» «
Photo

Gta V is boredom proof

152 replies to this topic
Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:35 AM Edited by Freezer89, 21 May 2013 - 07:48 AM.

Indeed, man. I compared your list with IV.

-Largest amount of vehicles you can customize
-boats
-minigolf
-races
-kickass soundtrack? [depending on your preferences]
-sky diving [only in TBOGT]
-heli tours
-subway system
-THE MULTIPLAYER
-Liberty City is based on New York City, one of the [?] cities in the world

And this was a large part of the iceberg..

Also what do you meant this?
- titanic city

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 06:32)
I don't care if people play MP. Its great they do. I do too. But GTA V is a SINGLE PLAYER game. It was made for one player to play. Single Player games have a longer replay value. Want to know why? Once this generation of consoles leaves who will be playing most online games? Maybe 1/5 or 1/6 of the amount of players we have right now. I just hate it that Developers only care about Multiplayer more then Single Player.

And who says that? If GTA V is indeed a singleplayer game they wouldn't mention the MP that much. They also just annoucned that more info about multipalyer will coming soon. So just wait for the following weeks or months when they reveal the MP and you'll see that GTA V is NOT just a single player game. They have great/big plans for multiplayer with their new direction. Or they will just say: "Oh yeah, by the way V will have multiplayer, here are a few details about it. Alright, now back to single player".

Of course for most people (you and me included) the single player is way more important and R* knows that as well.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:40 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 21 May 2013 - 09:48 AM.

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 13:05)
QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 01:32)
QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 01:03)
QUOTE (r0eladn @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 01:19)
Replay value for me depends all on the multiplayer.

You poor, poor soul. tounge.gif

??? Poor soul? You do know this game MP is gonna be huge right? The way I've played in tournaments with R* Devs in IV, RDR and MP3, Im sure V's mp is gonna be nothing short of a masterpiece. I dont get why people hate on mp. If it dont suit you dont play it. But you guys have to go far as to insult us by saying "only COD kids play multiplayer, true fans stick to sp" (not just referring to you btw). R* made and gave us multiplayer for a reason and if you havent played it thats your loss but dont knock it til you've tried it.....at least free mode

Only people that go into MP right away isn't a TRUE FAN. GTA was never a MP game. It's only a SP game. GTA 1 until GTA VCS was only SP. GTA IV MP was a fail. I rather them focus on ONLY SP then MP.

Someone who chooses to play multiplayer first isn't any less of fan than someone who prefers singleplayer. GTA is a game for all. Why segregate people into a "lesser" group?

I prefer singleplayer, but I would rather GTA V be as accommodating as it can possibly be. There are people who want more than just a singleplayer experience. It's up to R* to provide that.

Also I don't to see how GTA IV's multiplayer can be deemed a failure when it's consistently ranked up with the most played multiplayer games this generation.

Anyway it's impossible for any game to be "boredom proof". If that were true we'd never buy other games. Sure we may come back to them after a hiatus because we may like them alot, but no game is truly "boredom proof".

I can see GTA V offering many months of entertainment like GTA IV, SA, VC etc did, but there'll become a point where we'll get sick of doing the same things over and over again. It's in our nature and goes back to our childhood.

How many of you guys remember having an awesome toy, but after playing with it so much you got bored and wanted something else? As humans we always want more. GTA V may very well be the game that defines this generation, but it wont be immune. No damn way.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 04:32)
QUOTE (Jordan_Philip @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 02:25)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 02:05)

??? Poor soul? You do know this game MP is gonna be huge right? The way I've played in tournaments with R* Devs in IV, RDR and MP3, Im sure V's mp is gonna be nothing short of a masterpiece. I dont get why people hate on mp. If it dont suit you dont play it. But you guys have to go far as to insult us by saying "only COD kids play multiplayer, true fans stick to sp" (not just referring to you btw). R* made and gave us multiplayer for a reason and if you havent played it thats your loss but dont knock it til you've tried it.....at least free mode

Only people that go into MP right away isn't a TRUE FAN. GTA was never a MP game. It's only a SP game. GTA 1 until GTA VCS was only SP. GTA IV MP was a fail. I rather them focus on ONLY SP then MP.

sad.gif why cant we all just live in peace?

