Photo

GTA IV - ROUTE 66

69 replies to this topic
Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Can you optimize the map and make it compatible with EFLC? I haven't looked at the .wtd files, and other stuff, but I'm pretty sure you could reduce some textures' sizes, get rid of multiple textures, get rid of unwanted stuff like tiny rocks in the desert etc.
Maybe with all that, it'll be possible to run it in EFLC, and one thing for sure, it'll get rid of the texture bug.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by What!?, 20 June 2013 - 09:35 PM.

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 06:29)
Can you optimize the map and make it compatible with EFLC? I haven't looked at the .wtd files, and other stuff, but I'm pretty sure you could reduce some textures' sizes, get rid of multiple textures, get rid of unwanted stuff like tiny rocks in the desert etc.
Maybe with all that, it'll be possible to run it in EFLC, and one thing for sure, it'll get rid of the texture bug.

I actually just went through all of the map files. The main offender as far as file size issues go is DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route66.img

This file is 512MB all by itself. By comparison if I add the values of every file in the directory that make up the ENTIRE desert, the hard disk space required is only around 170MB. The route66.img file contains all the road side attractions route 66 is famous for. It has all the restaurants and hotels for the desert area, as well as parked cars and road signs that stretch out into the countryside. I was bummed that I had to get rid of it, but the map is much less of a resource hog without it and it is still a ton of fun to drive though. The missing restaurant and hotels are obviously noticeable, but you don't miss the road signs at all. As someone who is running patch 4 with modded vehicles I really needed to free up some resources.

Another thing you can do that is a bit more extreme is remove the country side. The desert road is what I really wanted this mod for, and even though the country side is equally as awesome, I was willing to sacrifice it for performance. The only files I kept are listed below...

CODE
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_can
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_chn
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_cnx_lc
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_cnx_lcr
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_cnx_lcv
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_colline
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_mtn
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_plus_2
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_rck
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_six
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_veg_1

This is the entire desert area sans the Restaurants/Motels. It's still amazing for driving super cars.

If you guys want to mess with the file combinations to try and optimize performance for yourselves then here is a little index I made that should help you understand what each file does...

CODE

Country Side
----------------------------------------------------------
route_six_pyl (power lines that extend through entire map)
cnx.1 (parts of the countryside map)
cnx.2, all numericals (parts of the countryside map)
circuit_all (Misc circuit tracks for country side, etc)
route_six_rep (patches of sand and rock that mask mountian seams, also telephone lines for countryside)
route_six_bush (random bushes for country side)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resource Intensive -- Do Not Use --
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Route 66_route66 (Route 66 freeway signs and roadside attraction/parked vehicles)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desert
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
route_six_can (small canyon at beginning of map)
route_six_mtn (large mountian at start of map)
route_six_plus_2 (all vegetation for first part of map and mountians)
route_six_six (actual route 66 roadway)
route_six_colline (rocks that hide the collision seems of the map floor)
route_six_cnx_lc, lcr, (start of map with canyon archway)
route_six_chn (Mountains that cover both side of map)
route_six_veg_1 (vegitation file for desert half of map)
route_six_rck (small rocks for desert floor and some boulders)
route_six_lcv (random bushes near desert archway)
route_six_veg_2 (adds trees to the desert)

Now I am not the author obviously. I found this by loading pieces at a time and going into the game to see what I had. As far as I could tell this is what they all did.

Hopefully that helps some of you guys. Enjoy!

::EDIT::

Seems I have found a bug. After the Roman's Sorrow mission the burned down cab station does not appear where it is supposed to in Broker. It actually ends up below the subway station. Half of it is in the road and the other half is in the carnival area. If I remove: /DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_cnx_lcr the problem goes away. Seems to be an issue within that file. However another model of the cab station appears on the beach near where you get the mission from Dimitri to kill Faustin. The only difference is this model has no collision so you can walk right through it. The file that causes this is: /DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_plus_2

I may dig into the IDE files and see if I can figure out what specifically is causing the issue, but for now I am just using the map without those two files.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:17 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 10 July 2013 - 12:29 PM.

Sorry for the bump but does anyone know if it works just for Tlad (I know it doesn't for tbogt, but some maps work for tlad and not tbogt)?

Tested, it doesn't work confused.gif

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:17)
Sorry for the bump but does anyone know if it works just for Tlad (I know it doesn't for tbogt, but some maps work for tlad and not tbogt)?

Tested, it doesn't work confused.gif

hi,

Really i dont have any idea, technically am out, i dont know how to, i just place object and convert it to GTA IV, i was working on a new version, i stopped it for the moment cause i cannot work on this times.

theres a lof of genius guys here, but me am not a genius, the things i made are simple, just have the idea and tools ready

If somebody tell me what i have to do, i will make it compatible with EFLC, just tell me what to do...

