not sad enough to call around all my local game shops to ask if they will be selling it early, anyone on here who wanted it early could probably waste their time calling around all the game stores if they could be bothered, the difference is - most of us simply can't be assed to waste out time just to get the game a few hours/days early.

No one is asking you to call up every game shop lol. The shop i'll be going to is like a 10 minute drive away from my house, so it's not really wasting any of my time

Gazabaza21
  • Gazabaza21

THERAPIST

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (oblivionskate @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 00:42)
I got L.A. Noire at 10:00pm instead of 12:00am if that counts :-)

U lucky devil!

Booya818
  • Booya818

Firestarter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 00:21)

Ehhh....I would quite happily do a bit of research to get the game a few days early!

Thanks for the info Mr Makaveli

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (OliRow @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 08:20)
QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 06:36)
Beware, M$ and I'm not sure about Sony, They ban anyone whom they catch playing games before release.

No they don't, as long as it's a legit copy they don't

I suppose you forgot about Halo 3, Borderlands and a few others, It also happened with Halo 4, But apparently those were special copies handed out to a select few by 343, So they had to be unbanned.

Legit copy or Not, You will be banned if you play it before the official release day, 1-2 days early may not get you banned, But I know a week before definatly nets you a perma ban.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (Gazabaza21 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 05:35)
would you get banned from xbox live or psn if you played it a week early of its release date? no point in getting it early if your gonna get banned

That depends on the developer, I remember IW banning a few people who played MW3 early.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 06:35)
There is a store in Norway as well that sells it a few days before. I'll be getting it on the pc though so it doesn't really matter to me.

Hvilken butikk tounge.gif ?
What store?

And good luck waiting for the PC release mate! It's gonna be a joyful waiting experience biggrin.gif

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Maybe a day earlier. I honestly don't care. If you wait about 2 years for a game to come out that's nothing. Plus I don't calculate with "a day early"...I calculate with 17/9/13

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, you lucky A-hole lol. I might get it a few hours early if I'm lucky. I'm pretty good friends with the manager at my local game stop, but he said he couldn't give it to me too early because he would get fired lol I even tried to bribe him 20 bucks, but it was a no-go...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users