Photo

Assassin's Creed Movie

111 replies to this topic
Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:41 AM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 12 May 2016 - 01:20 PM.

It definitely looks like the games, but since I'm not really a fan of the franchise, it kinda just made me cringe seeing all the acrobatics and costumes from the game on screen. Some things just don't work on film as well as they do in a video game. Though I guess people used to say the same thing about comic book movies before they became popular. It still looks like it could be better than most video game movies. Also yeah f*ck the music.

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:42 AM

Well, it looks a lot better than the Warcraft movie trailers have. So there's that.

Really terrible music choice though.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:40 AM

I don't mind it when it's done right. Look at Bourne movies. Jason Bourne does some sh*t that normal humans could never pull off but it doesn't look ridiculous and childish and it doesn't look effortless and edgy like he's trying to impress a girl with every step he makes. It looks efficient, it looks awesome and it looks like something that can be achieved through training. This doesn't. Just because something looks effortless and choreographed in the game doesn't mean it should look like that in the movie. That's the difference between good movie making and bad movie making. Hopefully Splinter Cell movie won't make the same mistake. It shouldn't considering the director.

And look at that stupid Animus. What's with that robotic arm? Of all the things to change they decided to change something that makes a certain amount of sense into a nonsensical Hollywood piece of sh*t for no reason.

A) the leap of faith isn't in the movie (from what you said earlier)
B) the animus was changed so that the actors can interact more with it
C) what do you mean by gameplay mechanics? Which ones?

A) Watch the trailer to the very end. The leap of faith is clearly there;

B) Terrible choice;

C) Leap of faith and too much emphasis on free running.

But like I said, it could be just that the trailer is terrible. The movie might end up being good. It's AC so I feel like I have to see it no matter how good or bad it is.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

Thank god I'm not the only one bothered by the song.

The trailer showed Michael Fassbender in 'Ye Olden Days', in the Spanish Inquisition.

It was all stylized and it looked beautiful, and I was in!

DID NOT EXPECT YEEZUS TO START SINGING!

Also, didn't they dump the animus the moment they dumped the 360 and PS3? I thought them moving onto Helix (Correct me if that's not it) was just them moving on to Next-Gen consoles. I think even Rogue was set in the Animus.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:46 PM

GTAForum's very own Taltigolt made an edit of the trailer with different music:

Simple change, but it gives a much nicer tone to the footage.

• acmilano likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:33 AM

HATED the song.

f*ck Kanye West

• Street Mix and FroudeyBrand like this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Kosovo

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:10 PM Edited by Street Mix, 13 May 2016 - 03:11 PM.

I'm surprised. I liked it. Dig the vibe.

Hope it's gonna be a combo-breaker for s**t movie adaptations.

P.S. Yes the music is crap but I learned to deal with awful "music" in EA/Ubisoft trailers.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:12 AM

ass-creed.0.jpg

• acmilano, J-B, HaythamKenway and 2 others like this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:57 PM

GTAForum's very own Taltigolt made an edit of the trailer with different music:

Simple change, but it gives a much nicer tone to the footage.

This edit is also good. 

Saw bunch of "fixed"trailers.With out Kanye is a good trailer. What is shown looks good,so maybe this will finnaly stop the curse of bad gaming movies. And most certainly I will watch it when comes to theater.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:57 PM

So now word is the movie will be a 60/40 split between the modern day story (the 60%) and the past story (the 40%).

People seem to not like that.

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:09 AM

The modern day stay story was interesting before the devs killed it narrative and gameplay wise after 3.
  • Street Mix likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:39 AM

So now word is the movie will be a 60/40 split between the modern day story (the 60%) and the past story (the 40%).

Seems like an odd decision since the games are like 99% past.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Kosovo

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:47 PM

Worse.

65/35

Why? Just why? Totally disappointed.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

Seems like an odd decision since the games are like 99% past.

Eh, I don't consider it that odd. It works to have the games play in the past because that's the main appeal of the games. Explore the historical setting, do side missions along with main missions and stuff like that. In terms of a movie, it's gonna be focused more on the overarching story (which is the modern day).
Hope that makes sense

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:01 AM

The Ubiforums must be happy about that.

Personally, my feelings are mixed. The modern day aspect was always just a flavor thing for me, welcome, but not something I played the game for. My favorite implementation of the MD was actually IV and Rogue, and those were just lore dumps. I wouldn't say that there isn't a potential for an interesting story there, but Ubi never really bothered to make the MD setting and the conflict in the games interesting. Clay is probably the only MD character I like as much as the historical cast and by the time I actually started caring about Desmond (Rev, III), they killed him off. So, good work, Ubi.

