» «
Photo

GTA IV - ROUTE 66

69 replies to this topic
nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:02 AM Edited by nine30, 02 June 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Hi All of you,

This is my new huge big map mod, the idea, i had it more than one year ago but i didnt have tools to make something of this size...

Now you will find, the main map, Route 66 with some canyons, a lot of rocks and weeds, some special landscape or object that exist on this road (ive never been to US, i only tell to my friend Google to show me how it is)

In order to connect this map, i tried to make some country sides, really driving takes time from the beginning of the map to the end smile.gif

I did not creat ped path or car path because there's no tutorial and i used to ask for some to help me but nothing, nop wink.gif So sorry for this empty map again, i know that its easy but i cannot creat it without bases...

I have to fixe some bugs like trees... and i will share... now enjoy some pics and the trailer.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

BBHD
  • BBHD

BaBaHarD

• Members
  • France

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Oh very nice idea !!!
Unfortunately I couldn't help you resolve the bugs but please release it quickly i'm impatient to try it smile.gif

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

Wow, nice job it look awesome ! icon14.gif

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (BaBaHarD @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 11:09)
Oh very nice idea !!!
Unfortunately I couldn't help you resolve the bugs but please release it quickly i'm impatient to try it smile.gif

Thx man, i will work on it this days, and try to share it before the end of the week wink.gif

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 11:21)
Wow, nice job it look awesome ! icon14.gif

Thx man, it would be better with traffic path wink.gif

BBHD
  • BBHD

BaBaHarD

• Members
  • France

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (nine30 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 12:22)
QUOTE (BaBaHarD @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 11:09)
Oh very nice idea !!!

Thx man, i will work on it this days, and try to share it before the end of the week wink.gif

You're welcome you deserve it !
Waiting for release wink.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Goodwork icon14.gif
I have some good heightmap terrain making program L3DT: http://www.bundysoft...ds/standard.php
It's free and you could make all kind of terrain from scratch or just generate biggrin.gif
Could be useful for you in future to make terrain with mountains together and not placing them apart in 3ds max on top of your ciyscape terrain.
Here is a blimp of what you can do with those heightmaps: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062532897

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

This map looks awesome!!! I hope you include small towns in this map. It'd be boring to drive on roads and not stop somewhere in a small town.

buzzbass
  • buzzbass

mayorista no limpio pescado

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

looks really cool nine icon14.gif

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 11:43)
Goodwork icon14.gif
I have some good heightmap terrain making program L3DT: http://www.bundysoft...ds/standard.php
It's free and you could make all kind of terrain from scratch or just generate biggrin.gif
Could be useful for you in future to make terrain with mountains together and not placing them apart in 3ds max on top of your ciyscape terrain.
Here is a blimp of what you can do with those heightmaps: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062532897

Thx bro, you mean i can have a blended terrain without doing it in 3ds max ? OMG, because in 3DS max my pc is only 6GO i cannot blend a big surface only small, but what about the road you have, is it from cityscape or not ??

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (nine30 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 14:22)
Thx bro, you mean i can have a blended terrain without doing it in 3ds max ? OMG, because in 3DS max my pc is only 6GO i cannot blend a big surface only small, but what about the road you have, is it from cityscape or not ??

Yes, it can save up some poly's.. Than in 3ds max you could use this scripts to select angles of terrain to apply rock textures to them.. : http://www.scriptspot.com/andrehotz/
And yes the road is from cityscape tounge.gif i just found all the use of it icon14.gif

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Stayin' Alive

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Looks great, TBH

The car path no need heavy traffic though,
In real life Route 66 is very quiet

http://www.outpostus... pix/R66 03.jpg

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:55 PM Edited by nkjellman, 22 May 2013 - 10:03 PM.

Looks good. Is this an add on map?

If its an add on, I'd say the map might be better if you put it way up in the sky. Sounds silly, but let me list the reasons why.

