The Connection

1,436 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

That's actually an OD green paint I chose to use. I was in the Marine Corps so I figured the theme would fit well with me. I originally was going to use an old ammo box for the oil tank but to get that f*cker on the road I went ahead and used an old stainless pipe scrap I had laying around and mocked it up. But yeah, I feel you on the money for a house. Luckily I bought one during service while I was married and most of the money I had logged up when I returned from deployments was spent on making it how I wanted and to keep that chick happy and able to start up the bike shop with left over funds.

The tire actually didn't do bad for handling.. It was a stable ride except for it being a rigid.. a bit on the bumpy side. The bike is mainly a city bike, nothing for long rides. But I got 3 others bikes for that. Yeah, I def circled parts like that too man.. hourssss. Those were like my playboys for awhile. Should def get to building one man, it can take a while, but it's fun as hell.. use your own creativity, make it unique.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 11:07)
That's actually an OD green paint I chose to use. I was in the Marine Corps so I figured the theme would fit well with me. I originally was going to use an old ammo box for the oil tank but to get that f*cker on the road I went ahead and used an old stainless pipe scrap I had laying around and mocked it up. But yeah, I feel you on the money for a house. Luckily I bought one during service while I was married and most of the money I had logged up when I returned from deployments was spent on making it how I wanted and to keep that chick happy and able to start up the bike shop with left over funds.

The tire actually didn't do bad for handling.. It was a stable ride except for it being a rigid.. a bit on the bumpy side. The bike is mainly a city bike, nothing for long rides. But I got 3 others bikes for that. Yeah, I def circled parts like that too man.. hourssss. Those were like my playboys for awhile. Should def get to building one man, it can take a while, but it's fun as hell.. use your own creativity, make it unique.

Hah, no kiddin? Hopefully you were one of the cool Marines that didn't randomly break sh*t so you could watch Repair Division fix it lol.

Anyway, the ammo box would have definitely been different. Looks cool with the round oil tank though. I like the primary cover on that Iron Head too. I know its stock, but its got a cool look to it. Yeah, like I say I'll get to mine. I'm kind of between wanting the bike build and doing a Factory Five Speed '33 build.

You can make a pretty sick '33 out of their kit.
user posted image

I was staying ambitious and going to go for something close to this on the bike...
user posted image

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Ahh, rods.. I enjoy those too but I never been around those too much, always bikes, grew up around 'em. So you want the cafe style bobber? Those are pretty badass, I've seen a good bit of 'em usually when I roll to Daytona or around Tampa. You're probably a Roland Sands fan I would imagine.. he makes a lot of bikes like that.. he mixes bobbers with crotch rockets a lot too. I'm not a fan of his work really but I admire his talent and dedication to the trade.

That's a tough choice though man, you can have the sweet bike and the chick wink.gif or a gas guzzling badass rod.. at this point, I have enough bikes, I'd prolly go for the rod. Either way, it's pretty f*cking metal.

Here's my everyday ride but I have it in shop now. I'm putting a new front end on it with a fairing with the radio and all that jazz. So right now it looks like a birds nest up front with all the wiring and sh*t exposed. I'll post a pic when I'm done if you're interested. It's an '05 Road King.. bought it from NC while in service .. it was a police bike but luckily it only had 1200 mi on it. I had to remove all the wiring and sh*t for the sirens and all, it was a major cluster f*ck but a steal for $12,500

user posted image

Older pic, before I removed the ape hangers.
user posted image

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Nice. Yeah its easy to get crazy expensive on the Road Kings. Anything in the soft-tail line, really. I was looking at a new Dyna Glide back when I was living in San Diego. Dealership wanted 13k for that.
Anyway, yeah sure post up a pic of your Road King when you get it done.

I am a Roland Sands fan. More into Jesse James, and Billy Lane styled bikes. But Roland has an awesome eye for details and design. It is a tough decision, maybe I'll get greedy and build both. Have to see what my post college life is like. I don't think I'll get that lucky, but we'll see.

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

Goddamn I just want to inject PS4 into my veins. I'm selling my xbox today as I need le cash, so I'll be PC only.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:45 AM Edited by Sakuya, 14 June 2013 - 02:51 AM.

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 13:06)
All is well and as promised to Sakuya, I should have Black Ops II on the XBOX 360 soon (so I can kick his ass!).

Looking forward to it. Let me know when you get it, so I can run up and get it back from my brother. I let him hold on to it because he always has my cousin and friends over playing it and I rarely play it otherwise. I did borrow Battlefield 3 from him, though. I played a bit of the campaign a while back, but never tried MP. Last I checked it required some f*ckin' online pass you had to pay for, which is utter bullsh*t, but I'm gonna try it if it doesn't.

