Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did You Like Luis Lopez?

113 replies to this topic

Poll: Did You Like Luis Lopez? (465 member(s) have cast votes)

Did You Like Luis Lopez?

1. Yes (333 votes [75.51%])

Percentage of vote: 75.51%

2. No (108 votes [24.49%])

Percentage of vote: 24.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Nez Man
  • Nez Man

Naean Howlett-Foster

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:36 PM Edited by Nez Man, 25 October 2013 - 10:39 PM.

I actually really like Luis Lopez as a character.

However, I feel that a lot of people dismissed his personality, P.O.V. and flavour he brought to Liberty City, because people take one look at the APC, Buzzard, cars with nitrus, Sticky Bombs and Explosive Shotgun, and say "f*ck this, I'm out!", dismissing the entirety of T.B.O.G.T. as "Trying too hard!" and/or having a "Shallow, plastic storyline.", when in reality that is quite a far stretch from the truth.

Also, let me be very clear here. I am not saying that you have to like T.B.O.G.T., nor am I implying that opinions differing to mine should be invalid. Everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinions. However, dismissing the game on the very outer surface as being hollow and 2D, without opening your mind to exploring beyond the coating, frankly isn't going to form a good well-informed opinion, no matter how you try to spin it.

Personally I thought Luis Lopez blended in well with the city, the other side-characters and added another perspective to the conflicts/tensions among the three protagonists, as well as the antagonists. The nightlife side of things which were hinted at in Grand Theft Auto IV also got fleshed out, and we saw more in-depth how Luis dealt with said lifestyle, and the atmospheres it landed him in. Often with funny outcomes and entertaining scenarios.

libertycitymobster326
  • libertycitymobster326

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:13 AM Edited by libertycitymobster326, 26 October 2013 - 07:20 AM.

He grew on me. Turned out to be a pretty cool dude. Loyal to his friends, and his mother even though she hated the life he was living.

Verdant
  • Verdant

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

Eh, I didn't mind him to be honest. I do prefer Johnny much more though.

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Well, Luis Lopez was more of a favourable character for me than Johnny & Niko. Johnny was suicidal and also gloomy, it kinda pissed me off with his constant "Kill me now" (yet everybody cried when he got his wish in GTA V). Niko on the other hand was harassed by a stalking cousin, a steroid pumped man who is possibly homosexual and pity-me gangsta.

At least Luis made Liberty City look more fabulous and bright than just a wasteland that's dominanted by Russians and Italians. He had more of a reason to fight instead of protecting no-hoper "brothers" or a cousin with so much debt, Greece would consider him a challenge.

• Jericho176 likes this

MisasKira
  • MisasKira

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by MisasKira, 28 October 2013 - 09:56 PM.

He was okay, I don't really have anything against his character I guess. Definitely enjoyed the other two IV protagonists more though.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by simonp92, 29 October 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Well, Luis Lopez was more of a favourable character for me than Johnny & Niko. Johnny was suicidal and also gloomy, it kinda pissed me off with his constant "Kill me now" (yet everybody cried when he got his wish in GTA V). Niko on the other hand was harassed by a stalking cousin, a steroid pumped man who is possibly homosexual and pity-me gangsta.

At least Luis made Liberty City look more fabulous and bright than just a wasteland that's dominanted by Russians and Italians. He had more of a reason to fight instead of protecting no-hoper "brothers" or a cousin with so much debt, Greece would consider him a challenge.

Please explain what reason he had to fight? The biggest problem with Luis is that he has no motivation. He is loyal  to Tony, but we have no idea why that is. It is never explained how they met or how Luis came to work for Tony. Luis hasn't even been working for him that long. Where's his motivation to do all this horrible stuff? 

EDIT: It's funny you think Roman is in much debt, yet forgot that the entire premise of TBOGT is to clean up after Tony, who is in debt to EVERYONE. 

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

The biggest problem with Luis is that he has no motivation. He is loyal  to Tony, but we have no idea why that is. It is never explained how they met or how Luis came to work for Tony. Luis hasn't even been working for him that long. Where's his motivation to do all this horrible stuff? 

tony said "i only hired you because i thought you were dumb", which probably implies that luis before he met tony wasn't doing so well and didn't have a lot of opportunities. now that he hired luis, luis became loyal to tony because tony gave him opportunities and made him rich

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

I think he was interesting.....and honestly his story seems similar to Franklin's: A gang member who gets picked up by a person who is doing very well (Tony for Luis, Micheal for Franklin), starts a life that leads to him getting out of the ghetto and into the higher life (Club Managment for Luis, Higher Level Crime for Franklin), and have to deal with friends and family saying he has lost his roots, and accuse him of "sleeping with" said helper. Regardless, both still try to be loyal to their old friends and family.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

