Social
3,845 replies to this topic
Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
  • Satisfactory Participant 2016

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

I want VC remastered instead of V "remastered".

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

I think what you actually want is GTA VI. 

It's so painfully obvious that Vice has to be next. I mean. Look at the evidence:

V

VI

VIce

Vice City. 

THIS IS FACT. 

Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

Careful Fuzz, the youtubers might leak your information.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

But... that's where I got my information! 

The room, she is spinning. HALP.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

I would like info. on alientwo and his semi 'tarded brother alienone

Ask away, brosef.

Twang.
  • Twang.

F U L L Y A U T O M A T E D

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

I would like info. on alientwo and his semi 'tarded brother alienone

Ask away, brosef.
What's the weather like on Zebulon 5?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

THREE DAY WEEKEND IN THE UK. 

This occasion will be marked with the traditional THREE DAYS SITTING ON THE SOFA IN NOTHING BUT MANKY UNDERWEAR AND PLAYING VIDEO GAMES UNTIL MY EYES CANNOT FUNCTION CORRECTLY event. 

I trust my fellow Englishmen (and the other weirdos that make up the British Isles) will be joining me in this momentous occasion. 

• Titania likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

Wouldn't know.  I'm from  Zebulon 6.

We all look alike to you, don't we? Specist.

• El Diablo and Moonlight Traffic like this

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

Wouldn't know.  I'm from  Zebulon 6.

We all look alike to you, don't we? Specist.
I had tea with a wonderful woman from Zeb6. We talked of evolution and the Zebulese spirit and the moons of Zebulon 3. We made love beneath the breaking dawn and it's the closest thing I've had to a religious experience since I partook in some of the local flora, if you get my meaning.

The next day she called and we started making plans, but then she casually mentioned her two sons (one of whom was mentally handicapped and the other aspired to move to Earth). I never showed up to the cafe that night.
  • Moth and AlienTwo like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

I'm 30 posts off 10k and milestones are bullsh*t. What a dilemma. 

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

I'm 30 posts off 10k and milestones are bullsh*t. What a dilemma. 

Just do it. You know you want to. 

• Android likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:01 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 29 August 2014 - 12:28 PM.

It goes against everything I stand for! But also 10k.

--

I caved.

http://gtaforums.com...cant-beat-them/

COME AND LOVE ME. 

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

--

I caved.

COME AND LOVE ME. 

How fat and gay of you.

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

I want VC remastered instead of V "remastered".

I also want this :( I really hope they decide to use Vice City for the next location.

--

I caved.

COME AND LOVE ME. 

Congrats! :)

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

Remasters are a waste of time and completely unnecessary. V's remaster isn't a remaster at all btw.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:39 AM

Remasters are a waste of time and completely unnecessary. V's remaster isn't a remaster at all btw.

So updating the graphics, adding new music, adding all current patches and items to the base game and other things, doesn't count as a remaster? 

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

The bright lights and neon from V were pretty close to what I wanted from a VC remake anyway.

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:55 AM Edited by Lexty., 02 September 2014 - 08:55 AM.

I also think Vice has to be the next game in the series. Although would it be based in modern day Vice? I know a lot of people make the point that Miami isn't as bustling with crime as it use to be - but who's not to say that it hasn't changed? Perhaps it's even gritter than before.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

For me, Vice City can only work with an 80s setting - it can tie into so much popular culture of that time (which I hate almost all of). 

It wouldn't really make sense with a modern setting, but rehashing that 80s vibe would be pretty dull. Perhaps it's time to go back... waaaay back... to the 1970s. DISCO FEVER MOFO. 

• Mick. likes this

bread
  • bread

The Boss

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:53 PM

I do concur.

A remake of Vice City in modern times would be unimaginable, given how gritty and dirty Miami has got, not to mention an obvious loss of the 80's vibe it once had. Vice City is meant to be played in the 70's or 80's and if Rockstar manages to pull off a good modern remake of it, I will be surprised.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

chkn butt

• The Precinct
  • United-States
  • Best Member Named after a Stone Cold Steve Austin Catchphrase

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:20 PM

I thought the Miami feel in the Michael Mann movie remake of Miami Vice was actually very good. It would translate well to a new Vice City if Rockstar were to blatantly rip him off... Again. It's an awesome atmosphere for crime stories. I don't think there is a real need to be constricted to the 1980s.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:34 AM

why does anyone want a remake?

that's lame.

give me new content.

new cities.

new characters.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:51 AM Edited by Twang., 03 September 2014 - 01:52 AM.

