The Connection

2,209 replies to this topic
Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

Welcome, GunWrath. icon14.gif Shoot me a PM with your info for the roster when you get the chance.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

What's poppin' fam?

See what I did there? I used that fly hip speak to comunicacate wit yall. I'm droppin' dat culture. Word. Just aced my English final, ya heard? Detroit. Reese's Peaces.

At least I hope I passed it. I feel pretty good about it. In an unrelated matter there was a carnival in my home town over the weekend. I decided to check it out and I ran into half of my graduating class. I got super drunk as a result. I may have mistaken the front yard for the toilet which my wife thought was HILARIOUS... if we hadn't been at her mother's house. Kinda embarrassing but she was the only once who saw it go down. Ah, that was a great morning. Anyway I apparently have a class reunion at the end of the month. 10 years. What the sh*t...

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

Sent, Sakuya and Thanks.

@What, wait.. you used the mother in law's yard as a toilet? f*cking metal.. did the mom watch? I haven't got hammered like that in awhile. We have our annual state fair coming to town soon, so maybe there. I might puke on the Gravitron for all the kids to deal with. Which yesterday we partied pretty hard though I called it quits fairly early and ended up getting some trim instead and crashed out. Though I was introduced to the new Redd's Apple Ale or some sh*t, that was some good tasting brew right there, I recommend it if any of you enjoy beer or just an avid beer taster.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Redds, huh? Hard to get smaller southern breweries up here. Will keep an eye open for it.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

lol... no the mom didn't watch. Just the wife. Like I said not one of my proudest moments, but I apparently handled it like a boss. My wife said she was all "what the hell are you doing?" to which I replied "like I give a f*ck!" She has lightened up about it since it happened. Kinda funny in retrospect. Not nearly the worst thing I don't remember doing though. moto_whistle.gif

Anyway, I do happen to be an avid beer connoisseur... I'm pretty hooked on the Shiner brews at the moment. Especially the Bohemian Black. I'll keep an eye out for Redd's though.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

Otter and Wrath, I hope you dudes like the titles I made up for you.

Anyway, I just got back from my vacation. Went to Adventureland in Iowa, had the daughter out, we all had a good time. I got blisters on my toes thanks to the sandals I wore. confused.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

Awesome, hope the daughter enjoyed it icon14.gif My feet have developed calluses over the years from boots and flip flops, so I'm unscathed from any terrain or texture. I have gator feet. But yeah, that title seems too legit to quit.. thank you kindly!

Didn't they make a movie about Adventureland or something? I totally didn't know that was a legit place.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 20:08)
Awesome, hope the daughter enjoyed it icon14.gif My feet have developed calluses over the years from boots and flip flops, so I'm unscathed from any terrain or texture. I have gator feet. But yeah, that title seems too legit to quit.. thank you kindly!

Didn't they make a movie about Adventureland or something? I totally didn't know that was a legit place.

They did make a movie about it, starring that dude who looks like Michael Cera and Twilight girl. I guess it's a franchise, since that one is set in Pittsburgh, and I was in Iowa. It's a bit of a family tradition, every summer my parents take all their grandkids there (and my oldest sister lives in the area, so it's all that much easier).

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

@Otter.. Yeah, I tend to like some smaller brewery beers. They have a distinct taste compared to the massively produced beers. I think smaller beer companies are becoming very popular and I remember watching a show not long ago about how larger companies like Molson, Budweiser, etc are beginning to get alittle worried. So I'm sure you'll have some of the beers head your way, Otter.

I bought a 6pk of Redd's last night and a 6pk of Blue Moon. Mmmm, delish. Blue Moon is the beer that you can mix with a touch of orange juice, f*cking glorious.

@What, I hear ya man.. next time make it something the mom will never forget. Possibly nude lawn ornamenting or something? and Yes, Bohemian Black is quite good, I've had that afew times.

@Sakuya
, ahh, yep, I remember the movie now. The one I never watched. Jesse Eisenberger or something is that kat's name. Could of been interesting but it's just another romance film I believe, so not my thing. Not sure the nearest Adventureland unless those are the only 2? We have Wild Adventures close to us, well, closest.. it's in Valdosta. Then we have Family Kingdom in Myrtle Beach.

Seems like we have to travel a good distance just to enjoy anything as a family. Which there's afew things here in town worth doing but it's something we've done 100x already and just gets boring to the adults but the kids always enjoy it.. so of course, it's repeat. Best of all, I live about 20mins from the beach, so I'm good.

Bikini's, beer, sun.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:38 AM

For the first time in my life I am looking at aftermarket parts so I can pimp my ride. I am hella confused.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

I saw Redd's advertised at a local liquor store, I'll have to check it out. I've been enjoying Leinenkugel's summer seasonals lately. Blue Moon is my favorite, though. Grain Belt Nordeast is a close second, and I also enjoy Shock Top.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Mmm, shock top! That's the one I meant about the orange juice. I haven't bought a pack of those in months. Nice heads up, I'll pick up some tomorrow for the fam cookout. Yeah, snag you some of the Redd's, good stuff.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

What is this Redds we are talking about?

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

"an apple cider brewed like an ale" and it's delicious.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

Indeed it is. I'll be buying more of it come July 4th along with some other beer and liquor.

I think between myself and family, we'll be spending upwards of $500-800 in fireworks this year, since the kids are a bit older now and able to enjoy it. So it should be a blast, hopefully I return the next day with all my fingers and toes.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

$500.00 to $800.00 in fireworks?