I have the original game EFLC, i only played few times, i dont have it installed but i will doit but not now sorry.

GTA V is coming suicidal.gif

marienusjee
  • marienusjee

BananaPower!!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

aahw please i want this for eflc!! biggrin.gif very nice mod!

hassalilo
  • hassalilo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

colgate.gif thx for a greet map.
can u pleas make a radar modification for it.
thx a lot.
excuse my bad english ! notify.gif

Vojta
  • Vojta

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

Very nice. cool.gif

fakespyder
  • fakespyder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by fakespyder, 03 September 2013 - 09:15 PM.

It has been a while that this map has been out. I am hoping someone out there has got it running on EFLC 1.1.2.0?
If so, please share how you did it.
It is a lovely looking map.

I guess no-one's figured it out. A shame. I really wanted to use it as a scene for a clip I'd been setting up. I'll use another map. cheers.

spreilly
  • spreilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Could you make it compatible for EFLC?

raggazam
  • raggazam

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 06:29) Can you optimize the map and make it compatible with EFLC? I haven't looked at the .wtd files, and other stuff, but I'm pretty sure you could reduce some textures' sizes, get rid of multiple textures, get rid of unwanted stuff like tiny rocks in the desert etc.
I actually just went through all of the map files. The main offender as far as file size issues go is DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route66.img

This file is 512MB all by itself. By comparison if I add the values of every file in the directory that make up the ENTIRE desert, the hard disk space required is only around 170MB. The route66.img file contains all the road side attractions route 66 is famous for. It has all the restaurants and hotels for the desert area, as well as parked cars and road signs that stretch out into the countryside. I was bummed that I had to get rid of it, but the map is much less of a resource hog without it and it is still a ton of fun to drive though. The missing restaurant and hotels are obviously noticeable, but you don't miss the road signs at all. As someone who is running patch 4 with modded vehicles I really needed to free up some resources.

Another thing you can do that is a bit more extreme is remove the country side. The desert road is what I really wanted this mod for, and even though the country side is equally as awesome, I was willing to sacrifice it for performance. The only files I kept are listed below...

CODE /DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_can
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_chn
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_cnx_lc
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_cnx_lcr
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_cnx_lcv
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_colline
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_mtn
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_plus_2
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_rck
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_six
/DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_veg_1

This is the entire desert area sans the Restaurants/Motels. It's still amazing for driving super cars.

If you guys want to mess with the file combinations to try and optimize performance for yourselves then here is a little index I made that should help you understand what each file does...

CODE
Country Side
----------------------------------------------------------
route_six_pyl (power lines that extend through entire map)
cnx.1 (parts of the countryside map)
cnx.2, all numericals (parts of the countryside map)
circuit_all (Misc circuit tracks for country side, etc)
route_six_rep (patches of sand and rock that mask mountian seams, also telephone lines for countryside)
route_six_bush (random bushes for country side)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resource Intensive -- Do Not Use --
Route 66_route66 (Route 66 freeway signs and roadside attraction/parked vehicles)

Desert
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
route_six_can (small canyon at beginning of map)
route_six_mtn (large mountian at start of map)
route_six_plus_2 (all vegetation for first part of map and mountians)
route_six_six (actual route 66 roadway)
route_six_colline (rocks that hide the collision seems of the map floor)
route_six_cnx_lc, lcr, (start of map with canyon archway)
route_six_chn (Mountains that cover both side of map)
route_six_veg_1 (vegitation file for desert half of map)
route_six_rck (small rocks for desert floor and some boulders)
route_six_lcv (random bushes near desert archway)
route_six_veg_2 (adds trees to the desert)

Now I am not the author obviously. I found this by loading pieces at a time and going into the game to see what I had. As far as I could tell this is what they all did.

Hopefully that helps some of you guys. Enjoy!

::EDIT::

Seems I have found a bug. After the Roman's Sorrow mission the burned down cab station does not appear where it is supposed to in Broker. It actually ends up below the subway station. Half of it is in the road and the other half is in the carnival area. If I remove: /DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_cnx_lcr the problem goes away. Seems to be an issue within that file. However another model of the cab station appears on the beach near where you get the mission from Dimitri to kill Faustin. The only difference is this model has no collision so you can walk right through it. The file that causes this is: /DATA/MAPS/route_soixante_six/route_six_plus_2

I may dig into the IDE files and see if I can figure out what specifically is causing the issue, but for now I am just using the map without those two files.

EFLC you use?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users