Call for more staff.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic
gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

There needs to be staff with different timezones. Take a look at this picture, this is what's going on right now. Mainly because all the staff are asleep, i'm not sure where they come from but i'm pretty sure that there should be more staff from different timezones, these threads have been open for over an hour now.

user posted image

Icarus
  • Icarus

Orthonormal

• The Connection

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

No matter how many staff you have, something like this is going to happen from time-to-time.

It's kind of the principal downside of having non-paid staff.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

So what, is the situation in the V forum just gonna be left whilst the staff sleep?

Icarus
  • Icarus

Orthonormal

• The Connection

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 01:09)
So what, is the situation in the V forum just gonna be left whilst the staff sleep?

Yes.

Welcome to The Internet. Sometimes forums get spammed by idiots; you have to live with it. The staff will clean it up when they get on. They're not going to interrupt their real life activities just to clean up something on a forum for which they're not paid to do said clean up.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

I'm sorry I got distracted by real life or this mess would have been cleaned up sooner.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

Fair enough, thanks Girish

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Girish @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 07:25)
I'm sorry I got distracted by real life or this mess would have been cleaned up sooner.

Get your act together. We don't pay you nothing for nothing.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Duly noted, boss. Won't happen again.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Could use some staff in Expression area. Seems the two led-by's are abit inactive. Papanesta for quite some time and Narcis is away due to work and life issues.

Some of the topics are going against rules with nothing or noone there to stop it or monitor it I'm afraid.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:29)
Could use some staff in Expression area. Seems the two led-by's are abit inactive. Papanesta for quite some time and Narcis is away due to work and life issues.

Some of the topics are going against rules with nothing or noone there to stop it or monitor it I'm afraid.

Narcis is quite active but papanesta is only semi active in Gaming Chat. I suggest the staff call for more led-by's for the Movies and TV sub-forum too since paps does not go there
anymore. smile.gif

Also (even if the game is over a decade old) I feel that Arsen Vitiuk should be made a Forum Leader for the GTA III sub-forum and I'm sure many members would agree with me, I find it hard that staff could ignore his contributions to the sub-forum. confused.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Friday, May 24 2013, 09:23)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:29)

Narcis is quite active but papanesta is only semi active in Gaming Chat. I suggest the staff call for more led-by's for the Movies and TV sub-forum too since paps does not go there
anymore. smile.gif

Also (even if the game is over a decade old) I feel that Arsen Vitiuk should be made a Forum Leader for the GTA III sub-forum and I'm sure many members would agree with me, I find it hard that staff could ignore his contributions to the sub-forum. confused.gif

He may be active as a regular member in other forums but not as a led-by sadly. It needs someone and soon. Papanest has been inactive for quite some time, possibly replace him? Since Narcis is active just not in his section.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

meta187 seems to do most of the work in Gamign Chat (no offense Seddo tounge.gif) Maybe need an extra person there.

I also feel that GunWrath or Graven should become a led-by in the Expression/GFX section. They know that they're doing icon14.gif

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

There are plans to add additional staff to cover more time zones in the relatively near future when the new forum launches.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

Thank you Adriaan, I have some staff suggestions: smile.gif

Movies & TV: Indi, meta187.
GFX section: Narcis, Graven
GTA III: Arsen Vitiuk
Gen-Chat: GTA_stu tounge2.gif
GTA V: Magic_Al, Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian and the current staff.
Multiplayer sections: AndyGanteks

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

We've heard the new forums thing for awhile now. Any ETA?

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 14:47)
We've heard the new forums thing for awhile now. Any ETA?

Spring 2013. It'll be here before GTA V. Mods can you please give us a more clearer ETA? tounge.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

March-June is spring I believe.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Master Of Puppets

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 00:55)
There are plans to add additional staff to cover more time zones in the relatively near future when the new forum launches.

BTW, when is GTANet V2 launching?

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 25 May 2013 - 05:07 PM.

Nobody knows when it's coming or at least, nothing has been confirmed yet but I don't think that you can expect it anytime soon. GTANet V1.5 is coming before V2, probably before GTAV releases if everything goes according to the plan.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

In a few weeks months or so...

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

I'll take that as 'not gunna happen' wink.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

Maybe not until the next forum update confused.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:36 PM Edited by radioman, 04 June 2013 - 10:42 PM.

As has been mentioned previously, the staff are working the forums for free and they do have lives outside the forums, so they get to the reports and problems when they can get a free moment, and they do a great job at it too. Great job guys, your hardwork at running the forums is much appreciated. smile.gif

However, there are plenty of mods/led by's/Admins on here, the problem lies with the fact that there are not enough from the various time zones to cover the forums at all times. For example, I am in the Central Time Zone, where it is 5:27PM(which is in the afternoon-peak hours for the forums) and as seen here, there are no Mods/Admins/Led-by's(the only led by online at this time was one of the V ones) on line-this is a good time for spammers to spam the forums and violate the rules, as they see that no staff is online at the moment. So, a better idea is to get led-by's and mods appointed that cover each time zone(ie. cover the loopholes and loose ends) to help run things more effectively and take some of the work load off other Admins and mods, as it keeps the report levels down, since all time zones would be covered, it would mean that by the time an Admin got online most of the reports and problem posts would have been dealt with already. It is just like in real life how each County, city, and state have to make sure there are enough cops to successfully handle calls/traffic/etc. to make sure the area they cover is running smooth and is safe. Same situation here, right? Just my opinion and suggestions.. What do you guys think?

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Just because you don't see any blue or gold usernames in the online user list doesn't mean there aren't staff online. As for spotting area mods online, it's hard to do since we blend in, but there are usually quite a few online here and there.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Well.. another staff member has left the group... so I guess even more trolling sad.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yeah, just noticed Adriaan's retired. How come?

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 13:43)

That's not any of our business. It could simply be that he's too busy to come on here, or something more serious.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 15:43)

The V section finally got to him, so he went mad, strangled his wife, drowned his newborn infant in the tub, left the toilet seat up and then proceeded to hang himself. May he rest in peace.

How you doing down there buddy?

wink.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

Finally, a death worth looking for on youtube or some mass sharing site. I hope it was filmed.

AceKingston
  • AceKingston

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner.

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (blitz @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 07:41)
QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 15:43)

The V section finally got to him, so he went mad, strangled his wife, drowned his newborn infant in the tub, left the toilet seat up and then proceeded to hang himself. May he rest in peace.

How you doing down there buddy?

wink.gif

blitz does not like Adriaan very much. tounge.gif

If you guys are looking for a replacement go for one of the following:

Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian
Azazel
Magic_Al
deffpony

I wonder why he retired after getting the medals just joking yeah it's a shame he used to tidy up the place quite well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users