-The map would have the ability to be bigger. LC wouldn't be in the way.
-Route 66 isn't on an island. Its surrounded by vast terrain. The terrain wouldn't have room to spread out. You could have impassable mountains so the player doesn't run off the edge.
-Route 66 isn't by New York. Goes from Chicago to Los Angles. If you have an airport on the map you can have teliport markers from Frances International Airport to this map's airport. I'd just make the airport be a very small time airport.
-You won't see the LC Skyline in the distance. Also, you won't see desert like mountains around LC.

Now the bad things about putting the map up in the sky that you should consider.
-Radar, unless a script can ether disable the radar well on the map, or make a fake radar for the map.
-No car paths.
-No flying aircraft. However Air Combat IV allows you to fly above the height limit, but not in a helicopter, only an AC plane. Also AC planes fly slower above the height limit.

But great map. I'm wondering how you laid out the road though. Did you twist it in ways to make it feel longer? With in the GTA IV map bounds, the way to make the road the longest, and have it match the way it runs in real life is have it generally run from the north east corner of the mappable space to the south west corner.

Edit: Can you also include the graphical mods your using? They look great.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 22 May 2013 - 10:17 PM.

Hats off, dude that looks awesome, doing the 66 is one of my dreams colgate.gif

I think you should turn some of the mountains textures darker and make desert areas more "grassy", if it doesnt slow too much the computer: http://upload.wikime...h-For-Rocks.jpg

Btw, that video reminded me the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas police chase scene:D

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

shakingass says hi.

Also, was this made using cityscape.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 19:43)
shakingass says hi.

Tell shakingass that Johnball is still on tounge2.gif

On topic, what'll the road itself be like? Will it be point-to-point, like the real-life Route 66, or will it be a circuit?

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hi,

Yes its an add on, like DESERT IV but please dont think its ROUTE 66 one hundred % as you know it.

As i writed in my video, i've never been to US, am french, we have some straight road like this but not the same landscape, every thing looks bigger in US, your cars, your buildings, your tornados, your burgers lol, so i only asked to google to show me some views of route 66.

This project i was thinking of it 1 year ago, i posted on this forum the idea because i didn't have my PC, i wanted to make it only for crash testing, but since two months i came back to my home and i created what you saw, i used to creat a straight line as the picture but the more days passed the more i wanted to add other landscape in order to connect liberty to Route 66.

- the map will begin beside police office (near sultan RS abandoned house) and will finish near the airport.
- i created huge mountains in order to hide liberty city
- i put a lot of bushes and rocks they will not appears, they are in front of you at a distance of 6000 i mean as you saw in my vid
- i used some part from IV SA like gaz station, motels and signs, i modified a hotel (add aircon, a parking etc...)
- i used the 69 street diner restaurant now its 66 th street diner restaurant from GTA IV and other props
- i used cityscape and geocontrol, acropora and textures from google and some games i found
- theres a huge desert aera, and country side with 2 circuit for dirt (sanchez or rally car)
- i put "all" trees, bushes and rocks manually
- i used some 3d models i found on google

Things i cannot do :

- ped path, traffic path, put road light, place cars on the map (i dont know how to)
- blend a terrain
- creat a perfect map mod lol

I spent 2 month alone, 101% of my free time to do this, as i said, most of GTA IV maps, i didnt play a lot, only when i test it to see bugs... but i think this one you will enjoy it because its big and its a new map, we are all happy when we see a new map mod, or a new car or else about IV...

For my ENB settings i used the one i found on GTA 4 MODS for LOW PC and no red sky, but it crash my game sometimes...

the aim of this map : have a huge straight road as we saw in movies. the other landscape you saw its only in order to have a huge map...

Now, am not a game developper, i discovered 3D mapping with desert IV, theres some things i can do others i cannot...

please wait 2 days and you will have it, i hope before sunday, i need to fix some things, the map is 95% ok

wait and see... wink.gif

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

I don't know what'd be better... With or without traffic... Because I think it's cool to drive lonely through the vast ladscape...

