111 replies to this topic
JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

Maybe not the knights templar specifically. But they may see a glimpse of a TV advert or a poster in the theater of a man dressed in 1400s attire and assume it to be an historical piece. And then they will be extremely confused when they see that 60% of the film is modern day.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

• El Diablo likes this

Mion
  • Mion

KD*

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:04 AM

I don't see the big whoop about putting Yeezy in the trailer, it's not like they had much options that'll fit.

JZFB
  • JZFB

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:51 AM

What? There's dozens of options that'd fit better.

• Street Mix likes this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:56 AM

That song sucks ass, out of all his songs they really had to choose that?

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

Any of the songs from their game trailers,or from soundtrack-Jesper Kyd,Woodkid.

Hell,even with the Battlefield 1 song is much better :)

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:25 PM

I'm just wondering
Who's listened to the trailer with just the instrumentals?

Big Mike
  • Big Mike

Alderney Resident

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:17 AM

I'll go see it but I don't expect it to bee that great. Assassin's Creed is a great game series in my opinion, but I don't think it would make a good movie.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

Any of the songs from their game trailers,or from soundtrack-Jesper Kyd,Woodkid.

Hell,even with the Battlefield 1 song is much better :)

this song makes the trailer 100x more epic lol

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:19 AM Edited by Dbzk1999, 16 August 2016 - 01:19 AM.

Here's some BTS footage concerning how the Leap of Faith is being done in the film. I give the stuns double major credit for pulling this off

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=esR6Y95piMo
  • acmilano likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:51 PM

That looks cool. Can't wait to see it in a theater.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:14 PM

14232992_1331119200234168_49061166295005

• The Deadite and Ivan1997GTA like this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:21 PM

i will sertainly watch the reviews about the movie, but i doubt the rating will be great

seriously, there are some videogame to movie adaptations that are worth to watch when released on tv....but to watch them in theater, i only know of one i saw that i saw and can say "wow, i wished i watched this in the theaters"

most edge on the border of being so bad they are good in a corny way.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:50 AM

Yeah, it'll be a miracle if this movie is critically liked. I guarantee that the majority of people won't know what the f*ck is going on in it.
  • Devdevi45 likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:57 AM

Eh, modern day-wise, this movie is pretty much a soft reboot of AC1 and the historical portion is its own self-contained story as usual, so I don't think it'll be too hard to get into. I doubt they'll burden the plot with too much deep lore, it'll be just easter eggs and subtle references. I don't expect any overt involvement of Juno, the Sages, Eve, the Initiates or whatever. If we'll get the First Civ, it will be a surprise reveal at the end of the movie, just like in the first game.

What I'm worried about is that even if the movie is actually good, they've killed it by releasing it so close to Rogue One. It'll be annihilated at the box office and they can't rely on China to save it, just like it did Warcraft. The execs really dropped the ball here, I have no idea what they were thinking.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

• acmilano likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:23 PM

As a fan of the franchise I have to say this looks like it's going to be a very bad movie.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, same.

I still f*cking grin like an idiot when he says, "We live in the dark to serve the light".

I'm hoping that the stunts and fight choreography is excellent, because I think that's the only thing that would save the movie from what I've seen. But when was the last time a movie did that? The Raid? And before that?
  • acmilano likes this

JZFB
  • JZFB

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:13 AM

I'm hoping that the stunts and fight choreography is excellent, because I think that's the only thing that would save the movie from what I've seen. But when was the last time a movie did that? The Raid? And before that?

Literally every movie starring Scott Adkins. Among others.

Anyway, having seen the second trailer, I find myself even less convinced and interested by the movie. I feel like it's probably big (cast, backing etc) enough that it isn't going to necessarily flop but it isn't going to be a success either.

Who knows? Maybe the movie will turn out good and it's just the way the trailers are put together that doesn't do it justice. 

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:51 AM

I don't really care about Assassin's Creed, but I wish we could get one video game film that doesn't get panned just to bring more faith in creating video game films in general. 

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

This new trailer looks quite mindless.

But there's still the "fwi-ptching!" hidden blade sound ripped straight from the games, which makes me all giddy.

So, still seeing it day one.

• darthYENIK and acmilano like this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:02 AM

I don't really care about Assassin's Creed, but I wish we could get one video game film that doesn't get panned just to bring more faith in creating video game films in general. 

We need Uwe Boll back in that case.
  • Payne Killer likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

Despite how cinematic the Assassin's Creed games have been (With 24 fps)...
And despite the fact that we've already had 2 bad movies...

