84 replies to this topic
+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

user posted image
"The Assassin's Creed movie, starring Prometheus and X-Men: First Class's Michel Fassbender, has a release date.

According to BoxOfficeMojo.com, the movie is slated for release on May 22, 2015.

We learned of Fassbender's involvement in the film last year. It's still unclear who exactly he will be playing, but he will be adorning the iconic assassin hood, and he will be starring. We also learned earlier this year that the script for the movie will be written by Michael Lesslie, a writer who hasn't done anything particularly well-known in Hollywood yet.

Shortly after the announcement of the film, we put together a list of ways that film makers can avoid screwing up the adaptation"

I'm really looking forward on seeing this in a big screen for sure, anyone else?

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Not really, games to movies always flop.

Doom.
Max Payne.
Hitman.
Etc.

List some more.

Super Mario Bros was ok but it wasn't really super Mario bros. that could have been made into any film.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'm soooo tired of Assassins Creed. I think it comes some years late... icon13.gif
  • FroudeyBrand likes this

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Monday, May 20 2013, 09:45)

Doom.
Max Payne.
Hitman.
Etc.

List some more.

Super Mario Bros was ok but it wasn't  really super Mario bros. that could have been made into any film.

I personally thought the Tekken movie was actually pretty decent, it had lots of awesome fights between recognizable characters from the game. Pretty much everything else was terrible though, so I can agree with that, although I think Ubisoft might at least try to make AC good due to how popular the series is.

The Silent Hill movie wasn't too bad either.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 22:54)
QUOTE (Chukkles @ Monday, May 20 2013, 09:45)

Doom.
Max Payne.
Hitman.
Etc.

List some more.

Super Mario Bros was ok but it wasn't really super Mario bros. that could have been made into any film.

I personally thought the Tekken movie was actually pretty decent, it had lots of awesome fights between recognizable characters from the game. Pretty much everything else was terrible though, so I can agree with that, although I think Ubisoft might at least try to make AC good due to how popular the series is.

The Silent Hill movie wasn't too bad either.

Never seen tekken movie.

Street fighter and mortal Kombat were okayish when I was younger, now as an adult they're pretty terrible.

I just think it's a bad idea and could hurt the game series more than 3 did.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Personally I can't get enough of Assassins creed. Every game is a brilliant cinematic, story driven experience. I think people complain when they see a new assassins creed trailer because they confuse it with Call of Duty. I can't wait for this film!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by GunWrath, 20 May 2013 - 06:54 PM.

With an actor like Fassbender, I see a decent studio have picking this one up for production. So don't look for fail just yet. He's a talented actor and dedicated to his profession. So I see this movie as something on my list to watch. Great find!
  • ShenHAX likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

this could certainly be a great movie.
there's no reason why not.

to be honest I'm not sure why Hollywood tends to screw up so many video game movies as it is.
seems like most games already have the perfect recipe for a good movie... usually. but the director almost always find a way to ruin it.

the Hitman film is the closest that Hollywood ever came to getting it right, and even that was pretty bad lol.gif

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:26 PM

https://www.facebook...?type=1

http://screenrant.co...d-movie-poster/

So that I don't open new topic,maybe just rename this one.

Still I like this.Hopefully it will be a good movie. Next Year,maybe it will save the franchise.

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:05 PM

So who is this going to be a movie version of one of the games or an original story ?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:16 PM Edited by The Yokel, 07 June 2015 - 08:17 PM.

I think they said it was going to be an original story. Something to do with Spain I think. I like that. Considering how many protagonists the game has had it's not really a problem.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

They just gave us the bird...

I really don't want this to suck. Assassin's Creed games have been such a hit or miss. Some rock, some suck. I wanna like it.

• acmilano likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

Spain could be good,maybe something with Inquisition or Discovering of America. But I really want this to suceed.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:23 PM

https://www.yahoo.co...82.html?src=rss

09e65040c3fd16923aab811d4da2522ff4dc3a71

Meet Michael Fassbender as Callum Lynch in Assassin’s Creed.

Based on the massively popular — and prolific — video-game series of the same name, the movie version is set to open in theaters Dec. 21, 2016.

Before hardcore Assassin's Creed gamers start scratching their heads (and filling up the comments) about how exactly Callum Lynch fits into the game world, we can tell you that Fassbender’s character was created specifically for the film. (The movie isn’t retelling any of the existing games, but rather introducing new characters into the same world.)

Lynch discovers he is a descendant of the secret Assassins society through unlocked genetic memories that allow him to relive the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. After gaining incredible knowledge and skills he’s poised to take on the oppressive Knights Templar in the present day.

Also starring Marion Cotillard (The Dark Knight Rises), Michael Kenneth Williams (12 Years a Slave), and Ariane Labed (Before Midnight), cameras start rolling for Assassin's Creed on Monday. Filming is set to happen in Malta, London, and Spain.

Sorry for double post,but some new info on this film arrives.

• The Yokel, This Guy?, Payne and 2 others like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:04 PM

That.Looks.Badass.

Perhaps this will be the video game movie to end the curse of video game movies.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

Malta, eh? It's about time the Templars had something to do with Malta...

https://en.wikipedia...der_of_Malta.29

• Zapp likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

https://www.facebook...?type=1

Picture from Malta,from filming of a movie.

• Mr. Scratch likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:07 AM

So, apparently a trailer or teaser will be dropping next week. I'm actually excited.
  • acmilano, J-B and HaythamKenway like this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:55 PM

Gonna watch that,even if its bad.AC on a big screen just sound like guilty pleasure for me.

