Quantcast

» «
Photo

Xbox One revealed

1,015 replies to this topic

Poll: Whatcha gonna get? (518 member(s) have cast votes)

Whatcha gonna get?

1. Xbox One (74 votes [15.55%])

Percentage of vote: 15.55%

2. PS4 (298 votes [62.61%])

Percentage of vote: 62.61%

3. Both! (21 votes [4.41%])

Percentage of vote: 4.41%

4. PC, bitch (83 votes [17.44%])

Percentage of vote: 17.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote
dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 22:27)
QUOTE (archiebunker @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 02:23)
Though I own both the PS3 and 360, I've primarily been a 360 guy for games. In a stunning reversal, looks like I'll be getting a PS4 first and probably only. Hell, I may just change my GTA V pre-order from 360 to the PS3 as a prelude at this point.

I just fail to understand this...i truly do.

Why exactly?

Why not just wait until E3 and see what MS has to offer in terms of games? They promise a boatload of awesome games, tons of exclusives. Said they think hardcore gamers will be very happy after their show. Wait for that. But DO explain me why you say this, i truly don't get it.

Sony has fooled so many people with their 'We are all for the gamers' marketing bullsh*t. It's just crazy. They will care and do just as much tv sh*t and apps and all the things you don't like as MS. This is a battle for the number one all-in-one entetainment device. Simple as that. Wait until E3 and you will see what i mean.

dozingoff.gif Whatever you say lol.gif , i can't wait till E3 that's all i gotta say.

Vex_Doppel
  • Vex_Doppel

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

IGN XBOX ONE mysteries uncovered.

Has this been posted yet? Good read. As a sony gamer, I honestly don't know enough about the PS4. So us Sony fans might be just as screwed. We'll see, but if Sony is on top of it like I'm hoping I don't think Microsoft will make it with this gen. Wait and see I guess....

Khaos_Kiwi
  • Khaos_Kiwi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:14 AM Edited by Khaos_Kiwi, 23 May 2013 - 07:09 AM.

QUOTE (archiebunker @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 02:37)
Mandatory Kinect camera and mic that's also on all the time and having to connect online at least 24 hours a day are dealbreakers for me, sorry. Their attitude about used games doesn't win them any points, either. I don't care at all about hype, marketing, apps or television.

You just said exactly why I won't get the Xbox One either.

I don't get how people justify Microsoft's decision by saying "wait till e3, then they will show more games and explain things further".

I don't need to wait, as I have already heard enough. No matter what the exclusives are, it won't change the fact they are implementing some very greedy and unnecessary policies.

They have already stated clearly, that the fee for playing a used or borrowed game, will cost the same price as a brand new copy!

This is outrageous and I can't understand how people can ignore what they are doing!

Even if you buy all your games new (as I do), it still doesn't change the fact that you are giving up your rights as a consumer to do whatever you want to do with the property you own!

Plus, all the additional TV related nonsense will only be available in the US at launch anyway! And who knows how long it will take for the rest of the world to get them?

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

I will eventually get both consoles. I'll get the PS4 first, and then the Xbox One sometime after. Getting a Wii U later this year as well.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

Hahahahahaha, Sony has already won the next generation.

Num3rical
  • Num3rical

I didn't choose the Ivysaur life, the Ivysaur life chose me.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:19 AM Edited by Num3rical, 23 May 2013 - 05:22 AM.

Have a Wii U, will probably get a PS4, I'll probably not get the XBO, because it's less powerful than the PS4, has ads, is useless outside the US and is dedicated to people who like CoD and Madden. And it has that always-online crap.
I'll probably get a controller though. It looks awesome and will probably be great for PC gaming.

Ravenwood
  • Ravenwood

Post-apocalyptic mercenary

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

Rockstar, please release GTA V for Xbox One and/or PS4. It doesn't need to be "true" next gen, just 1080p resolution and BETTER FRAMERATE and I'm happy.

If you don't do this, I will buy a gaming PC (because I assume there is a PC version in the works). But I would prefer a console.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (Num3rical @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 22:19)
I'll probably get a controller though. It looks awesome and will probably be great for PC gaming.

