Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA EFLC unable to detect virtual drive?

5 replies to this topic
chandupro
  • chandupro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

My laptop is unable to read GTA EFLC DVD(original) so i created an image file and mounted it using daemon tools.But the game is unable to detect the virtual drive, i even changed the drive letters but no use,it is asking for a DVD.Anybody help me with this??

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Is this a problem with the DVD or your laptop's DVD-ROM? If it's your DVD-ROM drive, then I suggest getting it fixed as opposed to trying to run the game off a virtual drive.

chandupro
  • chandupro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

It is the problem with my DVD drive as i cant replace it now,so i made an image and mounted in virtual drive.But i am unable to run the game.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (chandupro @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 07:59)
It is the problem with my DVD drive as i cant replace it now,so i made an image and mounted in virtual drive.But i am unable to run the game.

Something's doesn't add up with that post-ie. WHY can't you replace the DVD drive? That is one thing(besides RAM upgrades) that you can actually do yourself on a laptop. You might have to contact the Manufacturer of your laptop, as laptop parts can be a little harder to find. But it is definitely something that can be done(and DVD drives are usually less than $50 too, so it is not too expensive).

Daemon tools can cause problems with games-especially those which use Secrcrom(spelling?) like IV and EFLC does.

Another option IF you do not want to replace the DVD drive is to get the LEGAL download version from Steam, that way you have NO disc to worry about. Don't see why you don't though, as the CD/DVD drive is something you use daily, so why not just get a new one and avoid the hastle of not having one?

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:52 AM Edited by CCPD, 30 May 2013 - 12:54 AM.

If you have a problem with your laptop reading the "original" disc, how did you manage to make an image copy of it? Isn't it necessary for system to be able to read the disc from which it makes a duplicate? Your DVD drive isn't good enough to load the game but it can manage to read all the data to copy it? You downloaded it from a bittorrent site didn't you? sly.gif Is it too may questions?

JWitfield
  • JWitfield

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:55 PM Edited by JWitfield, 19 June 2013 - 12:59 PM.

QUOTE (
radioman )
  as the CD/DVD drive is something you use daily, so why not just get a new one and avoid the hastle of not having one?

Actually this is not true, for 10 yrs I have only used a drive to install prgms, games and so on.. Games that require a cd to be added in a drive i get a no cd thing so I don't have to use the CD.. after I install things on my computer I barely even use a drive.. My last pc I had the drive broke 3 yrs before it died.. I didn't need to fix it everything I needed was on the pc already...

This predated steam downloadable... Last time i touched steam before GTA was Half Life 2, so since then I had no idea they had downloadable games.....

Come to think about it I just built this pc i got now in feb, I have yet to use the cd player in it..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users