But it would be cool, if someone could help adding peds at the motel/gas station sites etc^^

But nice job from what we can see so far, I like it.

Steff R
  • Steff R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

This is really impressive to be honest. When most people do this it's a proposal that never amounts to anything. Good job man I just wish I could run the game to get it tested!

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by nine30, 26 May 2013 - 05:13 PM.

QUOTE (Steff R @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 12:41)
This is really impressive to be honest.  When most people do this it's a proposal that never amounts to anything.  Good job man I just wish I could run the game to get it tested!

thanks man and thx all for your positive comments...

So since last time, i add some huge canyon and a lot of bushes, trees and rocks, if fixed some bugs, change some textures and...

i tried to make vehicule path ! its works !!! but i only make a small path, i did it alone so cars dont go as i want, i have to improve it...

For this, i ask you to wait one more day, i think i need 5 hours to creat the all vehicule path... not so hard but need some precision...

really when i tested my maps, i said to myself how huge it is, i found some holes i dont know why... i mean you see texture but your car will fall in water, i dont know why theres no collision, its only small parts...

am also wondering myself do we add ped path ? its only 90% roads and off roads...

Wait and see...

Question for modders Somebody, can you tell me how i can have parked vehicules, i mean i have two motel and gas station, i dont know how to parked them, can you explain me the steps... i mean i can creat an IDE with parked vehicule only, no models... and also can i change the distance of sight, i mean i want them to be seen from far away... THX

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (nine30 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 18:08)

am also wondering myself do we add ped path ? its only 90% roads and off roads...

I think it would really add some atmosphere to the motel and gas station sites.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 20:55)
QUOTE (nine30 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 18:08)

I think it would really add some atmosphere to the motel and gas station sites.

How exactly do you want them to be?
You want to let them walk around in circles?
Or you want them to do something ? (like: talking, sweeping, sitting, drinking etc.)

If the latter, it can be done with the scenarios ipl files in common\data\maps. It's editable with notepad or GIMS, but it's a pain to do so.
Letting them work around (like peds in LC) is easy, but quite silly if they just walk circles at the motel or gas station.

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

Is there anybody who is an expert in 3ds max ?

My problem :

I have my road, when i edit poly i saw purple points, i want some of these point to be connected between them to form a spline, like splines for nod traffic i found in "path.img"

I want that blue line with these yellow points

user posted image

thanks...

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

This looks very nice man! It really does look like Route 66. I don't think it needs any traffic, maybe just some peds sweeping around buildings would be neat.

onetidd
  • onetidd

972 Represent'

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Just to thank you for that map, i would love to see it too, but i'm wondering if it will be available with simple native trainer (I mean object.ini file) or without, because i really prefer to not use SNT.

Anyways nice work.

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (onetidd @ Monday, May 27 2013, 20:07)
Just to thank you for that map, i would love to see it too, but i'm wondering if it will be available with simple native trainer (I mean object.ini file) or without, because i really prefer to not use SNT.

Anyways nice work.

Thx, yes you can use simple native trainer but i didnt place objects with it...

now am tryin to place cars but it doesnt work, is there anybody who can tell me how to place car

for vehicule path i have some problems...

user posted image

here you can see the road in white...

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Just use hierarchy manager to link your spline to dev_paths, it should use default settings on export.

onetidd
  • onetidd

972 Represent'

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

You should take a look there: http://www.se7ensins...acement.338121/

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (onetidd @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 08:08)
You should take a look there: http://www.se7ensins...acement.338121/

Thx man but i dont understand blush.gif

they dont explain how i export and how to get this streamXX.wpl.

i need to know how to park cars !!!

But i got a good news have a look !

i tested only in country side, having too much cars in route 66 desert part is unreal, we should put only 1 in parameters.

onetidd
  • onetidd

972 Represent'

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

oh okay well you should ask stilldre, he made a good one with mapplevalley map

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users