I'm still convinced the Hitman series could make an awesome transition into movies.
The reason both Hitman movies sucked is they were action movies. A well executed (no pun intended) Hitman movie should play like a backwards crime mystery. A slow and methodical movie about a Hitman orchastrating godlike murders would be fun. If nothing else, it would pioneer a new genre of movies.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:34 PM

I will see this,still trying to be positive. And games deserve finally an good movie,not just cash-ins. Let see how it will work. At least Kanye is gone.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:04 PM

Despite how cinematic the Assassin's Creed games have been (With 24 fps)...
And despite the fact that we've already had 2 bad movies...

I'm still convinced the Hitman series could make an awesome transition into movies.
The reason both Hitman movies sucked is they were action movies. A well executed (no pun intended) Hitman movie should play like a backwards crime mystery. A slow and methodical movie about a Hitman orchastrating godlike murders would be fun. If nothing else, it would pioneer a new genre of movies.

That would require a filmmaker with an actual understanding of the source material first. That's really why all the video game adaptations fail. Not because the stories can't support feature movies. Not because video games are, by definition, "unfilmable".

We just need directors and writers who actually know what these games are about and what makes them work - and then, how to translate that to film. 99% of video game movies are just generic schlock with video game branding over it. They don't tap into what makes their sources great. Take away all the recognizable names from, for example, the Max Payne movie and you'll get just a vanilla action flick.

I actually think Warcraft avoided that, being a clear passion project made by the fans; for the fans. If the AC movie is like that (and I hope it will be, thanks to Ubisoft's direct hand in the production), then I'll be satisfied. Of course, Warcraft's problem is that it wasn't a particulary great film, but the point is that as far as adaptations go, it's how Hollywood should treat video games. With the same respect and interest as for any other medium.

And hey, since we're on the subject, I really liked Warcraft overall. Many thanks to based China for the sequel hope. If I'll enjoy the AC movie as much as that, then it'll be a net positive in my book.

• Darth Absentis likes this

gzr408779
  • gzr408779

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:09 AM

I have a feeling that this will be a dud.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

Tell me again why wasn't this the first trailer?

Ubisoft's marketing team must have had Fox guzzle on their stupid pills.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

JZFB
  • JZFB

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:20 PM

Saw it when it dropped and yeah, it's a lot better than the first trailer.

I'm not yet convinced that this won't be mediocre, though.

• Mister Pink likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:00 PM

Looks better, but not much better. And I can't stand Marion Cotillard.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:26 PM

19% on RT. Not really surprising...

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:38 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 23 December 2016 - 05:10 PM.

"Extraneous elements like 'story' and 'character' are abandoned so we can focus on what's important: scene after scene of self-serious cyphers fighting over something we don't care about" -Eric. D. Schneider

Can be said about most of these sort of films, really. 

But lets look at the evidence. The writers between them wrote Tower Heist, The Transporter: Refueled, Exodus Gods And Kings. One of them has a writing credit for Macbeth 2015 but there was another two writers on that so we don't really know his contribution. 

This really is a bit of a head scratcher. At what point did any of the evidence of their previous work point  to this being a successful film. The only thing I can see is that they had some experience doing period pieces. That's the only reason I can see those writes getting the job (aside from them probably being cheaper than more accomplished writers). Doing more period pieces doesn't mean you are going to get a good film. The time it's set in shouldn't have much bearing on how to write a good screenplay. I would rather an acclaimed writer work on the screenplay even if period pieces wasn't their thing, the focus should be adaptation, character and story. You can have a good film (story and characters) with sh*t action but you can't really have a good action film with a sh*t story or characters. If they got someone like Paul Thomas Anderson (There Will Be Blood) and someone who has experience directing action. 

I mean the budget is 125 million. I would start at the creative-end first, writers, directors and then work out production cost/talent. I understand talent sells films and they have plenty of big names like Fassbender and Jeremy Irons but it seems like they did it the other way around. It's like they (and I say they, like I know who it is) tried skimming on the writer/director. Although now that I look in to it the same director did Macbeth too, so maybe there was some thought gone it to it but I don't think there's enough experience or success in those writers for a mega-budget film adaptation with A-List Hollywood stars. The director Justin Kurzel did Snowtown which was a phenomenal and disturbing film and fantastically directed but I think it could be the writing that lacked (according to the reviews).

I haven't seen the film yet so it's all pure speculation on my part. 

• HaythamKenway, JZFB and Neon_Dreaming like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users