Jesus man, you're gonna blow up your back yard! You're one of those dudes that light off that sh*t all week long aren't you?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Haha, sometimes. But us southern folk go big when it's family get togethers.. We plan on doing them all in one night, atleast the big stuff. We have some smaller fireworks already that I think I may pop off tomorrow night. I bought some Redd's and bottle of Jack Daniels earlier on the way home, so I'll be ready.

What are y'all's plan for the 4th?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 02:49)
What are y'all's plan for the 4th?

I will be mourning the loss of our colonies.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:01 PM Edited by GunWrath, 03 July 2013 - 12:45 PM.

Tonight we'll be building platforms for the fireworks I would imagine. Hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow.. been raining here for weeks straight. Any of you down for some gaming soon? BF3 or something. I left my GTA IV disc in my other xbox console when I traded it in bc it RROD me.. so I only have TLaD and TBoGT disc now. Which those aren't that fun with the amount of 10yr olds playing mp now.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

I just bought Skyrim Legendary Edition and a Rockstar Collection. It has RDR, LA Noire, Midnight Club Los Angeles, and EFLC in it, for $40. Hell of a deal.

Leo Gervasi
  • Leo Gervasi

Good bye.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Hey, I don't mean to sound ignorant, but what does the Network do exactly? Community gaming of some sort?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 17:21)
I just bought Skyrim Legendary Edition and a Rockstar Collection. It has RDR, LA Noire, Midnight Club Los Angeles, and EFLC in it, for $40. Hell of a deal.

Nice, I saw that one in Toys R Us electronics section awhile back when I took my son.. only reason I didn't buy it because I already owned all of them except Midnight Club. But yeah, that's a hell of a deal. So you shall play RDR this weekend? It's triple XP. I figured acouple of us should get together and roam the western world with drunken force (If Xbox applicable).

@Gervasi, it depends on exactly what you mean by what do we do. If I was to release that information, chances are I'd be killed. For now, you'll have to wait in a moment of silence for previous fallen comrades.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 03:29)
QUOTE (Sakuya @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 17:21)

Nice, I saw that one in Toys R Us electronics section awhile back when I took my son.. only reason I didn't buy it because I already owned all of them except Midnight Club. But yeah, that's a hell of a deal. So you shall play RDR this weekend? It's triple XP. I figured acouple of us should get together and roam the western world with drunken force (If Xbox applicable).

Funny thing, I was only looking for Midnight Club, but I saw this for the same price as a stand-alone copy and couldn't resist. IMO, Red Dead Redemption is one of the greatest games ever made, the EFLC expansions are top-notch games and a steal at $5 each, and LA Noire is just icing on the cake (pretty good, but I'd have no intention of buying it again were it not in this pack, and I think my GF would like it if she tried it). I think I saw Max Payne 3 bundled with GTA4, too, but at that point I was already spending $106. btw, I got these for PS3, so no go on the 360 bangin' confused.gif . That would be rad as f*ck, though.

@Mr. Gervasi: Are you willing to risk erasure to find out?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Right, right.. but they have MP3 bundled with GTAIV now? Hmm.. I'll keep an eye out for that one. I never should of gave away my Max Payne 3 copy. I miss it dearly..

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Well I have been having some fun with GTAIV recently. I started a LAN game with a couple PC's at a friend's house last night. Had a blast racing/deathmatching. Should probably do it again sometime soon. wink.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Nice, it's always fun playing with your pals man. I used to LAN up back in Unreal Tournament days, YEARS ago. Some of the best gaming I've ever done. I still haven't topped that multiplayer experience. I rank it up there with my Delta Force 2 days. Any of you ever played that back in the day? Back when Novalogic reigned supreme.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Loving the artwork on the front page, are those created from scratch by you lot or are they from something already?

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 16:18)
Nice, it's always fun playing with your pals man. I used to LAN up back in Unreal Tournament days, YEARS ago. Some of the best gaming I've ever done. I still haven't topped that multiplayer experience. I rank it up there with my Delta Force 2 days. Any of you ever played that back in the day? Back when Novalogic reigned supreme.

Never played Delta Force... I was a Quake III Arena fiend back in the day. I even made a Doom II level for death matching. I wanted to make more levels, but it was just so damn time consuming. I never got around to really mastering it. But anyway, you're right. Nothing beats LAN play. Get three or four people together and its a freakin riot.

Just on a side note I'd be down for some GTAIV MP sometime tomorrow.

Loving the artwork on the front page, are those created from scratch by you lot or are they from something already?

I'm pretty sure we stole the NTWK font from the new Watchdogs game, the rest of the graphics are made up by our members. Happy Turtle frequently sees more then he bargained for.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 21:18)

I still play Delta Force Xtreme 2 and Delta Force Black hawk down. They are brilliant games and the multiplayer is still really. fun

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 22:18)

I used to play UT and Delta Force 2 icon14.gif . Played a little bit of Black Hawk Down too. I loved those keyboard overlays you got. I got alot of use out of those with the best tank game they made (Armoured Fist 3). Novalogic were beast. I think DICE got alot of there inspiration from them for Battlefield.

I just looked on steam and all the Novalogic games are really expensive considering their age. I remember buying Black Hawk Down for about a fiver about a year after it came out. Lame. Hopefully they'll be reduced in the summer sale. I might pick one up again.

Sorry for not sending you an invite to RDR btw. Send me a friend request and I'll send you one next time we play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users