Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

Anyone playing anything over the weekend? biggrin.gif

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 10:35)

Nah. I have tickets to a two day music festival in Detroit. Taking the wife and getting out. Orion, baby. Metallica, Deftones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dropkick Murphy's... oh its going to be soo good. Supposed to be a custom car show too. I'll post up some pics if anyone is interested.

This summer is looking awesome for concerts. I've got Black Sabbath, Alice In Chains and I think Soundgarden coming to town as well.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (What!? @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 16:44)

Nah. I have tickets to a two day music festival in Detroit. Taking the wife and getting out. Orion, baby. Metallica, Deftones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dropkick Murphy's... oh its going to be soo good. Supposed to be a custom car show too. I'll post up some pics if anyone is interested.

This summer is looking awesome for concerts. I've got Black Sabbath, Alice In Chains and I think Soundgarden coming to town as well.

Nice one. Sounds like a great buzz. Alice in Chains are touring? Who's singing for them? Post pictures! Festival photos are always hilarious to look at.

I'm going to see Kraftwerk at a city festival in a large park next month. I look forward to that as it's a 3D show.

Haven't gone to a good festival since Electric Picnic in 2010.

Have fun this weekend man. icon14.gif

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Omgomgomg, I've got tickets to see Jake Bugg at the Manchester 02 Arena on November 6th this year! I'll end up spending a good 50-100 on merch.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 11:39)
QUOTE (What!? @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 16:44)

Nice one. Sounds like a great buzz. Alice in Chains are touring? Who's singing for them? Post pictures! Festival photos are always hilarious to look at.

I'm going to see Kraftwerk at a city festival in a large park next month. I look forward to that as it's a 3D show.

Haven't gone to a good festival since Electric Picnic in 2010.

Have fun this weekend man. icon14.gif

Yeah Alice In Chains are a part of Uproar Festival. Looks like all the dates are for the states though. They got a new lead singer back about 2010 I think. His name is William DuVall I don't know how I feel about the guy. Obviously he isn't Lane Staley, but then who is? A lot of the new stuff has Jerry Cantrell in front.

The new album is awesome. The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. It's a lot heavier than their initial release after the band got back together.

I'll get some pics of the 'tallica show! icon14.gif

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

Dude sounds like a cross between Staley and that dude from Stone Temple Pilots whose name I knew a second ago but randomly just forgot. Not a bad replacement at all.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

Alice in Chains is cool but some of you have horrible taste in music.

Throwing that out their like Zohan's movie.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 04:35)

Throwing that out their like Zohan's movie.

Do elaborate...? tounge.gif

@Sakuya: Scott Weiland?

Love to see some pics What!?

Listening to this at my desk in work... Good thing other can't hear. crossed between some Acid-Spack-Funk and Aphex Twin stuff. It's nice. You might like it Sak.

Nice and spacey...yeah...should be floating through space smoking some space weed.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 22:35)

I'm gonna assume you're a plebeian in denial until you post a list of bands/artists you like and an in-depth analysis of why you like them.

@Pink: yeah, that's the name. I had it in my head a second before I was about to type then, suddenly...nothing. Then I was too lazy to just google it...

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

I enjoy a wide range of music.. no need to display them all, I'd be here all day.

You know I'm a Lil' Wayne fan.. wow.gif icon13.gif I rather just be called a plebeian though. Sounds sexy the way it rolls off the tongue.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 22:08)
You know I'm a Lil' Wayne fan.

I hope to Christ you're joking. Then again, you'd be only Outlaw that likes that type of music. The Angels however love that type of thing biggrin.gif

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

People like what they like. I like all kinds of metal/grunge/"classic" rock. I'm not going to apologize for it. It isn't worth the time debating anyway, you may list bands that you like, and I'll likely think they suck, because I'm right and you're wrong, and that's just how it is. biggrin.gif

Lil' Wayne did give me this one gem that affected my lyfe deeply dough.
A-all white bricks I'm straight like it's jumpin' back to thirty-six nigga
Big house, long hallways, got ten bathrooms, I can sh*t all day, nigga

LIL WAYNE - WE BE STEADY MOBBIN'' LYRICS

But yeah, he terrible fo real dough. Pretty sho u wuz just puttin on dat jive anyway, son. You gots dem mad jokes. lololol

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

Lol .. I'm a metal/rock dude myself.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

Tegan and Sara. Nothing else matters, just sayin'.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

The new Sabbath album is terrible, as is the new Megadeth.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Groovy @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 18:41)

What do you expect? Metal is dead nowadays.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 11:40)

Heh, far from it, you just need to know where to look.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

So it seems the FIBbers up and died. That's what they get for not assimilating in to the Saltine Empire.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:51 AM Edited by What!?, 11 June 2013 - 09:43 PM.

