Photo

Modding GTA IV

2 replies to this topic
ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:52 PM Edited by The_Sorrow, 21 May 2013 - 08:18 PM.

Hey guys, just got GTA IV today.

I was wondering how much harder it is to mod than the III era games.

No sanny builder so how is stuff scripted?

Any Map editors for it?

Is there a way to play without missions (similar to using stripped mains in the III era)

Stuff like that.

I'm keen to muck around and boost my modding interest right back up since I've not modded IV before.

Thanks. icon14.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

R* knows fairy well modding is a big part in selling . personnally i purchased the game only because i can drive nice Bel air or huge Caddy . the game is highly moddable , not only it's easy to mod but the game is very stable even when you mess around . there isn't any map editor around , if you want to do maps you'll need Citiscape 1.8 + 3DS max 2012 and GIMS for importing . i suggest you to have a look at any dowload site tools section to get an idea of how to mod stuff . and yes you can play without the missions you have 2 choices openliberty script but it only unlocks the map . if you want all the extra features (Pay n' spray ..) you'll need a 100% savegame

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 23:15)
R* knows fairy well modding is a big part in selling . personnally i purchased the game only because i can drive nice Bel air or huge Caddy . the game is highly moddable , not only it's easy to mod but the game is very stable even when you mess around . there isn't any map editor around , if you want to do maps you'll need Citiscape 1.8 + 3DS max 2012 and GIMS for importing . i suggest you to have a look at any dowload site tools section to get an idea of how to mod stuff . and yes you can play without the missions you have 2 choices openliberty script but it only unlocks the map . if you want all the extra features (Pay n' spray ..) you'll need a 100% savegame

Thankyou very much for your reply, I'll check those out.

icon14.gif icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users