This seems to be common among the people who used to use Xbox but say they're moving on. Is the controller really that good to use for PC gaming? I wouldn't know I've been on DualShock for the past 11 years.

Another question I have is what's the big deal with indented sticks? Why is this so important to people?

Ravenwood
  • Ravenwood

Post-apocalyptic mercenary

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 07:20)
This seems to be common among the people who used to use Xbox but say they're moving on. Is the controller really that good to use for PC gaming? I wouldn't know I've been on DualShock for the past 11 years.

FPS and strategy on PC: keyboard and mouse
Third person shooter like GTA on PC: controller

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

Ps4 all the way, DDR5 ram where as xone only has ddr3 icon13.gif

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Sirpepperoni @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 06:38)

DDR3 on Xbox is actually better than GDDR5 on PS.

douggoud
  • douggoud

Peacemaker

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 06:20)
QUOTE (Num3rical @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 22:19)

Another question I have is what's the big deal with indented sticks? Why is this so important to people?

I'm not sure, I've used an Xbox controller before (granted it was the original Xbox, but the design hasn't exactly changed since it first came out, much like the DualShock controllers), and I don't think it's that great, and I'm not sure why people make such a big deal about the left analog stick being where the d-pad is on the DualShock. Of course, I've been using DualShock for just about as long as you more or less, so I'm just used to it probably. I end up just using my PS3 controller on my PC for ALL PC games, I'm not comfortable with the keyboard and mouse combination. I can't think of any game I've played where I enjoyed them better than a controller.

As for the indented sticks, I guess it's better to use that the normal "dome" (a really flat dome actually) like shape. Of course, I've never really had any problems with the DualShock analog sticks design, so can't say that it would matter to me if I had them or not.

Limit Break
  • Limit Break

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 06:44)

Uhm, no it's not. I'm pretty sure GDDR5 is faster than DDR3

Num3rical
  • Num3rical

I didn't choose the Ivysaur life, the Ivysaur life chose me.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Limit Break @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 07:13)

Yeah, it is. People who say DDR3 is better don't know what they're talking about. Probably fanboys too.

TronSwanson
  • TronSwanson

idk listen to warren g or something

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

When you get down to it, we're all buying these consoles for gaming first and foremost. MS just seemed way to focused on... TV

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (Num3rical @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 07:40)

Yeah, it is. People who say DDR3 is better don't know what they're talking about. Probably fanboys too.

I heard DDR5 is faster, but with way more latency. Don't know if true or not, too lazy to Google

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:49 AM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 23 May 2013 - 11:00 AM.

QUOTE (Official General @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 02:30)
Though I own both the PS3 and 360, I've primarily been a 360 guy for games. In a stunning reversal, looks like I'll be getting a PS4 first and probably only. Hell, I may just change my GTA V pre-order from 360 to the PS3 as a prelude at this point.

I'm definitely a Sony guy, and this generation I only own the PS3. I've owned the PS2 and PS1 as sole consoles in the previous generations.

This generation, the PS3 was definitely overall, the better console.

However, I think the competition is healthy for both the Playstation and Xbox console brands. I want both Sony and Microsoft to do well, it's healthy for the gaming hardware industry to have thriving competitors.

@ MosquitoSmasher

I understand you are an Xbox fan, but you are really giving the impression that you are a Sony-hater. Hate on them all you want, but there are many, very good reasons why people eventually chose or will now choose to go with Sony's consoles.

Wow. Just because i talk with some sense, means i'm a Sony hater? I have a surprise for you, i intend to buy both systems eventually. I'm not even sure i'll buy ANY new system this year, do i need to when a badboy like GTA V comes out in September? All i am saying is that the things Sony now says about being ALL for the gamer is just nothing but marketing. It's well known that both parties are in it for the race for the number 1 all in one entertainment device for the living room. Anyone expecting that PS4 won't have all that TV and apps stuff is in for a rude awakening. It sure will have and they will have to show and talk about that and i expect E3.