QUOTE (Groovy @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 16:20)
QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 11:40)

Heh, far from it, you just need to know where to look.

I like the new Sabbath tune.

Now what?

...Oh yeah and the Orion festival was the f*cking sh*t. I'll post those pics up tomorrow.

::EDIT::

Man, I just got the new Sabbath CD... Groovy might be right. I like God Is Dead? and I think Age of Reason might be alright... but there really isn't a lot of strong stuff here. Man, I'm kinda disappointed. confused.gif

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Anyone been playing anything lately? Only game I've been playing is League of Legends

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

Orion Music And More!

We were taken by school bus from BEAUTIFUL downtown Detroit, MI!
user posted image

When we arrived we were greeted with the Metallica Museum. This guitar was used by James on the recording of Kill 'Em All!
user posted image

There was a kick ass car show with all manner of kool and kustom sh*t!
user posted image

The festival grounds had room for five stages, and some annoying dubstep sh*t. Also had a host of small businesses selling everything from water to used records.
user posted image

There was of course awesome music!!
user posted image

...and Metallica!
user posted image
This was from the first day, which they were not scheduled to play. They signed up a band called Dehaan. Turned out to be them. The Dropkick Murphys were in the middle of closing their set when Ken Casey gave 'em away. Everyone went running over to the Van's Stage. They played the entire Kill 'Em All album. Pretty kick ass, nothing compared to Sunday though. Holy sh*t. If you ever see one live band these guys are it man. f*ckin' sick.

Here is some more stuff the Free Press got snaps of. I have a sh*t ton more on my Facebook too.
http://www.freep.com...tallica-detroit
Local Radio coverage

I also caught Deftones, Rise Against, Fu Manchu, and Red Hot Chili Peppers. It was an awesome two days. I'll go again next year.

Also picked up this and got it hangin' on the wall...
user posted image

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

Cool sh*t man icon14.gif Detroit is a bit out of range for me, I would of loved to of been there. RHCP is one of the bands I haven't had a chance to see in person.

In the pic of cars, I'm more curious of that bobber in the back, looks more modern than old school though. Good bit of bikes there?

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 02:30)
Cool sh*t man icon14.gif Detroit is a bit out of range for me, I would of loved to of been there. RHCP is one of the bands I haven't had a chance to see in person.

In the pic of cars, I'm more curious of that bobber in the back, looks more modern than old school though. Good bit of bikes there?

user posted image
I got pics of a few bikes... there weren't a ton there (probably only 12 or so). This one is James Hetfeild's West Coast Chopper. I really liked Jesse James CFL bikes. I wanted to grab a CFL frame for my own project but then Jesse closed shop and moved to Texas to do hot rods. I hear tale that you can still get WCC parts though.

Anyway, I'd have posted more pics of the car show but I had a hard time getting the phone camera to cooperate with the lighting under the tent. A lot of them came out pretty blurry.

They Call Meh Drizy
  • They Call Meh Drizy

Former-SoaR,Dare,vP,RisK,and BCT

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Man,I feel like I am a little late on this but your page is amazing.As well as the concept you have here for the Gang or "Network" you have here is mind blowing in the fact of the detailed and confusing idea and plots of roles,jobs,and story.Even though sometimes I feel like I am watching the matrix when I am reading your story and so fourth because it is so out there and hard to grasp at the end I felt like this is one of the best clans I've seen in a long while now.My best of wishes are with you mates,Best of luck.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Had a lot on my plate which is why I haven't been posting around the forums and most importantly this topic as much as usual. All is well and as promised to Sakuya, I should have Black Ops II on the XBOX 360 soon (so I can kick his ass!). On a lighter note however, I've been doing something not too many Brits do, and I went for a more unique style (or at-least it's unique here). No, not clothing! My hair style! Check it out, yo yo yooo. http://i.imgur.com/9FWodZz.jpg

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Nice photos man, looks like fun. icon14.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (What!? @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 09:12)

user posted image
I got pics of a few bikes... there weren't a ton there (probably only 12 or so). This one is James Hetfeild's West Coast Chopper. I really liked Jesse James CFL bikes. I wanted to grab a CFL frame for my own project but then Jesse closed shop and moved to Texas to do hot rods. I hear tale that you can still get WCC parts though.