I'm also thinking I might finally start up MGS: Peace Walker later tonight to get even more hyped for Phantom Pain. If I can fit it in my budget, I'll possibly also be buying Gran Turismo 5 tomorrow. Had a sudden interest in cars/racing lately. I saw Fast and Furious 6 and have been watching a bit of Initial D on Netflix. Also in the market for a new (to me) car. Interested in getting a manual, since I've always driven an auto ('96 Crown Victoria, I've owned it for 7 years now, was my first car) and manuals just look like they're so much more fun to drive, and more satisfying. Nothing fancy though, probably an economy car, less than a grand since my job outlook is uncertain past November and I don't want to have to get a big loan. I know, I probably won't get much of a car for that money, but two mediocre cars is better than none if my White Stallion decides to take an early retirement (it's at 195k miles).

It's funny how no one online actually looks like how you imagine them. I bet the contrast between my reality and my e-face is stark. With the Japanesey name and however you all perceive my attitude, it might surprise you that I look like a 40-year old meth cook. Speaking of haircuts, that buzz I have going on there is a new thing for me. Grew my hair long for most of my life, then up and decided to buzz it all off last month. The woman took more off than I wanted, but I grew to like it (and it grew to where I like it even more). It feels natural now, but for the first few days it surprised me every time I looked in the mirror. I looked like my dad. Worse, when it grew a bit, I started to look like my brother.

@Loch: You want me to make some changes on your roster entry? I'm also leaning more towards PC games lately. I finally fired up Metro 2033 last weekend. I had it started up to the first part with all the demons and sh*t, but I have a laptop and I suck with mouse+keys. I grabbed my wired 360 controller, plugged it in, and was pleasantly surprised to see it works flawlessly with the game. I played for about 2 hours, and I'm at the Lost Catacombs now.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Hell, if you look like a 40yr old meth cook, you might get all the poontang around these parts. I live in one of the meth capitals! It's basically like a scene from Deadrising where parts get rough. I'm the healthy protagonist trying to run from all the scrawny, no teethed meth addicts.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 21:45)
Also in the market for a new (to me) car. Interested in getting a manual, since I've always driven an auto ('96 Crown Victoria, I've owned it for 7 years now, was my first car) and manuals just look like they're so much more fun to drive, and more satisfying. Nothing fancy though, probably an economy car, less than a grand since my job outlook is uncertain past November and I don't want to have to get a big loan. I know, I probably won't get much of a car for that money, but two mediocre cars is better than none if my White Stallion decides to take an early retirement (it's at 195k miles).

Auto vs Manual to me depends on where you live. If you are in the country, or in an area where you can get to some uncrowded roads, then yes... a manual transmission can be a lot of fun. If you are in a city where traffic sucks, or you constantly have to use an expressway that gets backed up every year due to construction, then a manual sucks.

It's got a bit of a learning curve to it. Especially if you are in an area with a lot of hills. If you are stopped at a light while on a slope, keeping it from rolling backwards while managing to not stall it can be tricky depending on what kind of motor the thing has in it and how familiar you are with working a clutch. I had to learn to drive stick for a job I had a couple years back. Took me about a week before I was really comfortable with it.

I'm also leaning more towards PC games lately. I finally fired up Metro 2033 last weekend. I had it started up to the first part with all the demons and sh*t, but I have a laptop and I suck with mouse+keys. I grabbed my wired 360 controller, plugged it in, and was pleasantly surprised to see it works flawlessly with the game. I played for about 2 hours, and I'm at the Lost Catacombs now.

I'm ready to just swear off this next generation. I'm going to end up getting a PS4 eventually though. If I don't I'll be waiting an extra year for every GTA game. f*ck that. Totally going to build a media center PC. XBMC + STEAM Big Picture. Done deal.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 01:24)
Hell, if you look like a 40yr old meth cook, you might get all the poontang around these parts. I live in one of the meth capitals! It's basically like a scene from Deadrising where parts get rough. I'm the healthy protagonist trying to run from all the scrawny, no teethed meth addicts.

The biggest city I live close to, ~30 miles away, is the "meth capital of Minnesota." I don't do it myself, but recently it's come to my attention that damn near everyone I've ever known has.

