Social
3,623 replies to this topic
Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 09:41)
Played a little bit of Black Hawk Down too.

Ah I remember that game. What good memories.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

The only thing I hated was the sound of the explosions, sounded more like someone shooting a cap gun in an empty metal bin.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Yeah, I was huge into DF2 and BHD. I literally puts hours a day into those games. Sniper battles that lasted 20mins because you could see the shots coming from a mile away so all you had to do was step to the left or right to dodge. lol.gif But yeah, I agree, I think BF2 got some inspiration from DF games, alot of similarities between the two.

@Sweaty, no worries man. I ended up getting entirely drunk and couldn't even hold the controller too well so I passed out instead.

@What, I never did get into Quake, but it was a fun game when I had chances to play at my friends house. Used to skip school just to play sh*t. You could make custom levels in Q3? niceee.. Delta Force offered custom map making, one of the more fun things about the game. I've made a sh*t load of maps man, ranging from waterworlds for underwater scuba ninja sh*t, to massive attack and defend fortresses. If some of the old DF websites are around like DF-Barracks and stuff, might stilll have my maps on there.

I'll see about playing GTAIV, though I only have the TLAD/TBOGT disc, left the IV disc in the console (dumb move) when I had to trade it in for another.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

Haven't been able to get on the forums lately due to some IRL issues. I'm back now, though!

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 15:24)
I bought a 6pk of Redd's last night and a 6pk of Blue Moon. Mmmm, delish. Blue Moon is the beer that you can mix with a touch of orange juice, f*cking glorious.

I've always been a Blue Moon fan. One of my local hangouts started serving it on tap (for a decent price). Needless to say, I was in love and spent my friday night getting hammered on some quality brew. Blue Moon is also one of the only beers I've had that's still pretty tolerable as it warms up (a big plus if you like to sip your beers).

I'd like to try Redd's. I've seen a lot of commercials of it lately. I don't drink many ciders as much these days but I'm always game to try something new, especially if it's more beer-like than most.

@natedawg - hit me and Murdoch up if you want to play some GT5 sometimes. We're always pretty into that.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

I knew Redd's was made in Georgia (my state), so I went about thinking perhaps it was a microbrewery but come to find out it's just a beer made by MillerCoors here in GA at their facility. Which doesn't change anything for me. I tend to like microbrewery beer a little beer because they offer more for taste and seem to have more quality.

I definitely recommend Redd's still if you ever come across some. It's a great tasting ale, not to be confused with Cider but with 5% alcohol, after a few, the word Cider or Ale doesn't even matter. Enjoy!

Twang.
  • Twang.

memento mori, dead man's curve

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Blue Moon is my favorite beer. I think it's made up here in MN, or at least Wisconsin.

@Lurch: hell yeah. I notice you two on my 'other players' list, notably as the only ones listed. Haven't played in a few days with how busy I've been, but I'm ready to pick it right back up.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Yeah, Blue Moon is great. Great with a burger or nachos. I never buy Blue Moon though unless I'm at a sports bar or something. I used to drink Michelob Ultra Light's a lot too but I moved on back to Sam Adams and Shock Top.

We should do a NTWK Beer Fest.. exactly like the movie.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 15:55)
We should do a NTWK Beer Fest.. exactly like the movie.

I'm hopefully gonna be down in Alabama in November this year, we should meet up at Lurch's place in Tennessee.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

TN is a good spot. I got some kinfolk up that way. Just afew hours ride from here.

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Member 2014

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Man bums me out I won't be able to play GTAV until I finish travelling, which will probably be sometime mid-next year. New trailer is dope.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

Ouch, that sucks. You travelling for work or just enjoying life? You'll also miss out on a couple other good games. Payday 2, AC: Black Flag to name a couple.

Enjoy the travelling and stay safe man.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

I want to play Battlefield 3 and all of it's DLC (on PS3), but I want to do it without giving EA any money. Any suggestions?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 07:58)
Ouch, that sucks. You travelling for work or just enjoying life? You'll also miss out on a couple other good games. Payday 2, AC: Black Flag to name a couple.

Enjoy the travelling and stay safe man.

Payday 2 sounds really familiar. I seem to remember preordering it on Steam. Is it the bank heist game?

btw how many of us here in NTWK play League of Legends? I know Prominent Fate and Tetsuo does. We should form a ranked team.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, Outcast, the heist game. Believe it's coming out August 20th for consoles and PC. Looks to be a great game for co-op, so I'm def picking it up.