I don't care if people play MP. Its great they do. I do too. But GTA V is a SINGLE PLAYER game. It was made for one player to play. Single Player games have a longer replay value. Want to know why? Once this generation of consoles leaves who will be playing most online games? Maybe 1/5 or 1/6 of the amount of players we have right now. I just hate it that Developers only care about Multiplayer more then Single Player.

Oh not you again spurting out that bollocks with your piss coloured text. f*ck off, no one this forum listens or likes you. Who are you to judge who 'true' fans are? It doesn't take long after re-joining this forum to tell who the c*nts are. Mr. Yellow Font to make me feel more noticeable and important.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

iv was always entertaining too. infact... all of them were.

Chunkyluva53
  • Chunkyluva53

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Hell I played GTA IV for 4 years.......I can imagine playing GTA V for a lot longer than that.......

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yeah it will probably be fun

Ill hopefully onbly get off it once im over Videogames for the day

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

One thing I've noticed on some gaming forums other than GTAF is that people are idiots, they simply think that it's going to be GTA IV 2 (I LOVED GTA IV) they have no idea what they're talking about.

They say do not fall for the hype and sh*t.

HudS
  • HudS

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

If there's realistic driving and fun cars im happy!

Sef
  • Sef

Proud to be Dutch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (ReconzVenture @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 11:19)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 04:32)
QUOTE (Jordan_Philip @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 02:25)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 02:05)

sad.gif why cant we all just live in peace?

Oh not you again spurting out that bollocks with your piss coloured text. f*ck off, no one this forum listens or likes you. Who are you to judge who 'true' fans are? It doesn't take long after re-joining this forum to tell who the c*nts are. Mr. Yellow Font to make me feel more noticeable and important.

A true fan just accepts the opinion from other people and wouldn't be bitching about stuff.
Just play the darn game.

Jeeeeeeezzzzzzz....

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

IV was boring because it had almost no good music cryani.gif

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

You can become bored of it the same way you became bored with any previous GTA.

Paves911
  • Paves911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (C4RR4NZ4 @ Monday, May 20 2013, 23:42)
No matter what, and it's the sad truth. But every game gets boring after a while. Tennis is listed twice btw. bored.gif

I don't know. I still play GTA IV to this day more than any other game I own and love every second of it. GTA V will likely stay fun for far longer than IV did. That's close enough to forever isn't it? tounge.gif

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 16:27)
One thing I've noticed on some gaming forums other than GTAF is that people are idiots, they simply think that it's going to be GTA IV 2 (I LOVED GTA IV) they have no idea what they're talking about.

They say do not fall for the hype and sh*t.

First possibility: Most of the time, Forum people who are not interested by V are hardcore IV haters, they will say V will suck just like IV "did" and won't buy it.

Second Possibility: Most of the time, Youtube people top comment will say IV + SA = V which equals the best game ever!!1 (That honor goes to CoD XDz)

Third Possibility: People will say and i quote....
QUOTE (Retarded 12 yr old gamer)
Wacht Dog is beter than gta V all u do in gta is steal car kill kill kill wile wacth doog has haccing reel car city

f*ck gta v! rockstar can suck my balls they act like lil fa**ots about there games!

TL;DR Whact dugz is realistic, gta sux.

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

im certainly going to enjoy giving the finger to everyone in V, hope we can do it in multiplayer too lol.gif

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Mamunda @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 14:04)
You can become bored of it the same way you became bored with any previous GTA.

You will get bored of it at some point yeah but they aren't all the same.

I only played through IV once and I have ended up giving it away because it just got so boring. San Andreas on the other hand...I was playing it up until just last month. That's ~9 years I had been playing it. The only reason I don't play it now is cause my launch PS3 died and my new one can't play PS2 discs. I could buy it on PSN but with V so close I think it's time to put San Andreas in the past. V will most likely keep me entertained for just as long as San Andreas.