PS3 by the way was not the better console at all this generation. Maybe you mean in terms of exclusives and thats subjective. But not in terms of multiplatform games. Lately its not so bad anymore, but plenty of third party games have been performing and looking less on pS3 compared to 360. Some games weren't even 720p. Far from the better console in that regard. The analysis videos don't lie and the sites show clear proof. Lately things have changed a little and for the better for PS3 only gamers, cause Tomb Raider was a game that looked slightly better on PS3. Same could happen with GTA V now, we'll have to see.

You believe whatever you want to believe, it's that simple.

@Masterfocker

Exactly. GDDR5 is faster, but more latency. But i am not gonna act like i know what that will mean in terms of differences for multiplatform games, that remains to be seen. I've seen tech sites talking about how the ESram in the Xbox One makes up for a lot of things and apparently they can have the CPU do less hard work thanks to Cloud computing. Long story short if you ask me...we'll have to wait and see. I can only buy one system this year, IF i buy a system....so i think it's going to be about what your preferences are. But i find it hilarious that people think MS is the only one going for the all-in one entetainment device for the living room and act like they ignore the gamer. E3 is all about that and i expect a very nice lineup indeed, for both parties. Hopefully Nintendo too.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 06:49)

I'm definitely a Sony guy, and this generation I only own the PS3. I've owned the PS2 and PS1 as sole consoles in the previous generations.

However, I think the competition is healthy for both the Playstation and Xbox console brands. I want both Sony and Microsoft to do well, it's healthy for the gaming hardware industry to have thriving competitors.

@ MosquitoSmasher

I understand you are an Xbox fan, but you are really giving the impression that you are a Sony-hater. Hate on them all you want, but there are many, very good reasons why people eventually chose or will now choose to go with Sony's consoles.

Wow. Just because i talk with some sense, means i'm a Sony hater? I have a surprise for you, i intend to buy both systems eventually. I'm not even sure i'll buy ANY new system this year, do i need to when a badboy like GTA V comes out in September? All i am saying is that the things Sony now says about being ALL for the gamer is just nothing but marketing. It's well known that both parties are in it for the race for the number all entertainment device for the living room. Anyone expecting that PS4 won't have all that TV and apps stuff is in for a rude awakening. It sure will have and they will have to show and talk about that and i expect E3.

I believe they won't and i'm sticking to that. If the ps4 gets a TV series base off a game or just in general, then I'm done with consoles all together.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'm not a complete technical bozo, but there's one thing I would like clarification on regarding cloud computing on Xbox One. So some of the computation when playing a game will be done via cloud (which I just about understand)? Doesn't this just mean the game will have to be connected to the internet while playing & is just another covert DRM tactic? Is this cloud computing thing optional & if so what advantages does it have?

For people asking why this topic is in the V forum. Something as important (in the gaming world) as this, should be allowed in every section of every gaming forum, but only one topic per section though. After seeing what both Sony & Microsoft have in store, do I even want a next gen port of V. I'm also concerned about VI, but I won't have to worry about that for many years yet.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:02 AM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 23 May 2013 - 11:05 AM.

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:58)

@ MosquitoSmasher

Wow. Just because i talk with some sense, means i'm a Sony hater? I have a surprise for you, i intend to buy both systems eventually. I'm not even sure i'll buy ANY new system this year, do i need to when a badboy like GTA V comes out in September? All i am saying is that the things Sony now says about being ALL for the gamer is just nothing but marketing. It's well known that both parties are in it for the race for the number all entertainment device for the living room. Anyone expecting that PS4 won't have all that TV and apps stuff is in for a rude awakening. It sure will have and they will have to show and talk about that and i expect E3.

I believe they won't and i'm sticking to that. If the ps4 gets a TV series base off a game or just in general, then I'm done with consoles all together.

There have been a lot of articles already saying that both parties in fighting for the one system you need in your livng room for everything. You can bet your ass Sony will do this too. But why do people make a big deal of this anyway? You don't care about the tv stuff and apps? Same here, except for a few apps. So don't use them, it's simple..and just play awesome games on it. Third party studios will be bringing awesome looking and interesting games for both systems, enjoy that and just ignore the tv stuff. Why would you not buy a PS4 anymore if Sony spends some time making a tv show based on a game? I don't think they will, but why care if they also get awesome games on the system?