The biggest problem with Luis is that he has no motivation. He is loyal  to Tony, but we have no idea why that is. It is never explained how they met or how Luis came to work for Tony. Luis hasn't even been working for him that long. Where's his motivation to do all this horrible stuff? 

tony said "i only hired you because i thought you were dumb", which probably implies that luis before he met tony wasn't doing so well and didn't have a lot of opportunities. now that he hired luis, luis became loyal to tony because tony gave him opportunities and made him rich

So because of money? That hardly explains why Luis didn't leave Tony to work for Mori, Yusef or bulgarin. While all 3 surely are f*cked up, so is Tony. Atleast he is when we meet him in TBOGT. 

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

No. I do not like his playboy attitude and promiscuity.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

I can relate to Luis a lot, we both have a small cock for one. (no homo)

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

It was a good end to that GTA 4 trilogy, seeing as the before 2 were a bit dark and sad. Luis was okay but most of the time he sounded like he was mumbling, and it didn't look like they worked on his skin texture very well (the face looks a little messed up out of cutscenes).

As a character, he was okay, definitely a change from the others.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

Nah not much.

I always changed characters with the simple trainer I used haha

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Hmm. Well, he's certainly badass. And he seems more blatantly sociopathic than most of the other GTA protagonists. But at the same, I feel like he doesn't have much of a distinct personality. I think the main problem is that most of the game focuses on Tony's problems. Luis himself doesn't really have his own character arc. There's the stuff with his family and his old friends, but those plot points are never developed to their full extent.

I don't dislike Luis, but I think he's one of the least memorable of the GTA protagonists.

Cool jacket, though.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

It's not like anyone cares anyway

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

I like how he can bang any women anywhere.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

I hated Luiz Lopez. He was a two dimensional character (I know it was only a side story). He was ungrateful towards Gay Tony who saved him from committing low rent crimes with those other two Puerto Ricans so that was annoying. His voice was annoying, his attitude was annoying, his fighting style was annoying. I don't think there was anything positive about this character other than his dress sense. He had the nicest clothes set of any GTA character I can remember.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

I've always been hard on Luis, but really I don't think he's that bad. Maybe I'm just used to the gruff and difficult lifestyles of Niko and Johnny?

Either way Luis is still better than Trevor. A lot better in fact.

• Jeansowaty and nobum62 like this

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

He was ungrateful towards Gay Tony who saved him from committing low rent crimes with those other two Puerto Ricans so that was annoying.

Ungrateful? He uses a lot of his time to help Tony. Almost the whole story is about Luis trying to get Tony out of sh*t that he's been getting himself into.

JaysonVoorhees
  • JaysonVoorhees

Psycho-logist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

I liked him. I thought the people around him were whiney and his whining was more of a frustration venting due to behavior of those surrounding him. His old friends used him and belittled him for his "success" as a major nightclub manager. I thought his mom was a piece of (garbage), but he still cared about her.

He was very much a player, but all the women he played with were playing in their own right. Women know they don't find love in a nightclub restroom. Well, perhaps not the crazy one lol. Even then, he didn't want to see her hurt. He just didn't want to be stalked.

I thought the story made him a bit too much of a guppy with the real bad guys.

Exactly - I liked him personally.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Peon

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

He was a great character, probably the most down to earth of the three.

LeatherLion
  • LeatherLion

Protagonist

• Members

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:35 PM Edited by LeatherLion, 23 March 2014 - 01:36 PM.

Not really. He is selfish and boring. So i'd say he's the least. Or well. That's just how i view Luis.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

Why would i like idiot like him? Worst GTA protagonist.

Ledsbourne
  • Ledsbourne

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

I think he's great, not as good as Johnny of course, but far better than Niko. He isn't a pussy working for whatever he can, he doesn't hesitate to go harsh on guys like Mori, Timur, uncle Vince and even Yusuf when they piss him off and manages to keep Tony in one piece. He's quest is about keeping business running while Tony gets them into the sh*t, I like their father-son relationship. He's loyal to his mother who belittles him, loyal to his friends (even though Armando is such a dick) and of course to Tony. And at least he is cocky enough to stand up for himself, not a pussy like CJ.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

He's a crappy protagonist. Still better than Claude or Trevor, but crap. His life was way too easy. He could enjoy anything, even any woman! And Niko? He had to always fight to have some peace at last. I won't even mention how Johnny's poor life went down...

• LeatherLion likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users