• Street Mix and HaythamKenway like this

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:09 PM

Michael Fassbander is a damn good actor, and seriously, just scrolled up to see him in the outfit and f*ck me, he looks f*cking good. If he can nail this role, as well as the film overall, I want to see him win an Oscar. He's already versatile, but this would put him leagues ahead of other people.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:30 AM

It's... Assassin's Creed.

• darthYENIK, HaythamKenway, Coin. and 2 others like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:51 AM

I don't know how to process it. But I got chills as a long time AC fan when he said, "We work in the dark to serve the light..." THE f*ckING CREED!

I wonder how it'll fit into the continuity, isn't it supposed to fit into the games' canon?

UshaB
  • UshaB

"Pain is only temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:24 AM

I hope it does very well for a movie based on a video-game. 

I wonder how the general public will react when he survives the haystack landing.

• darthYENIK, Payne and ShenHAX like this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Mister Doctor

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:40 AM Edited by HaythamKenway, 12 May 2016 - 06:41 AM.

I don't know how to process it. But I got chills as a long time AC fan when he said, "We work in the dark to serve the light..." THE f*ckING CREED!

I wonder how it'll fit into the continuity, isn't it supposed to fit into the games' canon?

Yes, it is. That's why I was kind of surprised when Cotillard started talking about Animus - alright, it's a name even people who never played AC know, but the Animus technology has been obsolete in the games for three years now. I mean, technically, they don't even need Lynch anymore, if his "past" is really the only thing Abstergo wants. But then again, some of the footage implies that they are doing the Animus training angle like in Brohood and Rev, so that would explain it.

But whatever, I'm don't really care about details like this, because it looks like that they really honored the series. Everything feels just right and the visuals are really impressive (and I really need to watch Kurzel's Macbeth already). It sells the idea that they really want to aim higher than usual video game adaptations, made on the cheap by the people who never held a controller in their lives.

Just... a better music choice next time, please? Come on Ubi, just dig out the Revelations theme from your library again.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:03 AM

Yeah, didn't like the music.
  • feckyerlife likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:13 AM Edited by The Yokel, 12 May 2016 - 07:21 AM.

Cringeworthy dialogue and edgy looking characters. And from the looks of the trailer it seems more like fan-fiction than something decently made. I really don't like how it looks and I don't think this movie will the the one to break the cycle. But I'm probably still gonna see it anyway, like everyone else.

Maybe that's just the fault of the trailer that was obviously made to appeal to teenagers. But I'm not a fan of blatantly copying gameplay mechanics into a movie. Film makers are supposed to know what works in a movie and what doesn't and why. Source material is important, but mostly for the story and aesthetics. Look at how Marvel is treating the comics with MCU for example.

Gameplay mechanics shouldn't be blatantly copied. And these guys decided that the motherf*ckin' leap of faith should be in the movie. That's was just a cool gameplay mechanic. It's not something that should exist in the real world.

What concerns me the most is that the movie is going to be badly put together. That instead of making a solid movie with a coherent narrative and interesting characters, the story will just be an excuse to show as many video-gamey scenes as possible so that the fans can go "oh, I recognize that from the games".

• Richard Power Colt and ExTerminator like this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Mister Doctor

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

I don't see what's wrong with transplanting the game's combat and movement to the movie. If anything, it made me more hyped and convinced of the film's faithfulness to the source material.

If it feels unrealistic to you, fair enough, but remember that Assassins being borderline metahuman is not an aspect of the gameplay. They were essentially genetic experiments, specifically bred by the First Civ. That's canon, that's real, in-universe.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:36 AM Edited by The Yokel, 12 May 2016 - 07:43 AM.

I don't mind it when it's done right. Look at Bourne movies. Jason Bourne does some sh*t that normal humans could never pull off but it doesn't look ridiculous and childish and it doesn't look effortless and edgy like he's trying to impress a girl with every step he makes. It looks efficient, it looks awesome and it looks like something that can be achieved through training. This doesn't. Just because something looks effortless and choreographed in the game doesn't mean it should look like that in the movie. That's the difference between good movie making and bad movie making. Hopefully Splinter Cell movie won't make the same mistake. It shouldn't considering the director.

And look at that stupid Animus. What's with that robotic arm? Of all the things to change they decided to change something that makes a certain amount of sense into a nonsensical Hollywood piece of sh*t for no reason.

• Payne likes this

Titania
  • Titania

Are you scared?

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:55 AM Edited by Titania, 12 May 2016 - 07:56 AM.

Music was awful and didn't fit the setting at all. Seems like an okay ish movie to me and I'll probably check it out. I also hope Ubisoft finally fixed the glitches this time.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

I don't mind it when it's done right. Look at Bourne movies. Jason Bourne does some sh*t that normal humans could never pull off but it doesn't look ridiculous and childish and it doesn't look effortless and edgy like he's trying to impress a girl with every step he makes. It looks efficient, it looks awesome and it looks like something that can be achieved through training. This doesn't. Just because something looks effortless and choreographed in the game doesn't mean it should look like that in the movie. That's the difference between good movie making and bad movie making. Hopefully Splinter Cell movie won't make the same mistake. It shouldn't considering the director.

And look at that stupid Animus. What's with that robotic arm? Of all the things to change they decided to change something that makes a certain amount of sense into a nonsensical Hollywood piece of sh*t for no reason.

A) the leap of faith isn't in the movie (from what you said earlier)
B) the animus was changed so that the actors can interact more with it
C) what do you mean by gameplay mechanics? Which ones?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users