@What!?: as I implied in the above paragraph, I live in a small town and need to drive a lot to get places. I know about all that, and I live far away from any sort of metro so I think I'm good. I also know hills can be a bitch. My dad tried to teach me how to drive stick in an F350 a few years ago and I ran in to that problem, with a hill in my old neighborhood. :|

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Alright man, I was just tryin' to be helpful. Good luck with the purchase.

You said F350... I had to stop and think. I'm sure you have to be talking about a Ford Pickup but for some reason I had an image of a Ferrari F355 in my head. I was thinkin' "Damn, must be nice." biggrin.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yeah, it's bad here. I live in Effingham County, we were on National news not long ago about the meth around here. If it gets worse I'll have to pack up and gtfo of dodge. Don't need my son around it. Especially when he hits his teen years and probably hangs out with the local idiots like I did.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Anybody try the Route 66 Map add on for IV yet? I have to say its pretty amazing. It wraps around over half of the city.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=557216

It's a resource hog though. Good luck if you have ENB and custom vehicles. I'm working on stripping it down a bit for that purpose. It's worth just having the road and forgetting the eye candy. Finally gives a fun spot to open up some of those super cars that have been up for download.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

I haven't really been able to do much for modding, unfortunately. Mostly because I don't have very many games worth modding.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

Does anyone know how to play Dota 2? I just started playing a few days ago and I am sucking major balls at it. I also got Kerbal Space Program on Steam as it was on sale and it is so much fun! It helps if you're into space and aviation and stuff though.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

@What, just started painting the fairing and fenders and got the wiring done .. so I mocked everything up yday and the radio and all works perfectly on the bike. So hopefully by tomorrow, I should have this bad boy put back together. I'll post pics soon.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 09:26)
@What, just started painting the fairing and fenders and got the wiring done .. so I mocked everything up yday and the radio and all works perfectly on the bike. So hopefully by tomorrow, I should have this bad boy put back together. I'll post pics soon.

Cool man, sounds good.

Does anyone know how to play Dota 2? I just started playing a few days ago and I am sucking major balls at it. I also got Kerbal Space Program on Steam as it was on sale and it is so much fun! It helps if you're into space and aviation and stuff though.

Sorry man, I haven't played a lot of strategy games. I have had C&C Red Alert 3 for a few years and I've never played it...

mark-2007
  • mark-2007

Big Homie

• The Connection

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

My laptop's knackered so I haven't been able to get on here as much as I'd like. Sux.

In better news, my cat had kittens! And I got a keyboard!

I'm tempted to get a new game for my PS3. Gonna wait for The Last of Us to come down in price a bit, but in the meantime I might get Skyrim, since they've just released the vanilla+DLC bundle. Never played an Elder Scrolls game before, but I can't wait to storm about unleashing my inner (or not-so inner) nerd.

I was addicted to Medieval II: Total War before my laptop broke, since I love all things history. Anyone know of any good, similar (but Inot necessarily history-based) strategy games for PS3?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (mark-2007 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 13:24)
I was addicted to Medieval II: Total War before my laptop broke, since I love all things history. Anyone know of any good, similar (but Inot necessarily history-based) strategy games for PS3?

We need to get more MOBA players up in this bitch. I'm getting lonely playing Dota 2 and LoL by myself. cryani.gif

Have you played Crusader Kings 2? It is one motherf*cking complicated game but rewarding once you get the hang of it. I love the Total War series, Empire Total War is my favourite out of all of them though. If you want to move away from the TW series, you should check out Imperial Glory (quite an old game but I enjoy as I really like that period of history).

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 02:09)
QUOTE (mark-2007 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 13:24)

We need to get more MOBA players up in this bitch. I'm getting lonely playing Dota 2 and LoL by myself. cryani.gif

Have you played Crusader Kings 2? It is one motherf*cking complicated game but rewarding once you get the hang of it. I love the Total War series, Empire Total War is my favourite out of all of them though. If you want to move away from the TW series, you should check out Imperial Glory (quite an old game but I enjoy as I really like that period of history).

I play LoL colgate.gif

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:12 AM Edited by Outcast, 21 June 2013 - 08:15 AM.

NA? add me: smokingreen420

btw have you heard of Infinite Crisis? It's a new MOBA style game with DC heroes. It looks pretty fuggin' awesome.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

I like Gran Turismo 5 more than I ever thought I would. I have 3 souped-to-the-max cars that dominate pretty much any race up through the Professional series. I got a '71 Mustang Mach 1 (my behemoth), a '99 Nissan S15 (most recent love), and an '81 Toyota Celica (my first, will always have a place in my garage).