For a movie narrative, more focus on the modern day makes sense, as it's the tentpole of the story. The historical portion, early on in the franchise, used to be means to the end and the movie seems to adapt that formula. If they make the MD work, make me more curious about the setting, then great. If it's just faffing about, with the really exciting stuff and interesting characters happening in the past, like it usually was in the games, then they are digging their own grave already.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:10 AM

http://screenrant.co...aptiste-moussa/

A minor character from games will be in a movie it seams.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:09 PM Edited by HaythamKenway, 24 May 2016 - 02:11 PM.

And not just Baptiste.

Spoiler

JZFB
  • JZFB

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:24 PM

I don't think it is odd, personally, that the majority (if only by a small percent) of the film might take place in the modern day.

Whilst the games may take place overwhelmingly in the past, the actual narrative is and always was in the modern day for Assassin's Creed. The trips to the past are backdrops really, whose only purpose is to serve as information gathering for things relative to the modern day plot.

It's just that from a gameplay perspective and longevity of the series are better served by that particular composition.

My two cents, at least. 

• The Yokel likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:15 PM

You're right. The actual overarching story of AC games is set in the modern day. There's valid criticism of some of the apparent choices they've made for this movie, but that isn't one of them.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:35 PM

To me, it wouldn't be a high enough concept of a movie if they had the majority of the story be about the past, like the games. The average moviegoer will have no idea what is going on if they only spent five or ten minutes in the modern day story. Why is there a memory machine? Why does this have to be a memory, and not just one piece of an overarching story? In a game we get 10-20 minutes of modern day cutscenes, plus database entries and emails that explains the story. So in reality you probably get an hour of modern day story on average. More so in games like ACIII and BF and Rogue where you spend some considerable time in the modern day.

Anyway, if I hear the names Auditore, Kenway, or Miles in this movie, I might flip my fanboy sh*t.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:40 PM

Anyway, if I hear the names Auditore, Kenway, or Miles in this movie, I might flip my fanboy sh*t.

We better. Otherwise I'll set something on fire. A kitten maybe. Or a puppy. Or both!

• darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:47 PM

I just want to hear Rikkin say, "We learned a lot from Subject 17." Or something like that. I don't want it big. Just like in ACIII when Achilles briefly mentions Ezio to Connor, or better how in Syndicate Evie goes through the Kenway estate and you see momentos from Edward's pirating days.
  • The Yokel likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:07 PM

Yeah a sentence or two would be enough. Or perhaps an easter egg obvious enough to hardcore fans.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:43 AM Edited by HaythamKenway, 25 May 2016 - 02:49 AM.

Oh, I think an Ezio reference is pretty much given, since the timeframe overlaps, not to mention that he actually visited Spain in 1491. Altair reference could be a safe bet too. And that's just the historical portion alone, the modern day is usually one big lore mine.

And apart from those flashback Assassins mentioned above, reports already confirmed that the Assassin weapons Abstergo keeps at the facility are actually relics from past games. For example, the bow Lynch has in the trailer is apparently supposed to be Connor's.

• darthYENIK and Payne Killer like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:59 AM

No f*cking way.

That's awesome.
  • HaythamKenway likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:09 AM

I don't think that's awesome. Call me a cynic but I don't see a point in having those weapons on screen other than Ubisoft's desire to sell toys and replicas later on.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:23 AM

I have a feeling that a bunch of people who never played any of the video games are going to go see this movie expecting it to be some sort of historical piece about the Knights Templar or some sh*t and end up VERY disappointed. Personally I see no reason this movie even had to be made other than Ubisoft wanting to cash in 

JZFB
  • JZFB

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:28 AM

I don't see how anyone, who has never played the games, could expect it to be a historical piece on the Knights Templar. I've not seen any promo material so far that would even lead one to expect that.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:31 PM

Oh, don't confuse my fanboying out for optimism that this movie will be good or that it will be a hit. It's going to flop. Critically and financially barring a miracle.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

I don't see how anyone, who has never played the games, could expect it to be a historical piece on the Knights Templar. I've not seen any promo material so far that would even lead one to expect that.

Maybe not the knights templar specifically. But they may see a glimpse of a TV advert or a poster in the theater of a man dressed in 1400s attire and assume it to be an historical piece. And then they will be extremely confused when they see that 60% of the film is modern day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users