@Sakuya, erm.. I'm not sure how on that one. It is EA after all, there may be no way around it. Which BF3 with all DLC is fairly cheap now. I would say it's worth popping atleast $20 buck on.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 03:28)
Yeah, Outcast, the heist game. Believe it's coming out August 20th for consoles and PC. Looks to be a great game for co-op, so I'm def picking it up.

BOOM! I preordered the Career Criminal edition on Steam. Will you be on PC or Consoles? This is, like, the perfect game for us.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

Consoles for now.. my PC crashed on me awhile back and I ordered the parts and they're still sitting in the box, just haven't gotten around to rebuilding. If I come back to PC gaming, I'll def pick it up from Steam as well.

Janky
  • Janky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

You can always send the parts to me, I'll take care of them for you GunWrath.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States
  • Best Member Named after a Stone Cold Steve Austin Catchphrase

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:23 AM Edited by What!?, 12 July 2013 - 04:27 AM.

So I have been playing the sh*t out of GTA IV where yous guys been at?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

I've been playing Ballad the last 'couple nights man. TLaD and TBoGT is the only ones I have.. if you're down for that?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

is this Xbox? I have TBoGT and TLaD on Xbox. I'll be back in London next week so I'll be able to get on then.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Yeah, sexbox indeed. Maybe us 3 can tear sh*t up next week then.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

Even though I have no business spending money at the minute, I caved and grabbed New Vegas ultimate edition for $5 on Steam today. Then I played an assload of Metro 2033 before I went and had steaks with the family. I gotta say it was a good day.

Oh, then I have a job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck. icon14.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

Good luck man.. Ill toast to that.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by Sakuya, 17 July 2013 - 02:03 AM.

The interview went well, but I have to wait until the end of the week to know if they want me back for round 2. It seems like a good job with good pay, so I'll probably have some stiff competition. Since I have relatively little background in that type of job (I've worked at other warehouse stores, but not as a stocker) it is pretty much luck from here, hoping that everyone else who applies is somehow less qualified/appealing than I am.

That's a bit off-topic though. I'm balls-deep in Skyrim now, upped the difficulty to Legendary and it made the game fun again. Even on Master (the previous highest difficulty) I got to a point where I was simply clicking bad guys to death. Of course, I can already sense it getting easier for me, but I'm still f*cked against 2 or more enemies at once or elite types. One Bandit Chief had me fighting and dying for probably 45 minutes and I only managed to win since my follower took most of the blows and eventually sacrificed himself for our victory. The f*cker could one-hit me no problem, damn.

Wish there was some sort of MP version of Skyrim, even if it was just a system link (split screen would be awful). Elder Scrolls Online looks iffy, but I think I'll give it a go if I can.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

Hope you get called back man, was it a distribution warehouse type job? Those are normally good places to work. I had a pal during service who went to work for Home Depot Distribution center after service, he made like $19/hr starting out, I know he still works there and with his work ethic, I'm sure he's piling in more by now atleast I hope so. Not to mention the benefits. Either way, good luck still man.. I made a sell day before yesterday that set me up financially for acouple months, So I'm stress-free and enjoying some relaxation for now.

I played Skyrim for a total of about 6hrs before giving up on it. I wasn't into it at all.. I think Oblivion was better, atleast in my opinion but I'm skeptical about Elder Scrolls Online, if it gets decent reviews and my personal pals tend to like it, I may jump into it as well. Right now, I'm trying to play GTA IV for acouple hours atleast.. before I get f*cking frozen by some mod prick.. never fails. Hurry up V!

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

It's Costco, you know. Basically a warehouse with cash registers at the front. I've also worked at Sam's Club but I was one of the free samples guys. They need someone to stock the food on the shelves.

Lurch and I played GT5 last night. We did one legit race (that I somehow won) then f*cked around for a few hours. Good times. Dude tried to teach me how to drift.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Ahh, we don't have a Costco here, so it's not popular amongst us. After watching The Watch though, I'd love to have one.. that place looks awesome.

About GT, I haven't played that one since GT2
user posted image

Lmao.. which I converted over to Xbox not long after they released the PS2

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 12:05)
I caved and grabbed New Vegas ultimate edition for $5 on Steam today.

This Steam summer sale is the balls!

I'm pretty much buying sh*t everyday, I've already gotten:

- Skyrim
- GTA: EFLC
- The Political Machine 2012 (sh*t was less than 1)
- The Secret World
- Sins of a Solar Empire
- StarDrive
- Strike Suit Infinity
- Tropico 4
- Wargame: Airland Battle
- Wargame: European Escalation

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

Tropico any good? Always been interested in that one but never brought myself to buying or renting it atleast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users