@jamieleng

I assume the cloud stuff is optional. But there's still so much things to find out, we'll have to wait. I sure want GTA V on the next-gen systems too, ESPECIALLY if they can improve framerate and anything else, but if its a straight port, no improvements.....but even without all that, if i can play this behemoth on a next-gen system, that would be great. I don't keep having to turn to the 360 all the time then.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

@MosquitoSmasher

Doesn't all that extra guff just add more cost to the console (media center?) & take away computing power from what I'll be buying a next gen console for 'games'?

Like I said, I'm not tech savvy by today's standard (had an Amiga in the late 80's but have been overwhelmed by new tech), so please don't flame me if I'm wrong.

grovestreet2010
  • grovestreet2010

My body is ready..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:21)
QUOTE (Num3rical @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 07:40)

I heard DDR5 is faster, but with way more latency. Don't know if true or not, too lazy to Google

I got this after reading some tech sites. System memory (DDR3) benefits from low latency (tight timings) at the expense of bandwidth, GDDR5's case is the opposite. Timings for GDDR5 would seems unbelieveably slow in relation to DDR3, but the speed of VRAM is blazing fast in comparison with desktop RAM- this has resulted from the relative workloads that a CPU and GPU undertake. Latency isn't much of an issue with GPU's since their parallel nature allows them to move to other calculation when latency cycles cause a stall in the current workload/thread.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:20 AM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 23 May 2013 - 11:26 AM.

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 11:09)
@MosquitoSmasher

Doesn't all that extra guff just add more cost to the console (media center?) & take away computing power from what I'll be buying a next gen console for 'games'?

Like I said, I'm not tech savvy by today's standard (had an Amiga in the late 80's but have been overwhelmed by new tech), so please don't flame me if I'm wrong.

I have no idea man, i'm also far from techsavvy. I remember 2005 when the 360 was about to come out and i didn't give a crap about specs. I hoped that day would never come that i was going to have to read about specs and what not with consoles. Like you said my friend, it's all about the games and there will be a boatload of that at E3. It's a good thing that E3 is around the corner.

@gta_fun

Sounds like each has their own benefits then. But apparently the GPU of the PS4 is stronger as well, but like all these tech analyze sites all say, we won't know what the true differences will be until later down the road. BF4 comes out for pretty much any system you can imagine, lol, so that includes the Xbox One and PS4 as well, how big the differences are going to be....well..i think we'll see that aruond the launch of the game. Eventually when i have both systems, whenever that is...the version that clearly is the much better version of a third party title (if there are real big differences) gets my money. I'm NOT gonna cope with a lesser looking and performing Red Dead 3 (for example) when its counterpart beats it. smile.gif

It's no secret that i prefer MS in how they did things with 360. In terms of controller, Xbox Live service, party chat, user interface and so on. I have a sh*tload of friends on Live and plenty of them are saying 'Hell no that i will buy PS4' i find that a bit of an odd thing to say, but some really just are 100% Xbox minded, i wouldn't call myself that, i just prefer it. So it seriously would bum me out bigtime if i have to buy a multiplatform title that also has multiplayer, for the PS4. Cause i won't be able to play with the majority of my friends. But i DO care about graphics and performance, i got a huge screen and i see a bad framerate very quickly....so yeah. You know...we'll have to wait and see.

I CAN understand people's anger about used games, but the thing is, nothing is certain. MS has said things but later retracted them. Probably shocked by the reactions of people maybe. But nothing is set in stone and anything can change. I don't mind any of it, cause i really never buy used games but boy can i understand that this would anger people though.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Ain't no way in hell I'll be buying an Xbox One. I'd rather buy a Wii-U.

It's PS4 for me. If Sony f*ck anything up (used game fees or always on drm for example) then I'll be building my first ever gaming PC. I've owned every Playstation and I would prefer a PS4 but it's still to early to say.

