The Connection

1,435 replies to this topic
SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 00:25)
Tropico any good? Always been interested in that one but never brought myself to buying or renting it atleast.

I never had the full game but i had the demo and i believe it pretty fun. It has alot of ways to rule your country. It can be a demecracy and let your citizens vote. You can just do so much in it.

The only thing that i didnt like was that there were a bunch of glitches but it could have been that it was just the demo version.

If you are not sure if you want to buy it just go and download the demo, it has the sane features as the full game except for a few buildings, and i believe that you cant save your game.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

Dude, GunWrath, if you ever wanted to be a dictator then Tropico is the game for you! It's a game steeped in political caricature and I would highly recommend it.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

Hmm.. I think I'll try the demo out alittle first. I read up on it and wtched acouple vids since my post.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Let me know what you think. I know it may not be everyones cup of tea but I had a lot of fun with the previous Tropico.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

I liked it.. I think I'm going into town Sunday, I'll stop by Gamestop and pick up a copy. It's not your average 'Civilization' but it's definitely fun. I shall rule as evil as I can be.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

I loved the demo for 4. I pirated 3 once, but didn't really get it at the time. I thought about getting 4 on sale but I'm hesitant to spend too much money. Bought Max Payne 3 for PS3 yesterday.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

Damn, I want MP3 again so bad just to replay it. Which today I went and spent $1200 on a new refridgerator, so I'm a little tapped out for another week. I'll pick up Trop 4 when I get paid again.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

The Steam sale did put a nice dent in my wishlist. I bought:

>the entire Half-Life collection (HL+expansions, HL2+expansions, Team Fortress)
>Fallout: New Vegas UE
>Auditorium
>Sequence
>Sonic the Hedgehog 2
>Toejam and Earl: Panic on Funkotron
>The Last Remnant
>Hotline Miami

Decent haul, I think. Still some I still want, but I'll have to wait until the holiday sale, I guess.

@Wrath: I'm not liking MP3 as much as I had hoped. I forgot how linear the Max Payne gameplay is, or maybe I just didn't notice it before because I was wrapped up in the original's awesome atmosphere. I like the style of the game, but the game itself isn't as fun as I was expecting.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:36 AM Edited by GunWrath, 22 July 2013 - 05:38 AM.

Yeah, I would say MP3 is the weakest of the series but I enjoyed it. It's worth one or two plays.. esp after a gap that I've been through, the more I think of MP3, the more I want to play it.

Toejam and Earl: Panic on Funkotron

user posted image

mercie_blink.gif I f*cking adore that game. Used to play the hell out of it on SEGA, I still have it as well.. I need to hook that sucker up. It's been almost a year since I've played the SEGA.

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 05:36)
Yeah, I would say MP3 is the weakest of the series but I enjoyed it. It's worth one or two plays.. esp after a gap that I've been through, the more I think of MP3, the more I want to play it.

For the past 3days I've been thinking about replaying MP3. It really wasn't that bad of a game.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

Not, not at all. Should give it another go, White. Story is compelling enough to keep you attached. Like Sakuya though, I enjoyed the original Max Payne(s) better myself. But when MP3 first released, it was definitely worth the full retail price. I kick myself in the ass for giving it away.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (Mr White0161 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 00:43)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 05:36)

For the past 3days I've been thinking about replaying MP3. It really wasn't that bad of a game.

I never finished MP3. I rented it when I could and got probably about halfway through it before I had to take it back... I have been thinking of buying it, but I never got around to it. It just didn't leave an impression like "oh I have to have this!". It's alright, but it didn't grab me like the first game did. I thought some of the stages in the game were a little more difficult then they needed to be as well. I remember cruising through the first two Max Payne games, and I didn't feel that the first two were easy, the challenge of it felt good. MP3 on the other hand was just frustrating at some stages. I'm used to needing no more than maybe one or two shots at a level to see what I need to do and get through it. That level in the Soccer Arena and on the Yacht... I must have re-loaded those countless times before I pulled through them. After a point fun turns into pain in the ass.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (What!? @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 10:36)
That level in the Soccer Arena

That's where I am. I managed to get past the part where they leave you pretty much wide-open against 5 dudes when it only takes 5 shots to die, and your buddy with the sniper rifle doesn't seem to help at all. After that, it was starting to get really tedious.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Haha, yeah.. I remember the level where the roof collapses and then a brute soldier dude steps out above you and you have to take him out.. after I killed him I got stuck on the unit you're supposed to jump from like 5x .. I was like really?!