I thought the Miami feel in the Michael Mann movie remake of Miami Vice was actually very good. It would translate well to a new Vice City if Rockstar were to blatantly rip him off... Again. It's an awesome atmosphere for crime stories. I don't think there is a real need to be constricted to the 1980s.

CSI: Miami, Dexter, Hotline Miami...there's plenty of modern pop culture to use for it, mostly based on nostalgia from the 80s, because the city itself is fairly irrelevant these days.

There really isn't a city like LA or NY anymore. They've said time and again that they'll probably stick to America, so I can't see where they want to go next. Detroit is ripe from the crime aspect, but R* requires cultural relevance as well, and Detroit, uh...really doesn't have that. Maybe they could pull off a meta-city based on Midwest metropoli, like MSP, Chicago, Milwaukee, (of course) Detroit, and maybe over to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore (though that's pushing east coast).

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

CSI: Miami, Dexter, Hotline Miami...there's plenty of modern pop culture to use for it, mostly based on nostalgia from the 80s, because the city itself is fairly irrelevant these days.

There really isn't a city like LA or NY anymore. They've said time and again that they'll probably stick to America, so I can't see where they want to go next. Detroit is ripe from the crime aspect, but R* requires cultural relevance as well, and Detroit, uh...really doesn't have that. Maybe they could pull off a meta-city based on Midwest metropoli, like MSP, Chicago, Milwaukee, (of course) Detroit, and maybe over to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore (though that's pushing east coast).

There's London. Sure, it's not in the US, but it's as iconic and brimming with wrong-uns as both NY and LA. Plus it has hundreds of years of history and more iconic architecture than both NY and LA put together. 

It's happened before, it's time they did an update. It wouldn't need to be set at the same time as GTA London - London's rich history would allow any era to be used. 

The only thing stopping it from happening is the fact that the Getaway used it first. R*'s London would be amazing, so much better than the Getaway. 

Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

I loved playing that game. I only explored rather than doing missions.
  • Fuzzknuckles likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, it was definitely my favourite of the top down era games. I kinda wish I still had a PSone.

Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:44 PM Edited by Franceska, 03 September 2014 - 07:45 PM.

I meant The Getaway, unfortunately I never knew until later about London and the other 2.

I wish I could put The Getaway in my profile games list, but it's not really relevant anymore, so it doesn't really count...

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

Detroit is ripe from the crime aspect, but R* requires cultural relevance as well, and Detroit, uh...really doesn't have that. 

Could always make it feel like Robocop or Deus Ex: Human Revolution. But that would be more SR territory instead of GTA.

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:30 AM Edited by Lexty., 04 September 2014 - 08:32 AM.

I do concur.

A remake of Vice City in modern times would be unimaginable, given how gritty and dirty Miami has got, not to mention an obvious loss of the 80's vibe it once had. Vice City is meant to be played in the 70's or 80's and if Rockstar manages to pull off a good modern remake of it, I will be surprised.

You are closely relating Miami to Vice City, like I said what most people do. Just because it is based on a city, doesn't mean it has to restrict its culture. Well with how Rockstar have been going with the HD era so far, they have stuck in modern times, unlike the 3D era. So it's either they'll set GTA VI in Vice in modern times and manage to give make it decent, or they'll totally avoid Vice. I think a GTA London is out of Rockstars range - not their ability though. I think if they introduced Carcer City, they could incorporate Detroit, Chicago etc.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:34 PM Edited by BondageKitty, 04 September 2014 - 10:36 PM.

I've owned Vice City like twice. Once on PS2 and now on Steam yet have never had the chance of playing much of the story. Back then because it was my dirty secret so I dedicated the time to fooling around with cheats, now because my computer is dead. With the recent remake, remaster, reboot trend gaming has I would love to see GTA III, San Andreas and Vice City get updated in the same style as Halo: Master Chief Collection (or how I call it, Halo Trilogy and the broken condom sequel). Textures, models and sounds updated but the same engine as before.

That said, are there any mods that do this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users