Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did You Like Luis Lopez?

113 replies to this topic

Poll: Did You Like Luis Lopez? (464 member(s) have cast votes)

Did You Like Luis Lopez?

1. Yes (332 votes [75.45%])

Percentage of vote: 75.45%

2. No (108 votes [24.55%])

Percentage of vote: 24.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Matt06
  • Matt06

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:20 AM

I like Luis, but some of the stuff he says during the cut scenes contradicts himself, like how he tells Bulgarin that he's not a hit man/contract killer, yet he sure slayed a load of Chinamen during one of the early missions. And he tells Tony and someone else how he kills for money.

Plus he's very jumpy with people. He needs to chill, like Niko.

PhantomRoxas101
  • PhantomRoxas101

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (WATER DRAGON @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 04:18)
Arrogant? A dick? He was the nicest out of Niko and Jonny. Niko's running animation was worse it looked like he was speed walking.

No he wasn't, because Johnny took care of his brothers, like Angus. He cared for everyone and gave mercy on others, especially women. Niko was nice too, going to help Dwayne after he lost everything.Luis is cool too, but he's overly sexually active getting him into trouble. Johnny's running animation is like that because he crashed and hurt his leg. Niko's is unexplained, but i just liked his run. Luis to me is a good character, but too cocky and headstrong. Thank god he aint in a gang, he would've died for sure!

123iamking
  • 123iamking

Who am I?

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:54 AM Edited by 123iamking, 15 June 2013 - 09:14 AM.

Nah , Luis is not as handsome as any protagonist in the previous GTA , and he treated girl really bad (causing death to a girl I don't remember her name) . Anyway , he is the one who has much hair than any other in GTA 4 , but his hair looks terrible .
in conclusion , GTA 4's protagonists is not as good as GTA 3's protagonists (if don't wanna say they are the worst protagonists ever(GTA1&2 not concluded) ) monocle.gif

Rjeev142
  • Rjeev142

Snitches get stitches

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 21:10)
had the worst running animation ever.

I love johnny, but HE had the worst running animation. He ran like a damn chicken the way his arms swayed so awkwardly. Niko had an ok running animation. In my opinion Luis' running animation was also just ok, but I think the huge amount of muscle that he has attributes to the way he runs.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

I hated Luis the two first times I played through this game, but now I really like him.

I understand him now why he is being such a dick all the time, it is because nearly everyone treats him like dirt, especially Armando, Ernesto and his mom.

Luis is a great character, one of my favorites from the IV era.

FranklinsBroJT
  • FranklinsBroJT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Monday, May 27 2013, 08:56)
I didn't have a problem with him, since he is Dominican like myself I had a small connection with him and his humor.

Yea! Us Dominicans need to stick together lol.gif

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

I liked him because he was down to earth and sensible.

People often have the belief that a character has to be over the top or extreme or really entertaining in order to be a good character.

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

Why did I move here? Guess it was the weather...

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

He runs like he got raped in jail or something.

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

Why did I move here? Guess it was the weather...

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (WATER DRAGON @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 04:18)
Arrogant? A dick? He was the nicest out of Niko and Jonny. Niko's running animation was worse it looked like he was speed walking.

He runs the way real men run. Luis runs like an asshole.

Vesta987
  • Vesta987

Grand Theft Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Niko was way better, and Johnny seemed more badass than Luis, Luis is not one of my favorite Grand Theft Auto character although I do like him better than Victor Vance. breadfish_by_Moto.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

I thought he was a prick, tbh. I see why he wasn't to enthusiastic about doing drug runs with his friends that refuse to even attempt to move their lives away from the ghetto but still. Dude was an asshole to them 24/7. And he ran like a f*ck. That being said, I still liked him somewhat because he was alot less dark than Niko or Johnny, especially Niko.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

Ah, I thought he was good. Not as badass as Johnny of as interesting as Niko, but an acceptable protagonist for a GTA game.

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

No.

He was cocky, arrogant and annoying. My least favorite GTA protag of all time.

