7 replies to this topic
+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

user posted image
"The Assassin's Creed movie, starring Prometheus and X-Men: First Class's Michel Fassbender, has a release date.

According to BoxOfficeMojo.com, the movie is slated for release on May 22, 2015.

We learned of Fassbender's involvement in the film last year. It's still unclear who exactly he will be playing, but he will be adorning the iconic assassin hood, and he will be starring. We also learned earlier this year that the script for the movie will be written by Michael Lesslie, a writer who hasn't done anything particularly well-known in Hollywood yet.

Shortly after the announcement of the film, we put together a list of ways that film makers can avoid screwing up the adaptation"

I'm really looking forward on seeing this in a big screen for sure, anyone else?

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Not really, games to movies always flop.

Doom.
Max Payne.
Hitman.
Etc.

List some more.

Super Mario Bros was ok but it wasn't really super Mario bros. that could have been made into any film.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'm soooo tired of Assassins Creed. I think it comes some years late... icon13.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Monday, May 20 2013, 09:45)

Doom.
Max Payne.
Hitman.
Etc.

List some more.

Super Mario Bros was ok but it wasn't  really super Mario bros. that could have been made into any film.

I personally thought the Tekken movie was actually pretty decent, it had lots of awesome fights between recognizable characters from the game. Pretty much everything else was terrible though, so I can agree with that, although I think Ubisoft might at least try to make AC good due to how popular the series is.

The Silent Hill movie wasn't too bad either.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 22:54)
QUOTE (Chukkles @ Monday, May 20 2013, 09:45)

Doom.
Max Payne.
Hitman.
Etc.

List some more.

Super Mario Bros was ok but it wasn't  really super Mario bros. that could have been made into any film.

I personally thought the Tekken movie was actually pretty decent, it had lots of awesome fights between recognizable characters from the game. Pretty much everything else was terrible though, so I can agree with that, although I think Ubisoft might at least try to make AC good due to how popular the series is.

The Silent Hill movie wasn't too bad either.

Never seen tekken movie.

Street fighter and mortal Kombat were okayish when I was younger, now as an adult they're pretty terrible.

I just think it's a bad idea and could hurt the game series more than 3 did.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Personally I can't get enough of Assassins creed. Every game is a brilliant cinematic, story driven experience. I think people complain when they see a new assassins creed trailer because they confuse it with Call of Duty. I can't wait for this film!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by GunWrath, 20 May 2013 - 06:54 PM.

With an actor like Fassbender, I see a decent studio have picking this one up for production. So don't look for fail just yet. He's a talented actor and dedicated to his profession. So I see this movie as something on my list to watch. Great find!

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

this could certainly be a great movie.
there's no reason why not.

to be honest I'm not sure why Hollywood tends to screw up so many video game movies as it is.
seems like most games already have the perfect recipe for a good movie... usually. but the director almost always find a way to ruin it.

the Hitman film is the closest that Hollywood ever came to getting it right, and even that was pretty bad lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users