IV was a good game but there just wasn't much to do after you finish the game. You can't buy sh*t except weapons, hot dogs, clothes, taxi rides etc. chasing criminals, causing chaos and running from police, and jumping out helicopters can only keep you interested for so long. V will have a much larger map, 3 characters, the ability to modify loads of weapons and cars, the ability to fly more aircraft, buy properties and who else knows what? Plus the story itself will have lots of replay value. I'll play it through it many times. I couldn't bring myself to go through IV again.

wantthegreen
  • wantthegreen

Grove street. Home.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

I never get bored of customizing, so im happy

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

The last game I could just aimlessly wonder around and find things to do or look at was fallout 3.
Even with skyrim I have to be doing a mission or something productive to keep myself entertained.
Before FO3 I guess it was SA. I'd really hope V has that play aspect to it, where you can just do nothing for hours and still have fun and find it interesting.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Obedient

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (YouthGamer @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 01:39)
How is it even possible to be bored playing it?

Fact:Just one of these features can occupy you for a very long time

-titanic city

AND THIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG!

Haha biggrin.gif

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Um....you are going to get board QUICKLY if you do video game yoga...

expectedtorockall
  • expectedtorockall

Don't patronize me , Charles.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (sal7252 @ Monday, May 20 2013, 23:45)
Another thread not discussing anything..just dumb.

Who's the one that isn't discussing anything? If you're not interested then don't post anything...

UberVIIX
  • UberVIIX

I got your girl sucking on that kumquat juice...

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Quite a misleading thread title...

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Wow, there's quite a lot of varied opinions in this thread. Honestly, this thread was a great read. You can really tell who's amped for side missions, who's amped for small bits (customization, scuba diving, etc..), who's amped for multiplayer. As for my opinion, i'm on the fence. I play GTAIII, Vice City, and San Andreas on my PC every day I wake up, and if I had a console i'd play them on there too. I got bored of IV in a couple of years though, partly in due to how watered-down I felt it was. IV literally felt like a step back in a time where more was better. The storyline, characters, and the sweet vehicles made up for it, and multiplayer was a really good place to step up your movements with shooting, driving, and learning to cover the correct way and whatnot. It just wasn't enough however, with the ending that left me wanting more, and like I said, watered-down features that were removed from a lesser console. but maybe Five will be the one that will take it back to the motherland. With the MC:LA-par customization apparently, weapon & player modification, random side missions, and the hour long map it'll take to trek, who knows? Maybe this game will be Death Proof?

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Pleasure_Pier @ Monday, May 20 2013, 23:44)
I'll get bored after couple of days really. GTA is quite boring. Cockstar's biggest fail.

suck my sweaty balls

rjmthe2nd
  • rjmthe2nd

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

ALL IT NEEDS IS a Zombie story DLC and it'll be GOOD!!!!!

Zombies (most likely no zombie mode)

iTruth
  • iTruth

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

If you own a copy of GTA V, you will find salvation and be happy! - FACT

#KIFFLOM

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

All games will eventually get bored (well, to me)
(Listed all games I played/will play for long time and enjoyed/will enjoy them)

Released Games:
GTA IV - Played for a year, now its boring
GTA EFLC - Played for a 1‎ years, now its boring
Max Payne 3 - Played for 5‎ months, still not bored
Saints Row The Third - Played for a month, still not bored (and wont be when I get all DLC's until SRIV)
NFS Hot Pursuit (3) - Played for almost 3 years, now its a bit boring (unless I will get them DLC's)
Minecraft - Played for 5 months, it's a bit boring when no new updates are out but I still play it

Upcoming Games
Saints Row IV - I will probably get bored after 1‎ years
New NFS title - I give it 2 years before i'll get bored
GTA V - I'm sure it will get boring after 4 years

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 20:02)
All games will eventually get bored (well, to me)
(Listed all games I played/will play for long time and enjoyed/will enjoy them)