Jukka095
  • Jukka095

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Yeah, I liked Luis. I liked Niko a bit more, but Luis was fine. He was so calm and cool almost in every situation.
And since everyone is talking about the running animation... well, Luis' running animation was kinda silly.
1. Niko 2. Luis 3. Johnny

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

I liked Niko a lot more.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

The fact that TBoGT was supposed to crazy and sh*t didn't help his character.

But he was awesome I liked him.

MasterToothDecayer
  • MasterToothDecayer

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 13:06)
Although both him and Niko had the most annoying voices ever.

It it the accents? I get used to accents pretty fast and their voices don't bother me.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (MasterToothDecayer @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 02:38)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 13:06)
Although both him and Niko had the most annoying voices ever.

It it the accents? I get used to accents pretty fast and their voices don't bother me.

Except for Badman.

eight nine
  • eight nine

trolololling the trolls

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

Have you guys even played this game? Luis pretty much has to be an asshole. His boss his a crazy offensive asshole cynic, his mom his an unapriciative old hag c*nt, his fathers an asshole, his brother and sister are hypocrites, his friends are jealous and constantly bash him for being the man, etc etc etc.
Too me he's an average dude from the streets who got mad game.
Luis is the best character after John Marston. Or as my little sister says, John Martian

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

Definitely the weakest written protagonist R* has ever created. The whole story aspect of TBOGT was an afterthought to flashy new guns and cars.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (eight nine @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 08:31)
Have you guys even played this game? Luis pretty much has to be an asshole. His boss his a crazy offensive asshole cynic, his mom his an unapriciative old hag c*nt, his fathers an asshole, his brother and sister are hypocrites, his friends are jealous and constantly bash him for being the man, etc etc etc.
Luis is the best character after John Marston. Or as my little sister says, John Martian

I agree with you on everything except that he is the 2nd best protagonist.

He isn't a weak character, there are reasons for his behavior.

K ell z
  • K ell z

~Queen of the Lost Kings~

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:29 AM

He was my favourite of the 3.

I enjoyed his quest line muchly. smile.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

I found him bland and uninteresting, almost emotionless, but at the same time uber cool. He was a good take on the average "party scene" muscle guy, and the voice actor had a cool voice.. I think the story let the character down. Niko and Johnny were awesome because of their story and BOGT had everything in place, but just didn't try to do much. It was a nice change of pace from Niko and Johnny, and was refreshing but i kinda wish Luis had more development and was more interesting.

Yes, I liked him, even though he was the weakest of all 3

Sakurai Aoi
  • Sakurai Aoi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

yeah he was a nice guy. i really liked to play him

Riding shotgun
  • Riding shotgun

Burn till I cant burn no more

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

He is a decent character. I never cared for him like Johnny or Niko though. I find he got on my nerves just the way he talked, he was like trying to more macho than RANDY SAVAGE. Yeah luis went to jail, he is a tough guy by nature. He just seemed more forced than any other character since Vic Vance.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Yeah he was my favorite of the 3, Johnny comes after.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

on my first play through i hated him on my 2nd i thought he was ok but on my 3rd play through (which i completed a few hours back) i have kinda fell in love with the guy i still think he has his douche bag moments but now i gotta say i like the guy.

dragon_goran_mijo
  • dragon_goran_mijo

Suspect is driving a red sports car

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

Luis Lopez may have not been that best character, but he was certainly the right one to be the last one in Liberty City.
  • gunziness likes this

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 21:10)
I hated him. He was arrogant, an asshole, a whiner, and had the worst running animation ever.

Niko, killed for money, hypocrite, killed hundreds just to find a man who sold out a bunch of child murders, whines about his evil choices and his murders (which is a good thing!).

Johnny, killed for personal business, killed just because he didn't like the other team, killed for sport, arrogant against authority and the "man".

Dude, at the end of the day, they're all assholes. But I love them all, they're all literature gold. From what I can tell, you're just bias against that type of mainstream culture that Luis represents. And also I think you're a bit of a racist

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (eight nine @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 08:31)

That's the theme of the story. Everyone was an asshole and lied to each other. You have to know who your friend are even if you think you know them. Even more so in this fake, glamorous world of parties, money and fame. The money changes everyone,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users