Quantcast

» «
Photo

1st time playing vcs . what issues to look for ?

4 replies to this topic
stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hi I just purchased this game for the PS2 . I love the whole series .
I know I read somewhere about glitches in this game that may stop you from achieving 100% but im not sure ..

Like in gta3 if you don't do missions in a certain order you will not achieve 100 %

Just wondering if there is anything like that or any other glitches or issues I need to know before playing this game .. Thanks guys ....

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

There isn't really any problems in this game.

There is a % related glitch but it isn't fatal.

You can get into trouble if you take over empire sites on the east island before it is officially open, so if you intend to do that make sure you know what you're doing.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

What is the percent glitch your talking about ?

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Garages not restoring blown up vehicles. That is, if ever this would be a big deal for you.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (stangone50 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 12:09)
What is the percent glitch your talking about ?

It's the "Hostile Takeover" glitch, it's triggered if you haven't unlocked the ability to construct Drugs businesses before completing the mission "Hostile Takeover".
You unlock Drugs businesses by completing an attack on a rival Drugs business after completing "From Zero to Hero", this will add %.
However the mission "Hostile Takeover" will also silently unlock Drugs businesses, but it does not add the %.
The reason this isn't fatal is that the game will award you all the 100% rewards (incl. 100% in the stats) when you reach 99.6% (originally termed the rounding bug, but more likely a R* quick and dirty fix for the "Hostile Takeover" glitch)

So the only consequence of the "Hostile Takeover" glitch is that you will have to do everything for 100%.
If you avoid the glitch you can leave out one thing (with a few exceptions) and still get "100%" sigh.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users