Anyway, I'd have posted more pics of the car show but I had a hard time getting the phone camera to cooperate with the lighting under the tent. A lot of them came out pretty blurry.

Damn, yeah.. didn't know that was a CFL, nice sh*t. Yeah, Jesse made some beautiful bikes man.. he doesn't do bad with the hot rods either over at the new shop but I rather see him stick to his bikes. Other than his CFL's, I always liked the El Diablo's too. Yeah, you can still grab WCC parts, that name sells alone, it'll be around for awhile. I have a Jesse James six-shooter gas cap on one of my bikes. Be nice to get that CFL frame, prices are high as sh*t though I'm sure.. I can't use too many WCC related sh*t around here for myself, since he's an HA supporter but I've had a lot of customers in the past order tons of sh*t for their bikes and builds that was WCC.

Good stuff man, don't worry about the pics.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:40)
QUOTE (What!? @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 09:12)

IMGhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/10554_639633792731197_1154517733_n.jpg/IMG

Damn, yeah.. didn't know that was a CFL, nice sh*t. Yeah, Jesse made some beautiful bikes man.. he doesn't do bad with the hot rods either over at the new shop but I rather see him stick to his bikes. Other than his CFL's, I always liked the El Diablo's too. Yeah, you can still grab WCC parts, that name sells alone, it'll be around for awhile. I have a Jesse James six-shooter gas cap on one of my bikes. Be nice to get that CFL frame, prices are high as sh*t though I'm sure.. I can't use too many WCC related sh*t around here for myself, since he's an HA supporter but I've had a lot of customers in the past order tons of sh*t for their bikes and builds that was WCC.

Good stuff man, don't worry about the pics.

Well if ya like bikes here is a picture of my Dad bringing mashed potatoes to Thanksgiving on the trike he built. lol

user posted image

Man,I feel like I am a little late on this but your page is amazing.As well as the concept you have here for the Gang or "Network" you have here is mind blowing in the fact of the detailed and confusing idea and plots of roles,jobs,and story.Even though sometimes I feel like I am watching the matrix when I am reading your story and so fourth because it is so out there and hard to grasp at the end I felt like this is one of the best clans I've seen in a long while now.My best of wishes are with you mates,Best of luck.

Thanks for that compliment, man. Appreciated. icon14.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:47 PM Edited by GunWrath, 13 June 2013 - 03:50 PM.

lol nice.. love the front end on that one. Mashed potatoes, giggity.. that's express delivery right there.

the first bike I ever built has a car tire for the rear, here's acouple pics (opened in PS and took sshots, abit quicker)
'86 Ironhead .. built around it with a kawasaki 1000 frame abit modified though
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

That's also a Jesse James gas tank too brother icon14.gif the rear fender I handmade myself, same as oil tank, seat and sissy bar.

Built that back in '09 .. I actually had my own shop for awhile then got tired of putting in all the hours so I closed up shop
and went back into pipe-fitting.. but that's slowed down around here so I'm reopening my shop soon.. already have acouple
people lined up for some repairs and small modifications. Hopefully I can get some new builds to roll in and do what I love
again.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Damn, that tank is really stretched.

Is that green color an epoxy primer, or did you do a satin clear coat over top of your base? The car tire is old school, how does it ride? Seems like it would be hard to lean in and out of corners with the higher sidewall.

That's a cool build man. Reminds me of some of the bikes I have seen in The Horse.

I never got around to building mine. I was in the Navy for a bit and I had some extra cash built up after a couple of deployments. I used to sit on watch with a DRAG Specialties catalog and circle parts. lol. After I got out I ended up deciding to stick the money into a house though. I still want to start up a project in the future. Probably happen once my wife is done kicking my ass through college.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users