...uh, also I suddenly have more free time on my hands. Let's get some MP gaeman going on up in this bitch! Though I will be on a family vacation until Tuesday night...

@Outcast: were you the one who mentioned Dust 514 in the Backroom? I got it because it's F2P on PS3, but the controls are weird as f*ck. The aim/shoot buttons are the bumpers rather than the triggers, which I could deal with if not for the wonky left stick that is used both for moving and turning...leaving the right stick to only be used for looking up and down. Just a weird configuration, there's no balance. I'll have to look around harder and maybe you can customize that sh*t, because the game looks fun as hell.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yeah I was the one who brought up Dust 514. I've only played it a couple times and I also think the controls feel a bit wonky. I am really digging the Dust 514/EVE Online concept though as I used to play EVE Online quite a lot and still have several billion ISK I can pour into a Dust 514 corporation (once they sort out the cross-game economies).

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:11 PM Edited by GunWrath, 21 June 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Job complete minus a polish and lawn being cut (raining for about 2wks)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I'm putting some hard bags back on too, probably when we get back from East Atlanta. Using those hard-leather ones temporarily

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

That came out clean, you do good work. That's a good looking faring too, and I like 'em with the cut down windshield like that. The bag in the dash is cool too. Right on, man. icon14.gif

...By the way guys feel free to welcome GunWrath to The Network! Glad to have ya on board!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:55 AM Edited by GunWrath, 22 June 2013 - 03:58 AM.

Right on.. thanks. You should of seen the birds nest of wires though man.. electrical alone took me probably 4+hrs but I'm satisfied and it rode f*cking great man. Finally able to ride hard and headbang like hell down the road. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

So I just heated up some pizza, got tired of the cold on the teeth, put on Iron Man 2 and noticed that the 3rd time watching this.. Mickey Rourke did a bang up job as the villian I must say.. but on the bad side, I have no beer.

mark-2007
  • mark-2007

Big Homie

• The Connection

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:09 AM Edited by mark-2007, 22 June 2013 - 04:12 AM.

Bienvenue, motherf*cker.

I'm yet to watch Iron Man 2 (or 3). I recently rewatched the first film a month back and was surprised how much I enjoyed it, since I can't recall being too struck on it at first.

And cheers Outcast, I'll have a look for Crusader Kings, sounds right up my alley. And there's nothing wrong with an old game, there's a handful of games that I can go back to time and again (Tomb Raider I, NBA 2k11, M2:TW, and the GTAs of course). What's this LoL and DotA that you speak of? Are they any good offline? I can't often get a connection depending where I'm staying.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

mono a mono

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 22:55)
Right on.. thanks. You should of seen the birds nest of wires though man.. electrical alone took me probably 4+hrs but I'm satisfied and it rode f*cking great man. Finally able to ride hard and headbang like hell down the road. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

So I just heated up some pizza, got tired of the cold on the teeth, put on Iron Man 2 and noticed that the 3rd time watching this.. Mickey Rourke did a bang up job as the villian I must say.. but on the bad side, I have no beer.

I'm doin' the pizza thing tonight too. I spent a few hours of the day ripping up an old patio that the previous owners of this place left in the back yard. Really sh*t job on the construction. The wood was never treated so it was getting eaten by bugs, then to top it off they poured a thin slab of stamped concrete over a dirt pad that (as far as I can tell) was never compacted. The pad shifted under the weight and the concrete buckled and heaved. Looks like the whole thing was the casualty of an earthquake. Anyway, none of the bolts that held the thing together wanted to spin. I could get a few here and there, but not enough to cleanly disassemble it. Since I'm not saving the wood I went and got my crowbar and a sledge and went to work. I got three sides of it tore out and I am debating how to attack the last corner. There are a couple of planters filled with rocks right there. I want to keep those so I am thinking about just hitting the last two posts with a sawzall.

Anyway, when I got done I called up the pizza joint and had me a couple of beers... just sort of admired my mess before the wife came home. lol. I'll finish it up tomorrow.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

Sounds rough man.. but yeah, I'd go for the sawzall too, most people build nice decks and patios and normally never treat. All that work for nothing really in their case. Did the wife sit in awe at your destruction too? lol. Are you going to rebuild the patio?

Don't say beer sad.gif I won't have any until tomorrow evening. We're riding to ATL in the morning and the partying don't begin until later that evening.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Welcome to The Network, GunWrath!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Thank you, thank you.

I would of thought there to be some strippers running around, maybe a few bar fights, some illegal drag racing, some asshat in the back yelling GO SAMCRO! or something but this will do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users