This is how it stands for me:

1) Playstation 4
2) PC
3) Wii U
4) Xbox One

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 07:02)
QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:58)

@ MosquitoSmasher

There have been a lot of articles already saying that both parties in fighting for the one system you need in your livng room for everything. You can bet your ass Sony will do this too. But why do people make a big deal of this anyway? You don't care about the tv stuff and apps? Same here, except for a few apps. So don't use them, it's simple..and just play awesome games on it. Third party studios will be bringing awesome looking and interesting games for both systems, enjoy that and just ignore the tv stuff. Why would you not buy a PS4 anymore if Sony spends some time making a tv show based on a game? I don't think they will, but why care if they also get awesome games on the system?

@jamieleng

I assume the cloud stuff is optional. But there's still so much things to find out, we'll have to wait. I sure want GTA V on the next-gen systems too, ESPECIALLY if they can improve framerate and anything else, but if its a straight port, no improvements.....but even without all that, if i can play this behemoth on a next-gen system, that would be great. I don't keep having to turn to the 360 all the time then.

Why would you not buy a PS4 anymore if Sony spends some time making a tv show based on a game?

That would be the nail in the coffin for me. I have to much pride ( Maybe a little bit to much) but tbh I'm going to get a ps4 as long as they don't go all out on that media bull like Microsoft, then i'll be happy.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

If anyone wants my advice, wait for E3 and especially wait until these things are close to coming out. THEN we will know if MS really is going with those used game plans (which i kinda doubt seeing the negative reactions) and having to be online every 24 hours thing. It's so early and nothing is set in stone, nothing. They said that themselves too and it makes sense.

Scorp1o
  • Scorp1o

Groove Street Represent

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

user posted image

Made me laugh! suicidal.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Also........

They are both going to do the same thing because all the publishers want that. This always online is also going to be on the PS4, why you think EA dropped the online pass? There is some logic in all this, it may suck...but you can mark my words. If i'm wrong come E3. I will say that i was wrong, simple as that. But EA quitting with online pass is not because they turned into some amazingly gamer friendly company......and it's not only for MS.

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

@Mos
Both companys will do what they wish, they won't copy each other if that's not what they want the console to become.

How do you know Sony wants "all in one"?
How do you know if MS make used game a fee, Sony will do the same thing?

They ain't in a relationship you know.. They'll do anything for more sales. At the current moment, It's ps4. Things might not be set in stone but I don't think they'll erase things without backing it fully. They've even talked about trading online, sounds to me they're not changing anything.

Even if Sony do a "all in one", Do I really care? No. Will I have to use a camera or my voice to control it? I doubt it.
If they do cater for a gaming console instead of a family one (which is where they got their success from) Do I believe they'll do somethings as stupid as MS are.. I don't think so.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 10:49)

@ MosquitoSmasher

Wow. Just because i talk with some sense, means i'm a Sony hater? I have a surprise for you, i intend to buy both systems eventually. I'm not even sure i'll buy ANY new system this year, do i need to when a badboy like GTA V comes out in September? All i am saying is that the things Sony now says about being ALL for the gamer is just nothing but marketing. It's well known that both parties are in it for the race for the number 1 all in one entertainment device for the living room. Anyone expecting that PS4 won't have all that TV and apps stuff is in for a rude awakening. It sure will have and they will have to show and talk about that and i expect E3.

PS3 by the way was not the better console at all this generation. Maybe you mean in terms of exclusives and thats subjective. But not in terms of multiplatform games. Lately its not so bad anymore, but plenty of third party games have been performing and looking less on pS3 compared to 360. Some games weren't even 720p. Far from the better console in that regard. The analysis videos don't lie and the sites show clear proof. Lately things have changed a little and for the better for PS3 only gamers, cause Tomb Raider was a game that looked slightly better on PS3. Same could happen with GTA V now, we'll have to see.

Ok maybe I'm wrong about the Sony hater thing, but that is the impression you gave.

Listen mate, that multiplatform game stuff about the 360 versions being superior to the PS3 versions have been a thing of the past since late 2007. GTA IV and RDR looked just fine on the PS3, and I don't believe they were sub-HD on the PS3, and in fact I prefered the PS3 looks, but that is subjective opinion. I'm not getting too much into that, but that is what I believe. The PS3 has been overall the better console this generation in my eyes.

But like I said, I want both Sony and Microsoft to do well.

Anyway, it looks like I'm getting a PS4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users