But yeah, I much rather play 1 or 2 .. but MP3 still had it's awesome moments. Which yday I bought BioShock Infinite for $20, I have about 45mins into it so far.. weird so far, I'm told that it gets better, I hope so. I feel like I'm playing in Candy Land though.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

I never got into MP3 or BioShock Infinite. MP1 and MP2 I played a lot when I was younger, I did a couple missions in MP3 and got rid of the game. Just didn't interest me at all.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Bioshock Infinite just didn't do it for me. I stopped playing about 3hrs in. icon13.gif

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

Anyone playing Payday 2?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

I'm on console, hasn't been released yet. It's been released on PC though yeah? Sucks my laptop can't handle it.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Lurch and I have been playing RDR and GTA4 on PS3, and it was a hell of a time. We was rolling in a Dukes doin' drifts and sh*t, Lurch hanging out the window poppin' f*ckers with no discretion. Then we got in helicopters and f*cked sh*t up like Full Metal Jacket. Then we headed west and killed every outlaw and bandit North and South of the Rio Grande. It was like when Pearl Harbor bombed the Germans. D-Day all over again. WOOO!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

My net is out of whack last few days.. so I can't stay online long (esp xbox) .. I get disconnected.

Not sure if it's my ISP having problems or perhaps time to replace my modem and router and run some new cables. What do y'all think?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

I'd call your ISP up and ask. I'm sort of in the same boat. BT cancelled my phone and broadband for no reason. I called them up and told me their system f*cked up but I wouldn't be able to get internet or phone service with them for 40 days until the system resets my account or whatever bullsh*t. So now I'm stuck on public BT wifi which is absolute bullsh*t. I was playing League of Legends last night and the internet kept cutting out so I quickly connected my computer to my phones wifi hotspot and HOLY sh*t NO LAG! times like that make me wonder if I need a landline and broadband at all.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

Yeah, I thikn I'll call tomorrow and if they aren't experiencing interruptions from their end I may just replace the modem and router anyways. I've had them now for afew years, probably time to do so I'm sure. I keep my wi-fi on my laptop.. but my phone still drops wifi like crazy and my xbox still can't connect until after 40 f*cking tries.. I'm getting pissed man.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

Got my internet back, can finally play some games.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

sweet.. mine is still tripping, didn't have time to go by Comcast and snag up a new Modem but I did swap my Xbox cable over to a different port on my router and it's working okay. Was finally able to whore up some Netflix again and download Crackdown.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

I'm balls-deep in Civilization 5 right now. That sh*t is like cocaine to me, makes me feel so powerful and I'm addicted.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Ah, love me some Civilization. Have you ever rolled around with Total War series? Nothing like civilization but f*cking amazing. My first ever Total War was TW: Shogun, amazing. Used to hit it up on multiplayer and get my ass kicked.. though I was young as hell then. I played Total War Rome for alittle bit prior to my PC sh*tting on me.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

I have Rome: Total War, but I've only played it a bit. I just wasn't catching on to it and wasn't having much fun. I'm sure I'll give it another shot some day.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

I hear ya, those games are usually a toss up. They can get boring if you become pretty well adjusted to how to play.. I just like the historic value of them.

Anyways, I've been on a Pabst Blue Ribbon tear lately. Forgot how great those beers can go down.. I still have like 3 Redd's in the fridge just haven't had that taste for them lately. Maybe I'll just chug 'em down for a hangover remedy if that happens tonight. But as for good news, I've finally put a 2 in 1 exhaust on my bike with a Rinehart muffler.. mmmmmm, I literally got goosebumps when I went about 200yds .. hoping to blow up some skirts soon. We're headed to Atlanta, then Alabama then on up to Chicago.

Had to do a thorough tune up, changed the oil, brake pads, also installed a sissy bar/rack on the bike for the haul. I'm ready to ride.. so come next weekend, I'll be gone for awhile so please excuse the time gone. icon14.gif

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

Sounds like a good time, man. Noticed the Outlaws MC logo in yer sig there, gearin up for Chicago, aye? tounge.gif Hope ya have a good one, like I said before Chicago is a fun town.

On the games side of things, I managed to get absorbed into Mass Effect again. Been playin the first one pretty religiously over the last week or so. Before that I was getting addicted to the create a wrestler in WWE '13. lol. I haven't played a wrestling game since the early 00's. That was around the last time I watched it as well. I have no idea what is going on in WWE Universe mode, but the Attitude Era they included in the game is pretty fun. I'd recommend it if any of you are looking for a decent bit of nostalgia. I'm surprised how lack luster the graphics are this late in the generation though. I can see why THQ went under...

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

Yeah man, we're headed out this weekend coming.. be gone for afew days. Going through Atlanta, then Alabama and on up to Chicago. Should be a fantastic ride.. I'm sure I'll look like bacon once I get back. Maybe some bugs will tattoo me on the way. Not sure how to handle that deep north though, never been surrounded by yankees in that sense but I'm sure it'll be like here .. just accents.

Haha @ WWE, I had fun with UFC games creating players. I love games that involve customizing and upgrades. But I haven't played a wrestling game since WCW/NWO Revenge on Nintendo 64 and WWF War Zone .. but my favorite wrestling game was back on Super NES man.. WWF Royal Rumble.. that sh*t was amazing. I was hardcore into Wrestling back then. Ric Flair, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Hogan, Sting... mmmm. Wrestling is a bit too Hollywood for me these days.

Here's some screens to get the nostalgia flowing:

WWF Royal Rumble (SNES)
user posted image

WWF War Zone (N64)
user posted image

WCW/NWO Revenge (64)
bro hug
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users