Photo

What's Franklin's deal?

19 replies to this topic
AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

For this topic I'm trying to sort out the question - What is Franklin's deal?

We pretty much know now the stories dealing with Michael and his personal/family life and Trevor being well, Trevor and his battle with controlling the guns and crank and keeping those bikers off his case..
But what about Franklin? To me his story doesn't add up but through this topic we will attempt to shed some light on it.
Now before you reply with 'OMFG yUh don No AnyTHan bout FrAnkn'
I assume you don't know anything about him either. Make sure you read the whole thing 1st.
Ok so we have Franklin, works for a repo company for some Armenian car dealership. So it appears life is all good for Franklin. He's making money and has a job to do.
Then we have Lamar, his Grove St friend who keeps telling him he has to be more loyal to the hood. Like Lamar says in the trailer 'That's all we got, it's in our heritage' but Franklin is tired of the hood life. Ok so all that's making sense so far. I guess we can understand that side of events.
Now what Doesn't make sense is that biarch saying 'I don't care how many cars you own, you 'aint changin' I mean what is her problem? He has a job she should be quiet and be happy.
So to satisfy this biarch, he goes off with Michael and Trevor to rob? Becomes a robber? Is that really a smart career choice when he already has a good job and lots of cars? Wtf
this is why I say Franklin's deal don't add up and to me it's like Rockstar just added Franklin to lull the audience of whiney kids who said 'No CJ IMMA GOIN TO PLAYE sumTHh eLS I hate R*' While I think it's great we are getting a slice of the old San Andreas back, Franklin's deal don't add up.

proud2bsikh
  • proud2bsikh

Raaj karega Khalsa

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Read the full game informer which mentions franklins story, before posting such useless post.

5000 Staples
  • 5000 Staples

Skadooooosh

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (proud2bsikh @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 11:07)
Read the full game informer which mentions franklins story, before posting such useless post.

Ouchhhh lol.

Although you do have a point ph34r.gif

GTAFan20
  • GTAFan20

I Got This.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

For everyone who's whining about a character, you're sooooo wrong.
Rockstar always know what they are doing.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Pretty much what everyone is telling him is stop trying to be something you're not.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

OMFG yUh don No AnyTHan bout FrAnkn

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 11:04)
For this topic I'm trying to sort out the question - What is Franklin's deal?

We pretty much know now the stories dealing with Michael and his personal/family life and Trevor being well, Trevor and his battle with controlling the guns and crank and keeping those bikers off his case..
But what about Franklin? To me his story doesn't add up but through this topic we will attempt to shed some light on it.
Now before you reply with 'OMFG yUh don No AnyTHan bout FrAnkn'
I assume you don't know anything about him either. Make sure you read the whole thing 1st.
Ok so we have Franklin, works for a repo company for some Armenian car dealership. So it appears life is all good for Franklin. He's making money and has a job to do.
Then we have Lamar, his Grove St friend who keeps telling him he has to be more loyal to the hood. Like Lamar says in the trailer 'That's all we got, it's in our heritage' but Franklin is tired of the hood life. Ok so all that's making sense so far. I guess we can understand that side of events.
Now what Doesn't make sense is that biarch saying 'I don't care how many cars you own, you 'aint changin' I mean what is her problem? He has a job she should be quiet and be happy.
So to satisfy this biarch, he goes off with Michael and Trevor to rob? Becomes a robber? Is that really a smart career choice when he already has a good job and lots of cars? Wtf
this is why I say Franklin's deal don't add up and to me it's like Rockstar just added Franklin to lull the audience of whiney kids who said 'No CJ IMMA GOIN TO PLAYE sumTHh eLS I hate R*' While I think it's great we are getting a slice of the old San Andreas back, Franklin's deal don't add up.

He steals cars fool

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

It's easy to see OP.

Franklin does not actually own any of the flashy cars, he only repossesses them for the Armenian outfit. He gets to drive them, but he don't own them. This maybe what that lady talking to him is getting at, but we don't know for sure what that is all about. Rockstar cannot tell you everything before the game is out. Franklin is only a repo man and that probably does not give him anywhere near the kind of money he wants to live the high life. He probably dont just wanna decent job, he wants to make serious money, be his own boss and live a life of luxury.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

*sigh*, are you for real?

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (InfernoV @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 12:50)
OMFG yUh don No AnyTHan bout FrAnkn

icon14.gif

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 05:04)

this is why I say Franklin's deal don't add up and to me it's like Rockstar just added Franklin to lull the audience of whiney kids who said 'No CJ IMMA GOIN TO PLAYE sumTHh eLS I hate R*'

My source told me this was exactly the case monocle.gif

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 12:01)
It's easy to see OP.

Franklin does not actually own any of the flashy cars, he only repossesses them for the Armenian outfit. He gets to drive them, but he don't own them. This maybe what that lady talking to him is getting at, but we don't know for sure what that is all about. Rockstar cannot tell you everything before the game is out. Franklin is only a repo man and that probably does not give him anywhere near the kind of money he wants to live the high life. He probably dont just wanna decent job, he wants to make serious money, be his own boss and live a life of luxury.

Thanks for trying to sort out the question

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

He loves Chop a little too much, one day Trevor sees him licking the dogs ears, Trevor puts it on YT and the sh!t hits the fan.

Afrojacked
  • Afrojacked

I lift heavy things up, and put them down.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 11:56)
He steals cars fool

Seems pretty clear bro....

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yes, you don't know nothing about Franklin.

"You ain't changing", she's talking about his behavior, it doesn't matter what he dresses like, what he drives, there's something about his behavior that pisses that lady off.

BeardedxMic
  • BeardedxMic

The Bearded Bastich.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 12:01)
It's easy to see OP.

This. It's probably exactly as this person put it, where instead of payment, Franklin gets to use another car that isn't his as payment. And where that's enough for Lamar, it's not enough for Frank's lady friend, and it isn't enough for him. He wants to be more than some hood. More than some car jacker. He got into criminal life the same reason everyone gets into it, to be a big shot. To make more money than they can spend. And while he thought this car game was his way up, he's starting to see that it's a dead end. And while everyone around him is perfectly happy being shot at, and wanting nothing more than having the chance to shoot back, Frank wants more. He wants to do things that people have always told him he can't. This is why Frank joins up.

Hope it helps, TC.

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

if these are Armenians are anything like in IV guarantee something shady is happening at that dealership!

AlexJonesConspiracy
  • AlexJonesConspiracy

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (GTAFan20 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 11:14)

not always, they quite clearly didnt know what they where doing with GTA IV's PC version

rjmthe2nd
  • rjmthe2nd

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 11:04)

Then we have Lamar, his Grove St friend

Oh My God, its not Grove St. its just 'FAMILIES' Is it to hard to get through your head? its like a gang started where you live,the gang will have its own name not the name of your street....

just by that minor error i can tell you didn't research anything about Franklin or Families.

guitarviking
  • guitarviking

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (AlexJonesConspiracy @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 13:38)
QUOTE (GTAFan20 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 11:14)

not always, they quite clearly didnt know what they where doing with GTA IV's PC version

Yeah, because that's really related to their character structure.... Dumbass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users