Released Games:
GTA IV - Played for a year, now its boring
GTA EFLC - Played for a 1‎ years, now its boring
Max Payne 3 - Played for 5‎ months, still not bored
Saints Row The Third - Played for a month, still not bored (and wont be when I get all DLC's until SRIV)
NFS Hot Pursuit (3) - Played for almost 3 years, now its a bit boring (unless I will get them DLC's)
Minecraft - Played for 5 months, it's a bit boring when no new updates are out but I still play it

Upcoming Games
Saints Row IV - I will probably get bored after 1‎ years
New NFS title - I give it 2 years before i'll get bored
GTA V - I'm sure it will get boring after 4 years

Now it's interesting to say that you aren't bored with SR:3. I borrowed that game from a friend since I was curious about it. I loved the other two, but the moment I beat the storyline to the third one I gave up. I just didn't find it fun anymore. The map was 25% smaller than previously, vehicles and weapons taken out. I just thought it was like IV.

twistedweather
  • twistedweather

dust in the wind

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:11 PM Edited by twistedweather, 21 May 2013 - 08:14 PM.

GTAV will provides months upon months of entertainment. I will never sell the game.

well, *maybe if I get addicted to crack* JOKING!!! crack is wack icon13.gif ....will there be crackheads in gta5?

I have kept every GTA game.

that being said imo every game gets boring, so you jus space it out and take breaks 2 keep it fresh...

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 09:40)

Someone who chooses to play multiplayer first isn't any less of fan than someone who prefers singleplayer. GTA is a game for all. Why segregate people into a "lesser" group?

I prefer singleplayer, but I would rather GTA V be as accommodating as it can possibly be. There are people who want more than just a singleplayer experience. It's up to R* to provide that.

Also I don't to see how GTA IV's multiplayer can be deemed a failure when it's consistently ranked up with the most played multiplayer games this generation.

Anyway it's impossible for any game to be "boredom proof". If that were true we'd never buy other games. Sure we may come back to them after a hiatus because we may like them alot, but no game is truly "boredom proof".

I can see GTA V offering many months of entertainment like GTA IV, SA, VC etc did, but there'll become a point where we'll get sick of doing the same things over and over again. It's in our nature and goes back to our childhood.

How many of you guys remember having an awesome toy, but after playing with it so much you got bored and wanted something else? As humans we always want more. GTA V may very well be the game that defines this generation, but it wont be immune. No damn way.

I'm not really calling them a lesser group. Most people that go to MP first are casual gamers. Most of this generation is casual gamers. The reason GTA IV is played alot is cause we haven't had a GTA game for a long time. GTA V will truly be a better MP game but it shouldn't just focus on it.

douggoud
  • douggoud

Peacemaker

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:32 PM Edited by douggoud, 21 May 2013 - 08:34 PM.

I played Gran Turismo 5 over the course of 2 years (not straight obviously), and I logged in 80 some hours in Just Cause 2 (yeah, JC2, deal with it, I love blowing sh*t up). V, I suspect that I'll log in about the same amount of time in single player and multiplayer over the course of a year and a half or so give or take. There is so much to do, I doubt I'll get bored of it very fast. And once I get bored of something in SP, just make it more fun by doing it with your friends in MP (ex: exploring the ocean/countryside by yourself is fun, but doing it with friends will probably be even more fun, along with driving around, and then having dog fights in fighter jets and all that). The game has seemingly limitless opportunities to entertain yourself, as well as stuff to do with friends. It's no wonder why I've never been so hyped for a game like I have V. I'm sure it won't be 100% as great as I think it is, but it'll be pretty damn close. So while V isn't exactly "boredom proof", it's gonna be about as close as you can get to it I'm sure.

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 20:20)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 09:40)

I'm not really calling them a lesser group. Most people that go to MP first are casual gamers. Most of this generation is casual gamers. The reason GTA IV is played alot is cause we haven't had a GTA game for a long time. GTA V will truly be a better MP game but it shouldn't just focus on it.

You're at this sh*t again dude? You need to stop, like now. dozingoff.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users